PDA

View Full Version : Inception [2010]

Rutabaga
Dec 28th, 2009, 09:00:36 PM
This was the last trailer they showed before Sherlock Holmes...Christopher Nolan's new movie, Inception, which is due out next summer. I'm not quite sure what it's all about, but it looks like it has the potential to be very interesting visually. It just might be the first Leonardo DiCaprio movie I'll consider going to see in the theater since that boat movie a few years ago. :cool

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/inception/

Ilias Nytrau
Dec 28th, 2009, 09:21:35 PM
Ooh, I kinda like how this looks.

Yeah, I'm more or less in the same 'boat' as you on the matter of DiCaprio, but this looks like it might be worth seeing, perhaps.

General Dan
Dec 29th, 2009, 11:27:45 PM
It just might be the first Leonardo DiCaprio movie I'll consider going to see in the theater since that boat movie a few years ago. :cool

Sidetrack, but why? With the exception of Titanic and the Beach, almost every film he's been in has been exceedingly good.

Kelly Perris
Dec 29th, 2009, 11:57:33 PM
I quite liked 'The Aviator' and 'Gangs of New York'. I saw about half of 'Blood Diamond' before I had to be somewhere else. Aside from 'Titanic' (which I have seen one and a half times and NEVER again), that's about all the movies he's been in that I've seen.

Okay, yeah. I'll give him that. He has had a pretty good career so far. :)

General Dan
Dec 30th, 2009, 12:00:59 AM
Blood Diamond is seriously awesome and I can't imagine how somebody couldn't love it.

Quick and the Dead, while not a critically acclaimed movie, is a wonderful homage piece and he had probably the most interesting character in it aside from maybe Gene Hackman's.

What's Eating Gilbert Grape is also extremely good, same for Catch Me if you Can.

I can understand how Titanic could burn somebody out and make them declare an intifada against Leo movies, but I implore you to look again.

Droo
Dec 30th, 2009, 12:39:16 AM
I have to concur with Charley on this. Look at his performance in The Departed. People have been dismissive of him far too quickly since Titanic and he really does deserve more credit than he gets for his acting.

Crusader
Dec 30th, 2009, 04:54:44 AM
Am I the only one who thought that the boat movie was good but nothing special...I would even go as far as to say that I like the boat movie!!!

Rutabaga
Dec 30th, 2009, 07:08:27 AM
Don't get me wrong, it's not a hatred of Leo or anything, it's just that usually the subject matter of his movies are ones that don't appeal to me. It's as simple as that.

I saw The Aviator on cable and thought it was excellent, very very impressive.

Droo
Dec 30th, 2009, 09:04:20 AM
Am I the only one who thought that the boat movie was good but nothing special...I would even go as far as to say that I like the boat movie!!!

I've never had a problem with Titanic. Frankly, I think it's just become fashionable to dislike it.

On topic, I found the trailer intriguing. I honestly couldn't pass any comment about what I think the plot has to offer because I was hardly able to glean any sense of story from the trailer, just... intrigue! I like the visuals, I like Christopher Nolan and Leonardo DiCaprio but, my God, that opening line is jarring!

Darth Turbogeek
Dec 30th, 2009, 04:29:18 PM

Yes you are alone, the boat moie was a CGI shitfest. The best part was the CG dude bouncing off the CG propeller. That pretty much sums it up

Droo
Jun 17th, 2010, 04:24:24 PM
Just caught a new full length trailer on TV for this film, and that is rare in itself over here because usually it's just brief TV spots, but having watched it I have to confess myself seriously psyched for this one - it looks stunning!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z75o-F6ja2I&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z75o-F6ja2I&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 17th, 2010, 07:01:46 PM
I know, this movie looks amazing. I hope the plot holds its own against the visuals. :D

CMJ
Jul 16th, 2010, 03:15:29 PM
Fantastic movie. I need to give it some time, but I believe it might be Nolan's best.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 16th, 2010, 04:25:01 PM
I can't wait to see this aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 16th, 2010, 04:42:49 PM
Fantastic movie. I need to give it some time, but I believe it might be Nolan's best.

Thank the Lord it opens on Wedesday here. Friday night IMAX coming up!

