PDA

View Full Version : The Future of the Collecting Forum

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 16th, 2010, 12:44:56 PM
There have been discussions of merging the Collecting forum with the rest of the forums here on 'Fans. What are your thoughts on this?

Atreyu
Feb 16th, 2010, 04:31:26 PM
Close forum, move all topics. In all this time it's never been a high traffic forum but I think during these last 12 months it's really given up the ghost. :\

(I voted 'no new tag' but I really don't mind other way)

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 16th, 2010, 04:32:39 PM
It was my understanding that most of the collectors / replica prop posters moved to their own forum a while ago?

Atreyu
Feb 16th, 2010, 04:40:53 PM
Collecting and Replica Props were 2 separate things in terms of members (COMPLETELY different - trust me you should have seen the reaction when we tried merging the 2 forums back in 1999 :x :spank ^_^;) - the Proppers never used Collecting much at all.

It's always been a fairly quiet forum, even back in 1999.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 16th, 2010, 04:55:39 PM
The Replica Props people left SW-Fans for their own board when we left Ezboard.

Jedieb was/is one of the main collectors but really the forum isn't needed and should be moved, but I think a new tag is in order, if only for any collecting threads that might be started in its 'new' forum.

I would move them into Gen Discussion, not the Box Office forum.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 16th, 2010, 05:55:10 PM
I say merge them with general discussion, like Holly mentioned. Then renovate the subforum. Some plasmas, a fully stocked bar, and rename it something like The Player's Lounge or Coruscant Sports Bar so we can have a sports forum for all of our sports related threads; of which there are many :)

Anubis Starkiller
Feb 16th, 2010, 06:11:16 PM
Haven't been here for long, but i would suggest moving them elsewhere with a new Collecting tag or something.

Ilias Nytrau
Feb 16th, 2010, 06:17:11 PM
I say merge them with general discussion, like Holly mentioned. Then renovate the subforum. Some plasmas, a fully stocked bar, and rename it something like The Player's Lounge or Coruscant Sports Bar so we can have a sports forum for all of our sports related threads; of which there are many :)

This. This I like. You never see me in the sports threads, but I do so like the idea, very much.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 16th, 2010, 06:17:24 PM
Making a separate Sports forum is... very interesting. :) I kind of like this idea. :D

Lykaios
Feb 16th, 2010, 06:24:01 PM
Sports forum!?!?! O_o

I'd never leave!

Atreyu
Feb 16th, 2010, 06:45:39 PM
Although I'd wonder how much traffic it would get, I still like this idea - no harm at least in trialling it. :)

This idea has given me another thought for a proposal, but this isn't the proper place for it. Follow me to our proper suggestions thread in Ops & News (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20485) for more info.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 17th, 2010, 11:37:02 AM
It's looking like, on the whole, the forum will be merged into other forums with a new topic tag.

In which case, would anyone like to design a Collecting topic tag? ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 18th, 2010, 07:54:01 PM
I'll do it. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/jainhollie/collecting.jpg

I'm not sure how well it turned out. :uhoh

Atreyu
Feb 18th, 2010, 08:37:25 PM
:thumbup :thumbup

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 19th, 2010, 02:04:32 AM
What is that.. in the background of the tag? *squints*

TheHolo.Net
Feb 19th, 2010, 02:21:20 AM
That tag is too hard to read.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 19th, 2010, 03:14:25 PM
Yeah, I thought it was a bit hard to read, but its just my first attempt. Its a bunch of SW figures in the bg, Jenny.

I'll try again in a bit. :uhoh

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/jainhollie/collecting-1.jpg

Reinhart Thul
Feb 20th, 2010, 09:42:55 AM
Much clearer. Pity we can't squeeze some toys or something on it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 20th, 2010, 12:30:18 PM
I know, it just makes it so hard to read.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 20th, 2010, 12:44:58 PM
Added to Mixed Topic Tags set

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 21st, 2010, 11:57:09 AM
I made a few sports tags :) I'll make some more later.

Taataani Meorrrei
Feb 21st, 2010, 12:01:54 PM
A sports forum would be great but I pretty much only care during football season and even when I do, there aren't enough people hatin on me for me to swag on.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 21st, 2010, 12:05:46 PM
I'll start singing Rocky Top if you'd like, and I'll start juicin' up with haterade. JUST FOR YOU :)

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 21st, 2010, 12:14:38 PM
I am thinking the Collecting forum might become the Sports forum :mischief

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 22nd, 2010, 03:17:39 PM
UPDATE: I have started moving the contents of the Collecting forum to various other forums (primarily the Star Wars Amalgam forum.) I haven't updated many of the topic tags, as that would needlessly thread-bump very old threads - but from as you can see, from now on you have the option to use the Collecting topic tag :)

TheHolo.Net
Feb 22nd, 2010, 06:51:53 PM
UPDATE: I have started moving the contents of the Collecting forum to various other forums (primarily the Star Wars Amalgam forum.) I haven't updated many of the topic tags, as that would needlessly thread-bump very old threads - but from as you can see, from now on you have the option to use the Collecting topic tag :)Hint: Thread Tools --> Edit Thread --> Change the tag --> Save Changes --> No thread bump.