PDA

View Full Version : Billy Mays is dead! We're having a going out of business sale! All items must go!

Charley
Jun 28th, 2009, 10:51:49 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529328,00.html

DEVELOPING: Television pitchman Billy Mays — who built his fame by appearing on commercials and infomercials promoting household products and gadgets — died Sunday, FOX News confirms.

Mays was found unresponsive by his wife inside his Tampa, Fla., home at 7:45 a.m. on Sunday, according to the Tampa Police Department.

Police said there were no signs of forced entry to Mays' residence and foul play is not suspected. Authorities said an autopsy should be complete by Monday afternoon.

Mays, 50, was on board a US Airways flight that blew out its front tires as it landed at a Tampa airport on Saturday, MyFOXTampa.com reported.

US Airways spokesman Jim Olson said that none of the 138 passengers and five crew members were injured in the incident, but several passengers reported having bumps and bruises, according to the station.

Authorities have not said whether Mays' death was related to the incident.

"Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days. Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times," Mays wife, Deborah, said in a statement on Sunday.

HI I'M BILLY MAYS HERE FOR ZOMBIE-PROOF COFFIN CORP! GUARANTEED TO KEEP THE DEAD FROM RISING OR YOUR MONEY BACK! HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK THIS COFFIN IS WORTH? TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS? WELL WE WILL SELL THIS FOR SIX EASY INSTALLMENTS OF ONLY 29.95. ACT NOW AND YOU'LL ALSO RECIEVE A ONE GALLON JUG OF FEBREEZE, WITH A REFRESHING HOLY WATER SCENT. OUR FIRST SIXTEEN CALLERS ALSO GET OUR FEBREEZE APPLICATOR KNOB IN THE SHAPE OF A CRUCIFIX.

Emelie Shadowstar
Jun 28th, 2009, 11:34:00 AM
Well that's.... unexpected.

Oh please dear god don't let them do a Pitchmen marathon on Discovery as a memorial thing.

Hobgoblin
Jun 28th, 2009, 12:44:14 PM
For fans of the Team Fortress 2 characters, here's the TF2 Heavy helping Billy Mays pitch Kaboom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHgEnN2PFzo

So long Mr Mays.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 28th, 2009, 01:53:23 PM
Wow, that is unexpected. :\

Rutabaga
Jun 28th, 2009, 02:12:41 PM
I have always found Billy Mays to be incredibly and excessively annoying. But this is sad news.

KA-BOOM! indeed.

Hobgoblin
Jun 28th, 2009, 03:06:05 PM
I have always found Billy Mays to be incredibly and excessively annoying. But this is sad news.

KA-BOOM! indeed.

I'm sure some people can say the same about Michael Jackson. In a similiar vein as Jackson, Mays was very well-known in large part due to his professional talents. Whether loved or hated, both of them deserve respect for those talents.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 28th, 2009, 03:22:07 PM
Never heard of the guy until he died, so I can't say he exactly enriched my life with his professional talents... oh well. Goodbye and RIP Billy Mays.

Rutabaga
Jun 28th, 2009, 04:19:42 PM
This is now starting to sound like a possible head injury...Billy Mays was on a flight that had a rough landing in Florida yesterday. He told people that something hit him on the head during the turbulence. Then apparently he told his wife that he wasn't feeling well when he went to bed. This morning, he was dead.

Natasha Richardson deja vu. If this did turn out to be a bleed that killed him, it's proof yet again that when people are hit in the head and don't feel well, medical attention is needed, folks.

Mandy with an I
Jun 28th, 2009, 04:26:26 PM
Where was Vince Offer during all of this?!

And why is everyone dying? It's the End Times, for reals. :uhoh

Droo
Jun 29th, 2009, 08:49:31 AM
What Jenny said.

Csephion Draxus
Jun 29th, 2009, 09:12:42 PM
Where was Vince Offer during all of this?!

And why is everyone dying? It's the End Times, for reals. :uhoh

Are you suggesting that Mr. Mays was slap-chopped to death???!!!

Mandy with an I
Jun 29th, 2009, 09:24:34 PM
He didn't love Vinces' nuts :uhoh

Rutabaga
Jun 29th, 2009, 10:08:40 PM
Just for the record, turns out cause of death was heart disease, not head trauma. If you listen to the 911 tape, sounds like he'd been heavenbound for quite a while :x.

Mandy with an I
Jun 29th, 2009, 10:10:48 PM
He's up there yelling at angels. RIP BILLY!

(seriously, this is sad. Too many people dying this month).

Karl Valten
Jun 30th, 2009, 07:00:47 AM
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php

Mandy with an I
Jun 30th, 2009, 08:28:12 AM
B^U

That comic is really horrible (in general).

Nya Halcyon
Jun 30th, 2009, 03:03:56 PM
That depends greatly on your point of view. I find the comic really enjoyable (in general). And that one is funny.

Liam Jinn
Jun 30th, 2009, 10:33:13 PM
Oh please dear god don't let them do a Pitchmen marathon on Discovery as a memorial thing.

Guess what Discovery is doing tomorrow? :)

Mandy with an I
Jul 1st, 2009, 09:50:49 AM
It's probably better than being Michael Jacksoned to death.

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 1st, 2009, 05:20:09 PM
B^U

That comic is really horrible (in general).

That I agree with. The writer is a sad unfunny twat.

Who is Billy May? Dont know, dont care.

Park Kraken
Jul 2nd, 2009, 09:44:27 PM
I'll always remember his Oxy-clean commercials. The Ka-boom one less so, but only because I haven't seen them as often.

Rutabaga
Jul 3rd, 2009, 07:23:47 PM
Although I was not a fan of Billy Mays, I couldn't help but smile when I saw this photo at TMZ of the pallbearers at his funeral. It is simply perfection. And I'm sure that wherever Billy is right now, he's smiling too. :)

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb164/Rutabaga64/billymaysfuneral.jpg

Sigmund Landers
Jul 4th, 2009, 12:21:55 AM
I just saw that and it made me go "Awww :(" out loud.