PDA

View Full Version : True Blood, Season 2

Rutabaga
Jul 19th, 2009, 02:48:28 PM
We're a few episodes along into the second season of True Blood, and I thought last week's episode was one of the best episodes they've done in the series so far. And I would give anything to be in the middle of a Bill/Eric vampire sandwich :love.

Anybody else watching?

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 19th, 2009, 02:51:35 PM
:: raises hand ::

I completely agree, minus the sammich :mneh. I find Jessica hilarious tho :lol Must add that

Rutabaga
Jul 19th, 2009, 02:59:07 PM
:: raises hand ::

I completely agree, minus the sammich :mneh. I find Jessica hilarious tho :lol Must add that

:lol

I LOVE Jessica. Who would've guessed that such a sweet church-going girl would turn into such a hellion once turned vampire. Chuckles galore! :lol

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 19th, 2009, 03:32:17 PM
I'm just wondering how this is going to go down. Jason with the Church, an ancient vampire gone mission, Erik taking an interest in Lafayette, and of course ... Maryann!

It seems like so much is happening, and it is, but what I find spectacular is how they manage to fit it all in :)

Rutabaga
Jul 19th, 2009, 10:41:16 PM
Viking-era flashback in Swedish (?) with English subtitles.

God, I love this show.

:eee

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 20th, 2009, 04:13:23 AM
Yesh!!! I was surprised about Daphne. Not so surprised that Goddrick was Eric's sire :)

Rutabaga
Jul 20th, 2009, 06:22:31 AM
And Maryann, get out of Gran's clothes!!! :shakefist

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 20th, 2009, 02:12:57 PM
I KNOW! I found that SOOO creepy that she was obviously trying to look and act like Gran. I'm surprised Tara didn't notice, or say something.

I love this show. :D

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 20th, 2009, 04:18:54 PM
Oh yes, that was very creepy and pissed me off too :ohno

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 20th, 2009, 10:37:40 PM
Can't wait for next week when SUKHEE infiltrates the FotS!

I love Jessica, too, she's not in the books (so I've been told, I've only read the first one), and she's just great. And so pretty! Hoyt and her are just adorable together. :D

edit: New episode tomorrow night! :eee

Rutabaga
Jul 25th, 2009, 11:51:11 PM
Woohoo! Can't wait to see why Lorena is reentering Bill's life. And Pam's back, yay! :eee

BTW, if you're on Facebook, there are TONS of TB pages there, including lots of people doing role-playing. The people doing Lafayette, Jessica, the Magister, and Lorena are particularly entertaining ;).

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 26th, 2009, 06:13:06 AM
True Blood finally started showing on TV in the UK! We are still on the first season of course though, so I suppose I should stay out of this thread :uhoh

Rutabaga
Jul 26th, 2009, 04:18:05 PM
Oh yes, definitely avoid spoilers if you can, don't want your fun ruined. :)

Only a little over 2 and a half hours to the new episode. I'm so excited!!!! :eee :eee :eee

Rutabaga
Jul 26th, 2009, 09:30:29 PM
oooooooooooooo, such dastardly goings-on tonight! :eee

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 27th, 2009, 12:52:02 AM
PIIIIIIIG!

Andy was great this episode. :D

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 28th, 2009, 04:14:17 PM
Preview for the second half of the second season! :dance and :ohno

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FLMLiJP4CU4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FLMLiJP4CU4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rutabaga
Jul 28th, 2009, 07:41:09 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! :ohno :eee :partyhard

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 30th, 2009, 03:19:56 AM
I'm catching up on the second season now... how saucy is this program?! I guessed there would be some raunchiness but not that I would be seeing naked Anna Paquin writhing and moaning, smeared in her own blood! :eek

Rutabaga
Jul 30th, 2009, 06:41:33 AM
I know, the scene in the cemetery in season one alone is enough to make you sweat! ^_^;

HBO has been showing the first X-Men movie recently, I watched most of it one afternoon and all I could think of when I saw Anna Paquin was, I've seen you naked!

BTW, one of the people role-playing Tara at Facebook posted a great snarky Twilight joke: What do Edward Cullen and a Christmas tree have in common? Their balls are just for decoration!

