PDA

View Full Version : One Monday Evening (Saricia)

Sanis Prent
Jan 17th, 2010, 10:45:09 PM
I'd planned it out nicely. We were idle cruising and repair work on Layla had been wrapped up. It was a nice and uneventful day. I cleaned top to bottom, and even picked up decent foodstuffs from Valiant's commissary for dinner. A quick sonic shower and a shave, and I was ready for the night.

And I knew just who I wanted to spend it with.

I gave Cirr a credit stipend to blow in the Valiant's mess on drinks and assumed he'd go chase Master Chief Kochanski's skirt again since she was an easy target. I didn't really care, I just wanted him off the ship. With him gone, I was free to spend my evening the way I wanted.

I punched in the comm frequency for Saricia, and waited on the bridge, reclined a bit in my captain's chair.

Saricia Ask'lan
Jan 20th, 2010, 07:17:38 PM
The chime of the comm unit instantly broke Saricia's awareness into the here and now. Meditations were difficult at best, having done nothing of the sort, it was easy for her Lupine mind, overwhelmed by senses, to be distracted.

Unfolding her legs, she rose to stand and made her way over to the computer inside her quarters - which were still quite sterile and undecorated. Accepting the transmission, Saricia already had a wry smirk upon her face when Sanis' face appeared.

"Good evening, Sanis. What do I owe the unexpected call?"

Sanis Prent
Jan 20th, 2010, 08:24:30 PM
"Well, it's a slow night. We're not being attacked for once, Cirr finished repairs and is on the Valiant, and I even managed to do a little cooking. All I'm missing is a little company.

Figured you might be thinking the same thing."

Saricia Ask'lan
Jan 20th, 2010, 08:45:20 PM
The smile upon her lips could not be helped. Sanis' comment about not being attacked held so much truth that it was laughable for once. However, her smile was replaced with confusion at his invitation. Perhaps she was mistaken in his invitation.

"You ... You wanted to see me?" Her confusion was plain to read, almost child like in appearance.

Sanis Prent
Jan 20th, 2010, 08:58:59 PM
Her sheltered naiveté almost made me feel like a moustache-twirling villain. And if that thought deterred me, I might even have hesitated.

"Who else would I want to see?"

Saricia Ask'lan
Jan 20th, 2010, 09:14:27 PM
"I do not know. There are many people aboard the Wheel that you may wish to see." She was earnest in her answer, taking Sanis' question quite literally.

Sanis Prent
Jan 20th, 2010, 09:41:29 PM
"Hahahaa..."

My laugh trailed off as I took her open wondering a bit too literally, turning my daily planner off and tossing it in an organizer bin off to the side.

"There's only one I can think of," I quickly recovered, "and if she can be in the main hangar bay in an hour, I'll bring the shuttle by to pick her up, too."

Saricia Ask'lan
Jan 21st, 2010, 08:30:54 PM
She hadn't thought what was said was funny, but Sanis had found mirth in her statement. Eyes widened in shock and embarrassment, mainly from the invitation to dinner. Saricia had yet to eat, as her belly was reminding her. She could hear Lok in the back of her mind, encouraging her young Lupine charge to go as well. Her Elder was incessant with Saricia being more social.

"All right," she said with a thin smile creasing her face. As incorrigible as she found Sanis, Saricia did like being around him. There was always something bound to happen in his presence which was exhilarating and frightening all the same to the Lupine.

Sanis Prent
Jan 21st, 2010, 09:04:21 PM
I sat up in my seat and leaned forward a bit.

"Saricia, you've made my night. I'll see you in an hour, then. Later babe."

I snapped off the comm, and bounced up to my feet in triumph. Whistling a tune, I stepped out of the cockpit and into the adjacent galley, checking the braise pot. Red Sabaa Stew was one of the few bits of Nar Shadaan cookery that sponged its way into my brain in my youth. It was cheap, easy to make, and it tasted good. Combine that with buying real bread from the comissary and a few other things (Chandrillan wine, not cheap at all), and I had the closest thing to an honest meal that had been served on Layla in a while.

