PDA

View Full Version : A Case of the Mondays

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 24th, 2010, 12:22:35 PM
The Dauntless had rendezvoused with the Wheel for a short amount of time, bringing supplies and crews for any support that the Jedi convoy might require. It was a periodical task, and one that the Dauntless made nearly exclusively.

For Lok s'Ilancy, it was not the only time she saw those on the Wheel, as she and Saricia often made the trip themselves at least three times a month.

This visit however, she'd rather surprised herself, sending an invitation to Sanis for lunch aboard the Dauntless. It would be just them, with none to interrupt. She was determined that the day would not be sullied by protocol; her morning had already been bogged down in just that, and the Lupine desired an intermission of sorts.

As such, she sat calmly in Dan's office - to be frank it might as well've been hers by now, the amount of time she spent here - ordering datapads and generally tidying up. It would all be undone by afternoon, but she cared little for that; she would simply arrange them all once more.

A look at the chrono in the desk to check the time. Sanis would be landing soon.

Sanis Prent
Jan 24th, 2010, 01:42:12 PM
It was Raiding Day, as we'd come to call it. Dauntless was 'real fleet', and when they came for a rendezvous, we sort of took advantage of the opportunity. Every ship queued up for inventory requests and restocks, and we were determined to get in on it quickly. The moment the ship hit realspace, I was in the Cat with Cirr, and we were already en route. I saw a couple of other shuttles and cargo haulers departing from Valiant at about the same time, and laughed.

"You got your shopping list, Cirr?"

My felinoid first mate hoisted a datapad, tapping it against the side of his head.

"We'rre jin forr those A-wjing nacelles forr surre. jI'm gojing to barrterr a swap-out on ourr jion cannons. jI thjink we can do betterr therre."

I didn't bother to read the list as I was flying us in. I trusted Cirr to share my thoughts about where we needed to be.

"That's good by me. I've got some business on the ship, so make whatever runs you need. I'm sure I'll be out a couple of hours. If you get shit from quartermasters, let me know."

He nodded, and we eased forward into the landing bay, touching down on the skids. The hatchback opened, and I stepped out, helping Cirr ease the repulsor jack he'd brought along to help bring whatever parts he needed that could be carried on the Cat. This trip was mainly to make the bids on parts. Heavier stuff would be hauled out by umbilical into Layla directly.

"Alright, I'm off."

I waved Cirr off as I left the hangar. I had a lunch appointment to keep.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 24th, 2010, 02:16:14 PM
She had left the office and bridge behind, the trek to the hangar bay quiet and uneventful. For her it would be wonderful to see Sanis, though whether he felt the same she could only guess. Perhaps their time spent together over a meal would allow each to fall into old habits; not necessarily the arguing that seemed to inevitably accompany them wherever they went, but the more quiet, peaceful times they'd shared.

She was rounding a corner, the landing bay's blast doors in sight, when they opened, a familiar body leaving the hangar and heading in her direction.

She would know that walk anywhere, and it brought a smile to her face.

Sanis Prent
Jan 24th, 2010, 03:12:41 PM
"So I hear there's a lunch planned and that you're paying?"

I smiled at the Jedi as I approached, hopeful at the very least to put aside the bad blood that we'd built up as of late.

"Been more than a bit, hasn't it Lok?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 25th, 2010, 10:08:24 PM
"It hasn't and you know it... "

She closed the distance between the two, reaching out to give him a warm embrace, and pulling back slightly the Lupine used the moment to inspect his nose. She even ran a gentle thumb over his cheekbone.

s'Il smiled in genuine kindness, her motherly instinct and doting personality manifesting itself wonderfully. Why was it that Sanis always managed to bring that out in her?

"... But you've healed well enough from the last time I saw you."

Sanis Prent
Jan 25th, 2010, 10:14:38 PM
"That was shaping up to be a fun little party until you dropped by."

I smirked at her, which relented into an easy smile.

"I'm surprised Dan let his pride and joy get plucked for glorified delivery duty. Who'd he piss off for that?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 25th, 2010, 10:38:38 PM
An easy smile to match his own, and s'Il fell into a leisurely gait alongside him.

"I couldn't answer that."

An impish grin and a sideways glance. "Perhaps you would like to ask him?"

Sanis Prent
Jan 25th, 2010, 10:58:24 PM
My expression darkened just a little.

"No thanks."

She knew I didn't have any love lost for the Rebel commander, and likely wouldn't push the issue. It was just something we disagreed on.

"Cirr's pretty much monopolized the Cat while he goes to steal whatever isn't bolted down on your boat. That means I'm here for a bit. I've got a few bits of busy work to do, but I'm gonna procrastinate and sort 'em out after lunch."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 26th, 2010, 10:08:54 PM
"Wonderful."

Her voice held that familiar odd tone of amusement that seemed to only be reserved for Sanis, and she folded her hands into the wide sleeves of her robe. The Lupine marveled at the circumstances they now found themselves in, her memories taking her back to those first years the two had known each other. It was such a change, to think of their beginnings on Cathar which led them to this moment in time. She smiled to herself at the thought of it all.

However, they'd not gone five steps before a voice called from behind.

"Captain Prent! Captain Prent!"

Her forward movement stalled, and s'Il partially turned to regard one of the deck lieutenants who was jogging towards them. He held a datapad in hand - this he held out to Sanis while slowing to a stop.

"Captain Prent, we need a list of Layla's manifest from the last two months."

The lieutenant gave a nod to the Jedi before once more holding the 'pad out for Sanis to take.

Sanis Prent
Jan 26th, 2010, 10:12:27 PM
I turned to look at the deck lieutenant with a weary sort of expectation. It begins. So much for procrastination.