CMJ
Jul 16th, 2010, 05:34:24 PM
It's early to say...I need to let it breathe. But it was just such a ridiculously entertaining film that was also smart as hell. And despite being about 2.5 hours long, it was very tightly wound throughout.

It might have been a bit too much near the end with like 5 seperate stories/dreams going on - but that is a small quibble. Also love the final wink at the audience Nolan gave - letting us figure out the last puzzle ourselves.

Sanya Tagge
Jul 18th, 2010, 03:38:38 AM
My housemate saw it and said thought the effects and premise were really interesting.. but that it was difficult to feel any empathy for the characters :(

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 18th, 2010, 03:38:51 AM
I think it was mindblowing. Breathtaking. Incredible.

I loved it. I loved the ending as well.

Ending spoiler I choose to believe that the spinner was just about to fall right when they cut away, so I believe that he is in reality, not limbo still. Still, it was chilling to see it still spinning and spinning and spinning. I was glad when it started to falter a bit there right at the very end, supporting my belief that he's not in a dream anymore.

"Computer... End Program!"

Blade Bacquin
Jul 18th, 2010, 04:01:37 AM
Haven't seen it yet but it's on the list of maybes. However fromt he first trailer I saw it reminded me somewhat of Dark City for some reason.

Yog
Jul 18th, 2010, 04:32:23 AM
My housemate saw it and said thought the effects and premise were really interesting.. but that it was difficult to feel any empathy for the characters :(

I heard similar things from a friend:

the movie was cerebral, way too complicated, left me uninterested and looking at my watch to see when it would be over. i really didn't understand or care about the various nuances of how deeply they were dreaming at any given point

That being said, I suspect this is the type of movie that is more demanding of the viewer, and given some effort, the complexities are a plus rather than a minus. The setting and Nolan directing this sounds like right up my alley, so I still very much look forward seeing it.

Hell, with so much junk released this summer, it is hard to go wrong with a 9.3 IMDB / 84% RT film.

CMJ
Jul 18th, 2010, 08:30:26 AM
I think it was mindblowing. Breathtaking. Incredible.

I loved it. I loved the ending as well.

Ending spoiler I choose to believe that the spinner was just about to fall right when they cut away, so I believe that he is in reality, not limbo still. Still, it was chilling to see it still spinning and spinning and spinning. I was glad when it started to falter a bit there right at the very end, supporting my belief that he's not in a dream anymore.

"Computer... End Program!"

Agreed LD. Another possible clue might be Leo is wearing his wedding ring only in the "dreams." And in the ending, its now gone.. Of course even that could be explained away by saying he is like....that fooled himself.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 18th, 2010, 10:06:51 AM
I didn't notice that, about the ring. But then I do recall only noticing his wedding ring while he was in the dreams, but I guess I missed that it wasn't there at all the other times.

My husband noted that this is a movie that you have to pay attention to and give it a little thought while you're watching. I can see how an passive viewer, just letting the visuals wash over them, might not appreciate all the nuance to the film. But they're doing themselves a disservice.

I also found that I could feel and care for the characters. The threat of danger is portrayed very well, so I even felt engaged with the secondary characters who had hardly any backstory to them.

Leo and Cillian Murphy's characters had arcs that were compelling and emotional. I really connected with both of them. The other characters were more two dimensional, portrayed for what they brought to the mission at hand, not for their no doubt rich and varied private lives. But for this movie to make you care as deeply for all of them as they do with Dom, Leo's character, would have been exhausting. IMO.

Entertainment Weekly said that Dom's motivations were boring, that he wanted to get back to his kids. That they couldn't really connect to him. But his motivations were very easy for me to relate to.

CMJ
Jul 18th, 2010, 10:53:59 AM
Also enjoyed that Nolan knows his Greek mythology. Ariadne - Ellen Page's character's name - in mythology helped Theseus escape the labyrinth after he killed the minotaur by giving him a red twine to unwind behind him(so he could follow it back). And of course in the film Ariadne is the string that tries to help DiCaprio find his way back to reality.

Acacius Blade
Jul 19th, 2010, 07:20:45 AM
Entertainment Weekly can kiss my backside - the damn idiots. I assume the guy who wrote it didn't have kids. I'd say kids are anything but boring and I don't even have any of my own yet.