Saricia Ask'lan
Jan 23rd, 2010, 02:52:27 PM
Eyes blinked in uncertainty as Sanis' smiling visage disappeared from her console. "Babe?" she echoed, the word sounding quite foreign to her ears. Was it a term of endearment or discredit? It seemed far less intimate then other words used for these sorts of engagements.

"Oh it's was probably meant as nothing ..." she said, shaking her head before getting ready.

Precisely an hour later, Saricia waited patiently at the hangar bar. Tonight it was her brown dress and black bodice that adorned her frame. It was the only other color she owned besides white. There was a skeleton crew working on repairs and maintenance inside the hangar. For the few workers that that noticed the Lupine, Saricia offered a polite smile and kept to herself near the entrance - still wondering if this was a good idea at all.

"Hmm, quiet you," she whispered and held her belly, who was overjoyed by the notion of a hot meal.

Sanis Prent
Jan 23rd, 2010, 05:56:11 PM
I touched down the Cat on the open tarmac after being guided in. The repulsors eased the landing skids down, and put the shuttle in idle as I popped the hatchback to debark. Standing at the top of the short step leading down, I spotted her, and smiled.

"You look beautiful."

Saricia Ask'lan
Jan 24th, 2010, 02:35:21 PM
Saricia blushed under the scoundrel's sight and coughed lightly, "Thank you."

She approached gracefully and looked towards the Cat idly since it gave her a chance to collect herself - knowing that her warm cheeks would only continue to blush further under Sanis' gaze. "You have impeccable timing, but that would make sense being the 'Best Star Pilot in the Galaxy'."

With a cheeky grin, she looked to Sanis, having recovered completely.

Sanis Prent
Jan 24th, 2010, 02:59:05 PM
I helped her into the shuttle showing her the passenger seat. Not a roomy ship, it could at least carry somebody else and a bit of cargo though.

"Well, I could never be late for my most important passenger."

Helping her with her crash webbing, I eased into my seat, closing the hatchback and preparing to lift off again. Leaving the shuttle in a warm state meant take-off was quick, and we were at once gliding back out into the ether. Layla was close, yellow lights at her wing tips blinking invitingly.

Saricia Ask'lan
Jan 24th, 2010, 06:05:25 PM
He was such a flatterer, and the Lupine wondered how often Sanis used his silvery tongue when trying to impress the fairer sex.

She stiffened briefly, at the point of take off and swallowed back the fear of flight that had edged its way up her throat. Saricia did not like space at all. The vastness of it was breathtaking, the ease in which it could kill you without protection was not.

At least it was a short flight.

Sanis Prent
Jan 24th, 2010, 06:32:24 PM
I could feel her tense up.

"Space isn't your thing, huh?"

I eased a hand out for her if she cared to take it.

"The best trick I used when I first went into space was to find a star, and look directly at it."

Saricia Ask'lan
Jan 24th, 2010, 06:43:19 PM
Like a scared pup, she clung to his hand as the shuttle made its way closer to his ship. Acting upon his suggestion, Saricia looked towards the brightest star she could find and stared at it with unblinking eyes. It was rather pleasant as her eyes focused around the stars with similar brightness which shifted again and again like a kaleidoscope.

Her mind was utterly distracted and entranced for the rest of the short flight.

Sanis Prent
Jan 24th, 2010, 06:47:52 PM
I smiled as she took my advice to heart, feeling the intensity of her grip relax somewhat as we made our approach. The bay door opened, and yellow track lights guided us in gently as the final approach was handled by a navisync between the shuttle's and Layla's computers. We coasted in the rest of the way, until the shuttle touched down on her struts, and the larger anchoring claws slid up as an extra means to hold the craft in place. The bay door closed, and after a few seconds of hissing atmosphere regulators, the light above us blinked green.

"Well, that was easy, wasn't it?"

I smiled, and hit the hatch control, opening the rear door so we could exit the craft. I helped the Lupine out of her crash webbing and paused at the step-rail to help her down.

Saricia Ask'lan
Jan 24th, 2010, 06:55:56 PM
She gave him a look and shook her head with a smile. "Yes. Thank you for the suggestion.

Feet were light on the steps as Saricia descended the step rail, relieved to be back on something solid, though she was not that naive to know they were still at the mercy of space.