"I thought we sided against the Empire to avoid audits like this?"

With a grudging expression, I snatched the datapad from the kid, who like all the idealogues here, stood at attention ready for -

"...dismissed already, scram."

I thumbed through it all.

"Where the hell is Cirr? I don't do this shit."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 29th, 2010, 11:08:42 PM
She was smiling at him, a faraway smile that had taken root in her very first memories of him, and with a thoughtful breath s'Il shook her head. His question needed no answer, as he'd not necessarily desired one. He knew well enough where Cirr was, but the chance to complain - the Lupine turned about so that they could continue on as she chuckled.

"You're starting to sound halfway respectable."

She looped her arm into his.

"I'm at a loss for words."

Sanis Prent
Jan 29th, 2010, 11:14:28 PM
"Eh, don't savor it. When I find that floppy-eared screw-turner, I'm passing this off on him like a hot potato."

We'd gotten down the main hallway adjacent to the hangar when another set of quick-running boots caught our attention and we turned around.

"I think this one's for you."

"Master s'Ilancy, Master s'Ilancy!"

A ginger-haired naval officer rounded the corner, a bit flushed from the hurry.

"General's asking you to work with the command on the Whaladon. They're putting in for inventory, but he said it would be best to run it by you, since you're a Jedi."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 29th, 2010, 11:46:51 PM
With each word spoken her smile evaporated bit by bit. Her ears ticked back almost imperceptibly, and the beginnings of a frown touched her lips. A distinct feeling of irony passed over her as she gave a nod.

"Tell the General that I'll be happy to work with Whaladon command, but that I'll be unavailable for the next two hours."

The officer seemed to take longer than normal to process the last part of what she'd said, and the Lupine inclined her head forward, eyebrows raising. It was enough, and the man gave a quick nod and an even quicker about face. Though his pace as he left was decidedly slower than before.

s'Il watched him for a moment, her mind still playing a sort of catch-up with what exactly she'd just agreed to do. No matter. She had a lunch with Sanis, and her desire to spend time with him soon enough took over her thoughts. She brushed a few strands of hair from her face, once more took his arm, and the two began their trek anew.

She didn't need the Force, or even a sidelong look to tell her he was amused at this turnabout. There was a heavy dose of mirth in her tone.

"Out with it."

Sanis Prent
Jan 29th, 2010, 11:51:30 PM
"Oh I'm just glad I'm not the only one dealing with this shit."

I spoke freely, a relieved smiled on my face as I slapped my datapad against the palm of my hand.

"So is that the sort of thing you do now?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 5th, 2010, 10:02:00 PM
"Not usually."

Once more they fell into step, and for the third time s'Il looped her arm in his as they walked.

"I mostly see to procedural duties; handling day to day ship requests and drudgery of that sort. The worst is having proofread and edit Dan's mission reports. He has horrendous writing and his shorthand is impossible at times to decipher."

They rounded a corner.

"Sometimes I think- "

An ensign, walking the opposite way, paused in his stride, his eyes going alight in recognition. He smiled a wide, pitying smile while giving a salute.

"Captain Prent! Just the man I was on my way to meet."

A second datapad was extended out to Sanis.

"Need a detailed listing of your mission logs during all scouting missions for the last five weeks. Logistic's orders, sir."

Sanis Prent
Feb 5th, 2010, 10:06:15 PM
"We submitted all that last week!"

I looked incredulously at the pad, wincing.

"Alright, thanks. Dismissed."

Okay, so I was getting a stack then. Suddenly I wasn't sure how comfortable I was tethering up to Big Navy. The Ensign, for his sake, got the hell out of my way.

"Damn it, this is half the reason I think the Alliance is for the mynocks."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 5th, 2010, 10:16:01 PM
"Oh it's not that bad."

She patted the top of his hand.

"We all have to become respectable at some point. You should've seen us before; twenty years ago we were nothing but trench-pounding planet-hoppers with no real way to gather for offensives."

Her eye took on a far away look as she let her memories take her to the Rebellion's younger years.

"Slogging about in barely spaceworthy shuttles, dirty, tired, always hungry. It was always nice when we attacked city-garrisons. They had hotels. Most comfortable barracks to have."

Sanis Prent
Feb 5th, 2010, 10:20:09 PM
"See, that sort of outfit I could identify with. I grew up VRT, remember?"

We continued onward, eventually crossing paths with a man in what I knew to be Jedi robes.

"Loklorien s'Ilancy? I am Varger Til, a padawan on the convoy. I wonder if I might have a bit of your time?"

Typical Jedi, so aloof and wrapped up in their own shit that they don't even see me standing right here.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 5th, 2010, 10:34:28 PM
Somehow she'd managed to keep her hold on Sanis, and the Lupine gave a smile, inclining her head to the padawan.

"I'm afraid you've caught me at an inconvenient time, Padawn. Perhaps later."

Sanis Prent
Feb 5th, 2010, 10:36:09 PM
I watched the Padawan creep by, and he certainly recognized the eyes I had on him. I'm glad he did. I wanted him to see me, seeing him, getting the hell out of my way.

"Teacher, teacher..." I mocked, sighing.

"Come on, let's get some food before the cook comes and asks us how to sling hash."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 6th, 2010, 01:29:29 PM
She groaned at his teasing.

"I miss being alone on Cathar I must admit. As much peace and quiet as I wanted, with none but you to damage my calm."

She paused in thought.

"Though I must admit you did enough damaging to make up for ten men."

A sideways smile, and she leaned over to give him a gentle kiss on the cheek.

"... but it never bothered- "

"Captain Prent!"

