PDA

View Full Version : Integrity

Tionne Thanewulf
Sep 25th, 2009, 04:02:24 PM
‘’Tionne, this is not the end. Your road begins where mine ends.’’

The sentence reverberated inside Tionne’s cranium in a perpetual loop, the tone of her Master’s voice as vivid as if they spoke only yesterday when he placed her inside her carbonite sarcophagus, cutting her out of the potent flux of the Force in a desperate attempt to salvage her life like she did with her student a few weeks prior. The last thing she remembered was Demitri’s calm face; he smiled knowingly, as if having more insight into the cosmic game of fate than she did. His last words carved themselves deeply into her memory, together with reminiscence of her family and friends, fellow Jedi and her only apprentice. None of it faded, but were only amplified and relived as her Corellian student wove her consciousness into his dream, forming a bridge between two entities that had been severed with her awakening. Having lost her only connection with Klo-Ude, Tionne was devastated. A lightsaber and photographic recollection of her past were her sole possessions at this point in time; by many she would be considered poor, even more so as images flashed on the viewport, displaying the Galactic Chronicles of recorded history in the past twenty five years.

Reports of the Purge swarmed the screen, Imperial propaganda, anthropocentric terror and installation of the New Order that forever changed the face of the galaxy. The aeon-old Republic disintegrated in a matter of months under the weight of backstage games, strings pulled by forces far out of the grasp and comprehension of the Jedi. Shortsighted and self-absorbed, the Order crumbled down together with the Republic, suffocated in the blood of younglings.

‘’Snorr Thanewulf executed for grand treason; Jedi Knight Harald Thanewulf to be publically executed tomorrow for an attempt of aiding a convict escape.’’ was one of the holonet headlines that flew across the screen. Tionne crossed her arms over her chest, legs spread wide apart. Pride overwhelmed her; her father had not defected to the Empire. Her grandfather came to save his son, the son he rejected for being different, for not being Force-sensitive. Tionne had yet to prove she was worthy to be a descendant of such a bloodline. There would be no grief, no mourning, no tears. Only endless effort to honor the family name.

‘’Computer. End sequence.’’ the redhead commanded, now staring into the endless starfield that spanned across the entire viewport of the assembly chamber of the Whaladon. A few silent moments passed before the Coruscanti glanced over her shoulder to the table where she had left her lightsaber, unsure whether the weapon would ever be picked up by her hand again.
It was far too heavy now.

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 26th, 2009, 06:20:40 PM
It seemed that when you least expect it, the Force would surprise you in a new way that you couldn't have possibly guessed. Her mission was one of a nomad Knight, trying to enlighten herself within the Force, while avoiding the Empire's wrath. She was then the hunted and eventually shocked as the hunter became friend and mentor, allowing the truth of her heritage to be revealed. After a culmination of understanding and acceptance, Navaria Tarkin had simply become a servant of the Force, abiding it's prodding with a conscious effort to bring Light back to the galaxy. It was how she became part of the Jedi stragglers on board the Whaladon.

And now she was following the calling of her heart and it led her outside the door where a lone Jedi was inside the empty assembly chamber attempting to regain lost time. She took a moment to reflect before entering, sensing a heavy burden weighing down her mind briefly. But it was soon gone. It was just a general glimpse into the intricate mind of a lost Jedi.

She had not been asked to come by the Rebellion, but after hearing that it had been no more then three hours since this Jedi had been freed of her carbonate prison, Navaria felt the urge to seek this woman out.

The doors to the assembly chamber opened and gingerly, the Jedi entered. At the very center of the room sat the rigid form of a red-headed woman. Her back was to Navaria at present, but it was clear her focus was upon the lone piece of equipment on the table - a lightsaber.

Navaria was hesitant to speak or intrude further until invited by the other Jedi. Her mere presence was enough to indicate that she was no longer alone long before those doors had opened. When she was ready to speak or if she felt a shift in the other woman's aura, Navaria would wait patiently to be addressed.