:lol :lol :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 30th, 2009, 10:19:11 AM
Holy crap, ever since Maryann appeared I have been trying to think where I recognise her from... it was only when she had a bit of a hissy fit in 2x06 (Hard-Hearted Hannah) that I realised she is Admiral Cain from Battlestar Galactica! :eek

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2009, 12:28:24 PM
The sex in the dirt scene in season 1 was tooooooo much. And... can you imagine... dirt... in your... lady parts? I'm surprised Sookie didn't get some sort of bizarre disease.

Not that that's the only gross part about the show, but I still like it a lot. :D

And Lafayette is awesome. So glad he didn't get the same fate as he does in the book. Yet, at least. :ohno

If you'd been on a gay cruise you'da come back with more pizazz, not less!

PIIIIIG!
:lol:lol

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 30th, 2009, 12:52:54 PM
Don't spoil the book :shakefist

I don't find the sex scenes that hot to be honest :uhoh Am I alone in that? They are saucy I guess but Sookie and Bill's relationship doesn't do anything for me (though I am growing to like Eric). I've read better.. right, Holly? ;)

:3 that last preview for the second half of the season is pretty good. I'm all up to date now and I think Jason and Jessica are my fav characters :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2009, 01:20:00 PM
Sometimes its best to leave a little to the imagination. ;) The ORGIES are too much, though, they're getting redundant and aren't that hot. Esp. the one with the cake smashing and dirt eating, lol. I was getting concerned during that one. :uhoh

Based on the preview for next week I think that Sam gets away, or at least isn't killed, but I really want to see him shift into something other than a collie or a beagle, so I hope he does. Like, a bear or something. ;)

Jessica and Hoyt are just adorable, I love them. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 30th, 2009, 01:25:34 PM
I'm with you on the cake!orgy. I did not need to see a number of those people half naked, let alone grinding on each other. They could cut out a lot of the sex and I wouldn't notice the difference.... except I wouldn't feel like I have to listen out for that musical cue that comes whenever Sookie and Bill are gonna get it on :uhoh

I wish Sam would turn into a wolf and tear some throats out >D If not, can we at least have some werewofls soon?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2009, 01:33:45 PM
I'm not sure how close they're sticking to the book but I do know that in book two there are werewolves towards the end.

I've only read book one, all my other information comes from reading the True Blood thread at SA. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 30th, 2009, 01:35:21 PM
One of the comic book shops nearby here has the books on special offer at the minute, since season one just started airing in the UK... so I am vair tempted to pick one or two of them up. Would you recommend?

Rutabaga
Jul 30th, 2009, 07:42:18 PM
Holy crap, ever since Maryann appeared I have been trying to think where I recognise her from... it was only when she had a bit of a hissy fit in 2x06 (Hard-Hearted Hannah) that I realised she is Admiral Cain from Battlestar Galactica! :eek

And Ensign Ro Laren from Star Trek: TNG! :)

You know, the weird thing about the Sookie/Bill sex scenes is the added knowledge that Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are real-life lovers. Sometimes I can't help but wonder if all we're seeing is just *ahem* acting. ^_^;

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 31st, 2009, 01:27:05 AM
He did say in EW that "HBO is getting more bang for their buck" in regards to the sex scenes. And Moyer has said in other interviews that it is weird for them to be alone while being intimate because they're used to the crew being there.

Kinky. :mischief

edit: I didn't know she played Ensign Ro! I love that character. :love

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 31st, 2009, 01:37:18 AM
So (as if it's any surprise) it looks like there will be a season three of True Blood: http://www.reuters.com/article/televisionNews/idUSTRE56U17X20090731

I love this quote from another article:
Michelle Forbes on Accepting the Maryann Role: "When somebody offers you an entrance where you're standing in the middle of the road naked with a pig, you don't say no." :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 31st, 2009, 01:17:08 PM
A sneaky peek of Episode 19: http://www.hbo.com/trueblood/video.html?maven_playerId=trueblood&maven_referralObject=7612780

Rutabaga
Aug 2nd, 2009, 09:17:27 PM
Holy guacamole! What an episode! I must admit squealing with delight at the final moment...oooooooo, Godric! :eee

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 3rd, 2009, 01:30:34 AM
:) Loved the episode!

Btw, Jenny, where do you watch True Blood? On the internets? We might be canceling HBO and I really don't want to miss out on the end of the season. :ohno

Rutabaga
Aug 5th, 2009, 10:19:12 PM
It was confirmed today that Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are engaged. That will be one hell of a wedding if they invite the whole cast!