The voice came from behind, and they turned to look at the dour faced deck officer, his close-cropped black hair and narrow eyes only gave him a rather severe image. His no-nonsense voice certainly helped as well.

"General politely requests that while you are here, you... fix... the issue of the rust on your ship."

Which was the nice way of saying that the request was really an order.

Sanis Prent
Feb 6th, 2010, 01:33:52 PM
I didn't say anything to that, other than

"Did he?"

Jawline taut, I looked to s'Il, then back to the deck chief.

"Alright, I'll get my man on that one."

I was trying to count up the hours that work order would take, stacked against the hours I had to get anything else done. Inside, I was fuming. The General's hatchet man took my affirmative response and continued on.

"Let's get this over with before somebody asks me to itemize every damn stem bolt on my ship."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 6th, 2010, 01:48:09 PM
She'd caught the look Sanis had sent her way, and remained quiet on the matter until the deck chief had gone.

"I had nothing to do with that," she started adamantly, which was soon followed by a mystified observation.

"I didn't even think he'd remember seeing it on there."

Sanis Prent
Feb 6th, 2010, 02:03:54 PM
"It's always been a part of the plan. People count you down and out if they see rust on the hull, and then you can surprise 'em."

I shook my head.

"Damn it."

We continued onward to the mess hall, which admittedly was far nicer than the one we had on the Valiant. They probably even had real food in this one.

"Master s'Ilancy, there is a meeting of the Jedi this evening aboard the Whaladon, and I was asked to petition you to speak to the audience."

Another padawan hanger-on appeared out of nowhere with a datapad.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 6th, 2010, 02:14:41 PM
With a bit of a resigned expression, s'Il took the datapad.

She didn't even read over its' contents; instead she sighed, gave a nod, and reached out to tiredly pat the padawan on his shoulder.

"I'll be there."

It seemed her day was quickly becoming filled with procedural goings on; a thing that she was hoping to avoid this day. Or at least minimize. She'd spent her morning in the drudgery of such, and it looking as though her afternoon would be spent in much the same manner.

She dismissed the padawan with a nod.

"Removing rust from a starship would be welcomed over this," she grumbled.

Sanis Prent
Feb 6th, 2010, 02:22:32 PM
"Lemme see if I can bullshit enough."

I cleared my throat for emphasis as I looked over the datapad.

"Welcome and greetings to The Wheel, your home for an indefinite spell as we make sure you're not horribly killed or hit with a rock like folks normally do with Jedi."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 6th, 2010, 02:30:24 PM
s'Il rolled her eyes, her head angling away from Sanis as she let a laugh escape her lips.

"Not exactly," she managed with a chuckle.

Her hold on him tightened, and she gave his hand a squeeze.

"But I suppose it's the thought that counts."

Sanis Prent
Feb 6th, 2010, 02:33:00 PM
We finally found a table at the galley, and relieved, I took my seat across from s'Il. I looked at my stack of busy work with a bewildered expression as a waitron droid approached us.

"What'll it be, lady and gent?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 21st, 2010, 07:48:10 PM
s'Il was quick to order drinks for them both.

"Ithorian White Label. Two. On the rocks."

The droid trundled off, and with a sheepish look to Sanis, she rested her own small stack of task-laden datapads on the table next to his.

"I'll talk to Dan. In the meantime, I hope that Ithorian bourbon helps make things a little easier to swallow."

Sanis Prent
Feb 21st, 2010, 07:57:29 PM
"Ithorian, huh? Been a long time in between."

I thought about the whole debacle as the droid returned with drinks.

"Don't worry about it. I don't mind the paint. A few man hours and a pain in the ass, but as long as they aren't asking me to paint to regs, whatever."

I had a feeling that sort of task I'd have to pitch in on. The idea of Cirr painting the ship by himself, well, he'd hang me off the starboard wing upside down.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 26th, 2010, 07:09:48 PM
"Well. I can at least make sure that it does not get to that point."

She brushed a hand across the tabletop in idle motion, careful to avoid the small collection of datapads.

"So. I hear that you're a Rogue. Was your little mess-hall fight your initiation routine?"

Sanis Prent
Feb 26th, 2010, 08:00:10 PM
I wasn't going to let that little barb catch me.

"Just didn't like the angle of the rest of those farm-hands and figured I'd put myself out there."

I didn't have any regrets, other than catching the suckerpunch that finally punched my ticket. I was good to lay into another two or three of 'em.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 26th, 2010, 08:10:17 PM
That made her smile, and she gave a small chuckle as the server droid returned with their drinks.

"You have a way with people that I doubt I'll ever understand."

Sanis Prent
Feb 26th, 2010, 11:47:36 PM
Taking up my whisky, I tilted the glass from side to side, letting it ride as a bit of the ice melted.

"Product of my environment, I guess. You forget I used to be a con artist of some sort."

I smirked a little.

"I'll have those rubes eating out of my hand in a month."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 26th, 2010, 11:52:19 PM
"So confident," she mused.

Her own drink was not given as much attention as his, as she lifted it to her lips for a sip.

"I trust that you'll be on somewhat better behavior with my student."

Not a warning, but an observation. Aware that he'd been spending time with Saricia, she didn't disapprove, but she was cautious none-the-less.

Sanis Prent
Feb 26th, 2010, 11:55:52 PM
My demeanor brightened at that.

"Yeah, about that."

Finally, I waited long enough. I tilted my whisky back for a tentative sip. Just about right.

"Saricia's more than likely going to be asking you about some crazy idea regarding taking a few days furlough with me onboard Layla. I think you should encourage her."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 26th, 2010, 11:59:55 PM
"I should?"

Her drink was set down as she gave him her undivided attention; more so than before.

