PDA

View Full Version : Atari original HQ available.

stevenvdb
Aug 6th, 2009, 02:51:05 AM
Back when the Atari name meant something*, before and during the collapse of the gaming industry in the mid 80's and Atari's long-suffering bout of insanity, juxtaposed between some novel ideas that never saw the light of day because of rampant mismanagement and an attitude of cheapness and coasting on past success before innovation. (Some of the things being concocted in their research lab where years ahead of the rest of the industry.)

Gosh, that sounds harsh... I love Atari, I really do. I just wished they had been owned by a corporation and had a CEO in their later life that better understood what the gaming and computer users wanted.

Anyways, much of their original headquarters from their heyday is up for lease, subdivided into manageable chunks. ;)

http://www.rofo.com/building/CA/Sunnyvale/1196-Borregas-Avenue-37397.html

I wonder what the minimum lease term and amount is for one of their spaces. I'd love to hold a retro-gaming party there. :D EDIT: about $3500 a month...hmmm.

*Well, that was probably actually way back in '82 before Bushnell sold it off to Warner, but that's just my opinion. ;)