PDA

View Full Version : How are you bringing in the New Year?

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 21st, 2009, 12:37:53 PM
Anyone have anything exciting planned? Do you have any resolutions? (And did you stick to last years ;))

Emelie Shadowstar
Dec 21st, 2009, 12:47:47 PM
No resolutions... I know better.

:D However... New Years Eve I'm going and seeing Flogging Molly with a giant group of friends at what is pretty much my favorite venue in LA. I'm... so excited.

Serrena Alcine
Dec 21st, 2009, 12:59:14 PM
I am due to ring in the New Year with a tradition among my friends and I - tasty food, alcohol, and role-playing. Most likely Cthulu, or perhaps Mekton :)

Droo
Dec 21st, 2009, 01:20:00 PM
I really have no plans. I'm tempted to stay in, chill out, drink a little, eat a little, listen to some music, play some games or watch some TV, whatever... I just don't think I can stand queueing up for thirty minutes everytime I want a drink plus I find myself always disappointed and irritated at one thing or other. The tedium of the crowds and the half-arsed muttering of Auld Lang Syne, it's like a night out just with all the bad bits magnified. House parties are the way to do it but sadly I know no-one having one. So I'm inclined to do things my way this year but who knows, I'll probably end up cold and drunk and annoyed. :grumble

As for my resolution to learn how to cook, I got stuck into it, quite enthusiastically and tried out a variety of different dishes over the course of the year but admittedly, my productivity and progress for an entire year is pretty poor. How people cook, and I mean really cook, and still have the bare-faced cheek to claim that by cooking from scratch using fresh quality ingredients is cheaper than alternative quicker means is beyond me. From my experience of shopping to make nice family meals and breaking the bank doing so, I can only assume that those who cook like this all the time spend their monthly income on little else other than food. Now I'm sure there's a whole host of people who will disagree and what have you but seriously, cooking a quality dinner for four was tearing my wallet to shreds.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 21st, 2009, 01:35:15 PM
Droo, come up norf and we can have a house party!

Darth Turbogeek
Dec 21st, 2009, 02:54:41 PM
Fuck 2009, I'm sleeping and forgetting the sad sorry year ever happened.

Shadow Storm
Dec 21st, 2009, 03:02:02 PM
I'm resolving to still be alive by the end of 2010. I'm also resolving to lose 10% of my weight, and keep it off, plus get a job.

I'd like to lose 50% and get a well paying job, but for now I'll stick to the minimums.

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 21st, 2009, 04:32:47 PM
Heading up to the Albany area to party it up. Unless I get put on the weekend team at work for new years weekend. *worried*

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 21st, 2009, 09:43:10 PM
Sleeping, cuz I have to work the next day

Tear
Dec 21st, 2009, 10:06:15 PM
Being as Sinful as possible. It will be a good new year.

Crusader
Dec 22nd, 2009, 05:14:48 AM
Being as Sinful as possible. It will be a good new year.

^A great resolution: I guess I will join this noble cause.

I will be at a house/birthday party at my best friend's and it will be completly awkward since he and his new girlfriend are celebrating together and I had a somekind of relationship with his current girlfriend this summer that was rather "sinful" than a real relationship. So there is a little bit of tension there.

My resolutions for this year were:
-Try to have a relationship with a girl that is not fucked up...epic fail
-lose weight and I so I did go from 77kg to 68kg
-Stop playing it save and being more impulsive. That worked out great for me and I think I will stick to it. I made a lot more decisions with my stomach instead of always being rational:

For example I chose the topic for my diploma paper although it was one of the hardest without any guarantee of success but now I succeeded having good results 2 months earlier than expected.