"And why is that?"

Sanis Prent
Feb 27th, 2010, 12:05:28 AM
"It would do her good to experience some of the sights around the galaxy, I think."

I laid up the boyscout answer breezily, knowing full well she knew me better than that.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 27th, 2010, 12:16:17 AM
A raised eyebrow.

"Is that all."

There were few times when he could slip much by her, and now was no different. To her, he was as transparent as glass. A hrm, and she sipped once more at her drink.

"If that is the case, perhaps I might join you two. It's been a while since I've been able to spend a day or so with nothing to do... "

Sanis Prent
Feb 27th, 2010, 12:37:51 AM
"Well, y'see, I'm pretty sure I'll be having to carry more than a bit of cargo to a few spots in between, and I don't know if I'll have room for another passenger."

The edges of my mouth barely turned up in a smile, that I hid behind my glass as I took another drink, incrementally more mellow now.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 27th, 2010, 12:42:57 AM
Now both eyebrows rose.

Of course, it wasn't out of any surprise to his reaction; she'd expected him to feed her an excuse much like what he just said.

Leaning back, s'Il rested both hands on the table, palms down.

"Shame.

"I trust that you'll behave yourself then."

Sanis Prent
Feb 27th, 2010, 12:46:58 AM
My smile emerged fully at that.

"You say that like I'm not a complete gentleman. Don't worry. Miss Ask'lan will have a nice, safe, educational tour of the galaxy."

I swirled my whisky again and took another drink, crunching on a bit of ice as I swallowed.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 27th, 2010, 12:50:43 AM
A wince.

"It's that 'educational' bit I'm worried about."

Sanis Prent
Feb 27th, 2010, 12:56:57 AM
"Don't be. She's every bit the paragon of grace and virtue that you were when we first met."

I smirked a bit as I took another drink.

"She's a big girl, she can handle herself."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 6th, 2010, 11:04:16 AM
Paragon of grace and virtue? She gave him a funny look at that, her drink held halfway to her mouth in a thoughtful pause.

"I was hardly the paragon of anything when you and I met," she finally replied before continuing to take a sip, then smiled.

"And I have no doubts that she can 'handle herself', as you say, but I still reserve the right to be concerned."

Sanis Prent
Mar 17th, 2010, 01:08:49 AM
I gave an easy, carefree smile.

"Relax, it's me!"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 18th, 2010, 11:36:52 PM
For the briefest of moments she considered reaching across the table to slap him upside the head, but thought the better of it. Instead, the Lupine gave him a stern look as she set down her glass.

"Just keep it in your pants. Can you do that?"

Sanis Prent
Mar 18th, 2010, 11:46:43 PM
I gave her a strange expression.

"She's not your kid, Lok. Are you really giving me this talk?"

With another drink, I grimaced.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:07:45 AM
"She is of the same Bloodline, and yes. I am giving you this talk."

Absently, she began toying with one of her datapads, an odd look of her own falling over her features.

Anything else that she might've wished to say was put to the wayside however, as a grease-stained deck crewer suddenly appeared at their table.

"Cap'n Prent Sir," he gave a hurried salute, and not waiting for Sanis to return the same, went on.

"Gen'ral wants all your navcom data compiled and turned into 'im sharpish-like... "

There was a pause, as the man bit his lower lip, unsure it seemed as how to proceed with his next bit of wording.

"... also says if you don't paint over the... well... "

A hurried, and very much nervous look was sent to the Jedi, then quickly snapped back to Sanis, stammering for a minute before stopping, breathing in deeply, and finishing.

"... says to paint over it or he'll crack yer skull open. Sir."

Sanis Prent
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:14:15 AM
I eased my drink down, looking up at the subordinate with a mixture of amusement and annoyance.

"I'll send the General my nav's."

I smirked a bit, looking back at my whisky, glancing up at s'Il before returning to the lackey.

"I take it the latter's more of a request than an order. Nevermind, I'm not going to sort that shit out by courier."

Thinking a moment, I swirled my drink a little.

"Tell him I heard what he said. Go on, beat it."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:21:20 AM
As the deck hand retreated, casting one last glance to s'Il, the Lupine turned her more than confused eye to Sanis. Gone now were all thoughts of their previous conversation. Instead, the possibility of Dan physically... doing anything... against Sanis was mind-boggling.

Unless of course, Sanis had done something to deserve it. In an instant her eyes narrowed; certainly not out of malice, but more out of exasperation.

"What have you done now."

Sanis Prent
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:26:27 AM
"Nothing drastic"

I chewed on a piece of ice with a small grin on my face.

"A little non-regulation paint work. Hardly anything to raise a fuss."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:32:20 AM
"Well its' obviously something."

She didn't believe him for a nanosecond, and after another few moments of staring at him, the Lupine began to get up from her seat, determination set on her features. Her drink was forgotten, as was their lunch.

"I'm going to ask Dan."

Sanis Prent
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:39:39 AM
"Go look if it bothers you that much."

Flippantly, I dismissed her threat. If she was really that hip-bound to that white knight jackass, I had nothing else to say about it. I put the paint on when I was mad, and honestly, I still was to a degree.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:07:19 AM
Standing, she looked down at him. His brash invitation and the tone he'd used was not lost on her, and the Lupine pursed her lips. Yes, perhaps she should simply see what it was that had caused such a reaction in Dan.

"Very well."

Reaching down, s'Il took her drink from the table and upended the rest of its' contents. Now empty, she set the glass back down with a bit more force than normal. In another motion she scooped up her datapads, tucking them beneath an arm before turning on her heel and heading for the doors at a brisk pace.