Tionne Thanewulf
Sep 27th, 2009, 10:35:26 AM
The yet untarnished electrum hilt lay still on the table, the polished handle almost as luminescent as the blade that hid within. Equipped with the infamous Solari crystals incarcerated into a cylinder she inherited from her grandfather, the saber itself was an iconic symbol of the Jedi Order that was no longer. Forged in times of prosperity, used in times of turmoil, it was nothing more than a pretty exhibit worthy of a museum collection. Even the weapon's bearer, the Coruscanti-born Jedi Knight was not the same person, beliefs deeply shaken by events preceding her congealment. However, there was a connection to be felt, keeping Tionne's eyes in tight lock with the cylinder even when her senses told her she was alone no longer.

''Emotion, yet peace. But we were still expected to feel. Ignorance, yet knowledge. But we were still supposed to learn. Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony... Death, yet the Force. Killing one so that another may live...'' Tionne voiced solemnly and turned, lifting her gaze from her weapon to meet the warm, comforting gaze of the other woman.
''A difficult path to walk for a mere human, not?'' she inquired, furrowing a ginger brow as Tionne rose from her seat to introduce herself.
''I am Tionne Thanewulf, Jedi Knight of the Galactic Republic. Watchman of Corellia and its sector. But titles are redundant in this place, are they not?''

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 29th, 2009, 11:23:32 AM
She received the introduction with a somber smile and began to descend to the middle of the auditorium, "Perhaps but a scant few months ago you may have been correct, but now with so many of us seeking each, such titles are beginning to have meaning once again, even in the times we are now."

Stopping at a respectable distance, the Jedi lowered her head, "Tionne Thanewulf, it is still an honor to meet you."

Raising her head once more, she relaxed in her stance. Scant hours to fully come to terms with the decades that have passed seemed impossible, and the Master wondered how long her presence would be welcomed. "I'm Navaria Tarkin, Jedi Master aboard this agglomeration of Force Users and Jedi within the Wheel."

It had taken her months to finally accept that her ability within the Force was far beyond the current means of those beings present, as Daria often pointed it out. It still felt strange being some sort of inspiration and guidance, since she was still so young herself still. At least her name wasn't looked upon with disdain any longer. She had proven her valor as an instrument of Light, though most of the galaxy still were in awe and suspicion of the Tarkin on the Imperial throne. Of course, such things meant nothing to the Jedi Knight standing before her.

Tionne Thanewulf
Oct 3rd, 2009, 01:40:53 PM
''I know who you are.'' the Knight retorted dolefully, her tone void of any signs of judgement or disapproval. Tionne had learned that her beloved democracy and constitutional freedom were replaced by a absolutist monarchy that called itself the Galactic Empire, with Empress bearing the same surname as this particular Jedi. Despite her foreseeing such an outcome, it nevertheless saddened her greatly. As images flew through her mind, Tionne reminisced of holorecording of Miranda's coronation and sighed deeply, closing her eyes for the briefest of moments when her palm pressed against her temples.

The weight of the of the Tarkin cognomen was to be felt in the room, pressure almost tangible under the shackles of the legacy her sibling had sworn to continue. As paths diverged, bonds would be tested. The redhaired Jedi knew this, having witnessed most trustworthy friends betray one another, while most peculiar allegiances emerged. In turbulent times - like these and the ones Tionne had fought her way through - unlikely allies were the only allies at ones disposal. Navaria Tarkin was a Jedi; even the apparently most tainted pearl was valuable when there were so few. Distrust still loitered within the Coruscanti as her perennial flaw, one she failed to correct. But her scepticism had little to do with Navaria's heritage, but mostly with the fact that she was human. And most humans were a shifty kind, Jedi or not.

''But we are more than the sum of our integral parts, are we not, Master Tarkin?'' Tionne voiced reassuringly, burying her doubts deeply within her being, far beyond threshold of empathic detection. Her eyes shot open and fell to the hilt that lay idly on the table.
''Out of all the places in the universe, out of all the beings in the galaxy... I was woken by one of our kind. Quite remarkable...given there are so few Jedi around...'' she commented more to herself then anybody else. Her gaze was raised, face plastering with resolve. Laments were futile.

