PDA

View Full Version : Back from the dead, and rather confused.

tomaszavenger
Sep 16th, 2009, 08:21:57 AM
I joined this site five years ago under another name, but left for a few reasons, because of time constraints mostly. I remember the old site, and it obviously has changed a lot from the one I knew. I'll state the obvious, I joined roughly 2004, if that helps. Not sure what month.
Could somebody outline the changes for me? The main roleplaying ones obviously, as well as the whole board structure.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant from, not form. Stupid headache.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 16th, 2009, 08:22:54 AM
Welcome back! :wave It's always cool to have old members return.

What was your name back in 2004?

tomaszavenger
Sep 16th, 2009, 08:23:59 AM
Trutkowski... I wasn't here long, I think it was a few days or so.

tomaszavenger
Sep 16th, 2009, 10:56:09 AM
So... really, what are the differences?

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 16th, 2009, 01:06:26 PM
Welcome back. :) The differences are probably that we reset to a standardized roleplaying timeline a few years ago, effectively resetting the RP universe.

We've added a wiki, which will answer specific timeline questions for you, and... I think that's about it? I have a hard time remembering what I was doing last week, let alone five years ago.

As far as board structure, our OOC forum was changed to the General Discussion forum and a separate RPing Discussion Forum. Also we added in a creative forum (Starving Artists). GJO was renamed The Jedi Enclave because of the timeline reset.

edit: Oh, also, if you're looking for old threads you may have posted in you'll need to check in http://www.sw-fans.net/archive/forum (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/../archive/forum) because we archived everything 6 months or older when we reset the RPing timeline to save on board costs.

tomaszavenger
Sep 20th, 2009, 09:08:18 AM
Thanks a lot... hopefully I'll enjoy my stay here.

Are all the initiation procedures the same for getting a character into a specific group?

I think I'll just try use the bio template from the wiki for the recruitment procedure. I hope it's the same as 2004. The whole new layout of this site is confusing me. XP

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 20th, 2009, 10:13:10 AM
there aren't really any initiation procedures persay - you just post what kind of character you'd like to play, and in which faction, then we see where would be most enjoyable (for us all!) to fit you in :)

if there's anything in particular about the layout that's confusing you, feel free to fire out some questions - all of the roleplaying group forums are together under a single category, though some of them have more sub-forums than others... which I suppose might be a little daunting :uhoh

If in doubt though, prod just about anyone and they'll point you in the right direction :)

tomaszavenger
Oct 4th, 2009, 10:18:35 AM
Thanks... I know I went a bit inactive for a while, but let's just say I made a massive mistake in life, and basically needed to isolate my existance for a while.

I'll probably be slow as a poster, but honestly... I don't feel whole as a person emotionally.

I'm not suicidal/emo/wannabe-emo or the like, it's difficult to explain. I just think it's a case of depression that will pass over the next few months.