Sanis Prent
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:17:21 AM
I stayed and finished my drink. Wasn't any point in being there when she saw it. Yeah it would piss her off. I think if I left for Coruscant I'd hear about it eventually.

Cirr was on deck doing maintenance. She wouldn't yell at him, so it was better that he handled it.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:22:33 AM
On the flight deck...

Cirr eased along the repulsor-jack, loaded with the power packs for a pair of ion cannons they were looking to retrofit on the ship. Considering how easy it had been to score his wish list, he was very much in high spirits, even whistling and, on occasion, singing to himself as he trundled along.

"Lu Lu Lu, you've got some apples, Lu Lu Lu, jI've got some too..."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:07:08 PM
The return trip to the flight deck was made in a fairly short amount of time, and s'Il found herself wondering the entire way what it was that Sanis had done. From what the deck crewman had said, it had to do with paint. What in the world did he do?!

The large, arching doorway and its' blast doors leading to the flight deck yawned open, and the Lupine strode out across expanse that would lead her to the Cat. A few of the maintenance crews littering the area stopped what they were doing, their stares directed toward the Jedi now walking through their domain. She stared back, her face a mask of confusion.

But, her goal was not forgotten, and s'Il pressed onward. She spied Cirr, and instantly veered off into his direction.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:13:39 PM
Cirr paused on his way back to the Cat, turned, and smiled at s'Il, waving in her direction.

"Hji Lok!"

He took time to wring his hands around a dirty work cloth, wiping them clean as best he could.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:23:55 PM
She didn't return the wave, but she did offer a smile at him as she approached. It was easy to see that he'd had a rather prosperous trip this go-round, as evidenced by what the repulsor-jack now carried.

"O'leh'o," she slowed to a stop at his side, calling him by the pet name that Teagan had so affectionately given him long ago.

"What's he done now?"

It was an honest to goodness request, not an order. Her inflection was one of weariness; a weariness that she knew Cirr would share in.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Mar 19th, 2010, 12:29:11 PM
"What do you mean?"

He paused with a little confusion on his face, which slowly transformed to realization, as his ears lowered a bit."

"Oh. The nose arrt."

Cirr stared at his feet for a moment, wishing he could disappear.

"Wasn't my jidea. Last tjime we got hangarr tjime, he pajid one of the techjies to do jit."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:30:41 PM
Nose art?

A confounded stare, and s'Il shook her head.

"I don't under- "

She froze mid-sentence then, a strange look crossing her face as her eye took on a far away look, her gaze becoming unfocused as she stared past Cirr's shoulder.

"Nose art... of what... ?"

Cirrsseeto Quez
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:35:46 PM
Cirr sighed. Why was it his job to talk about this, anyway?

"Of you."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:43:29 PM
"Of... me."

She digested this with a fair amount of thought, not saying a word for more than a few abnormally long moments. And when she did speak up once more, it was with a healthy amount of resignation while reaching up to rub at her temples, hoping to alleviate the beginning headache she could already feel.

"Do I want to see it?"

Cirrsseeto Quez
Mar 20th, 2010, 12:02:38 AM
Cirr shook his head a little.

"Prrobably not. jI mean, jit's not to scale exactly orr anythjing."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 20th, 2010, 12:21:50 AM
A look from over the tops of her eyes, and s'Il let out a long sigh. She knew he was trying to be as diplomatic as possible about this, which was admirable, seeing as how Sanis had a knack for making such things increasingly difficult.

"I think you'd better show me."

Cirrsseeto Quez
Mar 20th, 2010, 12:23:55 AM
Cirr jerked a thumb to his pallet he was pushing.

"Mjind jif jI get thjis onboarrd the Cat fjirrst? Won't take but a mjinute orr two."

He was dreading that flight back over, all of a sudden.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 20th, 2010, 12:48:55 AM
A nod of her head.

"Of course. Take the time you need."

A quick look about revealed that many were still staring their way, and suddenly self-conscious, the Lupine bit her lip as the two started off slowly towards the Cat.

"But don't take too long, please."

Cirrsseeto Quez
Mar 20th, 2010, 12:52:07 AM
Cirr pushed along the pallet, and carefully eased it aboard the shuttle. Securing the payload, he let the repulsors gently lower to the ground so the equipment rested firmly at the base of the ship. A few more tweaks, and he leaned out the back hatch.

"Rready when you arre."

He didn't wait up, and rather pushed forward to the pilot's seat to begin the warm-ups. By the time she was aboard, he'd sealed the hatch and was kicking up the repulsors on the ship, pushing out of the atmospheric shielding into space.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 20th, 2010, 12:57:42 AM
Being back on the Cat brought back many fond memories, and as s'Il eased herself into the co-pilot's seat, she closed her eyes. It felt like only yesterday that she and Teagan had called this small shuttle home, and as the blackness of space filled the viewport, the Lupine - despite the nature of this trip - couldn't help but smile. Being here brought back so many fond remembrances.

She leaned forward a small bit, eye peeled to catch sight of Layla.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Mar 20th, 2010, 01:03:04 AM
Cirr, with a grim expression on his face, eased the shuttle on a skewed approach to Layla, closing in and dropping speed to bring the Cat.

The fore-starboard hull was now plainly visible, as was the stylized topless woman straddling a concussion missile.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 20th, 2010, 01:10:11 AM
Her breath caught in her throat, s'Il brought a hand to her mouth as she stared at... at...

She was speechless. Utterly and completely. She blinked, as if doing so would erase what she was now seeing. It was more than apparent who this woman was; the scar plainly visible. And the closer they drew to Layla, the more discernible the features became. Yes, it was definitely her. Whoever the artist was had done a remarkably good job at recreating her likeness. As for the rest of her...

