PDA

View Full Version : Dragon*khaaaaaaaaaaan!!! >:O

Pages : [1] 2

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 12th, 2009, 12:46:57 PM
previous thread... (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17730)

What, where, when?

Dragon*Con, Atlanta, September 3rd ( http://www.dragoncon.org/ )

Who?

Posters who are attending (22 :eek):
CLICK for awesome map of where we're staying (thanks Mu!) (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&dirflg=w&msa=0&msid=113691218960970550252.000463dcbae5455b7ef24&t=h&ll=33.760008,-84.38472&spn=0.012202,0.018389&z=16)

Red Roof Inn: Dasquian, Morgan, Miranda, Wyl
Hilton Downtown: Callista +1, Emelie, Chrysothemis, D'Kor
Hilton Garden Inn: Charley, s'Il, Hob, Yog, Mandi, Karl Valten
Wyndham: Mu, Lilaena <strike>and Ty</strike>
Somewhere else (?): Verse Dawnstrider +1, JediBeldarine +1, Jedah LynchWhy?

To party :cool:

See Also:
Georgia Aquarium Deal (http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/acb/stores/1/newclubfishlink.aspx?Conv_Id=347) - get your tickets for the 8pm entrance
Post-Con Alabama Backyard Rave (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19627) :dance :dance :dance
COUNTDOWN (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18976) soooo close :ohno
Six Flags (http://www.sixflags.com/overGeorgia#Daily%20Tickets) - buddy up and buy-one-get-one-free on a one-day general use ticket to adrenaline-rush-town

Lil's List of Who's got What and When

Christin/Charley - Driving. Confirmed: Hotel and Con. RAVE THROWERS
Dasquian - Arriving ATL - Sep 3 @ 1:40 pm. Confirmed: Hotel, Con and Aquarium. RAVE ATTENDEE (leaving Sep 10)
Emilie - Arriving ATL - Sep 3 @ 1: 35 pm. Confirmed: Hotel, Con and Aquarium. RAVE ATTENDEE (leaving Sep 10)

Karl - Arriving BHM - Aug 31, 4: 30 pm Confirmed: Hotel, Con and Aquarium
Lilaena - Arriving BHM - Sep 2 @ 2: 35 pm. Confirmed: Hotel, Con and Aquarium. RAVE ATTENDEE (leaving Sep 8)
Hob - Arriving BHM - Aug 29. Confirmed: Hotel, Con, and Aquarium. RAVE ATTENDEE (leaving Sep 13)
Mandi - Arriving ATL - Sep 3 @ 1:54 pm. Confirmed: Hotel, Con

Miranda - Arriving ATL - Sep 3 @ 9: 32 am. Confirmed: Hotel, Con, Aquarium. RAVE ATTENDEE
Morgan - Driving. Confirmed: Hotel. RAVE ATTENDEE.
Mu - Arriving ( ) - ? Confirmed: Hotel, Con, and Aquarium
Razielle - Driving. RAVE ATTENDEE. (leaving Sep 10)
Wyl - Arriving ATL - Sep 3 @ 9: 32 am. Confirmed: Hotel, Con, Aquarium. RAVE ATTENDEE (leaving Sep 15)
Yog - Arriving ATL - Sep 3 @ 5:15 pm. Confirmed: Hotel, Con, and Aquarium. RAVE ATTENDEE (leaving Sep 10)

Karl Valten
Jun 12th, 2009, 03:09:51 PM
Wooo, throw me in on the Aquarium too. Still working on trying to clear up a day for the raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave. :cool:

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 12th, 2009, 03:15:54 PM
Yessss good man :D

Charley
Jun 12th, 2009, 05:42:15 PM
Two ears getting pierced and FINALLY GETTING NEW INK YESSSSS

Wyl Staedtler
Jun 12th, 2009, 07:24:15 PM
I might join in for the ink. And maybe the piercing too!

Charley
Jun 12th, 2009, 07:26:41 PM
One caveat on piercing, I will have to get mine at the beginning of my time off so I'll have enough time for them to heal enough to where I can be okay with them out of my ears when I come back to work. I'll likely go ahead and do that in advance so I get the maximum out of my huge vacation bloc.

Tattoos I'm not picky about. I'll get them whenever/wherever.

Karl Valten
Jun 12th, 2009, 10:25:11 PM
I have allergies to most base metals manufacturers put in those damn piercings. I'll probably vote a nadda on the piercing.

Tattoos mebe. But I'm way to biased with the tattoo artist I know in Madison, WI.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 13th, 2009, 02:17:53 AM
I would get another lip piercing (snakebite :love) but the thought of not being able to drink through the healing process (i.e. the entire trip) cancels that out. Maybe I will just settle for some kind of earring.

Ink.. yas.

Mandy with an I
Jun 13th, 2009, 10:55:15 PM
Okay.

I'm going to ask if anyone wants anything like, some canadian snacks or something since I'm bringing Charley and Liz maple syrup cashews (which I am sure they will share since they are such wonderful folks ;)).

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 14th, 2009, 06:24:23 AM
I have two hours to kill in Amsterdam airport so I'm going to try and find some (legal) Dutch delicacies to smuggle over.

EDIT: Also, I'm glad I got my helix piercing now. It's going to (potentially) take 2 months to heal and the little fucker is sore right now - wouldn't want to have to worry about bumping and irritating it when I'm on holiday. That's what I get for picking a cartilage piercing!

Galix Martonus
Jun 15th, 2009, 09:10:55 PM
Update: I get one ear pierced. That's what I'm allowed.

Emelie Shadowstar
Jun 15th, 2009, 11:28:30 PM
Yes...but has the number of piercings on said ear been limited? :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 16th, 2009, 12:29:43 AM
Are you still going for the lobe, then?

Charley
Jun 16th, 2009, 08:52:59 PM
Yes I am. I'm very excited.

Hobgoblin
Jun 20th, 2009, 10:23:57 PM
After rearranging my vacation plans for the year, I have now achieved a full two weeks off around the Con. I'll be flying down and staying with Charley and Christin from the 29th through the 13th. Con tickets are purchased, 8pm Aquarium tickets are purchased, plane tickets are purchased, and of course, the hotel has been reserved for awhile. Also, various surprises are in motion as we speak.

Ladies and gentlemen, we are GO for vacation.

Edit: also, I have plans to obtain a tattoo during this little venture. We will see how it goes, ja?

