PDA

View Full Version : The Pains of Being Pure at Heart

Kassandra
Dec 26th, 2009, 11:20:29 AM
When two Immortals collide, it is a sight to behold. Awesome and terrible, their conflict can rage on for hours – days even – as centuries worth of training is put to the test. For those caught in the crossfire, it can mean the end. Fiona Devlin had already fallen before Kassandra, now her student-turned-lover – and her apartment! – were going to suffer the same fate.

A cleaving horizontal slash brought Kassandra's sword within cutting distance of Michele, but the young Immortal stumbled backwards just in time, only the cloth of her tank-top sheared by the ancient sword. The momentum of the blade brought it crashing into the wall, where the edge bit through plaster and into a wooden beam.

Seeing the elder Immortal's face contort with the effort of trying to free the weapon, Michele sprung forward, ready to strike – but Kassandra took a step forward and smashed a boot heel into the girl's gut, sending her crumpling backwards just as she wrenched her sword free of the wall. Her eyes alight with triumphant fire, she spun the blades hilt into a two-handed grip, the deadly point angled downwards and ready to plunge into Michele's trembling heart.

Michele Hawkins
Dec 26th, 2009, 01:49:31 PM
A topple onto the floor with the might of that gut wrenching kick. I can feel the bile starting to bubble in the back of my throat signaling that my lunch was threatening to make a repeat performance in an unsatisfying manner. My eyes are burning with tears and I'm about ready to become a skewered Michele Hawkins if I don't get my fight on.

As the plunge inevitably came, I rolled to my left and out of harms way before my leg sweeps around to take Kass off her feet. I need to get to my sword fast so I can properly defend myself.

Needless to say, I wasn't expecting Kassandra to come crashing through the door looking for my head. I barely could sense her presence before all hell broke loose!

Kassandra
Dec 26th, 2009, 02:30:20 PM
The sweep-kick might have gained Michele a tactical advantage, if it wasn't so desperate. As it was, Kassandra simply hopped backwards, conceding only a few feet. In the end, those precious inches were enough for the young Immortal to scramble to her feet, but Kassandra conceded no more than that. There was no flourish or bravado as she pressed on at the girl, swinging for head in a vicious arc.

Michele Hawkins
Dec 26th, 2009, 06:37:36 PM
Ducking for my life, literally, I roll further away from the doom that is Kassandra and dive for the couch. With a grunt from my lips and a thud of my belly against the carpeted floor, I slide across the hardwood floor and shove my hand under the couch. The hilt of my El Cid Colada feels like home in my hand and I pull it out in time to parry another attack.

Gritting my teeth, I had some shitty ass leverage. Least I got one leg bent while the other was kneeling, so I had something to work with, but Kassandra was strong. Hell, the edge of her blade almost carved a nice line in my cheek. Almost actually counts in this case besides the horseshoes and hand grenades. Luckily, Kassandra didn't have a hand grenade.

Least I don't think she did?

Kassandra
Dec 27th, 2009, 06:55:31 AM
Steel screeched against steel as the two blades slid against one another. Michele edged herself back onto the couch and Kassandra swung over-handed, the sharp edge of her sword slicing right through the cushions and springs of the sofa as Michele wriggled out of the way and towards the kitchenette. Four wooden chairs sat around a circular table, which the younger Immortal put between herself and her attacker. Kass knocked one chair aside with a kick, then relinquished one hands grip on her sword for long enough to throw the table over with a groan and splintering of wood.

“Stop running!” she snarled, lunging her sword through the newly formed space between them. “You'll only die tired.”

Michele Hawkins
Dec 27th, 2009, 09:45:36 PM
Well, I was thinking of getting a new kitchen. Course, I'd have to live through this nightmare first in order to purchase a set. Pointy ass sword incoming! FUCK!

I barely bring up my sword to parry Kassandra's attack. My hands sting from the power behind the assault, but I manage to keep a tight two handed grip and don't loose my weapon. Go me? Now I gotta do something about it because Kassandra had a point. Running away from a centuries old Immortal that had more stamina then a herd of horses, was going to take little the baby Immortal of two years old head from her neck if I didn't do something about it.

So I decide to play dirty and kick Kassandra in the gut to buy me some room, and time (seconds are precious in this sorta fight), since I parried her sword away from my body. I would like to thank Kassandra for making a mess of the chairs and table behind her. It made for better tripping material then my pathetic display of miss-fu earlier. I got my opening though. So who cares if it were sloppy. My offensive counter that came slicing through the air horizontally towards Kassandra's neck, however, sure as fuck wasn't...

Kassandra
Dec 29th, 2009, 01:55:03 PM
Centuries of training had given Kassandra muscles like stood taut like steel beneath her pale flesh. Yet as she parried, halting the momentum of Michele's attack, she still felt a tremor of instability run through her forearms.

“You're getting stronger,” she noted, her eyes - dancing with fire - locking on the younger Immortal's as she forced the girl's blade back the way it had come from.

Michele Hawkins
Dec 30th, 2009, 03:29:02 PM
A boy! A compliment followed by death coming at me. Weee! Sigh. Thankfully a duck as Kassandra tries to come at me and I spring into action. There was enough power in my thighs to use the kitchen floor as a spring board and tackle Kassanda in the gut and onto the mess of chairs and table behind her. It wasn't pretty, but hell, this was me fighting for my life here! Who gives a shit how messy my offense was as long as I got the job done.

Kassandra
Jan 24th, 2010, 10:29:26 AM
It was a bold move, to throw a body tackle into the midst of a sword fight. It thrust both fighters into the inner rings of their defences, and rendered them unable to use their blades to their fullest potential. Rather than trying to gain herself the space needed to execute something with finesse, Kassandra opted for using the hilt of her sword as a blunt weapon, smacking the butt of it hard against Michele's forehead.

Michele Hawkins
Feb 16th, 2010, 07:47:16 AM
Oh look at the wonderful burst of stars. Muther Fuckin' OW! Perhaps my frontal assault was a bad idea. I stumble backwards and I know that sword is coming for me soon after. I did just give her all that damn space for a nice counter didn't I? Shit.

I manage to poke one eye open as I slam into the fridge, hopefully in time to block whatever hellfire is heading my way. Right now things are blurry through the wetness around my eyes that came from the pain...