PDA

View Full Version : Medical Sillies

Miranda Tarkin
Sep 25th, 2009, 10:41:07 AM
So I had this forwarded to me by my Mother since she knew I was needing of some cheering up. I will post them here because this are awesome. Will say that there is a bit of some NWS here, but nothing too bad.

EMBARRASSING MEDICAL EXAMS
1. A man comes into the ER and yells . . . My wife's going to have her baby in the cab.' I grabbed my stuff, rushed out to the cab, lifted the lady's dress and began to take off her underwear. Suddenly I noticed that there were several cabs - - - and I was in the wrong one. Submitted by Dr. Mark MacDonald, San Francisco

2. At the beginning of my shift I placed a stethoscope on an elderly and slightly deaf female patient's anterior chest wall. 'Big breaths,'.20. . I instructed. 'Yes, they used to be,'. . replied the patient. Submitted by Dr. Richard Byrnes, Seattle , WA

3. One day I had to be the bearer of bad news when I told a wife that her husband had died of a massive myocardial infarct. Not more than five minutes later, I heard her reporting to the rest of the family that he had died of a 'massive internal fart.'
Submitted by Dr. Susan Steinberg

4. During a patient's two week follow-up appointment with his cardiologist, he informed me, his doctor, that he was having trouble with one of his medications.. ' Which one ?'. . . I asked. 'The patch...The Nurse told me to put on a new one every six hours and now I'm running out of places to put it !' I had him quickly undress and discovered what I hoped I wouldn't see. Yes, the man had over fifty patches on his body! Now, the instructions include removal of the old patch before applying a new one.
Submitted by Dr. Rebecca St. Clair, Norfolk , VA

5.. While acquainting myself with a new elderly patient, I asked, 'How long have you been bedridden?' After a look of complete confusion she answered . . . ' Why, not for about twenty years - when my husband was alive.'
Submitted by Dr. Steven Swanson- Corvallis , OR

6. I was performing rounds at the hospital one morning and while checking up on a man I asked . . .' So how's your breakfast this morning?' ' It's very good except for the Kentucky Jelly. I can't seem to get used to the taste.'. . . Bob replied. I then asked to see the jelly and Bob produced foil packet labeled 'KY Jelly.'
Submitted by Dr.. Leonard Kransdorf, Detroit , MI

7. A nurse was on duty in the Emergency Room when a young woman with purple hair styled into a punk rocker Mohawk, sporting a variety of tattoos, and wearing strange clothing, entered . . . It was quickly determined that the patient had acute appendicitis, so she was scheduled for immediate surgery.. When she was completely disrobed on the operating table, the staff noticed that her pubic hair had been dyed green and above it there was a tattoo that read . . .' Keep off the grass.' Once the surgery was completed, the surgeon wrote a short note on the patient's dressing,which said 'Sorry . . . had to mow the lawn.'
Submitted by RN no name

AND FINALLY!! ! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

8. As a new, young MD doing his residency in OB. I was quite embarrassed when performing female pelvic exams... To cover my embarrassment I had unconsciously formed a habit of whistling softly. The middle-aged lady upon whom I was performing this exam suddenly burst out laughing and further embarrassing me. I looked up from my work and sheepishly said. . . ' I'm sorry. Was I tickling you?'She replied with tears running down her cheeks from laughing so hard . . . ' No doctor but the song you were whistling was . . .' I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Wiener.' '
Dr. wouldn't submit his name....

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 25th, 2009, 10:48:14 AM
:lol massive internal fart

Mu Satach
Sep 25th, 2009, 10:52:18 AM
yes! I needed that :smokin

Mel Effect
Sep 25th, 2009, 12:21:41 PM
So whens the last time YOU were bedridden? XD

Tear
Sep 25th, 2009, 01:06:05 PM
Haha those were pretty good. Mow the lawn and Oscar meyer especially.:lol

General Dan
Sep 25th, 2009, 01:09:24 PM
7. A nurse was on duty in the Emergency Room when a young woman with purple hair styled into a punk rocker Mohawk, sporting a variety of tattoos, and wearing strange clothing, entered . . . It was quickly determined that the patient had acute appendicitis, so she was scheduled for immediate surgery.. When she was completely disrobed on the operating table, the staff noticed that her pubic hair had been dyed green and above it there was a tattoo that read . . .' Keep off the grass.' Once the surgery was completed, the surgeon wrote a short note on the patient's dressing,which said 'Sorry . . . had to mow the lawn.'
Submitted by RN no name

I've heard this one a lot and it's always funny.

Captain Untouchable
Sep 25th, 2009, 01:58:08 PM
This possibly NSFW picture seems appropriate, given the content of #7... clicky (http://data.blogg.de/jimmiz/images/lawnmower-pubic-tatoo.jpg)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 25th, 2009, 06:36:32 PM
>_< KENTUCKY JELLY AUGH!!!

:lol:lol

Miranda Tarkin
Sep 25th, 2009, 06:52:16 PM
These are .... unfortunately, for the most part all true >_>

You KNOW you are a nurse when :-

You believe that all bleeding stops ... eventually.

You find humor in other people's stupidity.

You believe that 90% of people are a poor excuse for protoplasm.

Discussing dismemberment over a gourmet meal seems perfectly normal to you.

Your idea of fine dining is anywhere you can sit down to eat.

You get an almost irresistible urge to stand and wolf your food even in the nicest restaurants.

You plan your dinner break whilst lavaging an overdose patient.

Your diet consists of food that has gone through more processing than most computers.

You believe chocolate is a food group.

You refer to vegetables and are not talking about a food group.

You have the bladder capacity of five people.

Your idea of a good time is a cardiac arrest at shift change.

You believe in aerial spraying of Prozac.

You disbelieve 90% of what you are told and 75% of what you see.

You have your weekends off planned for a year in advance.

You encourage an obnoxious patient to sign a self discharge form so you don't have to deal with them any longer.

You believe that "shallow gene pool" should be a recognized diagnosis.

You believe that the government should require a permit to reproduce.

You believe that unspeakable evils will befall anyone who utters the phrase "Wow, it's really quiet isn't it".

You threaten to strangle anyone who even starts to say the "q" word when it is even remotely calm.

You say to yourself "great veins" when looking at complete strangers at the grocery store.

You have ever referred to someone's death as a transfer to the "Eternal Care Unit".

You have ever wanted to hold a seminar entitled "Suicide ... Doing It Right".

You feel that most suicide attempts should be given a free subscription to "Guns and Ammo" magazine.

You have ever had a patient look you straight in the eye and say "I have no idea how that got stuck in there".

You have ever had to leave a patient's room before you begin to laugh uncontrollably.

Your favorite hallucinogen is exhaustion.

You think that caffeine should be available in I/V form.

You have ever restrained someone and it was not a sexual experience.

You believe the waiting room should be equipped with a Valium fountain.

You play poker by betting ectopics on ECG strips.

You want the lab to perform a "dumb shit profile".

You have been exposed to so many X-rays that you consider radiation a form of birth control.

You believe that waiting room time should be proportional to length of time from symptom onset.

Your most common assessment question is "what changed tonight to make it an emergency after 6 hours / days

Rutabaga
Sep 25th, 2009, 07:18:22 PM
Absolutely 100% true, each and every one of them!

stevenvdb
Sep 26th, 2009, 10:29:45 PM
This possibly NSFW picture seems appropriate, given the content of #7... clicky (http://data.blogg.de/jimmiz/images/lawnmower-pubic-tatoo.jpg)

Well, I think it's cute. :p