I think it made his quest more compelling. He's not just another get-rich-quick go-getter. He's not looking for unlimited poweeeeer. He's not looking for answers. He's looking to get back to his kids who miss him and who he misses dearly. That's a very real, very realistic, very humane desire. It's also quite selfless. But at the same time it's selfish when you consider the jeaopardy he puts the others in for his own ends. And it also touches on one of my favourite things in movies that Spielberg is fond of - ordinary people in extraordinary situations. In this case, a man who enters dreams to extract information or, in the central plot thread, implant an idea. And who is this man - someone's dad. Not a super-agent or an enhanced cyborg. He's someone's daddy and wants to go home.

Like Holly, I thought this film was absolutely mind-blowing. The concept was fantastic and very very liberating from a story as well as a visual angle. And what a visual orgy it was. The scenes with Joseph Gordon Levitt in the hotel were awesome. My mouth couldn't grin wide enough for that. And I was laughing to myself at one point.

When they're asleep, floating in the hotel room and he has to give them a kick. But his dilemma is that he can't drop them without gravity (remember the van is in freefall). When he was tieing them together I honestly thought he was going to try some sort of centrifugal force thing by spinning them which made sense to me for an instant. But then I quickly realised that the room would need to spin, not them. But alas, the tying up was far more basic than that - it's simply easier to move the buggers if they're tied together. Lols for me and my over-active imagination.

Jedi Master Carr
Jul 20th, 2010, 03:47:50 PM
Entertainment Weekly can kiss my backside - the damn idiots. I assume the guy who wrote it didn't have kids. I'd say kids are anything but boring and I don't even have any of my own yet.

I think it made his quest more compelling. He's not just another get-rich-quick go-getter. He's not looking for unlimited poweeeeer. He's not looking for answers. He's looking to get back to his kids who miss him and who he misses dearly. That's a very real, very realistic, very humane desire. It's also quite selfless. But at the same time it's selfish when you consider the jeaopardy he puts the others in for his own ends. And it also touches on one of my favourite things in movies that Spielberg is fond of - ordinary people in extraordinary situations. In this case, a man who enters dreams to extract information or, in the central plot thread, implant an idea. And who is this man - someone's dad. Not a super-agent or an enhanced cyborg. He's someone's daddy and wants to go home.

Like Holly, I thought this film was absolutely mind-blowing. The concept was fantastic and very very liberating from a story as well as a visual angle. And what a visual orgy it was. The scenes with Joseph Gordon Levitt in the hotel were awesome. My mouth couldn't grin wide enough for that. And I was laughing to myself at one point.

When they're asleep, floating in the hotel room and he has to give them a kick. But his dilemma is that he can't drop them without gravity (remember the van is in freefall). When he was tieing them together I honestly thought he was going to try some sort of centrifugal force thing by spinning them which made sense to me for an instant. But then I quickly realised that the room would need to spin, not them. But alas, the tying up was far more basic than that - it's simply easier to move the buggers if they're tied together. Lols for me and my over-active imagination.

I saw it today and thought the movie was amazing. I really loved the plot and agree with you about that whole sequence with the van, it was fun to watch. About the ending, I agree with LD and CMJ I think he is in reality, I thought for sure I heard a clunk as the screen went black. I didn't notice the ring, but will have to pay attention to that next time I see it. It is a great film and a must see in theaters. Right now I think Inception and Toy Story 3 are front runners for Best picture nominations.

Figrin D'an
Jul 24th, 2010, 10:05:29 PM
Just saw this tonight. Very entertaining film, and on multiple levels. Certainly does demand a level of attentiveness to catch everything, and I'm almost certain there are things I missed despite my best efforts.

Regarding the ending... I tend to disagree with the contention that Cobb has returned to reality when the film goes black. The main thing that really gave it away for me was his kids. They're wearing the same clothes he always envisions them wearing in his dream states. Their placement and movements also mimic those from his last memory of them playing outside before he had to flee the country, which is also how he always sees them every time they show up in his dreams.

My personal take... there's one more level of dream state which wasn't pealed back at all during the film, but was hinted at multiple times. I think Cobb is actual target of the inception with the goal being to give Cobb a way to forgive himself for his wife's death that will be real enough for him actually let her go, by making him believe it was his idea to do so. Recall the line from earlier in the film that the core of the inception has to be so subtle as to make the target think that it was actually an original idea of their own creation, otherwise it won't work. The plot gives Cobb a reason to complete one final job that will give him a way to go home yet force him to confront his guilt in a way that he believes is completely of his own doing. CMJ mentioned the significance of Ellen Page's character, Ariadne, in reference to Greek mythology and the story of the Theseus. I think it's equally important to note that the totem Ariadne created for herself was that of a pawn.

