PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Places You Can't Go

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 20th, 2010, 08:06:12 AM
http://listverse.com/2010/01/06/top-10-places-you-cant-go/

The world is full of secret and exclusive places that we either don’t know about, or simply couldn’t visit if we wanted to. This list takes a look at ten of the most significant places around the world that are closed to the general public or are virtually impossible for the general public to visit.

:shakefist bloody Vatican archives

Blade Bacquin
Feb 20th, 2010, 08:52:06 AM
So out of all of those it's the Vatican archives that angers you? lol

I mean you can pretty much get a list of everything they got to find what you want to see. Unless it's younger then 75 years but you can blame copyright laws and other government laws for that.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 20th, 2010, 08:53:53 AM
Just irritated me because I remember being in the Vatican and thinking, the section of this building that we can't get into is huge :huh

Droo
Feb 20th, 2010, 09:05:23 AM
52 miles of shelving!? Holy Moley! :eek

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 20th, 2010, 12:37:13 PM
Ok so, #1?

I've been there.

:mneh

Maybe I shouldn't admit that on the internets. :uhoh

Carré Inirial
Feb 20th, 2010, 12:56:10 PM
Maybe not the best idea, LD :D

What I wouldn't give to get into the Vatican Archives though...as a history major in college, the thought is just so damn enticing. O_O

Darth Turbogeek
Feb 20th, 2010, 05:51:24 PM
I've got mates that HAVE been in Vatican Archives.

And the reason you cant go in there is that there are some seriously precious AND fragile documents there - the place is properly climate controlled and clean to stop moulds and spores from destroying fragile pages with the appropriate lack of lights. Of course they aint going to let people tramp in there and thence ruin some of the most precious documents known to man. Entirely resonable.

Rossos Atrapes
Feb 20th, 2010, 06:02:14 PM
I've got mates that HAVE been in Vatican Archives.

And the reason you cant go in there is that there are some seriously precious AND fragile documents there - the place is properly climate controlled and clean to stop moulds and spores from destroying fragile pages with the appropriate lack of lights. Of course they aint going to let people tramp in there and thence ruin some of the most precious documents known to man. Entirely resonable.

I wish I had a nickel for every time I told this to people. Most seem to get pissed at me for breaking apart all that Dan Brown shit they like so much; everyone enjoys a good conspiracy theory I suppose. Everyone hates a know-it-all. Sigh.

Captain Untouchable
Feb 20th, 2010, 06:57:39 PM
Y'know... for someone all-powerful and all-knowing, you'd have thought that God would have known to cut his boys a little slack with the whole mould/spores thing. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 20th, 2010, 07:02:09 PM
That's just ridiculous. :p