PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove scareware from my system

Callomas Savoc
May 31st, 2010, 08:00:30 AM
I have no idea how I even got this crap on here to begin with as I don't open crap I shouldn't and I've got NOD32 which has been pretty decent antivirus, but whatever. For whatever reason I've got some riotously annoying scareware on my system and I cannot clean it out of here. It pops up a notice that my computer is infected oh, about every two seconds, and of course any attempt to look at a dialogue window brings up another window to buy whatever worthless program they're hawking.

How the hell do I nuke this shit?

Rathe Maris
May 31st, 2010, 08:29:38 AM
I had that for awhile I pretty much had to reset my computer to an earlier date before I got the virus which oddly wiped it out. It doesn't always work when you do that but when I got s similar virus like I said it did work.

Other then that I don't know.

Callomas Savoc
May 31st, 2010, 08:59:57 AM
Okay I ran some aggressive NOD32 scans and Combofix, which seems to have nuked it. Still, that's freakin bizarre that I got it at all, since NOD32 is usually a beast about this.

Morgan Evanar
May 31st, 2010, 08:38:29 PM
That is really odd that NOD didn't get it. Unfortunately the scareware stuff is quite good these days.

Taataani Meorrrei
May 31st, 2010, 08:43:56 PM
Ironically I noticed this immediately after reading a thread on SA about scareware people being on the lam for pulling shit like this.

I fixed it and everything's good now, but damn!