For next year the resoultions are pretty much the same:
-try to find a more romantic relationship than the last one
-maintain weight and maybe add some muscles
-more decisions with my stomach
-get a cool job and move out of my parents house
-learn ironing

Lady Vader
Dec 23rd, 2009, 01:32:20 AM
I'm bringing in the new year by having quit my job today to stay home and raise my baby boy. (Because we all know I'd NEVER let someone else raise him.) :)

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 24th, 2009, 05:51:08 AM
I still don't have any plans for New Years Eve... :uhoh

Callomas Savoc
Dec 26th, 2009, 12:25:14 AM
Drunk, passed out somewhere.

Caran V'al Counis
Dec 26th, 2009, 12:58:00 AM
Yeah. Probably just stuck at home like every other night. :(

Blade Bacquin
Dec 26th, 2009, 08:52:46 AM
Well let's see i took five whole days off for new years. So what am i going to do with those five days absolutely freaking nothing except a little of this and a little of that and some drinking on the eve itself.

Callista
Dec 26th, 2009, 02:22:59 PM
There's supposed to be a gathering of people I might be attending...not sure though. Otherwise I won't be doing anything xD Which, I'm pretty okay with either way.

Mu Satach
Dec 26th, 2009, 05:46:05 PM
Going to be social this year. Planning on attending a little gathering with some new friends. Don't know what to expect, but there's dress theme with the invite - we are to come dressed in black, white and silver can be casual or formal. Should be interesting.

Aree Ankarta
Dec 26th, 2009, 06:32:18 PM
No plans for the night in question. YET. Who knows with my folks - they might end up having invited half the town over.

No resolutions other than striving to get a full-time job at my school.

Danni Reyok
Dec 27th, 2009, 12:21:20 AM
New year is going to roll in with a big, fat house party with the parents and such.

...My resolution is promising to come out of my year hibernation and write some stories. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 31st, 2009, 12:00:00 PM
Happy New Year for later (or earlier!) everyone :)

Invicta Gaultier
Dec 31st, 2009, 01:02:47 PM
Still early here in Boston! :)

But a very Happy New Year to you, honey! *noms & hugs*

Droo
Dec 31st, 2009, 04:04:02 PM
So I decided to stay in this year and swerve the festivities. I'm quite happy with this decision, it's something different and for once, I'm doing what I want to do. I'm chilling out with a few beers, some munchies, and good music. The new year begins for me tomorrow, not tonight. :)

Darth Turbogeek
Dec 31st, 2009, 04:07:27 PM
Oh hi 2010. Now shutup about the fireworks

Yog
Dec 31st, 2009, 06:31:27 PM
Happy New Year, all! :)

Kira Draykin
Dec 31st, 2009, 08:51:54 PM
Just opened a bottle of Jack with three hours ten minutes of 2009 left to go.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 31st, 2009, 09:33:11 PM
Staying at home with the kids and an already sleeping husband.

:)

Happy new year all yous.

p.s. DT I heard they blew up half of Sidney [with fireworks] to celebrate, t/f ?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 31st, 2009, 10:26:00 PM
Holy crappo it's Danni!!! :hug

Im getting drunk!!

Kira Draykin
Dec 31st, 2009, 10:27:32 PM
Staying at home with the kids and an already sleeping husband.

^ talk about a party animal not that I'm much better.

1 hour thirty left to go here.

Ilias Nytrau
Dec 31st, 2009, 11:17:50 PM
Uh... drinking. At home. :lol

Sanis Prent
Dec 31st, 2009, 11:22:58 PM
Jewish beer, because I pledge to be a true mensch in 2010. L'chaim!

Kira Draykin
Dec 31st, 2009, 11:23:04 PM
feeling good 40 minutes to go about.

Darth Turbogeek
Dec 31st, 2009, 11:54:03 PM
p.s. DT I heard they blew up half of Sydney [with fireworks] to celebrate, t/f ?

Standard operating procedure.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 31st, 2009, 11:54:41 PM
Was there an elmo involved?

Kira Draykin
Jan 1st, 2010, 12:01:05 AM
Happy 2010 everyone from US central time.

Darth Turbogeek
Jan 1st, 2010, 01:09:35 AM
Was there an elmo involved?

No, just a letterbox