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 21st, 2009, 02:41:56 AM
Surprises?! MOTION!? :ohno

Mandy with an I
Jun 21st, 2009, 10:08:25 AM
Brian is going to show up stark naked at the Con, that's my guess ;)

Hobgoblin
Jun 21st, 2009, 09:45:58 PM
Not unless the fans vote for that option. Then I think something could be arranged.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 23rd, 2009, 08:31:38 PM
Banana-hammock!!

Mandy with an I
Jun 23rd, 2009, 08:42:43 PM
Borat speedo :cool

Karl Valten
Jun 23rd, 2009, 08:56:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qfP4TmM-QE

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 26th, 2009, 03:51:30 PM
How does it make sense that its cheaper to fly to Birmingham via Atlanta than it is to fly to Atlanta? ATLANTA IS WHERE I NEED TO END UP. Can I just get off the plane when we stop there? :cry

Is it possible for the people who have tix to say what day/time they're arriving?

edit: got aquarium (8pm) and con ticket!

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 26th, 2009, 04:25:43 PM
Is it possible for the people who have tix to say what day/time they're arriving?

Atlanta William B Hartsfield - 03/Sep/2009 @ 13:40

:)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 26th, 2009, 06:57:01 PM
Ok I added a little list of whos got what when/where. Its got blank spaces, so speak up. :)

Any update on shirts...?

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 26th, 2009, 06:59:43 PM
Hartsfield International Airport ATL - arrive 9: 32 AM Thu, Sep 03, 2009

Karl Valten
Jun 26th, 2009, 09:27:08 PM
Birmingham Airport - August 31, 4: 30 PM CDT

Gonna crash with Christin, Charley, and Brian for a bit before ze con

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 27th, 2009, 02:30:44 AM
Any update on shirts...?

Not that I know of!

EDIT: http://www.froggysphotos.com/dragonpresales.html good lord look how much they want for a picture with Patrick Stewart :eek

On the upside that link ^ has Michael Hogan as a photo-op, which I guess means we get Colonel Tigh at D*Con :eee

Captain Untouchable
Jun 27th, 2009, 05:39:22 AM
... I just calculated how much it would cost to have photos taken with all my avatars (that are there). ^_^;

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 27th, 2009, 05:48:13 AM
...how much? :mneh

Mandy with an I
Jun 27th, 2009, 09:21:54 AM
Isn't that the price to get your picture professionally taken with those people? Are you like, not allowed to take a picture with your regular old camera? o_O *confused*

*e: hooray, they changed my flight home so i get 25 more minutes of vacation time ^_^;

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 27th, 2009, 10:19:14 AM
I think those are for professional photo op pics (plus prints). Not candids with your own camera.

Salem Ave
Jun 27th, 2009, 11:02:46 AM
I can't imagine many people being lucky enough to get candida with someone like patrick stewart. Think of how many people would be harassing him for pictures, and that's only when he isn't scheduled to talk on a panel or get pictures taken with the professional photographer.

Mandy with an I
Jun 27th, 2009, 11:10:21 AM
The only people I really *need* to get photos/autographs from are Dirk Benedict and Dwight Schultz, because I promised my sister I would for her birthday. Since she'll most likely be taking me to and from the airport, and I won't be home on her birthday >_>;

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 27th, 2009, 11:13:37 AM
I'd like one with EJO and Hogan, but from what I've seen of past Dragon*Con's.. they have been at the Colonial Party so you can snap shots with them compartively easy. I don't know about anyone else though. I'm guessing that for the majority of big big guests, if there is an option to pay for a photograph, that is probably the only way you are going to get one.

Captain Untouchable
Jun 27th, 2009, 12:01:01 PM
...how much? :mneh

If I stick with Fans, its only $90 this year. But if I throw in other places... $440. :cool

Mandy with an I
Jun 27th, 2009, 12:09:15 PM
I've seen lots of Dirk/Dwight Con footage on youtube, and they seem like pretty awesome guys. So I'm not *that* worried about it. An autograph would be better than a picture of me with them anyway ^_^; (as a gift for her, i mean, lol)

Morgan Evanar
Jun 27th, 2009, 04:53:37 PM
Jenny, do you want me to pick you up from the airport since Razzy won't be showing until later?

Salem Ave
Jun 27th, 2009, 08:55:02 PM
Yes please! :)

Yog
Jun 29th, 2009, 03:55:52 AM
Full Trifecta: Con, Aquarium. RAVE ATTENDEE.

Continental Airlines CO1151, Thursday 3 Sep
Depart: NEWARK (EWR) 3.30PM
Arrive: ATLANTA (ATL) 5.56PM

Continental Airlines CO84, Thursday 10 Sep
Depart ATLANTA (ATL) 12:00PM
Arrive: NEWARK (EWR) 2.28PM

Mandy with an I
Jun 29th, 2009, 02:25:50 PM
I forget when I fly in, I think I arrive around the same time as you, Jenny :)
1:54pm! And I bought a photo-thingy for Dwight Schultz <3 ^_^;

Emelie Shadowstar
Jun 29th, 2009, 06:51:44 PM
Annnddd Flight confirmed.

Arriving in ATL at 1: 35PM on the 3rd...
Departing 4:15 PM on the 10th.

Whee...

Charlie Kippin
Jun 30th, 2009, 12:44:49 AM
oh hay buddy we arrive at the same time

*highfive*

Emelie Shadowstar
Jun 30th, 2009, 12:48:15 AM
Whooo XD

I'm flying Delta. May the gods watch over me 8_8; (not as bad as United...)

I demanded a non-stop flight because I'm insane like that. lmao.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 5th, 2009, 03:26:34 AM
Pricing for the Memberships to Dragon*Con 2009 is as follows:

* $80 until 05/15/2009
* $90 until 07/15/2009
* $100 thereafter

Just incase anyone didn't get a ticket yet and wanted to save 5bux.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 7th, 2009, 02:25:43 PM
Got my pink card in the mail yesterday. Nearly threw it away. :eek

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 9th, 2009, 02:21:42 PM
The Star Wars track schedule is up (tenatively): http://swatdc.com/Tentative_2009_Schedule.html

So is British Media track: http://www.brittrack.org/schedule.htm

..aaand Alternate History track: http://www.chronotrack.org/

:)

Emelie Shadowstar
Jul 9th, 2009, 02:27:29 PM
Party Like it's the Last Day on Alderaan

Let's party like it's the end of the world
Sat 10:00 pm; Main Room Request; 4 Hour(s); Pending

:lol We must go if it's approved....?