"Gods... "

Her hand moved to her chest, and s'Il licked her lips as she tried to stutter something... anything... out.

Eventually her eyes closed.

"That's what he thinks I look like... ?" she finally managed.

In some weird way that she was unable to describe, she found herself rather quite flattered.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Mar 20th, 2010, 01:27:15 AM
"jI thjink he took a few, err, ljiberrtjies."

The size of the painting's chest was, to be sure, a delightful exaggeration. To get by standards on decency, the nipples had pasties with the alliance emblem on them.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 20th, 2010, 10:10:26 AM
She was still in a state of near-mortified awe.

"... I think so, yes."

Leaning back in her seat, the Lupine took a deep breath, blinking a few times.

"It's... charming I suppose. In its' own Sanis type of way."

A sideways look to Cirr.

"What possessed him to do this?"

Cirrsseeto Quez
Mar 20th, 2010, 09:56:04 PM
"jI thjink he's stjill mad about the fjight you two had."

Cirr leaned back in his seat and looked over to s'Il.

"He's trryjing to deal wjith ourr new ljife jin hjis own way, jI guess. jIt's a bjig change forr us, you know."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 20th, 2010, 11:05:36 PM
It was mesmerizing.

"I understand that. Though I would never in a million years think that he'd do anything like this."

s'Il idly rubbed her thumb and forefinger together, unsure of what else to say other than "The artist he paid is very talented."

And the more she thought about it, the more the Lupine found herself unable to be angry at Sanis. She'd known him for so long, knew his attitudes and moods, and could read him better than anyone - except for maybe Cirr.

Propping her chin in her hand, she looked at the painting.

"I... rather like it."

Cirrsseeto Quez
Mar 20th, 2010, 11:14:06 PM
Cirr gave her an expression that looked utterly dumbfounded.

"The morre jI'm arround you, jI thjink the less jI seem to underrstand."

He scratched at his goatee as he contemplated it.

"So, he puts a busty, topless rrendjitjion of you on the shjip, thjinkjing that'll do you one, and...you ljike it?

Sometjimes jI thjink jI'd have an easjierr tjime underrstandjing women back home."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 20th, 2010, 11:26:54 PM
"Well I... "

She sat up straighter, gesturing to the sight before them with open arms.

"It's a bit flattering in its' own way I suppose.

"I may not be... so well proportioned, but still."

Another long stare at it, and she let out a long sigh.

"Dan wants it painted over, but I don't think it should be."

And as if to further justify her thoughts, she went on.

"I mean, how many Jedi can say they're painted on a ship?"

Sanis Prent
Mar 20th, 2010, 11:31:00 PM
please delete this post

Cirrsseeto Quez
Mar 20th, 2010, 11:33:14 PM
Cirr shook his head.

"jI've neverr hearrd of jit. Ejitherr way..."

He looked back to her with a lopsided smile.

"Sjince jit's yourr ljikeness, jI'd thjink that would be up to you. And to be honest, jI can't thjink of anybody betterr to brrjing us good luck."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 20th, 2010, 11:43:45 PM
She reached over to give a pat to his arm.

"Always such a sweetheart, O'leh'o."

One last look to the painting.

"I'll tell Dan to drop the matter."

Sanis Prent
Mar 20th, 2010, 11:55:06 PM
I'd finished my drink, settled the tab (even s'Il's part of it) and headed back to the landing bay. Along the way, I punched the comm.

"Hey Cirr, when you've got a spare ten minutes, swing the Cat back to Valiant."

With a reluctant affirmative, I figured I had a good fifteen or so to wait, so I took a little time getting to the bay. Of course, I wasn't counting on finding somebody else waiting on the shuttle too.

"Shit."

General Dan
Mar 21st, 2010, 12:09:44 AM
"That about sums it up, yeah."

Dan turned and glowered at the familiar voice.

"I think it's pretty obvious neither of us care for each other very much, but you can make it a little easier without putting that lewd dreck up there for everybody to see."

Cirrsseeto Quez
Mar 21st, 2010, 12:15:21 AM
Cirr sighed, visibly relieved.

"Well, that went a lot betterr than jI was expectjing."

He banked the shuttle around, this time, intending to dock with Layla.

"Alrrjight, a brrjief offload to the shuttle bay serrvjice elevatorr, and we'll be back arround agajin."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 21st, 2010, 12:19:55 AM
She gave him a smile, settling herself in her seat. It had been some time since she'd last helped Cirr with any of his tasks - Teagan usually jumped at the prospect however. It brought a smile to the Jedi's face, and she closed her eyes.

Her next words surprised even herself.

"I rather miss being aboard Layla. It's been such a long time, but it feels like only yesterday that we left Cathar."

Sanis Prent
Mar 21st, 2010, 12:42:25 AM
"You could say 'please'."

At least he'd manned up enough to not make an order of it.

"But to be honest, I kind of like it on there. Really ties the whole scheme together."

General Dan
Mar 21st, 2010, 12:45:11 AM
Dan stepped to the scoundrel, the annoyed look on his face darkening further.

"I could pull rank, you know. Make this official. I'm not, because I know what kind of shitbag you are, Prent. You've got no ties here. You'd pull up stakes, and for as little as I think of you as a person, you know how to fly and how to fight.

So let me be clear, off the record. Take it off."

Sanis Prent
Mar 21st, 2010, 12:46:29 AM
"Off the record, go fuck yourself."

