PDA

View Full Version : New Styleset Input wanted

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 12th, 2010, 05:06:10 PM
So after talking with Jenny, I've decided I want to try and finish putting together an old styleset I'd started years back. It's nothing fancy, nothing extravagant, and certainly not as complicated as the Slicer styles I did.

It would look almost exactly like the basic light and basic dark sets, only with a bit of a difference; first, the color schemes would be different, and second, the banner would be a rotating set of character banners.

There will hopefully be a banner light and banner dark pair of sets, so if folks could weigh in on what colors they think would go well together (for a dark set and a light set), post here :)

I'd say limit it to four or five colors.

ps - banner banner banner :x

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 12th, 2010, 11:41:25 PM
I like the colors of my sig - a bluish color.

And maybe stay away from green as then it would look a lot like the KA style?

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 18th, 2010, 02:30:39 PM
I am trying to think if there are any colour palettes that we don't really use right now, but I think we have most all of them covered so it's pretty hard for me to pick which would be best. If anything, I'd say it would be better to use more neutral shades than anything too bold or bright, just so that the character images in the banners (which are inevitably going to be all different kinds of colours, contrasts and so on) don't end up clashing?

Bette Davis
Jul 18th, 2010, 03:41:00 PM
Ooh ooh, we could do a pink styleset!

;)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 18th, 2010, 03:54:32 PM
Haha, and we can call it the Dakota Gue Special :p

But I agree with Jenny; neutral colors would be best. Like maybe a few shades of grey, some beige, tans, and light blues. Generally lighter shades of colors with nothing overly bold, since the banners will be the eye-catching part :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 20th, 2010, 03:23:47 PM
Greys and blues would be nice, ja :thumbup

Charlotte Tur'enne
Jul 20th, 2010, 04:07:00 PM
I'm all for greys and blues... nice neutrals Wouldn't mind if the overall "brightness"/tonality was kinda equal to the Naul skin. (...my brain is kinda poop, hope that makes sense). It's not too dark and easy on the eyes so wouldn't mind similar just with different colors/feel to it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 20th, 2010, 04:11:41 PM
s'Il, if you mock up a banner and email it to me, I can help make more. Just give me a list of characters to work on. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 3rd, 2010, 06:06:14 PM
Wondering where we are on this...? :)

Pierce Tondry
Dec 3rd, 2010, 09:54:44 PM
Christin will have it ready by next July, silly.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 5th, 2010, 04:08:13 AM
banner banner banner banner