Damn all these Saturday night events. I need to clone myself.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 9th, 2009, 02:30:59 PM
No kidding. We will just have to stumble between rooms. All the while dressed, presumably, as rowdy BSG pilots. I guess I can just slap a Rogue Squadron patch on my arm when its time to party Alderaan style? :lol

Wyl Staedtler
Jul 18th, 2009, 06:25:10 AM
Have a confirmed flight out of Chicago and into Atlanta arriving at 9:30-ish AM on the 3rd.

The most promising flight I could get on (with a pretty good guarantee of there being room) from BHM to Lihue on the fifteenth @ around 4-ish.

Also - are we planning on going to Six Flags?

Karl Valten
Jul 18th, 2009, 09:09:43 AM
Whoaooaoaoaaaa, your going to be in the Chicago area?!

Nara McKenna
Jul 18th, 2009, 09:14:16 AM
Chicago is the connecting flight to Atlanta since Hawaii is kinda far :p When is your flight on the 3rd leaving Chicago, and is it United? I would die of surprise if we're on the same flight since I'm leaving on the 3rd too and arriving in Atlanta around 0930ish as well!!! XD

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 18th, 2009, 09:18:11 AM
I bet you guys are on the same flight but at different ends of the plane :lol

Also - are we planning on going to Six Flags?

I hope so! Do we have to buy tickets in advance? :uhoh

Wyl Staedtler
Jul 18th, 2009, 11:37:12 AM
It is United! Flight 594. Even if we aren't on the same flight, we are totes buddying up (I'll need to stumble in the direction of some coffee, for sure) :D

I think it's cheaper to buy tickets to Six Flags beforehand, rather than at the admissions booth. They seem to offer a discount if you get 'em online.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 18th, 2009, 11:42:37 AM
Which day would people want to go to Six Flags? Monday 7th, before we go back to ravetown?

Aria Sihin
Jul 18th, 2009, 11:51:22 AM
:lol:rollin:crack:lol

Liz we are so totally on the same flight. What is your seat number cuz maybe I can switch mine so I can sit by you XD

Right now I am in 10A

Wyl Staedtler
Jul 18th, 2009, 12:22:42 PM
We are totes sitting together now! Huzzah for tag-teaming United! :D

Looks like Six Flags has a deal where if you purchase online you pay the kid rate - and they also have a special where you buy one get one; the tickets end up costing 20 bucks each which saves ten! Anyone wanna split it? I'll buy 'em right now if so.

Michele Hawkins
Jul 18th, 2009, 12:28:25 PM
Row 12 is where it's at :cool:

I'm down for Six Flags... we just need to know when we're going of course :) Can't interfere with the Aquarium and there's plenty to do at the Con so we can fit it in somewhere.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 18th, 2009, 12:29:46 PM
Can you use a Six Flags daily ticket to go any day you want (i.e. we can just decide when to go when we are actually in Atlanta)? If so, I'm down for going two-for-one with you, Liz :D

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 18th, 2009, 12:35:42 PM
I just want to repeat -

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xoy6oqkRHAM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xoy6oqkRHAM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yog
Jul 19th, 2009, 03:07:25 AM
Which day would people want to go to Six Flags? Monday 7th, before we go back to ravetown?

Well, monday would make a lot of sense, because it's only half a day at Dragoncon, so we'd probably not missing much, and we'll be able to utilize the day more. Park opens at 10.30 am and closes 7.00 pm, so we could drive to Alabama after that. I guess the persons to ask are Christin / Charley, since they will be driving, and also Morgan (how long time is the drive?).

One thing though, monday is labour day, so I suspect the park is going to be really crowdy, which means big queues at the rides. But it's in september, so maybe it's not so bad after all.. or are there less crowds on sunday?

I believe the one day tickets you buy online for Six Flags are valid through 2009 season, so you could print them out and use them any day you want. You can of course only use them one time. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, where is the special Wyl talked about? I can only find the $29.99 price.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 19th, 2009, 03:13:32 AM
Click 'Buy Tickets Now' under 'Daily Tickets' then a little window pops up with the option to buy:

One-Day General Use Admission
One-Day Admission - Under 48 Inches Tall
One-Day Ticket - Buy One Get One Free

The last option is the one you want. It costs $39.99 in total, so only 20bux each.

Karl Valten
Jul 19th, 2009, 09:25:09 AM
Blarg, sorry guys, can't do Six Flags. My flight leaves Atlanta on Monday at 3:30 pm. Need to be back in Minneapolis on Monday evening. :(

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 19th, 2009, 09:39:40 AM
Aww :(

Well, I think we should see who wants to go and pair up for who is getting tickets.

Also - this is more a question for s'il/charley but how long does it take to get to the atlanta airport from your place? :)

Charley
Jul 19th, 2009, 10:12:26 AM
From our new place it'll be a little over two hours.

Mandy with an I
Jul 19th, 2009, 10:31:46 AM
I really don't want to go to Six Flags, since I don't go on any rides :(

Pierce Tondry
Jul 19th, 2009, 12:15:49 PM
One thing though, monday is labour day, so I suspect the park is going to be really crowdy, which means big queues at the rides. But it's in september, so maybe it's not so bad after all.. or are there less crowds on sunday?

This is true. If we are there on Labor Day weekend, expect huge crowds, lines, and a fair amount of teenage douchebaggery.

I'm not that hepped up on the idea of a Labor Day amusement park visit myself, but what I am down with is hanging out with all you crazy cats as much as possible. If everyone is skedaddling from the Con expect me to skedaddle with. :)

What's the headcount on people charging off to Six Flags? So far seems like Jenny, Liz, and Dale?

Charley
Jul 19th, 2009, 12:37:41 PM
I can take or leave Six Flags. I've gone there a bazillion times but it's still fun from time to time.

