PDA

View Full Version : Those who can see [Daria]

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 10th, 2010, 01:51:51 PM
His short few days onboard the Wheel had been difficult. It didn't take a Jedi to note the trust issues at hand. Anbira was well aware of the peculiarities of his arrival, and upon speaking to the suspicious Trianii Jedi Drin Kizael, it had been determined the best course of action would be for him to speak to a particular Jedi Knight - Daria Nytherciria.

Still recovering from his injuries, and with the pink-ish pucker of a bacta-healed laceration at his head, Anbira slipped on something casual, a pair of old, faded Imperial physical training garments, and headed from his makeshift quarters to the cargo bay, where he was told to meet with the Jedi. He tied his unkempt hair back in a ponytail, smoothed out his beard, and did as he was told.

Daria Nytherciria
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:09:25 PM
The unmistakable hiss and thrrrrum of a lightsaber blade in motion dispelled the silence in the cargo bay, as Daria moved through strike to strike in a fluid motion. Each gesture was an echo of the technique she had been taught by her master, and there was an element of meditative release in the familiar repetition, as if she did not have to think when she became immersed in the flowing movement of the blade. She chopped the hilt down from overhead, and froze with the beam at a right angle to her body. She frowned and, without powering the weapon down, turned to face the figure standing in the cargo bay's entrance. The red blade gave an almost thoughtful hrrrmmmmm as she peered across the distance between between herself and the stranger.

“Hello?”

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 10th, 2010, 02:16:29 PM
Approaching tentatively, Anbira gave a slight bow in greeting, his hands clasped in front of him.

"Daria Nytherciria?"

Having never met a Miraluka before, it was somewhat disconcerting to be under her sightless gaze.

"I was sent here by Master Kizael. Do you have time to speak with me?"

Daria Nytherciria
Jul 11th, 2010, 01:40:40 AM
A beat passed before Daria spoke again. Whether or not the stranger could feel it, the Jedi Knight was studying him and the peculiar flow of the Force's energies that represented his presence to her eyes.

“Of course.” Daria nodded and the red energy blade she held hissed back into its hilt, which was clipped onto her belt.

“How may I help?”

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 11th, 2010, 07:41:23 AM
Where to begin? Anbira struggled for the right words.

"I believe Master Kizael seeks confirmation from you to the effect that I am neither a liar nor am I insane."

A slight smile appeared on his face.

"I can account for the former, but perhaps I too would be interested in confirming the latter as well. At any rate, the issue revolves around my very origins as a Jedi, as I was sheltered, taught, and guided by spirits long parted."

Daria Nytherciria
Jul 11th, 2010, 12:11:54 PM
“Ah,” Daria said, then in a softer tone: “That would explain.. that.”

The preternatural sight of the Miraluka was no secret, so it did not surprise Daria that Drin Kizaael had sent this stranger to her. She saw the world as a colourless, almost translucent place, in which each living creature was surrounded by an aura that revealed as much about their character as any word or action could. The history of Anbira Hicchoru's training, as with any Jedi, was written in the energies that surrounded him.

“Did these spirits have names?”

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 11th, 2010, 12:30:16 PM
Anbira nodded his head.

"They were the only souls I knew for many years."

And with that he began to name them.

"Raes Nuba. Tysha Madrucal. Omi Val Notra. Maris Brood. Shaak Ti. Yoda. Obi Wan Kenobi. Qui Gon Jinn. Anakin Skywalker. Luke Skywalker."

He shook his head.

"There are more. Many come and go. But always, they are with me."

Daria Nytherciria
Jul 11th, 2010, 12:36:33 PM
It was as if he had heard her ask an entirely different question, one asking him to list the names of some of the greatest and most noble Jedi that history could recall.

“Always? Do they speak to you, or do you reach out to them?”

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 11th, 2010, 12:54:03 PM
Looking a bit sheepish, Anbira professed as best as he could of his unique situation.

"They choose the time to speak with me. I, unfortunately, have no such control over them. My duty is only to listen, it seems."

Daria Nytherciria
Jul 11th, 2010, 01:44:05 PM
Daria canted her head to one side as she tried to process the information she was being provided with. It was a fascinating and baffling confession, to say the least. To have even one of the Jedi he had named whispering in his ear would have been incredible.