It's easy to go on and on about this, but regardless, it was a highly enjoyable film, I think easily the best I've seen this year. I continue to be impressed with Nolan's stories, direction and the casts he puts together. Let's hope he keeps it up with his next projects.

CMJ
Jul 24th, 2010, 10:56:40 PM
Just saw this tonight. Very entertaining film, and on multiple levels. Certainly does demand a level of attentiveness to catch everything, and I'm almost certain there are things I missed despite my best efforts.

Regarding the ending... I tend to disagree with the contention that Cobb has returned to reality when the film goes black. The main thing that really gave it away for me was his kids. They're wearing the same clothes he always envisions them wearing in his dream states. Their placement and movements also mimic those from his last memory of them playing outside before he had to flee the country, which is also how he always sees them every time they show up in his dreams.

My personal take... there's one more level of dream state which wasn't pealed back at all during the film, but was hinted at multiple times. I think Cobb is actual target of the inception with the goal being to give Cobb a way to forgive himself for his wife's death that will be real enough for him actually let her go, by making him believe it was his idea to do so. Recall the line from earlier in the film that the core of the inception has to be so subtle as to make the target think that it was actually an original idea of their own creation, otherwise it won't work. The plot gives Cobb a reason to complete one final job that will give him a way to go home yet force him to confront his guilt in a way that he believes is completely of his own doing. CMJ mentioned the significance of Ellen Page's character, Ariadne, in reference to Greek mythology and the story of the Theseus. I think it's equally important to note that the totem Ariadne created for herself was that of a pawn.

It's easy to go on and on about this, but regardless, it was a highly enjoyable film, I think easily the best I've seen this year. I continue to be impressed with Nolan's stories, direction and the casts he puts together. Let's hope he keeps it up with his next projects.

His children are wearing slightly different clothes - made to look exactly like the ones from his dream to confuse the audience. Also - acording to the credits 2 sets of children played the roles, so you would have to guess they are slightly aged at the end.

I've heard the 'Cobb as inception target' theory before, but I don't think it washes for a variety of reasons that I'll delve into when I have time(which isn't currently).

Nathanial K'cansce
Jul 25th, 2010, 08:48:44 PM
Just got back from seeing it, and really really loved it. Would like to go see it again, though, as I missed a bunch from the first hour-hour and a half... bunch of unrespectful teenage girls would not shut up. It took my friend(s) two times to talk to them to say "shut up" before she went to talk to the staff and had them kicked out. :grumble

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 27th, 2010, 09:38:20 PM
Hmmmmmm.

Bloody good film I'll give it that. And it seems when you walk out to be straightforward.

The more you think about it, the more of a mindfuck it becomes. The more the little details lead you down to different conclusions and the more you ponder exactly what was really going on.

Definatly a see again movie.

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 28th, 2010, 05:57:26 PM
Ahhhh, now I get it.

The questions of wether Cobb is in a dream still or it was real in the end isnt the point of the movie. Completely valid arguments can be made for any number of explainations - I've seen or thought up 6 that are completely logically consistent, combinations of awake or dreaming that unfold as the movie likewise unfolds through it's various levels.

Now, I personally think that Cob was in the real at the end because Cobb being in a dream cheapens the movie considerably and you have never actually seen the real Cobb. It just does not work and there are points where Cobb simply has to be awake - the top does fall over in one or two scenes. But real or not, that's not the point

The point of the movie is that Nolan pulls an Inception on us, the movie viewer. He planted the idea that it all is a dream, making us doubt what we saw and experienced and was doing it thru the movie. He leaves little seeds of the Inception in the "real" world then sets the Inception loose with the ambiguous ending so it grows exactly like the Inception does on Fischer and Mal. Failure to see the top fall leaves us to ponder the rest of the movie, to see it again to check on things, to discuss the minute details to work out the puzzle, but he also did it in a way we dont feel cheated.