Also I found a local winery in Birmingham and when y'all come in we can go for a tasting.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 19th, 2009, 12:43:42 PM
I figured rollercoasters wouldn't be everyones thing.. then again, I didn't think the whole group would be spending the whole Con weekend together. We all have different nerdy interests so they're bound to diverge at some points :) So long as we come back together in time to convoy to Alabama! (Wine tasting? :love)

For me, I have (obviously) never been to Six Flags before so I am jumping at the chance :D I think Yog was up for it too. At least, I have a memory of him saying he wanted someone to ride along with him, screaming like a girl :lol

Yog
Jul 19th, 2009, 01:25:03 PM
For me, I have (obviously) never been to Six Flags before so I am jumping at the chance :D I think Yog was up for it too. At least, I have a memory of him saying he wanted someone to ride along with him, screaming like a girl :lol

Yep, you can bank on me going to Six Flags. For me, that's the highlight of this trip (far more than Dragoncon actually). There are few things I enjoy more than riding these diabolical machines of doom, but one thing that can really maximise the experience is when I have some victi.. errr co passengers joining me, who I can comfort in support as a true samaritan. :angel

:: gleefully rubs hands together and emits a mad professor laugh ::

:evil

Emelie Shadowstar
Jul 19th, 2009, 01:29:47 PM
*Raises hand!!!*

I'll go! :D

We have one like..30 min from where I live but I haven't been in AGES since trying to get the boyfriend/friends to go is like pulling teeth for some...odd reason (especially because everyone likes rollercoasters)

So yeah...count me in on the machines of death thing. :D

Yog
Jul 19th, 2009, 01:31:40 PM
I can take or leave Six Flags. I've gone there a bazillion times but it's still fun from time to time.
You musssst come, and bring your wife... :evil

Also I found a local winery in Birmingham and when y'all come in we can go for a tasting.
I am all up for this! :rollin

(also, don't forget shooting range!)

*Raises hand!!!*

I'll go! :D

Yaaay, another vict... err.. ride mate! :angel

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 19th, 2009, 01:35:09 PM
I sometimes wonder if there will be enough hours in the day for all the stuff we are planning :lol

Yog.. you evil man, lmao.

:eee Em

Pierce Tondry
Jul 19th, 2009, 01:50:41 PM
I figured rollercoasters wouldn't be everyones thing.. then again, I didn't think the whole group would be spending the whole Con weekend together. We all have different nerdy interests so they're bound to diverge at some points :) So long as we come back together in time to convoy to Alabama! (Wine tasting? :love)

Don't get me wrong, I like a good coaster ride and it's been ages since I've been to an amusement park. What I really don't like are crowded parks with lines so long you can't get to ride what you want and I expect no less the weekend of the Con. Whether I go would depend on a) whether my ride goes and if so then b) whether enough people are going that would make standing in line fun. That's why I wanted a headcount. Looks like it could go either way, so if we wind up with a quorum or need the second half for a ticket buying pair, I'll throw my hat in the proverbial ring.

Suddenly I want a funnel cake. Dammit.

Mandy with an I
Jul 19th, 2009, 02:40:42 PM
^ I feel the same way - I don't like the huge crowds of people, and the fact that I don't actually go on any rides makes it not fun. I'm probably going to be the only person who doesn't want to go >_<

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 19th, 2009, 02:43:23 PM
Ah crap. I forgot about Labor Day - it'll be hell then >_>

Thanks Charley - since I need to get to the airport around 2pm ... we'll have to leave your place around noon :)

Wyl Staedtler
Jul 19th, 2009, 03:15:19 PM
rollercoastersrollercoastersrollercoastersah:crack

I've gone ahead and bought a 2-for-1 ticket set. With taxes it comes to about 25 bucks/person, which still saves a tenner. :D

Mandy with an I
Jul 19th, 2009, 03:34:06 PM
Everyone remember that Alabama is an hour behind Georgia! Otherwise, we'll all miss our flights >_> lol

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 19th, 2009, 03:36:05 PM
Oh shit! So we need to leave at 11am! :lol thank you Mandy!

I'm not knocking Six Flags, if we go, I am so there :cool: just damn holiday weekend ^_^

Wyl Staedtler
Jul 19th, 2009, 03:43:25 PM
Is it pathetic that I'm more excited that we're on the same flight than anything else right now? :lol

Miranda Tarkin
Jul 19th, 2009, 03:49:26 PM
No because I am too!! :lol

Just make sure you hustle since there isn't a lot of time between connecting flights!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 25th, 2009, 03:54:40 PM
I really don't want to go to Six Flags, since I don't go on any rides :(
I will not be going to Six Flags. Something about being almost 8 months pregnant. :rolleyes So, not to be a party pooper but I'm not spending money to roast in the heat and humidity and waddle along after you guys (as you run from ride to ride) until I pass out. ;)

Also! Labor Day weekend would be busy, but Labor Day itself may not be too bad. People who travel and have a three day weekend tend to travel home on the last day.

Of course, locals will still be there.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 25th, 2009, 04:35:35 PM
I won't be able to make it to six flags either, so we can hole ourselves up in a nice air conditioned room or restaurant or wherever :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 25th, 2009, 04:38:08 PM
;) Sounds good to me!

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 25th, 2009, 04:54:52 PM
It's not party pooping at all :) Like I said, I didn't think we would all be together all the time and there will be plenty of other things to do in the area, I'm sure!

Mandy with an I
Jul 25th, 2009, 04:57:32 PM
I just didn't want to be the only person not going >_>;

Csephion Draxus
Jul 26th, 2009, 07:48:10 PM
Yeah I'd love to do everything and anything, but I gotta choose my battles. We're going to be pretty frugal due to house buying lol

Mandy with an I
Jul 26th, 2009, 10:49:29 PM
My "money" all depends on what the exchange rate is at the time. I have $600 saved up on the credit card and some american money put away :)

Morgan Evanar
Jul 27th, 2009, 02:44:58 PM
I'm skipping Six Flags. I have to do family stuff one day so it might be that one.

Mandy with an I
Jul 28th, 2009, 08:21:38 AM
I just woke from the weirdest dream.

A Dragon*Con dream...Holly, Jenny, Karl and I. We were driving, but then we were running around downtown. We go to this big building, up a flight of stairs and into this exotic - but under construction - restaurant. Where Holly told the waiter that the posters of SwFans could do a MUCH better job of rebuilding it, AND do it cheaper. Then there was a musical number started by Karl >_>;

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 28th, 2009, 12:21:11 PM
Well, we could. :colbert

Redik
Jul 29th, 2009, 04:56:48 PM
Pete Abrams (www.sluggy.com) is going to attend for those of you who follow his webcomic.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 30th, 2009, 01:30:00 PM
Is anyone else kinda giddy? :3

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 30th, 2009, 01:35:35 PM
Pete Abrams (www.sluggy.com (http://www.sluggy.com)) is going to attend for those of you who follow his webcomic.
Awesome! Maybe I'll become a Sluggy Belly girl, lol!