Rutabaga
Aug 10th, 2009, 05:50:17 AM
Last night's episode was GREAT! Holy cow, but this season is turning out to be even better than the first season!

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 10th, 2009, 02:53:54 PM
Oh yeah, I loved every second of last night's ep. It was great! And... I'd dump Bill in a heartbeat for Eric.

...just sayin'... :mischief

edit: my favorite exchange had to be this one between Sookie and Eric -

S: "He's your Maker, isn't he?"
E: "Don't use words you don't understand."
S: "You love him."
E: "Don't use words I don't understand."

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 16th, 2009, 08:00:54 PM
Godric :cry

Rutabaga
Aug 16th, 2009, 08:58:44 PM
I kid you not...I was crying LIKE A BABY during the last 5 minutes of this episode.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 17th, 2009, 12:53:35 AM
I cried too! But I blamed my pregnancy hormones. :uhoh

Couldn't stand Eric being so sad. :cry

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 17th, 2009, 04:11:13 AM
Actually I found it refreshing that Eric was so sad. And it made sense with how interconnected a Maker and his Vampire are. I mean the person that made you, shared a blood bond with is no more. That is traumatic. Look what it has done to Lorena with Bill rejecting her.... I thought it was completely in character and since Sookie saw it :mischief

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 18th, 2009, 05:00:52 PM
When I said I couldn't stand it I meant from an emotional point of view. Him crying made me cry.

I thought it was a great character moment, and loved the whole exchange in Swedish between him and Godric. :) It was just heartwrenching.

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 18th, 2009, 06:45:53 PM
Oh! Then I completely agree :) it was just amazing... how that entire plot point ended on such a sad, yet beautifully done emotional moment :(

Rutabaga
Aug 18th, 2009, 07:41:02 PM
I watched the episode a second time last night and still got weepy at the end. For me, it's Eric breaking down and saying, "Please, please" to Godric in Swedish as he starts to cry that just gets to me.

:cry

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 24th, 2009, 02:38:04 AM
In stark contrast to last week, this episode had me in stitches. :lol

http://i25.tinypic.com/30tj7cx.jpg <-- "Bullshit. God has horns."

Rutabaga
Aug 24th, 2009, 06:13:14 AM
That was hilarious! I wonder if Sam is going to explain to Jason and Andy just what happened :). I also loved crazy Maxine playing on Bill's Wii, that was just too funny for words. Although I wonder what's going to happen between Jessica and Hoyt now that Jessica has bitten Maxine.

Best scene was Bill and Sookie working together to break Maryann's hold on Tara, I loved it.

Did you notice the episode was only 45 minutes long? I was shocked when it ended a lot earlier than usual. :eek

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 24th, 2009, 04:09:43 PM
Yeah it seemed a LOT shorter than usual. :(

I'm hoping that Maxine's blood will react like Maryanne's did to Bill while she's under the 'black eye' influence. ^_^;

Rutabaga
Aug 30th, 2009, 09:44:31 PM
Holy crap, what's in that egg, and who the hell laid it???

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 31st, 2009, 01:39:08 AM
:ohno I don't want to know I don't want to know I DO WANT TO KNOW TELL ME!

Two weeks for the next and last episode of the season. I'd be more upset, but I'm going to be gone next week so it all works out.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 31st, 2009, 06:50:09 PM
http://jainhollie.com/random/eric_wink.gif
Goodnight, tiny humans. :)

Rutabaga
Sep 13th, 2009, 08:35:08 PM
I am just SO MAD at Jason right now, I could just spit! :shakefist

The finale was in some ways not what I'd expected (I thought it was going to be all Maryann-oriented), but I liked it, and it did leave us with a big ol' cliffhanger. We just won't find out the answers until next summer, though, dang it all.

Serrena Alcine
Sep 13th, 2009, 08:47:12 PM
*mutters about not having HBO & runs off to buy the box set*

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 17th, 2009, 10:49:05 AM
Why are you mad at Jason?

I liked the finale, I thought it wrapped things up nicely and also took care of something for the next season - separating Sookie and Bill.

I imagine that Eric is responsible for taking Bill, as per his promise to the Queen.

Miranda Tarkin
Sep 17th, 2009, 03:12:09 PM
Or that could be a complete Red Herring :) They made it such a point in the episode that one never knows if it was Eric or not ^_^

Rutabaga
Sep 17th, 2009, 07:44:02 PM
Why are you mad at Jason?

