PDA

View Full Version : 25 Extremely Rare Star Wars photos

Drin Kizael
Jul 29th, 2009, 04:29:46 PM
This might bring a few grins to your faces...

http://www.manofest.com/Galleries/Geek/25-Extremely-Rare-Star-Wars-Photos/25-Extremely-Rare-Star-Wars-Photos_25-5377.html#joomimg

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 30th, 2009, 01:27:41 AM
Awww, that shot of them all smiling in the Falcon's cockpit :3

Tear
Jul 30th, 2009, 01:47:14 AM
Chewie grabbin boob is a good one too.:lol

stevenvdb
Jul 30th, 2009, 07:46:30 PM
Anything with the Wookiiee yucking it up with the crew is nice. It's a bit unfortunate that the only pics one really sees of C3PO are in a few staged publicity shots or an occasional still taken from on set. From his recollection that suit was an absolute killer to work in and Anthony would rush to get out of it, rehydrate and lay down for awhile. So there were not so many of him just kicking it about with the rest of the crew.

Sigh.

A real shame about the scarcity of these, as there were probably 100's , 1000's of shots more that as SW junkies, aspiring film craft folks, many of us would find a lot more engaging and intimate as outsiders glimpsing in, than many of the staged shots, most of which no one will ever see again. :( Most of these have probably been scanned from prints or published materials, rather than from negatives, as most of the publicity / studio production negatives have been destroyed/lost/stolen.

I wish some of the out of print documentaries would get reissued, perhaps in a deluxe box set, eventually, Oh, that's right..they contradict George's new vision and wont see the light of day again *grumble-whine*

Charley
Jul 31st, 2009, 03:37:14 PM
I love the Billy Dee / Harrison bro hug. That gave me a lol

Captain Untouchable
Jul 31st, 2009, 04:32:37 PM
I want that "chair" that Daniels is reclining against. Standing up and sitting down takes far too much time, and wastes too much of my precious energy reserves. Leaning would improve my life dramatically. :lol