Regulus Varo
Jul 30th, 2009, 10:14:38 PM
Is anyone else kinda giddy? :3

Slowly starting to freak out about stuff that needs doing.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 9th, 2009, 01:45:27 AM
Finally got the design started for my tattoo. It's a crop circle based on part of a design found for that drone thing that was big a while ago.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/silancy/tatdesign.jpg

The big circle is my mom, with the two smaller ones representing my grandparents. Down the line there's me (with Charley as a satellite), and my two sisters.

It's super rough, but I'll have it ready for when the tat group goes out :)

Mu Satach
Aug 10th, 2009, 05:02:38 PM
ugh - decisions... I hate making decisions.

I've got to be back to work on the 9th, so debating on jetting out of ATL on the 7th or 8th at the moment.

Either way - I want to check out the winery, - up in the air at the moment regarding SixFlags. Love coasters... to a degree. ;)

Callista
Aug 11th, 2009, 08:00:58 AM
I'm short on cash with the big move I just made and starting school - so I won't be doing Six Flags either. :)

Knowing two of my roomies check this board more than the other - I neeeeed your email addresses again! I lost them on my laptop when I had to reformat. Need to send you all the info :) Pass the word on if you see each other!

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 11th, 2009, 03:39:16 PM
Woohoo its getting so close!!! :dance

Ashe Sieris
Aug 11th, 2009, 04:14:57 PM
So why are you all subjecting people to an invasion of SW-Fans?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 11th, 2009, 06:43:20 PM
Because we CAN :D

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 12th, 2009, 03:26:01 AM
I can't beieve how close this is! It does not feel real :eel

Charley
Aug 12th, 2009, 06:58:50 AM
Hey! What happened to our :eel smiley????

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 12th, 2009, 08:22:36 AM
:shakefist damn you iPhone keyboard, making amockery of me!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 12th, 2009, 04:03:34 PM
Oh maaaaan!!!! The :eel smiley was my favorite :(

Callista
Aug 13th, 2009, 04:20:32 PM
Just a reminder - I still have a hotel room at the Baymont (about 2 blocks from the Con) for the 4th-8th. 2 Double beds! it's $95/night - total with tax is like $437.

Pass the word on!

My crew is staying at the Hilton. I'll keep this hotel room probably till a couple days before the Con before canceling so seriously if anyone needs one last minute - let me know!

Han Antilles
Aug 14th, 2009, 10:49:48 AM
Hi everybody from your comrades over at Star Wars Epics! :cheers

I just wanted to post here to see if everyone is interested in a group meeting of SWFans.net and SWE. So far it is just me and Samantha Koortyn, but we may have a few more.

Since me and Sam are Atlanta locals and we've been going to Dragon*Con for several years, we could help out with showing where everything is, tips, what to bring, etc.

If a meeting is possible, let's figure out a date and time. We would love to hang out! :cool:

We love to party as well! We have a room over at the Marriott just FYI.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 14th, 2009, 11:02:28 AM
Sounds great, we should definitely meet up. :) Friday, perhaps?

Han Antilles
Aug 14th, 2009, 11:21:59 AM
Friday shouldn't be a problem for us. We're going to show up Friday morning at the Marriott and check into our room. After that, we're getting our badges at the Hyatt and picking up our pocket programs and souvenir books.

Getting our badges will pretty much take up a lot of the morning as those lines are insanely long. Word of advice-- pick up your badges early! Or prepare to stand in line for a good bit.

After that, we should be open to meeting up! Maybe meeting at the Food Court for lunch? We're pretty much open to anytime, really.

BTW, I'm going to attend wrestling which is on Friday around 7:00. If you're a fan of it, come join!

Also, we have a D*C thread over at Epics, if you want to leave a comment or advise us of any updates:

http://www.starwarsepics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9605

;)

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 14th, 2009, 11:38:41 AM
Would be cool to see you guys, definitely! We should exchange numbers, maybe?

Han Antilles
Aug 14th, 2009, 12:08:05 PM
Definitely! We could exchange numbers via PM when the time gets closer. We can then set up a time and place to meet everyone. :wave

Just a few tips attending Dragon*Con to share with you:

From the Hyatt, you can take a tunnel/hallway over to the Peachtree Plaza, where the nice and cheap Food Court is. It's not really open at night, and many places may be closed on Monday. There are shops over there as well, a Wolf Camera, a bank, a great international CD store, and much more. The food court is kind of in two sections. Everything from pizza to burgers to real sandwiches, and more!

The ATMs will run out of cash before the weekend is over. The little shops will run out of film or memory sticks for cameras and such-like. Bring PLENTY of film!!

The con-suite(AKA free food and snackie room) is on the second floor of the Hyatt; just walk up the stairs behind the 24-hr coffee shop. The coffee shop has some snacks and stuff like that too, and it's a big help that it is open all the time. There is a Starbucks across Peachtree from the Hyatt, and one inside the Marriott. The Marriot also has a little shop with food and sodas and stuff. The Hyatt and the Hilton both do buffets in their restaurants; pricey, but a good value for those who can eat a lot at one sitting.

Tracks will be in all four hotels.

If you like SF and fantasy art, you can't miss the Art Show and Print Shop in the Hyatt. It has similar hours to the dealers' rooms.

Band tables are in the bottom of the Hyatt; fan tables are in the Marriott-- this where you can connect with local and nations fan groups and clubs and find out about other cons.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 16th, 2009, 06:23:54 AM
Your travel authorization has been approved and you are authorized to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program.

:eee hooray!

...This does not guarantee admission to the United States; a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer at a port of entry will have the final determination.

:uhoh

Yog
Aug 17th, 2009, 06:03:01 AM
Some good advice, thanks Han Antilles.

Dasq, I also got that message after filling out the form where they ask if I were a nazi or a terrorist etc. They tell that to everyone. Usually, the border patrol agent just spends a few minutes asking you stuff like "business or pleasure", "where are you going to stay" and "what are you going to do" etc. Then they let you pass unless there are any major alarm bells ringing, like C4 explosives dropping out of your pocket, or a bag of marijuana. :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 17th, 2009, 06:17:36 AM
Will I have to "declare" the two bottles of alcohol in my case?