I moved to walk past him. I was tired of his passive-aggressive games.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 21st, 2010, 01:21:53 AM
It hadn't taken long to unload Cirr's acquired 'treasures'. s'Il could tell as they worked, that the hulking Cizerack counted himself as one of the luckiest mechanics in the fleet to have gotten what he did, and it made her happy for him. As well, his relief at her decision to allow the painting to stay was more than evident. It seemed to give him a bit of a lighter step, and his good spirits were infectious.

She bantered playfully with him as they worked, her little-used Cizeri more than rusty, but he wasn't above helping her pronunciations and sentence structuring, and the Lupine gladly accepted the assistance. What little she'd known had been picked up piece-meal over so many years that spanned more than two decades, but it was still woefully little. She knew the proper, respectful ways of speaking; not the more casual chit-chat that Cirr most often used.

And so they worked side by side, the Jedi having left her robes aboard the Cat so that she could move more freely and keep up with her burly companion.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Mar 21st, 2010, 02:07:52 AM
"Na'teechi ya yaarrai meeia."

Cirr spoke his mother tongue carefully, enunciating for s'Il's benefit as they walked the hover pallet toward the freight lift that descended to the lower hold and engine-room access. He told her there was room for the equipment, but not for them. They'd push the button to send it down, and could go down the stairs to off-load it later.

He was starting to feel the nostalgia that Lok referenced. Had it really been so long since she was aboard?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 21st, 2010, 02:13:51 AM
At his words, s'Il gave a playful grin, reaching over to give an affectionate pat to his midsection.

<"You've been eating largely lately - perhaps that's why we can be having a difficult time fitting in the elevator.">

Her grasp was improving, but it still left a lot to be desired.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Mar 21st, 2010, 02:24:21 AM
Cirr also reached down, pressing a hand against a slowly-emerging belly. He made a surprised face.

"Cheei! Ai' nanaa preehaani te' jaalo."

He sucked in a bit, drawing up into a flex. Muscles that were always visible cut that much more of a series of lines on his frame. He felt a little self conscious about the pounds, but something about living on a starship seemed to make it inevitable to a degree.

Suddenly remembering himself, he looked back to the Cat.

"Oh, almost forrgot. Gotta head back to Dauntless to get Sanjis. Don't worry about the payload, jI'll get that laterr. You comjing?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 21st, 2010, 02:32:33 AM
A grin, and she moved her hand from his midriff to the small of his back, giving a light push to indicate that he lead the way.

"Of course."

She followed him into the Cat, running her fingertips along the inner bulkheads on her way to the forward section and her seat.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Mar 21st, 2010, 02:38:17 AM
It was repetitive motion, but Cirr had them back on course, heading back to Dauntless. Not a bad end to the day. A full complement of wish-list parts, catching up with Lok, and no real drama to speak of. Cirr's expression carried a smile as they cleared the atmospheric field heading into the hangar bay...

...and suddenly disappeared when he saw what looked like a ring of deck-hands circled around two people pummeling the hell out of each other.

"jIs that..."

As the landing struts touched down, he already knew.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 21st, 2010, 03:09:11 AM
Even before the Cat touched down s'Il shot out of her seat, standing rooted to the decking as she leaned on the console to get a better view. She was mindful enough at least to not touch any of the controls, but the bulk of her attention was on the crowd gathered, and the two individuals currently laying blows to one another.

"That's not... that can't be... can it... ?"

A disbelieving look was sent to Cirr as soon as she felt the small shuttle hit the Dauntless' deck. He shared her expression, and the two stared at one another for a few seconds before Cirr too bolted up, and both very nearly scrambled over one other towards the entrance hatch.

Sanis Prent
Mar 21st, 2010, 12:37:26 PM
I wrangled Dan to the ground in a headlock, putting my knee into the small of his back so I could separate myself far enough to drive a few jabs into his kidneys. The old man had some moves in him, and squirmed around on the ground far enough to drive a knee to my midsection, knocking me off as we both recovered.

By this point in time, we were both pretty banged up. I'd bloodied his nose, and he'd cut me above my right eye. We both seemed to pause a bit as the Black Cat returned from another trip.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 21st, 2010, 01:37:51 PM
Both s'Il and Cirr hit the deck running, the smaller Lupine keeping pace with the Cizerack as they drew closer to the ring of deckhands. For her, the view was obscured by taller bodies, but Cirr made quick work of parting those around them until they stood at the inside periphery of the circle of onlookers.

It was truly a sight to behold, and s'Il found herself too shocked to do anything but stare. Normally she would have instantly stepped in to stop this madness, but something stayed her hand. Unlike the altercation in the Valiant's mess hall, she had a feeling that this particular fight had been a long time coming.

General Dan
Mar 21st, 2010, 01:48:48 PM
Dan wiped his bleeding nose, and came back again at Sanis, nearly succeeding in landing a haymaker before being separated at the last moment.

"Get off my ship, Prent!"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 21st, 2010, 02:02:39 PM
Thankfully however, the decision to separate the two was made for her, and as both were pulled away from each other, s'Il moved away from the rest of the crowd to stand between them. She looked to Sanis, then to Dan, her face screwing up into a stern mask. A hand was placed on Dan's chest, and she helped to further put distance between him and Sanis.

She knew that Cirr would attend to the younger man, and so her attentions turned more to the General.

"Come on," she tried to unsuccessfully smooth over his anger, continuing to push against him. His insistence at returning to finish his fight was unmistakable.

"... calm yourself."

Cirrsseeto Quez
Mar 21st, 2010, 02:11:32 PM
Cirr swarmed Sanis, pushing him back nearly to the fringe of onlookers. His ears switched back in pure shock and annoyance as he looked to his friend incredulously.

"What arre you thjinkjing, man? Arre you mental? Throwjing bows wjith the Generral? He ajin't exactly a gaggle of Rrogues, now, jis he?"