"Lead on Mr. Prent. I'm looking forward to dinner."

Sanis Prent
Jan 24th, 2010, 09:19:14 PM
The bulkhead doors leading to deck two whooshed open. Due to the main ladder well that connected all four decks, I could instantly smell the Red Sabaa stew going in the galley above. I'd left the wine to chill previously, and we'd been gone just long enough for it to be just right. Stepping through the crew quarters section, we reached the ladder, and I gestured to it, standing aside.

"Galley's up top, behind the cockpit. After you."

Saricia Ask'lan
Feb 16th, 2010, 08:12:56 AM
She smiled nervously, but in an endearing way. The Lupine was just caught off guard by how polite Sanis was being. It was refreshing to see besides the surly, incorrigible pilot that loved to start fights by words or fists.

Hiking up her dress just enough so she may not trip upon it, Saricia climbed the ladder, and quite unaware that this was just a ruse to probably stare at her backside as Sanis climbed the ladder behind her ...

Sanis Prent
Feb 16th, 2010, 03:03:05 PM
I watched her go up, and smiled, catching a view of below as I made my way up behind her. Having ladders was so nice sometimes.

"This is about as close to leave as I've had in a while. After we eat, there's a gas giant over there getting hit by comet fragments. Real pretty stuff. I can get in close for a view, want to?"

Saricia Ask'lan
Feb 16th, 2010, 04:10:54 PM
Stepping over the small ledge and onto secure footing, Saricia glanced down at Sanis and smiled, "That sounds lovely. I think it would do me good to see what space has to offer besides a sickened stomach."

Sanis Prent
Feb 17th, 2010, 01:57:01 AM
"Well, whatever we can do to prevent that."

I laughed.

"I mean, I just cleaned up. This Rebellion gig is probably the best thing that Layla's ever seen. Ship hasn't been this clean in a year."

Making my way up, I gestured to the galley at the back, where a spread was already waiting for the both of us.

"Well, galaxy traveler, I'll start punching your ticket by letting you sample the humble and boring food of my native land."

Saricia Ask'lan
Feb 17th, 2010, 08:36:25 PM
The cooking smells were actually appealing. It was a pleasant surprise. Eyes drifted over the offerings before falling upon Sanis with a shy smile, "And what shall be on our menu tonight?"

Sanis Prent
Feb 17th, 2010, 10:04:08 PM
I went to work, ladling out two portions of the stew into bowls.

"Red Sabaa stew. It's one of the few things about my homeworld that are worth talking about. I was raised on the stuff, whenever I could find enough credits to put together for it."

I eased two steaming bowls to the table, and broke a loaf of warm bread in the middle.

Saricia Ask'lan
Feb 21st, 2010, 11:58:03 AM
Saricia inhaled deeply with eyes closed as she pulled out a chair, "Well, it smells delicious."

She opened her eyes with a smile and looked at Sanis fondly. "Thank you for sharing this with me. Something from a home, it helps me to forget where I am."

Memories of a better time with her own Mother came forth - simple days of plowing, feeding the kudri, and baking bread were vivid in her minds eyes as she sat down.

Sanis Prent
Feb 21st, 2010, 01:52:17 PM
"Well, as long as it doesn't make you think you're on Nar Shadaa."

Fetching two glasses, I poured wine into each and set one in front of Saricia and one for myself.

"But I guess I can understand wanting to forget where you're at. I've done that more than a few times. Space does that to a lot of people."

Saricia Ask'lan
Feb 21st, 2010, 02:02:50 PM
"Since I do not know what Nar Shadaa looks like, I am sure we are safe in presuming I could let my mind wander there," she replied, setting a napkin in her lap. "Have you ever considered any place a true home? Where you were happy, even briefly?"

Sanis Prent
Feb 22nd, 2010, 10:02:55 PM
I leaned back slightly, and gave the bulkhead a slap.

"This is my home. This is where I'm happy. I know where everything is. I can step out to find new and wonderful places, and if they end up being not so wonderful, I can leave."

I sat forward again, thinking about her words as I took a drink of wine.

"Life before I had my ship was just surviving one thing or another. I learned how to get whatever I needed to make it, but it's not anything glamorous. I've always been sort of envious of people who had parents and a family, and that whole scene, even if I say I'm not."