So Cobb dreaming or not, Nolan has done his work and we have an idea that begins to grow and take hold in our minds that Cobb was dreaming all along, despite the evidence that says he wasnt .... but there was evidence he was dreaming..... and so it goes round and round as Nolan laughes his ass off at how well he did the Inception on us.

So the correct answer is that WE got Incepted and that's exactly what Nolan intended

And there is no 5 on the "completely valid explainations" list to this movie. The fact that there is more than one valid answer - and delibertly more than one completely valid answer - means I think there's a fair chance the above is right and We got fucked with and loved every moment of it

Bravo Mr Nolan!

CMJ
Jul 28th, 2010, 08:07:58 PM
Ahhhh, now I get it.

The questions of wether Cobb is in a dream still or it was real in the end isnt the point of the movie. Completely valid arguments can be made for any number of explainations - I've seen or thought up 6 that are completely logically consistent, combinations of awake or dreaming that unfold as the movie likewise unfolds through it's various levels.

Now, I personally think that Cob was in the real at the end because Cobb being in a dream cheapens the movie considerably and you have never actually seen the real Cobb. It just does not work and there are points where Cobb simply has to be awake - the top does fall over in one or two scenes. But real or not, that's not the point

The point of the movie is that Nolan pulls an Inception on us, the movie viewer. He planted the idea that it all is a dream, making us doubt what we saw and experienced and was doing it thru the movie. He leaves little seeds of the Inception in the "real" world then sets the Inception loose with the ambiguous ending so it grows exactly like the Inception does on Fischer and Mal. Failure to see the top fall leaves us to ponder the rest of the movie, to see it again to check on things, to discuss the minute details to work out the puzzle, but he also did it in a way we dont feel cheated.

So Cobb dreaming or not, Nolan has done his work and we have an idea that begins to grow and take hold in our minds that Cobb was dreaming all along, despite the evidence that says he wasnt .... but there was evidence he was dreaming..... and so it goes round and round as Nolan laughes his ass off at how well he did the Inception on us.

So the correct answer is that WE got Incepted and that's exactly what Nolan intended

And there is no 5 on the "completely valid explainations" list to this movie. The fact that there is more than one valid answer - and delibertly more than one completely valid answer - means I think there's a fair chance the above is right and We got fucked with and loved every moment of it

Bravo Mr Nolan!

Funny you mentioned that given the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVkQ0C4qDvM&feature=player_embedded

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 28th, 2010, 08:54:12 PM
Funny you mentioned that given the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVkQ0C4qDvM&feature=player_embedded

Yeah, that's really quite a good touch, aint it? Again tho even that can be used to argue with complete merit any of half a dozen ways this movie can be seen as and as well simply says you have been the one who's had the Inception done on

Man, this movie just works on so many levels. THWOOOOOM

Droo
Jul 29th, 2010, 02:35:31 AM
Me and Peter should be going to see it a second time this weekend. It's been two weeks since I've seen Inception and all I can think about is going to see it again. That link to the music comparison has just made everything seem so much sweeter.

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 29th, 2010, 05:17:56 AM
I'm seeing Inception again on Sunday :D

Jesimae Lawson
Aug 1st, 2010, 12:06:27 AM
- Love love love love this film!! Seen it about three times now!!

-Am I retarded for feeling smarter after watching this film?

- Joseph Gordon Levitt deserves an oscar.

Jesimae Lawson
Aug 1st, 2010, 12:06:48 AM
Also, found the drive for Dom to be perfectly conceivable.

Crusader
Aug 4th, 2010, 05:25:44 AM
I watched it on monday. Thanks for your insights on this movie, I think I appreciate this movie even more now. I think DT and Figrin D'an made some great points that I will have to consider the next time I watch it.

Darth Turbogeek
Aug 4th, 2010, 06:12:46 AM
I think the Internets have found a theory that stands up to the best scrutiny that I'll go over again as it's already been mentioned in spoilers

And putting aside what the real Inception target is and answering if Cobb is dreaming or not, the clearest indication of what state he is in is his wedding ring. When he is in a dream, he has a wedding ring on, no exceptions. When he leaves a dream, there is no wedding ring. So far no one has found a good counter to this one other than that it could signify he has let his wife go - but that's kinda weak when you see the places he clearly has no ring on before he lets Mol go mentally

I specifically watched for this on my second viewing and it holds - when he is awake, no ring. Dreaming, ring.

