PDA

View Full Version : The Serena Predicament

Serena Laran
Jun 29th, 2010, 11:40:46 PM
So, I thought having Serena captured by the Empire would be character building and what-not, and give me some RPing breathing room as I was having a baby and yada yada yada.

I think its time she got out of there. Not right now, but perhaps we might talk about how she could be rescued?

:ohno

Jamo Jakatta
Jun 30th, 2010, 11:54:54 AM
Rogue Squadron is at your disposal, Master Jedi ;)

Droo
Jun 30th, 2010, 12:21:01 PM
I can contribute Loki to the rescue effort if it makes sense to you plot-wise. And I have my own question: how do the Jedi or Rebels know of Serena's predicament?

Serena Laran
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:37:48 PM
I'm not sure. :p

The whole "Jedi leave Cloud City" was very muddled. As far as I know we found out that we were most likely busted when Serena's ship was impounded and searched, so then everyone started to scatter. Morgan and Rhianna took off (to who knows where) and Serena stayed to sell her ship. She sold it, and was nabbed by the Inquisitorate then.

James Prent, who knows Barton Henning, was helping Serena sell her ship and knew what happened. We can assume she forwarded a message about it to Barton.

If we also assume she knew Barton was going to be with the Jedi. Since I think he got in contact with them while Daria and Serena and co were on Cloud City this could work? Everyone sort of magicked their way to the Wheel so correct me if none of this works. :p

Droo
Jun 30th, 2010, 03:57:13 PM
Sounds solid to me. Plus I think the Jedi contributing towards a rescue mission to save one of their own is a great way to highlight the divide(s) amongst those within the Wheel since it's a very proactive, almost aggressive, kind of undertaking when lately all they've been concerned about is self-preservation. A nice way to get out their and do something without innitiating full-on intergalactic skirmishes with the Empire.

Serena Laran
Jun 30th, 2010, 05:10:27 PM
We'll probably have to say she's been with the Inquisitorate for a few months? I'm not sure how long the Wheel has been around, IC, but that's how long she's been in captivity.

Lowrook
Jun 30th, 2010, 05:38:37 PM
We could blame it on the Force. Jedi Masters have been able to see the various futures and pasts through meditation. One of them, or all of them could have either seen this as a possibility or as it happened (like when Luke was on Dagobah). If she wants out of there earlier, it could be explained that way.

I also agree that a Jedi strike team would be a great way to draw the attention of the Empire on them and give the Rebels a little breathing room. Or just get us all "One-d with the Force"

Captain Untouchable
Jun 30th, 2010, 06:35:16 PM
Inyos Aamoran has nothing to do, so he's fully at the disposal of any regulars; as are my pilots, Dorn Force, and any other characters that can concievably be factored in. :mischief

I love the notion of a rescue sparked by a premonition / vision type thing... perhaps followed with a Mace Windu style "I will take what Jedi we have..." Geonosis moment.

Something to bear in mind though: a lot of the Jedi on the Wheel are untrained - overgrown Padawans, or Force sensitives who were either trained with hand-me-down knowledge, or that just made it up as they went along. How does that impact our strategy, and our success? Do we go full-on Geonosis, and expect NPC Jedi casualties, but leave behind a "battle hardened" core of survivors? Do we go with a small team of the "best" amongst us, and find some other way for the others to contribute? Or do we find some other high-profile Rebel targets at the same facility, and convince the Alliance to provide military support?

If the Rogues are getting involved, this might be an opportunity to start looking into that "Jedi Squadron" idea that was tossed about. If we can find planes, the Rogues can help to train the Jedi to use them; that gives more scope for Jedi involvement, and more space for more Jedi to be involved, without overcrowding the rescue op itself.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 1st, 2010, 12:07:20 AM
Daria and Navaria know she went missing... But I'm not sure where too.

I can volunteer the Knightfall and Capt Henning to go get her :)

Serena Laran
Jul 1st, 2010, 01:41:34 AM
I recommend talking to Karl Valten about a plan. Maybe?

Its too bad Rev. Solomon isn't around, he and Serena have a special connection ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:05:50 AM
Maybe we can get Kale to bring him out of retirement!

Serena Laran
Jul 1st, 2010, 03:54:04 PM
Maybe! And then maybe someday Serena will find her wayward padawans...

:uhoh

I bet they're having too much fun without her, though. :mischief

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 1st, 2010, 04:14:59 PM
I can't speak for Morg, but having talked to Erin lately I know Rhianna won't be back anytime soon.

Rev Solomon
Jul 1st, 2010, 10:51:45 PM
Give me a day or two, I'll establish myself on the Wheel and might be able to drum up something.

I know others have already referred to Solomon being there, so I'll just go ahead and make canon what I was hoping to RP before life intervened: Solomon's been seeking Force-sensitives and ferrying them to the Jedi, sort of an Underground Railroad sort of thing.

He'll definitely be involved with Serena's rescue. :)

Acacius Blade
Jul 11th, 2010, 07:37:06 PM
Acacius can be involved in a 'Heavy Support' role - his focus is on Force Powers so he's something of a heavy hitter and can take aggro as it were. Useful for causing a distraction at the location Serena is being held at while someone else sneaks round and gets her.

Perhaps there's something else of significance there - Acacius could move on it (not necessarily by himself) and the local forces would think "Crap -someone's after the such-a-thing! Go help defend it!" and Serena will be less well-guarded, making it easier for the extraction team.

Captain Untouchable
Jul 11th, 2010, 08:11:10 PM
I like the notion of a distraction; particularly one conducted by the more Force-wielding members of the group. For starters, people levitating things and throwing objects around with the Force are bound to attract some attention; but it also provides clearly different roles for the Guardian and the Consular end of the spectrum, which will help establish those divisions and things we were talking about.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 13th, 2010, 12:59:12 AM
I was thinking there could be some support from Rebels too, if people wanted to volunteer to go along.

