PDA

View Full Version : Target World: Zeltros

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 3rd, 2010, 03:49:33 AM
In accordance with that species' reputation, Zeltros was known as a luxury world, where many went to vacation, owing to the planet's abundance of pleasurable facilities ranging from amusement parks to theatres, night clubs, and much more. There was almost always a planet-wide party occurring, and even when it wasn't, the Zeltrons were looking for a reason to throw one. Like Naboo, it was ruled by an elective monarchy.

The planet joined the Galactic Republic at least 4,000 BBY. Despite its famous atmosphere of leisure, Zeltros maintained a substantial defense force, although it lacked planetary shielding and was susceptible to orbital bombardments. The planet was invaded twelve times in six centuries, the first invasion in 596 BBY and the twelfth battle in 4 ABY. The planet was never taken over by the Empire. To date, almost every invasion of Zeltros, save for a chain of three invasions shortly after the Battle of Endor, broke apart when the invaders made it planetside, the pheromones and party atmosphere overwhelming them.

Zeltros is party capital of the galaxy. Why, therefore, do we find it an interesting place?

* Like Hapes and Ambria, Zeltros is very close to Onderon.
* It's cultural and technological exports are highly lucrative.
* Zeltros has never ever been subdued by the Empire, and has repelled numerous other invasions.

How are we going to go about taking political control of Zeltros?

Through the criminal element on the world. We have in-universe canon that Emelie Shadowstar's grandmother is a madame on Zeltros, which establishes that - as one would expect - the world of endless parties does have a seedy side.

We can talk, bribe and intimidate our way into control of Zeltros without affecting the overall society there, and in the process we will gain access to a community of incredibly persuasive, empathtic individuals who can only be of benefit to our long term goals.

Chir'daki has already expressed interest in taking on the challenge of winning over Zeltros, but we will need more than just the hunter to do this. Notably, we will need people to write the Zeltrons themselves. I am hoping that Emelie will contribute her grandmother Nalai, but if anyone else would like to play the part of the Zeltron underworld, that would be most appreciated. Obviously these needn't be long term characters, but I just think it would make the plotoverall more interesting if we saw both sides of the story.

Thoughts? Ideas? Questions?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 3rd, 2010, 11:45:15 AM
Nothing in particular, just when we first started KA we had a bunch of Zeltrons here in a brothel and it was faaaabulous.

All those characters quickly fell by the wayside, unfortunately :(

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 3rd, 2010, 12:24:58 PM
Welp, as I said.. I believe Emelie's grandmother is a brothel madame. Maybe she will cut us in on her business :mneh

Droo
Jul 3rd, 2010, 01:01:13 PM
Nothing in particular, just when we first started KA we had a bunch of Zeltrons here in a brothel and it was faaaabulous.

Oh wow, I remember that. I had my Ziggy Stardust whore and Jim Broadbent as the ringleader, Dandy Valentine. Those were the days! :love

The Vilissar Twins
Jul 4th, 2010, 01:53:13 PM
Yep... I'll toss Nalai and underlings at this. Wanted to kinda get that whole thing established anyway. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 4th, 2010, 02:58:22 PM
I can rope cousin Antho in, as a lackey? :D

The Vilissar Twins
Jul 5th, 2010, 01:26:43 PM
Probably. XD Him and Dominick can cause trouble.
Might give me an excuse to resurrect Celleste too.

:D funfun...

Darth Callidus
Jul 5th, 2010, 02:39:01 PM
The galaxy can always do with more Zeltrons :D