Finally dipping my spoon into my stew, I gave it a brief stir before a quick taste.

"It was pretty easy for me to kick Nar Shadaa off my feet. I imagine it was a lot harder for you to let go of your home."

Saricia Ask'lan
Mar 2nd, 2010, 12:06:28 PM
"In a way ... yes." The spoon slid into the stew, parting vegetables and meat but Saricia had yet to sample any of Sanis' cooking as thoughts of home permeated her thoughts now. "But also no. My mother had died recently, so much of my connection to Sacorria had been severed. I do miss the simple life with my mother. Farming, sewing, tending to the herd - a far slower pace then the life I find myself in now."

Sanis Prent
Mar 5th, 2010, 06:21:05 PM
"Well, I don't know about that. Most of the time we spend on stand-by out here. At least back home you got to milk a, uh, Dewback, or something."

I paused, my brow knitting.

"I don't think you can milk a Dewback, wait. Nevermind. Shows what I know."

Saricia Ask'lan
Mar 11th, 2010, 05:21:21 AM
Considering Dewbacks were reptiles, Sanis' comment was quite comical and Saricia had to cover her mouth in fear of food being seen, or shot out from laughing. It did not help that she had pictured Sanis as the one attempting the impossible ...

"I do not mean to laugh, but" she placed a hand upon her chest and swallowed her food before continuing, "But it felt good to do so. Thank you."

It was spoken with much sincerity.

Sanis Prent
Mar 12th, 2010, 10:47:15 PM
It was good to see her laugh, and I laughed along with her.

"Well, never promised I'd amount to anything on a farm. All that waking up early and so on."

I had another bite of stew and thought about her earnest enthusiasm.

"So, tell me about your trip into space? You met s'Il, just like that?"

Saricia Ask'lan
Mar 16th, 2010, 08:27:01 AM
"You become used to it. I must admit that the time before sunrise comes is my favorite part of the day. Everything is so still and so very dark, but just glimpsing the first rays of the new day revitalizes me." She talked with a reverence to her old habits, but her eyes were tired. The young Lupine had yet to wake up to the morning sun for months now. It was difficult to adjust.

"But to your other question - Yes. Just like that. When I departed the General's ship, s'Ilancy was there. We were both surprised at each other's presence."

Sanis Prent
Mar 17th, 2010, 12:47:11 AM
"I'm the opposite about that. I rise and fall to a chrono. Going planetside messes my insides up. Touch down wide awake and it's the dead of night, that sort of thing. If I stay more than a few days on a planet, I have to crash out half a day to find a rhythm."

I patted my inside coat pocket for emphasis, a metallic clink sounding forward.

"Good to keep a flask handy if you need to catch a few z's on the hurry. At least, that's my experience.

I thought about what she said about her meeting with s'Il and Dan, and my brow knit a little.

"I can imagine so. I think the last thing she expected to find was another Lupine."

Saricia Ask'lan
Mar 26th, 2010, 08:11:22 AM
"You could say that," she responded darkly, "With the greeting I received, I was not sure if I would be friend or enemy."

Saricia had been a cowering little pup in the presence of the Elder Lupine. She was fortunate that the misunderstanding was easily rectified and now had a confidant to speak with, something she missed since her mother's illness and eventually passing.

"But that has changed. We have grown closer and I am thankful for that."

Sanis Prent
Mar 29th, 2010, 11:05:59 PM
"I know Lok's had a bit of an obsession over finding other Lupines, so it's quite a bit of serendipity to see she finally lucked up."

Breaking a bit of bread, I sopped it in some stew as I thought.

"Did that sort of thing come up much for you?"

Saricia Ask'lan
May 25th, 2010, 09:04:12 AM
She stopped in mid-chewing of her meal, looking positively, and sincerely baffled by the question that Sanis poised. Clearing her throat, and wiping a bit of stew sauce from the edge of her mouth, Saricia hoped she was answering the question correctly, "You mean in my discussions with Lok? Often enough. She is quite ... determined that us Lupines return with our history and knowledge intact."

The young Lupine was being polite. Lok was possessed in all truths when it came to the matters of Lupines.