Yog
Aug 17th, 2009, 07:24:30 AM
Probably. I suspect the customs duty fees might prohibit it from making it cost efficient though. And in that event, you might be better off just bringing 1 liter duty free, then buy the other bottle in United States at the airport or at a liquor store. I'll check what the actual fees are, and what the state side regulations are for Georgia, but this is what I could find as far as basic national customs regulations goes:

Duty Free
The following goods may be imported by visitors over 21 years of age into the USA without incurring customs duty: 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 2kg of smoking tobacco or proportionate amounts of each; 0.95l (1qt) of alcoholic beverage; gifts or articles up to a value of US$100.

Note
(a) Items should not be gift-wrapped, as they must be available for customs inspection. (b) The alcoholic beverage allowance (see above) is the national maximum; certain States allow less and if arriving in those States, the excess will be taxed or withheld.

Verse Dawnstrider
Aug 17th, 2009, 07:57:39 AM
Me and my wife are down for teh Aquarium. Not so much on the rave and six flags. with her being in the motherly way Coasters are out and so is heavy drinking. I think we may be grabbing a group package on the Zoo, Coke Factory, and Musieum.

Han Antilles
Aug 17th, 2009, 10:25:49 AM
As far as alcohol, there is a liquor store literally down the street from the Hyatt. Unfortunately, the U.S. doesn't carry absinthe.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 17th, 2009, 10:30:32 AM
This is alcohol that another poster asked me to get, since it's not available in their state (not illegal, just he can't find it in any stores)

I think one bottle is 70cl and the other 75cl... what kind of duty would I be looking at paying there?

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 17th, 2009, 05:32:48 PM
http://thehague.usembassy.gov/faqs/u.s.-customs ?

Two regular sized (750ml) bottles of wine equal 1.5 liters.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_wine_can_you_bring_back_to_the_United_Sta tes_from_France oh and this!

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 17th, 2009, 05:34:01 PM
If its an issue I'll just bring the Lillet in my suitcase, we sell it here. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 18th, 2009, 12:24:07 AM
That sounds smart. I can still bring the Campari that way!

*highfive*

Wyl Staedtler
Aug 18th, 2009, 04:30:39 AM
Question: does anyone know how to tie (lace? whatever the correct term is) a corset?

Han Antilles
Aug 18th, 2009, 12:18:15 PM
Can't help you there... :lol

But, I found this tidbit of info. Count me there!:

"The Rebel Legion will be hosting the SWatDC Costume Contest on Saturday, September 5th, 2009 from 2: 30-3: 30pm in the Hyatt Regency VI VII ballroom. Each category will have a prize with the top two overall awards receiving prizes donated by Lucasfilm. We will also have special guest judge, Steve Sansweet, and a spectacular halftime show dedicated to the 10th anniversary of The Phantom Menace.

Registration will begin on Friday at 10am at the Rebel Legion table, located at Hyatt Regency Atlanta: Exhibit Level (Outside Grand Ballroom and 2 down from main lobby). We will have 2 prejudging sessions, Friday 9/4 from 2-4 pm and Saturday 9/5 from 11: 30am (right after parade)-1: 30pm. All contestants will receive a photo of them in their costumes during the prejudging.

This contest is open to anyone, and the categories will be as follows:

100 = Jedi & Sith
200 = Troopers
300 = Old Republic
400 = New Republic
500 = Bounty Hunters, Aliens & Denizens
600 = Royalty
700 = Younglings
800 = Groups
900 = Infinities(aka anything that does not fit in the above categories)

Full contest rules will be available at the RL table but we will have a cap of 40 contestants total so REGISTER EARLY! For any additional questions or concerns, please email at lco at rebellgion dot com."

Also, for those who live off free munchies, the consuite will be open. More info:

http://home.earthlink.net/~dc_consuite/

ONLY 16 DAYS LEFT! :eee :eee :eee :eee :eee

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 18th, 2009, 01:25:33 PM
Question: does anyone know how to tie (lace? whatever the correct term is) a corset?
Tightly? I think they tie at the bottom, if that's any help.

If only Ryla was still around, she could tell you... :(

Han Antilles
Aug 19th, 2009, 08:53:48 AM
This just in! Just confirmed William Shatner for this year’s Dragon*Con. He will be appearing at the show, Friday and Saturday:

http://dragoncon.org/dc_guest_detail.php?id=2158

*flails*

:partyhard :partyhard :partyhard :partyhard :partyhard

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 19th, 2009, 10:27:00 AM
There is also now a discounted rate for anyone who wants to visit the Atlanta Zoo:

https://secure3.gatewayticketing.com/zooatlanta/shop/Calendar.aspx?Merchant=websales&CategoryGroupExternalID=16&SalesChannelDetailID=9921&CategoryExternalID=17

Show your Dragon*Con badge at Zoo Atlanta on Saturday, Sunday or Monday, September 5, 6 and 7, and enjoy Super Heroes Weekend at a special discount! Tickets are $20.99. Infants under the age of 1 may sit in a parent’s lap and do not require a ticket. Ticket prices include Zoo admission.

All Dragon*Con members get the kids’ rate of $20.99, which includes Zoo admission and all Super Heroes Weekend special activities. Costumes are welcome! (But the wild things may not understand the weapons. Please don’t bring these in the Zoo.)

About Super Heroes Weekend
See Spider-Man™, Wolverine™ and Storm™ at Zoo Atlanta! See the legendary Marvel Comics™ characters in six live-action shows at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on September 5, 6 and 7. Members of the audience enjoy an exclusive meet-and-greet with the heroes after each show! Buy your tickets now.

Sigmund Landers
Aug 19th, 2009, 11:34:06 AM
^ I love that all DCon members get the kids rate :lol

I would totally be up for a trip to the zoo :D

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 19th, 2009, 12:21:37 PM
You guys could go while some of us are at Six Flags? :D

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 22nd, 2009, 01:43:30 PM
http://imaginariumofdrparnassus.com/blog/tag/dragoncon-2009

Terry Gilliam the American-born British writer, filmmaker, animator and member of the Monty Python comedy troupe will be presenting his new, much anticipated film, The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus at Dragon*Con in Atlanta.

^This is the movie Heath Ledger was part way through filming when he died.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 25th, 2009, 10:22:21 AM
The pocket program (i.e. schedule of everything that is happening) is now available to download: http://publications.dragoncon.org/index.htm#Pocket (also this will be available in hard-copy at the con itself, I think)

All of the photo ops, including group shoots, are up at: http://www.froggysphotos.com/dragonpresales.html (including $240 BSG 'full group' :eek)

Han Antilles
Aug 25th, 2009, 12:11:13 PM
Yeah, they will have the hard copy of them when you pick up your badge.

