PDA

View Full Version : Halloween - What are YOU going to be?

Mandy with an I
Oct 2nd, 2009, 07:30:14 PM
Well?

I have to make my costume this year, but an idea came to me while we were shopping! I'll be wearing it to my mums party this year and maybe to work if I have a shift on Halloween. (pic is my idea - simple, yet awesome!)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 2nd, 2009, 10:07:47 PM
..pregnant.

I think.

Mandy with an I
Oct 2nd, 2009, 10:47:55 PM
One of our dogs will be.....THE BATMAN!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2556/3975616787_08380f09b1.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2497/3975617061_f3ee7c62ed.jpg

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 3rd, 2009, 04:38:19 AM
I don't know if I'm even going out.. no one seems interested this year :(

Captain Untouchable
Oct 3rd, 2009, 05:22:50 AM

Ditto. :(

I haven't done Halloween in years - guess that's what I get for picking a uni course populated by nerds with no social life. >_<

Nathanial K'cansce
Oct 3rd, 2009, 07:53:47 AM
We started a trend with me being Rick Morranis characters last year... this year I was suppose to go as Dark Helmet. But I have neither the time, drive, or money to put into a costume such as that. I honestly don't know what I'll be this year. If anything at all. =/

Oh, just remembered a convo from yesterday... people at work wanna dress up as willy wonka and the chocolate factory characters. And they picked me as Charlie.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 4th, 2009, 04:03:11 AM

Ditto. :(

I haven't done Halloween in years - guess that's what I get for picking a uni course populated by nerds with no social life. >_<

Whaaat? Nerds with no social life do the best Halloween costumes ever!

Captain Untouchable
Oct 4th, 2009, 06:05:37 AM
Whaaat? Nerds with no social life do the best Halloween costumes ever!

Not if they're Physics nerds. Especially Astronomy ones. They aren't allowed outside at night, for fear that they'll be driven insane by the light pollution in cities, and the inability to see stars.

One of my course mates tried to bite his way through a lamp post in a fit of rage. True story.

Shadow Storm
Oct 4th, 2009, 01:31:10 PM
About the only costume I have is Haggrad. If it still fits, that is. :\

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 4th, 2009, 01:32:35 PM
I'm going as a factory worker :p

Crusader
Oct 5th, 2009, 07:13:36 AM
...drunk at a birthday party!

Crusader
Oct 5th, 2009, 07:15:49 AM
..pregnant.

I think.

You could dress up as mother earth then and use the cute little Owen as your moon.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 5th, 2009, 08:13:52 AM
I might go as a Dark Knight inspired Poison Ivy, since I think the only people I know who are going out are doing the Joker and Arkham Asylum style Harley

Mitch
Oct 5th, 2009, 08:28:03 AM
I'm going to be Billy Mays.

No, not a zombie Billy Mays, just a regular Billy Mays.

General Dan
Oct 6th, 2009, 09:22:16 PM
I'm going as The Dude, assuming I can afford a thrift store run.

Shadow Storm
Oct 27th, 2009, 02:30:39 PM
Might be a little late to act on them, but I have a few Halloween Costume ideas to share, and if you guys have any ideas to share, feel free to do so.

Idea#1: Horror-ized Smokey Bear
Standard Smokey Bear, but with bloody fangs in place of teeth and a blood and dirt covered shovel as a companion.

Idea#2: Horror-ized Barney
Standard Pink Barney, but with bloody fangs in place of teeth, and a fake bloody child's hand sticking out of his mouth. Maybe add red glowing eyes that activate when a recording of his "love" song starts playing.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 27th, 2009, 02:38:00 PM
Fortunately, my friends have pulled through and it looks like I will be going out after all (as Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction :cool)

Ryan Pode
Oct 27th, 2009, 09:18:04 PM
I am going as an MiB agent. Because I am lazy. And the costume meets my requirements.

Mandy with an I
Oct 27th, 2009, 11:02:04 PM
I won Most Original Costume at my mums party as Towelie :D Go me.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 31st, 2009, 05:39:54 AM
Happy Halloween, everyone :D If you're getting costumed-up, make sure you take some pics!

Nathanial K'cansce
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:23:44 AM
I think I decided on the bat signal.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 31st, 2009, 10:26:34 AM
...youre going as the bat signal?

