PDA

View Full Version : I Write Like...

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 14th, 2010, 08:11:23 PM
Use a block of text from a recent post and see what famous writer you write like!

http://iwl.me/

I got Kurt Vonnegut for one post, and then:

David Foster Wallace (http://iwl.me/b/d7939cdb)

I used a Jane Starborn post for that one.

<!-- Begin I Write Like Badge -->
Dan Brown (http://iwl.me/b/cfe99843)
<!-- End I Write Like Badge -->
^^I got this a few times with a few different posts, so this is probably the average one for me. ^_^;

Lykaios
Jul 14th, 2010, 08:37:56 PM
I haven't written in ages >.<

But what I pasted from a few old threads I got Dan Brown, too O_o

Emelie Shadowstar
Jul 14th, 2010, 08:39:10 PM
Apparently when it comes to RP, the vast majority of the time I got David Foster Wallace... (tried with several characters and such)
Though anything I write for Cleo is just...amusing. Apparently she's torn between Hemmingway and Steven King mode. :lol

For giggles I took some larger sections of my NaNoWriMo novel from last year... to get a decent picture of it. Yeah... that bounced between Arthur C. Clarke and H.P. Lovecraft. O_o

Karl Valten
Jul 14th, 2010, 08:46:35 PM
David Foster Wallace for myself as Karl on all posts I've tried.

Haven't tried other characters yet.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 14th, 2010, 09:18:23 PM
Dan Brown for Anbira

Xavier Synik
Jul 14th, 2010, 09:38:26 PM
Also haven't written in a while (should try and rectify that at some point).

For Ky it was definitely David Foster Wallace.

For Xaiver it was a little more random, from James Joyce to David Foster Wallace and even had a post that I put in that resulted in a comparison to Margaret Atwood. Which is nice since she's one of Canada's most famous writers.

Taataani Meorrrei
Jul 14th, 2010, 09:39:23 PM
Taataani is written by David Foster Wallace

Sanis Prent
Jul 14th, 2010, 09:41:36 PM
Sanis is written by David Foster Wallace.

Heh, I give up.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 15th, 2010, 01:39:45 AM
Salem Ave, written by James Fenimore Cooper (Last of the Mohicans :love)

Tiercel Habrok, written by Harry Harrison (a sci-guy, what a surprise!)

Daria Nytherciria, written by Dan Brown (:()

Dashiel Starborn, written by Ernest Hemmingway (:cool)

Darth Callidus, written by Ray Bradbury (:whaa)

I'm kinda pleased that all my chars are getting different results. Different vibes to each of em :)

Vega Van-Derveld
Jul 15th, 2010, 01:48:28 AM
Anne Rice.

:ohno

Malick Raine
Jul 15th, 2010, 01:59:02 AM
Malick Raine - P. G. Wodehouse

Nicky Raine - Stephen King

(so romantic comedy writer and a horror suspense writer lovely.)

Acacius Blade
Jul 15th, 2010, 03:22:00 AM
For Acacius I got a mixture that seemed a bit random and in stark contrast - so methinks it's not as analytical as it suggests. But I was still pleased that the consensus for Acacius was J. K. Rowling and Douglas Adams :p

Captain Untouchable
Jul 15th, 2010, 07:33:11 AM
A random sampling of mine, just going through the active threads on my list...

Ethan Tahmores - Mostly Stephen King so far, with the odd David Foster Wallace thrown in.

Inyos Aamoran - A really oddball sampling: Charles Dickens, William Gibson, Dan Brown, Stephen King, and Tolstoy. :whaa

Jaden Luka - Aside from an off-day where I flirted with Dan Brown, almost exclusively David Foster Wallace.

Oisin Ocasta - I only have a limited sampling, but I managed to cover James Joyce, Arthur C. Clarke, and Dan Brown. :|

John Glayde - Pretty consistantly David Foster Wallace - especially the further back I went - though there were a few outliers, including H.P. Lovecraft. o_O

Alexander Tur'enne - Arthur C. Clarke, Dan Brown, Mark Twain, Stephanie Meyer, and Mario Puzo. :huh

There are more too, but I can't be bothered to type those up / remember what they were. >_<

I was able to conclude, however:

1) When I write Rebels, particularly when they're doing briefings or being introvert, I mostly write like David Foster Wallace. Which is intreguing, since he's predominantly a non-fiction writer. Hmm.

2) When I write Imperials, or when I write characters - like Inyos - who are fairly ordered and regimented in the way they think and speak, there's a lot of Stephen King involved.

3) The rest of the time, my writing style is too awesome to be defined by your foolish boxes and stereotypes. :mischief

I did throw in some writing from a (Star Trek) character I used to write years and years ago, and it came out as Douglas Adams. I need to find a character that I can write like that again. :lol

Emelie Shadowstar
Jul 15th, 2010, 08:56:32 AM
Alexander Tur'enne - Stephanie Meyer

:lol!!!!!!!!!

I TOLD you to stop having him randomly lusting after <strike>vampires</strike> all the men in SpecForce!

The Original BuffJedi
Jul 15th, 2010, 02:17:02 PM
A third grader :(

Rev Solomon
Jul 16th, 2010, 02:39:09 PM
Solomon - David Foster Wallace

Tannis - Arthur C. Clarke

Akasha - Douglas Adams :lol

EDIT: I just put in the prologue I wrote for my novel and got Ian Fleming!

Park Kraken
Jul 16th, 2010, 02:45:55 PM
H.P. Lovecraft for me.