“What do they say?”

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 11th, 2010, 02:43:22 PM
"For one thing, I was guided to this place by Master Yoda."

Anbira didn't pause. If it sounded ludicrous, that was just the nature of the beast.

"For ten years, in near total isolation, they all took part in passing on the ways of the force to me. Don't ask me to what end, I've asked that for years and with very little response."

Daria Nytherciria
Jul 12th, 2010, 01:03:40 PM
“You are fortunate, then, to have had so many esteemed teachers.”

It was acknowledged that the Force had drawn some of the Wheels passengers together, but that long-deceased Jedi should be doing their part to bring the remnants of the Jedi Order together... that gave the Wheel a whole new sense of purpose and hope.

“Master Kizael wanted to know if I could see their spirits around you, didn't he?”

It was an easy conclusion to make. Of all the Jedi aboard the Wheel, Daria was perhaps most qualified to do just that.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 13th, 2010, 09:16:22 PM
"That would be my understanding of his command."

Anbira nodded slightly.

"To be honest, it would also bring some significant comfort to myself as well."

A troubled expression, and he continued.

"My concern is, as I said, I have no will over them. I can only hope one or more sees value in making themselves known. Would you have any idea how to do that?"

Daria Nytherciria
Jul 14th, 2010, 11:41:23 AM
Command? The word raised an eyebrow with Daria, who was surprised to hear that anyone was being commanded to do anything by Jedi aboard the Whaladon. Frowning slightly, she dismissed the thought for now.

“To.. draw them out, as it were? Perhaps.. perhaps not. Who can say what whim or purpose draws them to you? The very nature of fate is that it denies us knowledge of our destination.”

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 14th, 2010, 08:56:36 PM
Unsatisfied, Anbira gave a reluctant nod.

"That is a possibility I am forced to accept."

A strange expression took hold over him, and he knelt down, then positioned himself cross-legged on the ground.

"Since I'm left without any concrete option, I suppose meditation would be my only recourse."

He arched an eyebrow.

"I have no idea if two heads are better than one in an effort like this. Any help would be appreciated."

With that, he closed his eyes.

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 6th, 2010, 12:29:07 PM
“Of course.”

Daria nodded and knelt opposite Anbira. She laid her palms against her thighs and drew in a long, slow breath as she too closed her eyes. By Anbira's own admission, the spirits that counseled him did not appear on command, but if there was a way to draw them from the ether of the beyond, meditation might be the key.

Though both Jedi lacked formal training, in their own ways they were attuned to the Force and within a few minutes Daria felt the familiar, yet no less peculiar, sensation of another beings energy mingling with her own, their consciousness questing out towards one another - and to the Force, as it surrounded them.

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 15th, 2010, 11:37:20 AM
His senses combined with Daria's own unique insight gave Anbira a perspective he previously didn't have. She knew how to see, and he knew where to look. The shroud over his sight drew back.

"I feel them."

Through the concentration of both Jedi, a third presence emerged to be felt, and an ethereal figure emerged, seated amongst them and bathed in faint blue light.

Anbira, with his eyes closed, didn't need to open them to know who was with them now in meditation. His lips parted, and he spoke a name.

"Obi Wan."

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 17th, 2010, 11:55:09 AM
In spite of the reverence in his tone, Anbira accepted Obi-Wan's appearance with serenity. By contrast, Daria felt her breath catch in her throat as her gaze was drawn inexorably to the luminous figure sitting alongside them.

“Master Kenobi,” she managed. “You honour us with your presence.”

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 17th, 2010, 08:42:49 PM
The ghostly presence allowed a knowing smile as he addressed Daria.

"And you must be Daria. A gifted servant of the force such as I've rarely seen."

He glanced to Anbira, and back to her again.

"It is I, Daria, who am honored. In spite of the dark times, you carry the torch brighter than so many that came before you."

Daria Nytherciria
Aug 18th, 2010, 12:10:47 PM
“We do what must be done.” She bowed her head, acknowledging the master's words with the humility befitting of a Jedi Knight.

“I must confess,” she went on, hesitant as she lifted her eyes to meet those of the late Kenobi, “Your presence here is.. unexpected, though not unwelcome. Has something called you to us, from the Netherworld of the Force?”