Nathanial K'cansce
Oct 31st, 2009, 11:00:49 AM
Well, I have a shirt that has the bat signal on it. Does that count? Might even jerryrig a bottle cap attached to a wire string that is attached to my belt, and have it pointing to the shirt. :-D

Yog
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:44:46 AM
And damage reports yet? Who got tricked or treated? Who dressed up? Who got drunk etc.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 1st, 2009, 05:57:41 AM
I had a great time! I went out with a group dressed as: Nancy Spungen, Geri 'Ginger Spice' Halliwell, Dorothy Gale, Alex DeLarge and Wolverine :D There were a lot of excellent costumes at the club we went to - including some BioShock splicers, Ken from Street Fighter, the obligatory Pyramid Head - and even someone else with the same costume as me... though she didn't have a syringe jammed into her chest so it wasn't quite as effective ;)

http://twitpic.com/nqn5b

Seems like the costume went down well though.. I had a lot of people asking about the syringe (which was just sticky-taped to my chest) and even people who wanted pictures taken with me. Drank one too many 'dracula blood' shots (whatever they were...) and now feeling slightly groggy, but good times were had.

..although I did forget to carve my giant pumpkin >_<

Miranda Tarkin
Nov 1st, 2009, 06:27:13 AM
awesome... and you have the syringe in your chest XD priceless

Yog
Nov 1st, 2009, 07:58:19 AM
Awesome costume with the syringe and all. Although, in case anyone wish to stab themselves or their beloved others with an adrenaline syringe.. the heart is on the other side! :p

E: Oh wait, never mind. It is reversed in the mirror!

The Original BuffJedi
Nov 1st, 2009, 09:36:30 AM
What a Halloween!!I went as kanye west....and right before the kids said Trick or treat..I yelled Christmas is better..it was so much fun ...I'll post pictures later.

Yeah, yeah..it's played out ;)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 1st, 2009, 11:15:06 AM
No kids came by the house so now I've got a load of candy to take to folks at work.

Nathanial K'cansce
Nov 1st, 2009, 12:22:07 PM
Got spooky-drunk and may have dyed my friend's hair black. And in my defense before she kills me, she told me to!

Tear
Nov 1st, 2009, 01:17:52 PM
Awesome costume

Aye, nice one Dasq!

Nya Halcyon
Nov 1st, 2009, 02:11:05 PM
I sent Nya off to call on the neighbours, and while she was out, prepared the yard to have a blazing bonfire in the centre of it, and some old torches I found in the basement I stuck into the various dried-out plant pots my dad hadn't disposed off yet, so the driveyard was transformed into something of a corridor of torches leading on to the bonfire... then I put on my most gruesome witch costume, complete with nasty wooden mask, and hid in a dark corner... everyone walking down that yard got a nasty surprise - followed by a good one cos they were all allowed to roast marshmallows and eat oatmeal cookies....

The look on Nya's face was priceless when she came back home and found the yard transformed like that... and the neighbour's kids are now truly convinced I'm a real witch :evil

Mandy with an I
Nov 1st, 2009, 08:24:26 PM
^ Damn, I want to go to your house for Halloween! That's awesome :D

Nya Halcyon
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:15:47 PM
First time I did anything like that - only reason I could was because my folks weren't home. Usually my dad would make all kinds of fuss about "abusing" his yard, especially for a "unnatural" tradition like Halloween. Meaning cos it's no local tradition to celebrate Halloween - the Germans from around these parts decided long ago to celebrate their version of "Allerheiligen" (lit. transl.: All Saints Day, 1st of November)) by putting fresh flowers and candles on family graves and pretending to think of dead family members by forcing the whole family to stand around the grave(s) at the cemetary for an hour or two. Usually this is fun for no one but the grownups who use these occasions to pass critique on the various graves' conditions, and have a good, long chat with whoever else turns up.

And they wonder why Halloween got picked up so thoroughly by the kids here?!?!?

Kassandra Distorith
Nov 2nd, 2009, 02:48:24 PM
I had such epic plans to go to a hockey game, wearing a pair fangs and a shredded jersey with bloodstains...my car disagreed with me, so instead I sat at home and watched a Ghost Hunters marathon with my cat.