Gonna download it now so I can plan out my entire schedule. :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 25th, 2009, 02:41:12 PM
Oh, this is so helpful to have now! I was feeling a bit lost as to what I was going to do/see/try to do, and now I can work out a bit of a schedule! I may need a buddy with me at all times though, to drag me along to the next place when my pregnant body wants to sit, lol.

edit: Looks like registration starts on Thursday at 4pm? If that's so, then I want to register then instead of early in the morning. :zzz

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 25th, 2009, 03:53:55 PM
Yeah, Dani and I were just discussing how that would be a good idea.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 25th, 2009, 09:56:37 PM
If people look at the PDF and determine what the absolutely want to go to, I'm putting together a spreadsheet (because I have spare time) to map out when the things are I want to do. Then if others post what tracks they want to go to (i.e. a BSG cast panel - there is one every day so it shouldn't be too hard to coordinate) I can put those in too and we can see the overlap. Then we can see who'll be going to things together, etc.

:):)

Mandy with an I
Aug 25th, 2009, 10:02:44 PM
I have a photo thingy bought for Friday with Dwight Schultz, so that and getting Dirk Benedicts autograph are the only things I absolutely MUST DO. If I don't get Dirks autograph, my sister will murder me >_>

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 25th, 2009, 10:28:17 PM
What time is your autograph thingy?

http://jainhollie.com/random/DragonCon%20schedule.pdf

lol somehow a curly font got put into it when I saved it as a PDF. But you get the idea. And I'm not dead set on some of the ones I penciled in. :)

Mandy with an I
Aug 25th, 2009, 11:06:24 PM
It just says it's on Friday, so I think it's any time on that day.

Edit - I'm looking through the program now. The A-team thing would awesome, even if I have to go by myself >_>; That's Friday at 2: 30 pm. There's also a Batman thing on Monday in the morning, but I don't know if I wanna get up early. Ooo, and TAPS are there. The big problem for me is that I'm not a huge sci-fi buff, I havent seen BSG/half the shows that are what other people are gonna be interested in :-/

Edit 2 - Honestly, I've been really distracted by an adorable guy so I haven't even thought about my trip very much >_< l

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 25th, 2009, 11:53:01 PM
Well, we'll just drag you along with us to stuff. ;) I'm interested in the TAPS panels too, so maybe we can catch one. :D

Mandy with an I
Aug 25th, 2009, 11:55:06 PM
The A-team thing is the one thing I really really want to go to. ^_^; I don't mind being dragged to other things, lol.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2009, 12:04:26 AM
Here is what caught my eye so far:

FRIDAY:
8:30pm Buffy Horry Picture Show (Ballroom A-F Sheraton)
10:00pm Time Travellers Ball (Hanover C-E Hilton)
1:30am Bella Morte (Centennial II-III Hilton)

Saturday:
2:30pm Star Wars Costume Conest (Regency VI-VII Hilton)
8:00pm AQUARIUM
10:00pm BSG Party (Grand Ballroom A-C Sheraton)
10:00pm Firefly Party (Grand Ballroom D-F Sheraton)
12:00am Cruxshadows (Centennial II-III Hilton)
1:30am Voltaire (Atrium Ballroom Marriott)

Sunday:
4:00pm Thriller Practice (Atlanta Sheraton)
5:30pm BSG Panel (Atrium Ballroom Marriot)
7:00pm Thriller World Record (Grand Ballroom A-C)
10:00pm Mad Scientists Ball (Regency VI-VII Hilton)

^_^; I will edit more later.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 26th, 2009, 12:10:13 AM
;) I don't think you can go to two things at once at 10 pm on Saturday. :D

How long is the Aquarium thing? Just as long as you want to stay? I'm not sure on the transportation thing, maybe I should look it up.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2009, 12:13:52 AM
Look at the rooms, they are right next door to each other so it may be doable :mneh I was just planning on peeking into the Firefly party

I believe the Aquarium is open until 11.30pm. I'm sure I read somewhere that there would be shuttle buses operating to get people there...

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 26th, 2009, 12:24:52 AM
For the sake of my spreadsheet I put the Firefly ball on my column. lol

And that's what I had in my head about the Aquarium.

I have to say - I'm really looking forward to going for a swim at the hotel though. ^_^;

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2009, 12:38:37 AM
Your hotel has a pool?! :o *jealous*

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 26th, 2009, 12:40:59 AM
Yours doesn't? :mischief

http://jainhollie.com/random/DragonCon%20schedule.pdf re-linking but its updated with stuff and I figured out the weird font. ;)

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 26th, 2009, 04:13:06 AM
I'll prolly sit down tomorrow night and figure things out... too busy right now to go through the thing

Mandy with an I
Aug 26th, 2009, 08:11:47 AM
Your hotel has a pool?! :o *jealous*

I'm going to take a guess and say your hotel most likely has a pool. Ours does :) If yours doesn't, have a pool party with Holly!

Mu Satach
Aug 26th, 2009, 11:29:46 AM
http://jainhollie.com/random/DragonCon%20schedule.pdf re-linking but its updated with stuff and I figured out the weird font. ;)

:lol You're spreadsheet amuses me greatly. :)

Mandy with an I
Aug 26th, 2009, 11:56:42 AM
LOL! Oh Holly :hug You make me smile.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2009, 12:00:04 PM
...am I missing something? o_O

Mandy with an I
Aug 26th, 2009, 12:03:16 PM
I just think that Holly adding me to her PDF schedule is funny.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472033/<--we should all go and see this!

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 26th, 2009, 12:22:35 PM

:lol You're spreadsheet amuses me greatly. :)

:D I got excited. :)

Han Antilles
Aug 26th, 2009, 12:28:19 PM
Nice scheduling there, Lilaena. I should do something like this. I usually just highlight the events with a marker while I sit in front of the TV. Heh!

So far for Friday I have planned:

10:00 Atrium Ballroom(Marriott) - Nimoy & Shatner(if possible. Line will be insanely long)
11: 30 Centennial II-III(Hyatt) - A Clockwork Orange
1:00 - 4:00 Lunch/Dealer's Room opens up at 1:00. Hall of Fame/Autographs
4:00 Atrium Ballroom(Mariott) - BSG Launch tubes active!
5: 30 Dunwoody(Hyatt) - Steve Sansweet
7:00 Centennial II-III(Hyatt) - Wrestling!(FUN! FUN! FUN!)
8: 30 - Dinner/OPEN for whatever

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 26th, 2009, 12:31:16 PM
:) Awesome signature, by the way, Han.

