PDA

View Full Version : Rebellion!

Reshmar
Nov 7th, 2009, 07:23:15 PM
OK the IMps are worried about taking over planets and throwing fleets at us. That's cool and all but we don't have the manpower or the ships to mess with that.

OK I have cooked up something truly rebellious. As the new empress has taken over, splinter groups of the empire have grown dis-satisfied and complacent.

I mean to turn a few of the more powerful imperial members who are not as "on-board" with the new government of the new Imperial leaders. A good old imperial civil war is what is needed to keep the rebellion alive at this time.

My idea - I need a special forces team to get access to imperial shipping records and convoy routes of these Imperial groups on the verge of splintering.

Then I need the transponder codes of 3 star destroyers which are known and active in the empresses new fleet.

Third fleet has two Imperial MKII and one MKI which have been captured in the last three years. I want to disguise the ships as ships under the command of the Imperials and attack a few small convoys and settlements under the territory of the Imperial commanders to teeter them over the edge and into rebellion. I want the imperials to seem as if they are making an example of these imperial moffs, governors, and commanders. Then watch as the Empress has to explain why a ship in her new empire has attacked them and feed the already suspicious Imperials.

This opens up a lot of open ended options for both the Rebels and the Imperials to use as settings for writing.

anyway that's my idea whacha think?

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 8th, 2009, 01:59:38 AM
I really like it! Sounds like it will be fun

Captain Untouchable
Nov 8th, 2009, 03:24:27 AM
Sounds awesome!

Can't speak for certain, but I'd assume that Dorn Force would be up for something like this - if Alliance Intel is happy accepting a little back-up, that is. :)

Estelle Russard
Nov 8th, 2009, 04:37:51 PM
Thumbs up on this idea.
Count the spies in.

Kyran O'Hurn
Jan 3rd, 2010, 01:07:56 PM
Been a while since I logged into this account so missed this thread when it started.

Not sure if Reshmar's around, but any interest in moving forward with this idea/

Reshmar
Jan 4th, 2010, 11:41:19 AM
It is still in planning. I am using the Kashyyyk story to introduce The Triumphant and get my general Forlon character in the mix. He will be the one working on this since Reshmar has another issue to deal with.

As for the operation I need spec ops to steal the transponder codes for 3 Imperial Star Destroyers. We have 3 captured Imp stars' two MkII and one MkI' I intend to cause the Imps trouble with.

I also have some new ship designs which will act as commerce raiders. three old trade fed Luecrehulk battleships which will use massive fighter complaments to make hit and run attacks on Imperial convoys. and I brought in the MC80m for spec ops to use as platforms to launch their missions. They are faster than anything else in its class and can maneuver like a corvette and armed good enough to fight off anything long enough to out run it.

So the tools are there all we need to do is think like pirates.