Sanis Prent
May 28th, 2010, 08:01:19 PM
"And is that what you want?"

It seemed to to be a valid question, or at least one I would ask myself in her shoes.

"Having a heritage and an identity out there waiting for you, I mean I think that's interesting and I have no idea what it's like. Does it feel with that heritage that you've got some kind of expectations put on you?"

Saricia Ask'lan
May 31st, 2010, 05:46:35 PM
It was a valid question.

"It's all that I have," she responded quietly, head focused upon the food before her. She idly played with it, batting at a morsel of meat with the fork in hand. "I have little choice in the matter."

Sanis Prent
Jun 2nd, 2010, 10:20:36 PM
"Little choice?"

Maybe I just didn't understand the whole Lupine thing. I didn't have a history or a family to hold onto, and thus, nothing to hold me down, if one looked at it that way.

"Sounds more like a prison than a birthright, the way you say it."

Saricia Ask'lan
Jun 7th, 2010, 06:12:40 PM
Her smile was sad, "They unfortunately go hand in hand sometimes. It is the burden I bare, but I will admit that I do enjoy being in the presence of my kind. But that is I feel currently."

Sanis Prent
Jul 7th, 2010, 08:54:06 PM
The conversation was turning out to be a bummer, and I needed a break in a better direction. Finishing my wine, I stood from my seat with an easygoing smile.

"I got something to show you."

With a glance, I looked forward to the cockpit.

"Don't mind if we go on a little stroll, do you?"

Saricia Ask'lan
Jul 16th, 2010, 06:08:42 PM
Her features brightened at that idea. Walking off the uncertainty she felt would be good and she could clear her head.

"I am not opposed," she said and placed her napkin on the table before standing up.

Sanis Prent
Jul 16th, 2010, 06:32:20 PM
With a confident grin, I eased toward my seat in the cockpit, and gestured for her to sit in the co-pilot seat.

"Fortunately I'm not a stranger to this patch of space we're in, and I know a few things off the beaten path."

With a wink, I looked to the terminal, putting in a few coordinates to carry us a half dozen light years down the grid.

"You like light shows?"

Saricia Ask'lan
Jul 16th, 2010, 06:48:37 PM
Her brow furrowed at the question, especially since Saricia was never asked of anything of that sort. "I ... I do not know, Sanis. I can't recall ever seeing one."

Saricia's life on Sacorria was a bland existence and even during festivals, their small hamlet was too poor to acquire such luxuries.

Sanis Prent
Jul 24th, 2010, 09:59:30 PM
I leaned toward her seat, jerking my thumb toward the forward viewport.

"Then strap in, sit back, and try not to blink."

Sitting upright in my seat again, I punched the hypers, drawing the pinpricks of starlight into a kaleidoscope of motion that lasted for all of twelve seconds, terminating just as soon as it began, and bringing us to a fantastic sight. Two binary stars, a blue dwarf and a red giant, locked in a billion-year tug of war.

The massive gas corona of the giant was wrenched free of the larger star, snaking across the ether towards the stronger gravity of the dwarf. As the gasses drew closer, they compacted, growing hotter, changing hues in a vividly rainbow-colored aurora. It was maelstrom of fire, radiation, and gravity. Above all, it was one of the most beautiful sights you could find in space.

I'd made it a point to flag my navicomputer with each one I came across, just because you never knew when you'd have to fly out into the wild ether and just witness a thing like that.

"This is my home, Saricia. It's more than just whatever's inside the ship."

I stood up from my seat, and offered her my hand so she could do the same.

"I've known for almost all my life, this is where I had to be."

Saricia Ask'lan
Jul 25th, 2010, 02:18:18 PM
Careful to avoid hitting anything on the console, Saricia placed her hand on top of it to lean forward with childlike wonder. Never had she witness something so breathtaking. Space was something to be feared up until now.

"To think that something so ... so wondrous was out here all this time." Blue eyes blinked once, but only because they had focused on Sanis. He was truly at peace out here and Saricia admired him for that.

"Thank you, Sanis," she said and resumed being awed, not realizing that she becoming hypnotized by the view, and slowly rose as tall as she could in the seat without standing.