So, Nolan plays it straight but is fucking with us at the end if the wedding ring theory is true and I suspect it is. Also, the kids are indeed slightly different at the end of the film, the clothes are different and they are older.

So we have a very good answer that holds pretty well.

Has anyoen else had particularly vivid dreams after watching this film?

CMJ
Aug 4th, 2010, 08:41:23 AM
I mentioned that awhile ago Darth(the theory).

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 4th, 2010, 10:13:38 AM
This relates to the movie so I will bring it up here. Can this make 300 million? it stands at 201 right now through 19 days. It has shown incredible legs so far and could make another 20 million this weekend. I think it will make probably end up around 305 or so. I hope it also beats Eclipse since that film is a pile of crap that doesn't belong in the top 5.

CMJ
Aug 4th, 2010, 10:29:13 AM
It'll be close either way. Sorta depends on Warner Brothers too and how long they leave it in theaters. It'll get to 275M or so pretty easily and then the crawl will begin.

I'm thinking 285-290M at the moment.

CMJ
Aug 4th, 2010, 11:12:39 AM
Great spoof. Has some spoilers in there, but the characters are so confused, people who haven't seen the film might not get anything out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BE9rDDOQlM

:lol

Darth Turbogeek
Aug 4th, 2010, 03:20:58 PM
I mentioned that awhile ago Darth(the theory).

Yes I know, that's why I said it had already been mentioned :) - it's the only theory that's truly held up to scrutiny so it's worth expanding on.

I'm hoping for Inception for 300 million too, dont see that it'll make it but fantastic result anyway.

CMJ
Aug 4th, 2010, 03:38:31 PM
Sorry man...I guess I just read it wrong. I thought your statement said you'd read the theory elsewhere.

Dai
Aug 9th, 2010, 09:42:41 PM
Watched the movie last night with a friend who had seen it before. Luckily, he didn't spoil any parts of it. The concept is real cool. Execution even better. I haven't a single complaint.

Throughout the movie I felt like I was being incepted. It's funny that someone even brought that up.

This movie deserves an award, and the cast was great. I love when movies try to mess with my mind.

Rutabaga
Jan 29th, 2011, 05:27:24 PM
I never made it out to the theater to see Inception, so I finally saw it on Blu-ray today. And I'm going to do something that I usually don't do...I'm immediately going to buy a copy to keep, because this movie simply MUST be seen more than once. It's a story that has so many layers (literally!) that a single viewing simply does not do it justice.

Christopher Nolan is definitely one of the most talented people working in movies right now. I'm glad the movie got nominated for a Best Picture Oscar, but to not nominate it for directing and original screenplay sucks. :grumble

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 29th, 2011, 09:22:27 PM
I never made it out to the theater to see Inception, so I finally saw it on Blu-ray today. And I'm going to do something that I usually don't do...I'm immediately going to buy a copy to keep, because this movie simply MUST be seen more than once. It's a story that has so many layers (literally!) that a single viewing simply does not do it justice.

Christopher Nolan is definitely one of the most talented people working in movies right now. I'm glad the movie got nominated for a Best Picture Oscar, but to not nominate it for directing and original screenplay sucks. :grumble

It actually got an original screenplay nomination, it got screwed out of director and editing. I can't understand how they overlooked editing.

Rutabaga
Jan 30th, 2011, 08:16:36 AM

It actually got an original screenplay nomination, it got screwed out of director and editing. I can't understand how they overlooked editing.

Oh good, glad it at least got original screenplay, that's well deserved. But no director and no editing? That just ain't right.

CMJ
Jan 30th, 2011, 02:23:46 PM
EDIT: Sorry....you addressed the screenplay nom already missed it on the first read thru.

Editing was the biggest shocker for me for it to miss because most people seemed to think it was the favorite for the win. Nolan was surprising simply for the fact that he is now a 3 time Director's Guild nominess but has never been nommed in the category by the AMPAS.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 30th, 2011, 03:20:06 PM
The best director snub was huge. I can't believe it. :colbert

CMJ
Jan 30th, 2011, 06:25:56 PM
Eh, I can because the film itself probably wouldn't have been nomnated for Best Picture if it was only 5 nominees -- and he doesn't fit the old profile of the "lone director" (what Directors who were nominated without their pictures often were referred as).