''How many?'' Tionne asked simply, intertwining fingers before her in a contemplative pose, fleshy lips stretching into a thin line. Grace transformed into fortitude meshed with intent.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 4th, 2009, 07:17:01 AM
At least it confirmed that within the last few hours, the Jedi Knight was up to speed on current, and disappointing events. To wake up and realize that everything you had fought for, everything that your being entailed was destroyed and morphed into a galaxy ruled by tyranny under the guise of order ... well, it was the reason why the Jedi Master was here to begin with. Only so many questions could be answered by holo-news feeds.

Her head shifted at the question, knowing the confirmed number of Jedi and or Force Users that were present aboard the Wheel and what the compilation of information had gleaned. "Several dozen have made their way here and it continues to grow monthly. Unfortunately the Rebellion can only provide us with speculation and rumors as to how many more of us are out there."

She sighed heavily. "It is proving difficult to deduce what is truth and what is an exorbitant story blown out of proportion. The Inquisitors are the source of much trepidation as they are specifically trained in hunting Jedi. With the new Empress' campaign against us, more citizens have quieted their tongues."

Navaria had come to terms with her Sister's position some time ago - the pain it had stirred in knowing that you and your twin were on opposing sides of the spectrum. Meditation served to gain insight on a way to bridge their gap, but their shared blood could only carry the weight of any argument for so long. Empress and Jedi did not mix, but Tarkin was still determined to find a way to save her sister's soul.

Tionne Thanewulf
Oct 4th, 2009, 03:44:25 PM
''Deduction has hardly anything to do with it, Master Tarkin. We are not commoners, thus our senses should not be blinded by propaganda. All we need to do is feel. And let the Force guide us to those who wish to dedicate their life to a just cause.'' the redhead retorted, rising to her feet. It was hardly a lecture, but the Knight made sure it did not sound like one nevertheless, adjusting her tone and facial expression accordingly. Thanewulf was hardly impressed by titles, but she always respected those with more advanced mastery of the Force, greater wisdom or seniority. With the weight of experience on her shoulders, the Coruscanti felt compelled to speak about this.

''I see the Inquisitors are still the shadow that blocks out the sun.'' the Knight stated and made a few steps towards the viewport, her gaze falling to the starfield that lay ahead.

''Then we should not rely on the tongues of the citizens, or the Alliance Intelligence for that matter. We have relied on others far too many times in the past. It is a mistake we could not afford to make again, Master Tarkin. Tell me...do you teach?''
Her gaze flicked towards Navaria, a glister of hope in Tionne's stone coloured eyes.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 9th, 2009, 08:15:48 AM
"And it is their presence that partially clouds the Force," she cautioned. "I've attempted much divination and find that the Dark Side is still ever reaching. It is not solely propaganda that is blinding us."

Hours of research and meditation provided slim leads at best. The Jedi were amassing slowly. The Light was growing steadily and brighter, but in the galactic balance, sides were still tipped in favor of the Dark power residing in the Core.

"And to be fair, if not for this Alliance, we would not have been so fortunate enough to have many of us come out from hiding. They are still scared, surely you can sense that? But this place offers hope and as we walked amongst them, they are given a renewed sense of hope." But the reality of their situation was not lost upon anyone living aboard the Wheel. At any moment, it could fall apart. Some expected a Star Destroyer to appear any day now.

"And yes, I do," she answered. "Though I've yet to take a Padawan on formally."

Tionne Thanewulf
Oct 9th, 2009, 08:55:07 AM
The Knight rubbed her chin, her steel gaze growing more contemplative. Rocking back in the tall chair, her ankle found its way onto her knee, perfectly polished black boots ornamented with silver buckles showing, a highly unusual footwear for a warrior of the Light. Then again, hardly anything about Thanewulf was conventional.

''Good.'' the redhead replied simply, acknowledging Navaria's efforts to teach with a nod. Erudition was worthless if it were not passed down to younger generations of Jedi; through teaching about the Force and other aspects of the life of the Jedi one furthered their own enlightment, reaching new levels of understanding of reality. For the briefest of moments, Tionne remembered her first and only student so far, reminiscing the long way he traversed from being a complete prick to a formidable candidate for a Jedi Knight. A part of her wondered if she could ever induce such a process again, perchance in an even more challenging candidate.