Sanis Prent
Jul 25th, 2010, 04:26:46 PM
"Want to go closer?"

It was hard not to be awed by the sight we were witnessing, and I dangled the opportunity over her like a carrot. We could proceed a few hundred thousand more kilometers ahead before the gravity would force us to apply back-thrust to keep from being pulled closer.

Not waiting for her reply, I eased the sublights just barely ahead, sending us closer to the spiral.

"I want to show you everything beautiful out here, Saricia. Not many people take the time to appreciate sights like this."

Saricia Ask'lan
Jul 25th, 2010, 05:04:28 PM
She dare not pull her gaze away, otherwise Saricia would miss all of the brushes of gas that painted across the black canvas of space. The Lupine inclined her head at various angles since the scene itself was taking up the entire viewport.

"I am grateful that you have given me the time to appreciate this Sanis. It makes one feel so ... insignificant in this universe."

Sanis Prent
Jul 25th, 2010, 08:52:03 PM
I shook my head at that.

"Insignificant? Like I said, how many people do you think are lucky enough to see a sight like that?"

I leaned in closer, my eyes on hers.

"And me, I'm twice as lucky. I've got all that out there, but when it's all said and done, that's not what I can't stop looking at."

Saricia Ask'lan
Jul 30th, 2010, 05:04:02 PM
The Lupine was perplexed but she couldn't dare to tear her eyes away from the spectacle in front of her. "You ... you make little sense. How could something other then this gracious sight bring your eyes elsewhere," she said while palming the view before her in awe.

Sanis Prent
Jul 30th, 2010, 05:07:47 PM
"When I see something even more beautiful."

I reached up with a hand, gently resting it at her jawline to turn her face to meet my own, as I eased in with a kiss that was both gentle, and completely sure of purpose.

Saricia Ask'lan
Jul 30th, 2010, 05:13:47 PM
"I don't understand. What do you-?" She was quieted by a hand against her brought their faces to meet. The Lupine's perplexed state was not changed, even with Sanis hovering so near.

But as lips drew near, Saricia's eyes grew wide. He was referring to her? It didn't make any sense, nor did the soft pressure against her mouth as he touched hers. She was at a loss on varying levels, most of them hiding in the realm of panic. Far too tense to even thinking about reciprocating, blue eyes starred at some interesting blinking light on the console as if it would communicate some wisdom in code.

Sanis Prent
Jul 30th, 2010, 06:02:01 PM
I could feel her stiffen up like somebody poured carbonite in her blood. Her eyes widened like an Ithorian deer caught in a spotlamp, and I parted lips with her, the remnants of my confident smile still hanging around.

"Don't tell me that's the first time that's happened?"

Saricia Ask'lan
Jul 30th, 2010, 06:05:46 PM
Her mouth moved, but nothing came out. She blinked finally and found it an odd sensation that his kiss still lingered.

"I ... well no!" She felt embarrassed in having to defend herself and that look Sanis was giving her did not help! "I have. Just. Not like that."

Small pecks, innocent ones, from a boy or two was all that she knew.

Sanis Prent
Jul 30th, 2010, 06:08:33 PM
Not like that?

My smile widened a little bit, as the perceived boost hit my ego.

"Not that good, huh?"

I eased in again. If she thinks that's good...

Saricia Ask'lan
Jul 30th, 2010, 06:26:56 PM
"No!" she panicked and felt utterly foolish for saying the wrong thing. Saricia had to fix this.

"I did not mean -" but she was once again silenced and felt her eyes close this time, trying to focus on what was happening. It did feel good and it was an innocent kiss. The boys she kissed before she had liked, but it was the secretive nature of her species that had kept them at arm's length. She didn't have to now ...

Sanis Prent
Jul 30th, 2010, 06:42:52 PM
Saricia put down whatever defenses she had up on the second go around, and it was good enough to almost make me swallow that sappy bit of mood-setting I'd fed her. I didn't want some thin-lipped bird peck, and blissfully, I didn't get that. Some girls kiss angry and deep, like sticking your tongue into a sarlacc pit. It wasn't that either. It was...right. Simply right. Starting gently, like I could feel the emotions change in her from start to finish. I suddenly realized I'd have to say something after all this and not sound like a punchline, so I prolonged the inevitable a bit, eventually separating and having a moment where I just looked at her.