For killing Eggs :cry.

As for who is responsible for taking Bill, the first obvious choice is that it was Eric, since he did tell Sophie-Anne that he would personally take care of Bill. But it could definitely be a red herring, since it may be way TOO obvious. It might be kind of like the end of season 1, with only seeing the foot of the person who was dead in Andy's car. A lot of us, including me, assumed it was Lafayette. And anyone who has read Living Dead In Dallas would have assumed it was Lafayette, because in the book it WAS Lafayette. But then they turned the story in a whole other direction by revealing it to be Miss Jeanette. So we could definitely be being toyed with. I think other possible culprits are Lorena, or possibly even more Fellowship of the Sun people. I even have a co-worker who has spun a convoluted theory about Sookie's cousin Hadley being the one who did it.

Sucks that we won't know for sure until next June! :shakefist

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 17th, 2009, 08:31:54 PM
Perhaps it just seeeeeems too obvious, and therefore to mess with us they'll take the obvious route!

;) I'll be happy to be surprised.

And Eggs was annoying. :mneh Hot, but annoying.

Rutabaga
Sep 18th, 2009, 06:19:53 AM
Eggs had the most amazing abs I have ever seen. I swear he didn't have a 6-pack, he had a damn 12-pack!

I had originally posted about being mad at Jason right after seeing the episode...ultimately Jason did the understandable thing because it truly did look like Eggs was going to attack Andy. And you know, in retrospect it does seem like Eggs's story had run its course anyways. It's just going to be interesting to see how this affects Jason's and Tara's relationship...she's always had a huge crush on him, and if/when she finds out Jason was responsible, boy, that's potentially huge.

Yog
Sep 20th, 2009, 04:14:33 PM
Women! Damn you all for glamouring me into watching this! Another TV show addiction. :shakefist

Eggs had the most amazing abs I have ever seen. I swear he didn't have a 6-pack, he had a damn 12-pack!
The hot babes in this show are hotter still. :mneh

I just caught up to season finale. I am already looking forward to season 3!

Also, how come HBO makes all these great shows? The other TV networks have a lot to learn about that it seems.

Rutabaga
Sep 20th, 2009, 05:33:41 PM
Women! Damn you all for glamouring me into watching this! Another TV show addiction. :shakefist

Welcome to our clan, Yog... :wings

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 21st, 2009, 12:49:02 AM
HBO is a premium 'pay for' channel, they have more money to spend on shows, and are more picky about what they pay for (since they mostly show movies) ....and they are allowed to put things like F bombs and boobs into their shows, whereas broadcast networks cannot.

Not that boobs alone a good show make. ;)

Yog
Sep 21st, 2009, 04:36:08 AM
Not that boobs alone a good show make. ;)
It sure helps though. ;)

Seriously, what you say about budget and HBO being picky makes a lot of sense.

Btw, did anyone figure out what that bright flash out of the hand thing was that Sookie used vs Maryann? Maybe it is another ability she has not figured out how to use yet?

Rutabaga
Sep 21st, 2009, 06:08:11 AM
Btw, did anyone figure out what that bright flash out of the hand thing was that Sookie used vs Maryann? Maybe it is another ability she has not figured out how to use yet?

I'm currently reading the books, I've just started book 3, Club Dead. The flashy thing hasn't happened in the books, at least not yet. But rumor has it that Sookie is half-fairy...hopefully I'll learn more as I read the rest of the series :).

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 21st, 2009, 12:59:03 PM
The only answer is a big spoiler, as Rutabaga says.

IN THE BOOKS: Sookie and Jason are part fairy. This explains why everyone is attracted to Sookie in the books and Jason is so 'charming', as well as her telepathy. Bigger spoiler: Sookie has a fairy godmother looking out for her, which was hinted at in the pilot episode when the chain tightens around the Rattray's neck inexplicably. They were going to cut to a shot of a woman in the woods after that, but cut it because it was confusing. But after what Maryanne has said about "Don't you feel like someone's been watching out for you?" it seems they're ready to introduce that part of the story.

In regards to the first part, I'm not sure what they're doing about Jason, as he didn't seem to be supernatural at all since he went under Maryanne's influence with little effort. I guess sex abilities don't count as supernatural. ;)