Sanis tried to push back against the separation, but Cirr got a handful of his jacket and fixed him to the spot.

"Don't."

General Dan
Mar 21st, 2010, 02:14:10 PM
"You're smuggler trash, Prent! You'll never be anything more than that!"

He at least stopped his forward movement at s'Il's insistence, instead looking past her with anger written across every inch of his expression.

Sanis Prent
Mar 21st, 2010, 02:16:07 PM
"Get your hands off me, Cirr."

I looked up at him, my jaw set firmly.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 21st, 2010, 02:32:27 PM
The Jedi knew exactly what had spurred this, and satisfied that Dan would stay where he was, she spun on her heel and closed the distance between herself and Sanis.

Like Cirr, there was annoyance stretching her mouth into a frown. The Lupine came to a stop inches from him, and the two stood toe to toe.

"Sanis, I can only help you to a certain point, but this -" an arm went out, gesturing at the blood on the deck and Dan's currently enraged glare, " - is coming dangerously close to that point."

Sanis Prent
Mar 21st, 2010, 02:37:53 PM
I looked at her, looked at Cirr, and backed off until the felinoid let go of my shirt, and instead afforded me some distance.

"You want us to come together and be one happy family? That how you want it? I've got nothing to say to him."

I dabbed my gash gingerly, rubbing some fresh blood between two fingers.

"Party's getting stale anyways."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 21st, 2010, 02:43:24 PM
Her frown deepened.

"Of course that's not what I want, but I would expect a small amount of decency to be exercised."

She stopped talking then, stepped back, and looked up to Cirr.

"You tell him."

And turning on her heel, she headed back to Dan.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Mar 21st, 2010, 02:59:44 PM
Cirr's expression took on a softer look.

"She don't carre about the arrt, man. Pojint jin fact, she ljikes jit."

He shrugged a bit and shook his head.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 21st, 2010, 03:06:51 PM
Dan looked a sight; fuming, bleeding from his nose, and as she got closer it was easy to see that he'd have a decent shiner. There was no telling how many more bruises would begin to make themselves known across the rest of his body. She pursed her lips, and reaching out the Lupine tried to prod him back a few more steps, hoping to use her momentum to turn him about with her.

"Come on. Let's go home," she urged quietly, adding "... I'll fix you up."

General Dan
Mar 21st, 2010, 03:36:29 PM
Dan took steps with s'Il to disengage himself from the brawl, eyeing Prent the whole way.

"He ought to be drummed out of the Alliance, what a damn thug."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 21st, 2010, 03:49:27 PM
Ignoring the comment, s'Il concerned herself with making sure the both of them made it off the flight deck without any other spark re-igniting the fire that had just been put out.

She tried to shush him, one hand on his arm and the other on his shoulder. His uniform jacket had come unbuttoned, and spots of blood stained the once crisp and clean fabric.

"Let it go."

Sanis Prent
Mar 21st, 2010, 04:20:59 PM
I let Cirr lead me back to the shuttle. I had nothing else to do here. Point in fact, it seemed like a bad idea all around coming in the first place.

"Let's go. I'm tired of all this static."

Dabbing my gashed head with my sleeve, I boarded the Cat. I looked back, catching Lok's eye as I prepared to leave.

With a mock salute, I shook my head, and boarded the craft.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 21st, 2010, 04:27:59 PM
A tired smile was her farewell to him as she and Dan passed through the blast doors. It was a smile however that, even despite the distance between them, conveyed a degree of amusement. Yes, she'd been flattered by his recently added artwork.

"But, his feigned salute and her smile only lasted until the blast doors closed, separating their line of sight.

With a long, drawn out sigh, s'Il stopped to inspect Dan more closely, her lips falling from their upturned corners into a concerned scowl. Her hands reached up to wipe wild grey hair from his eyes and face.

She stared at him, her look only deepening as she wiped at his bloody nose with the edge of her robe's sleeve like an ever-attentive mother.

"You're much too old to be picking fights with Sanis Prent."

General Dan
Mar 21st, 2010, 04:33:43 PM
"I can take care of myself."

Dan shot back, at bad timing, as a particularly forceful wipe at his nose elicited a grimace.

"How you can abide that scoundrel, I'll never know. Did you see what he did?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 21st, 2010, 04:55:29 PM
"I did."

Beyond that she said nothing more for a few moments, wiping at the remainder of the blood on his cheek while brushing the front of his uniform. Whether his anger at Sanis' actions was an act or not, s'Il took from it a sense of satisfaction regardless, and the two once more set off down the corridor.

"You can't honestly tell me that you never did anything stupid for a woman."

Sanis Prent
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:23:04 PM
delete this post thank you

General Dan
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:24:16 PM
"Is that what this is all about?"

He arched an eyebrow at her. It wouldn't surprise one bit him that Sanis had designs on Lok, but this was the first time she'd admitted it.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:33:13 PM
"According to Cirr, he's angry about the last fight we had. Which I suppose makes sense. Still, it is rather flattering even if I'm not quite as... gifted... as what was painted."

A coy smile, and the Lupine looped her arm in his as they walked.

"Let it go, and rest easy in the knowledge that you sleep with the real thing every night."

Reaching up and over, s'Il buttoned up some of the upper clasps of his tunic that'd come loose in the fight.

"Besides. It's Monday, and you have almost an entire week to look forward to of walking about with a rather impressive black eye."

General Dan
Mar 21st, 2010, 05:35:43 PM
Dan groaned.

"Great. Nothing like a shiner to start the week off right."

He put an arm around her shoulder.

"I still don't get you. You're a lot more forgiving about this than you ought to be."