What the hell just happened? Either way, I had a smile, and it wasn't some cynical act.

"Wow."

Wow? Really? Might as well have been yippie. I realized all of my good lines were fake, and having to say something sincerely was hard.

Saricia Ask'lan
Jul 30th, 2010, 06:58:12 PM
It was a slow, lingering kiss that Saricia couldn't have imagined possible. She did not think such a simple act could invoke such a strange rush of ...

That was the problem. She didn't know what it was she was feeling, only that the right amount of pressure in exploration seemed right. What was probably more interesting was how it never felt awkward. It was her first real kiss, not Sanis', shouldn't it feel awkward?

When he pulled away, she started to worry that she did something wrong. Sanis didn't say anything but it appeared he was pleased. The smile on his face seemed genuine.

"Wow."

That one word allowed Saricia to breath again and laughed nervously. "Wow indeed ..."

And then she felt foolish all over again for parroting his response.

Sanis Prent
Jul 30th, 2010, 07:37:14 PM
So it was contagious. I gave a relieved laugh as we both seemed to suffer from a poor follow-up. It didn't seem to matter. We both felt that.

Arms around her, I thought about what I said, looking back to the maelstrom before us, and returning to her again.

"Well, we've still got a bit of wine, and I'm off patrols till morning. That should give us enough time to finish a few drinks, watch the fireworks, and think up a good alibi for our adventure. Up for it?"

Saricia Ask'lan
Jul 30th, 2010, 07:46:57 PM
She didn't shy away. The Lupine rather liked this sort of attention and rested her head against Sanis' shoulder with a genuine smile of approval. "I think that is a splendid idea."

Now she was beginning to understand the implications of 'making it count', something a boy from Sacorria had once told her when she was younger.

'If you're gonna do something bad, might as well make it count Sari!'

She was too scared to upset her mother to give it much thought. But now? He certainly had the right idea.

Sanis Prent
Jul 30th, 2010, 08:33:17 PM
With that, I topped off her glass and mine, and rather than splitting chairs, eased back to let Saricia share my lap. My arm around her, and hers around me, we both watched stars die, watched each other, and conspired to make a night of it.

"I remember Life Day, you were scared to go ten paces off the path with me without Lok's permission."

Sipping my wine, I ran my other hand across her locks that hung at her back.

"She's got it in her head that I'm no good. What do you think?"

Saricia Ask'lan
Aug 3rd, 2010, 08:16:23 AM
Her laugh was filled with embarrassment and of wine. She quickly recovered, swallowed without choking and felt her face blush from everything in this moment.

"The fights aside," she placed two fingers over his heart and patted his chest, "You have a good heart."

She looked away and shrugged, "At least, that is what I feel."

Saricia was still aloof to the nature of the Force but something inside her was letting her be trusting around the smuggler. Or perhaps it was naivete creeping forward and making an utter fool of herself since her social graces were nil.

Sanis Prent
Aug 3rd, 2010, 08:52:52 PM
"A good heart, huh?"

I masked my conflicted expression with my glass, taking a sip of wine as my mind wandered.

That's what I'm afraid of.

"Saricia, I'm flattered, but you don't know me at all."

Selfless causes, and feeling for other people besides myself. I was in grave danger of becoming a good person, but I knew damn well what I was capable of. What exactly did I want anyway? I still hadn't figured that out.

Saricia Ask'lan
Aug 15th, 2010, 03:13:41 PM
"No, I don't," she admitted sadly and took her hand away, and was now re-focused at the spectacle before them. "But you had asked me for my opinion."

Her response was quiet and meek, unsure if she had upset Sanis or not. It felt like a good a time as any to hide in her glass.

Sanis Prent
Aug 15th, 2010, 03:17:37 PM
I had, hadn't I?

I ran a hand through her hair, catching her eyes over the rim of her glass as she returned her attention to me.

"Who knows, maybe I'll rise to the challenge and meet your opinion."

Easing her glass aside, I moved in to kiss her again. Outside the ship, a wonderful light show raged on for it's audience, to wrapped up with each other to take notice.