Acacius Blade
Jul 13th, 2010, 05:15:41 AM
Do we know where she's being held - in an OOC frame I mean. Might be fun to get an idea of the layout for planning purposes. I could even do a map and upload it.

Captain Untouchable
Jul 13th, 2010, 10:30:24 AM
I was thinking there could be some support from Rebels too, if people wanted to volunteer to go along.

Rebels in general, or just Rebels from the Wheel?

The downside of being part of the double-secret super-special Jedi club is that most of the agents, SpecForce, and all that don't necessarily know about us. :ohno

Unless the Jedi specifically approached the Rebels looking for help (which is possible), there's only a limited pool of individuals who are "in the loop" for this kind of thing, which might make it tough to volunteer.

Tionne Thanewulf
Jul 21st, 2010, 11:59:02 AM
I'd like to volunteer Tionne as being the first to enter, disabling security so others may enter too. So, she's be the first in there and the last to get out, after seeing that everybody was safe. After all, she's the stealthy type, they would not sense her coming.

Also, I'd like a duel with an Inquisitor in the end - I envision an attractive battle somewhere at the top of the Citadel, setting sun and twinkling skyline. Real romantic, apart from the saber bashing. :lol

Eragon_Dushall
Jul 21st, 2010, 12:29:37 PM
I'll bring the champagne after the battle. We could enjoy the rest of the sunset. Lol jk

In all seriousness. This would work. But I see he being held in some sort of Inquisitor Fortress or maybe a mobile prison mush like Cadeus star destroyer. That would give us plenty of strorm troopers and We can throw in there a bunch of basic inquisitors. Maybe the ship also serves a dual purpose of training would be inquisitors how to torture and extract statements/testimonies from prisoners.

Eragon would be bringing the "Wildfire and could fit a party of up to 150 if the cargo holds were empty. Or one really big bomb if need be. :-P

Since he is finding his way to the wheel via Rebel Intelligence maybe he could be the one to find and gather other volunteers or seek assistance from them.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 21st, 2010, 10:02:38 PM
Sanis is perfectly suited to playing school bus driver to all y'all force users, if you'd like.

As for Anbira's role in all this, I'm pretty much cool with being a grunt. Not a whole lot of plot-effect, but the right amount of brute force applied in a certain direction. He's more of a follower role at this point of the game.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 22nd, 2010, 09:41:00 AM
Y hallo thar thread. I figure Morgan shows up about a day or so after Serena is discovered missing. He'd be very useful from a security systems perspective. And that whole skull cracking thing.

Serena Laran
Jul 22nd, 2010, 03:24:49 PM
help me, help me!

Inyos Aamoran
Jul 22nd, 2010, 04:59:30 PM
Sanis is perfectly suited to playing school bus driver to all y'all force users, if you'd like.

As for Anbira's role in all this, I'm pretty much cool with being a grunt. Not a whole lot of plot-effect, but the right amount of brute force applied in a certain direction. He's more of a follower role at this point of the game.

Do we have a designated "bus" that we know we can use to get in to Coruscant? Or are we going to have to appropriate something?

Are we going to need disguises? :ohno

Acacius Blade
Jul 22nd, 2010, 05:03:27 PM
Yes! Brash Blackadder and the Seasick Kid are ready to go! :)

Lowrook
Jul 22nd, 2010, 05:41:56 PM
I'm in and the Berserker as well. Also we can used the Berserker either as a battering ram to get in or in as a delaying guard that can be destroyed.

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 23rd, 2010, 08:50:57 AM
Do we have a designated "bus" that we know we can use to get in to Coruscant? Or are we going to have to appropriate something?

Are we going to need disguises? :ohno

Shouldn't be a stretch that we could easily have hijacked a lambda or sentinel shuttle or such, and use that.

Droo
Jul 23rd, 2010, 09:02:27 AM
There's one shuttle going to waste in Errand Boys. And one Imperial shuttle pilot on the Layla. :)

Anbira Hicchoru
Jul 23rd, 2010, 09:07:36 AM
Indeed. We could certainly double back for that after...well...you know :mischief

Drin Kizael
Jul 26th, 2010, 02:01:47 PM
So who all is going to Bespin? If Corell and Anbira are going, we probably only want to send 2 more at the most, right?

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 26th, 2010, 02:03:46 PM
Loki also. He is starting us a thread.

Acacius Blade
Aug 2nd, 2010, 12:51:01 AM
I still like the idea of Acacius causing a distraction to pull security forces away from Serena's location. If not the troops directly guarding her, at least it will make it easier getting into the facility. Perhaps there's a small force in place to prevent her from escaping, but a larger force is on site as usual. Acacius could lure away the bulk of the personnel stationed there, leaving just the detachment who are specifically assigned to her incarceration.

Captain Untouchable
Aug 2nd, 2010, 07:40:05 AM
The difficulty with ^ that would be the fact that she's now likely to be on a train, as per here (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21090).

Team Two is the principle Jedi team, which will be assaulting the stationary train, so a distraction would seem somewhat moot there. Team Three is going to be disabling a tractor beam or something apparently, which in itself is a distraction, and they want to do it fast and dirty from the sound of it, so that might not fit.

You could always provide a distraction to allow Team One to infiltrate the generator for the train, provided you don't mind being on the all-Rebel team, rather than working on the Jedi parts of the plan. Tried pointing out that there wasn't much accomodation for your suggestion as is, but...

*shrug* Maybe you'll have better luck.

Serena Laran
Aug 14th, 2010, 01:37:59 PM
Hey everyone - please continue to post and rescue me! I am dying to join the Wheel with Serena. I'd like to do it after she's actually rescued. :(