''Back in the day, following the end of the Clone Wars...'' the Coruscanti began, chasing all thoughts of Klo-Ude away ''...when the Jedi Purge began - Palpatine established the Inquisitoriate to hunt down the rest of the Jedi that were scattered across the galaxy. Some of them were given a choice - to either join the Dark Side or be executed. I know for a fact that not one single Watchman has joined the Inquisitoriate. Why? We were trained in Force powers that granted us invisibility in the Force, thus we remained even intangible for the most potent of Darksiders. If other of our Jedi colleagues had not betrayed us, a great deal of Watchmen would have survived.''

Intertwining fingers before her, Thanewulf continued her disposition.
''If we wish to give hope to our young, then we need to teach them to suppress, or at least partially suppress their signatures in the Force. This art was considered insignificant by the Old Order, but it proved efficient in times that followed its disintegration. This way the Inquisitoriate would have trouble finding us, even more so as our numbers grow, thus amplifying our presence in the Force. Would you agree with me, Master Tarkin?''
The question was lucid and direct - Tionne meant business.
''Also, is there anything you wish to ask me?'' the Knight added, the smallest of smiles creeping up to her face, nevertheless earnest.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 17th, 2009, 11:18:36 AM
She sighed sadly, but not because of the reality of threat the Inquisitors continue to hold till this day. It was illuminating to hear more of their roots, but the sadness was based on something else.

"Knight Thanewulf, as I do not disagree to your suggestion, I wish to take a moment to shift the conversation." The Master took a breath and smiled tenderly, "The Force does not challenge us with ordeals will cannot over come. It appears that you are adapting with the new galaxy you have awakened too, already throwing yourself into repairing what had been destroyed, and there is no doubt your wisdom is appreciative. As admirable as it is, have are you feeling?"

Her eyes matched concerned heard within her voice. "But scant hours ago, you awaken from carbon freezing. Physically, I know you are well but what of the rest that makes Thanewulf whole? There hasn't been much time for reflection and orientation to the present. I worry if you delve into healing our Jedi, you will have no chance to heal yourself."

Tionne Thanewulf
Oct 24th, 2009, 12:02:00 PM
What makes Thanewulf whole...

The thought resonated within Tionne's cranium, reminiscing of days long gone but not forgotten. She missed her student, her Master, her calling as a Watchman; to wake in a world of chaos, into a tortured, war-ridden galaxy was not pleasant. Still, one could not afford to be down-hearted, let alone optimistic. Her zeal towards restoration might have been a tad overstated, so the Knight decided to diminish it within feasible, realistic frames.

''I'm not intending to change the course of history, Master Tarkin.'' the Jedi stated at lenght, her face plastering with austerity and resolute alike. Her intention was measured, steel-gray irises speaking volumes of her confidence and fortitude. Understanding reality was one thing, complying with it another; surely, this Jedi Master would have to agree with that. Or did Tarkin grow too comfortable in the shackles the Empire intended for the Jedi? Even if so, it was not a reason to condemn forthcoming generations of Jedi to a life of exile.

''I'm well aware of our current position, our current allies. And this cognizance fortifies my belief in the Jedi as the key factor if restoration of the Republic should take place. If it should take place.''
The last part of the sentence was stressed as a ginger brow was knowingly lifted, Tionne's eyes pasted to Navaria's bronze orbs.

''I have already seen democracy crumble under the weight of corruption. An egalitarian system in theory, but its manifestation in practice was far from perfect. Thus I am reluctant to claim I wish to restore what once was. Not so sure if it is possible, as well as desirable. In the end - it has to be will of the people, not a will of my own.'' she lectured, her tone mild and void of any patronizing tinge. Her hand extended to the table where her hilt was to be found, fragile palm wrapping around the luminescent cylinder once again.

''Ultimately, the will of the Force.'' she finalized, clipping her saber to her belt.
''And as for me - I'll live.'' the redhead offered briefly, having no need to externalize emotions at this point in time. They remained incarcerated in her inner universe, far from the flux of her conscious judgement.