PDA

View Full Version : Halp!

Captain Untouchable
Jul 26th, 2009, 10:16:40 PM
I don't know if anyone has been following my Montegue: Origins stuff, but I included a couple of characters in it who were Jedi Knights, a few years after the Purge. Since they were intended to be primarily disposable characters - possibly with the opportunity for the odd Clone Wars flashback encounter - I didn't think anything of tacking the K-word onto their title at the time.

However, because I enjoyed writing one of them in particular so much, I've formulated this scheme to bring him into the current timeline. When he shows up, he's going to pull a "Jedi Exile", a la KOTOR2: he'll be completely cut off from the Force (its a long story... basically he slipped to the dark side, and is now so paranoid of doing it again that he's closed himself off entirely).

I have no desire for him to have any powers or abilities in the current timeframe... but I realise I may be committing a massive faux pas by gracing him with the Knight title without having earned it properly. Is it okay for me to continue doing so, or should I go back and retcon his backstory, so he's just a Padawan? Obviously the latter option isn't ideal, but I'm happy to do it if it avoids stepping on people's toes!