I'm happy that there are some panels that are on every day, like the BSG panels or the Stargate ones. Makes it easier to figure out a schedule where you don't have to miss something you want to see/do.

edit: is anyone else interested in doing one of the Writer's Workshops? They're $10 at the door but I really want to go to at least one. And not alone. :uhoh I pegged the "21 Days to a Novel" one that's on Sunday, seems that it will be the most helpful.

Han Antilles
Aug 26th, 2009, 12:41:14 PM
Me and Sam were interested so we can improve our writing chops, but we're not sure yet. I'll have to look at the remainder of the schedule and see.

And thanks! :D

Charlotte Tur'enne
Aug 26th, 2009, 12:42:35 PM
(*Waits for Xavier to see this and give her crap*)

Using a spreadsheet actually really helped in organizing stuff (yay for the idea, LD :D ). I went ahead and pretty much tossed every BSG panel on my list since...uhh...I wanted to. Whether I'll actually go to them all or not remains to be seen but at least I know when they are at a glance now.

So aside from overloading on the BSG (mostly to stalk Mr. Trucco. rofl) other notable things I'll probably attempt to attend are...

Friday 8: 30 PM: - Spaceballs: The Panel
Saturday 5: 30 PM: Spotlight on Adam Savage
Monday 10:00 AM: Icons of Horror

Naturally the Aquarium and various other trips we all decide on will be randomly thrown in...but yep, that's about it.

Mandy with an I
Aug 26th, 2009, 12:56:42 PM
Also THE ZOO!

...I really want to go, I haven't been to the zoo since I was a little kid :ohno

Han Antilles
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:03:47 PM
Saturday 5: 30 PM: Spotlight on Adam Savage

Count me in on this! I LOVE Mythbusters! :D

I got Tori, Kari, and Grant's autographs two years ago at D*C.

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt98/razerbern/Grant.jpg

And snapped a pic of Grant.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:07:15 PM
Okay I need help deciding what camera to bring. I have a point and shoot 5 mpx 5 yr old camera that will be easy to hold and snap photos with.

I also have a Nikon D60 that will take much better pictures but will be large and awkward to carry around. As I'm already large and awkward right now I'm leaning towards no, also because if I lose it I'll tear my hair out. Plus packing it ... eh....

Okay I've pretty much made up my mind on the older camera. But if anyone can give me a REALLY good reason to bring the nice one, speak up. :)

Mu Satach
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:14:07 PM
I'm game for a writing workshop.

Mu Satach
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:14:52 PM
I'll pay to rent your lens off your D60.

Mandy with an I
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:23:32 PM
I'm going to see if I can print off the 23 page list so I can pick a bunch of stuff to do.

I can't wait to get pics just so I can put them on my Zune ^_^;

Charlotte Tur'enne
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:26:31 PM
I should be getting my silly iPhone Saturday so hopefully I'll just be using that as my camera for the con. I don't feel like dragging my D70 along...

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:30:11 PM
:lol Money is a good motivator!

I could take it - it would be my second carry on I guess. Or if I figured out some sort of... *brain explodes* Ok I'll revisit this in a bit. My brain is turning to mush and Owen just woke up from his nap. :)

Mandy with an I
Aug 26th, 2009, 01:35:25 PM
I was just checking the arrival times for the ATL people, funny how most of us are arriving around the same time :)

I'm dreading that airport though, so big :x

Mu Satach
Aug 26th, 2009, 02:00:05 PM
:lol Money is a good motivator!

I could take it - it would be my second carry on I guess. Or if I figured out some sort of... *brain explodes* Ok I'll revisit this in a bit. My brain is turning to mush and Owen just woke up from his nap. :)

I'm bringing my D60 and my 18-55mm lens broke when I was in Paris last summer. I use a 55-200mm w/it... but I miss getting wide shots and I don't quite feel like purchasing a new wide lens at the moment. (unless I find a killer deal)

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 26th, 2009, 02:07:32 PM
Someone bring an awesome camera! We need something decent to capture all the fun times.

Personally, I am bringing my Fuji digital (nothing special) and two disposable Lomo cameras (Google image search 'lomography' :)) for some point-and-shoot goodness.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 26th, 2009, 03:05:56 PM
If I can find a lens case I'll bring the lens. Gonna try to borrow a newer P&S to bring along. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 27th, 2009, 12:42:42 AM
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ar2JOF4UO1mtdDBBem5mMnk5YmUzQlB3aWVodHI4L Wc&hl=en

Google docs version of the schedule :)

Yog
Aug 27th, 2009, 01:14:52 PM
Stuff that interests me (some mentioned by others). Also, Thursday schedule included now.

Thursday
5.56 pm - Arrival, Atlanta Airport. Me and Mu picked up? Charley driver?
-> 8.00 pm, unpack, get organized at hotel.
8.00 pm - dinner.

Friday
4.00 pm - BSG-Launch tubes active!, Atrium Ballroom (M) MAIN
5.30 pm - Age of Conan, Athens (S) MMO
6-7 pm - Dinner.
7.00 pm - Wrestling!, Centennial II-III(Hyatt)
10.00pm - Time Travellers Ball (Hanover C-E Hilton)

Saturday
1.00 pm - All About EVE, Athens (S) MMO
2.30 pm - MMO Industry Roundtable, Athens (S) MMO
4.00 pm - Star Wars The Old Republic, Athens (S) MMO
5.30 pm - Spotlight on Adam Savage, Grand Ballroom (S) MAIN
6-7 pm - Dinner.
7.00 pm - Hacking 101, 201 (Hil) EFF
8.00 pm - Georgia Aquarium http://mneh.org/s/coolfish.gif
10:00 pm Firefly Party (Grand Ballroom D-F Sheraton)
12.00am Cruxshadows (Centennial II-III Hilton), [depends on transportation, kinda late]

Sunday
2.30 pm The Science of Star Wars, Dunwoody (H) SW
4.00 pm The Future of Star Wars, Centennial II-III (H) MAIN
5.30 pm BSG Panel (Atrium Ballroom Marriot)
6-7 pm - Dinner.
7.00 pm Thriller World Record (Grand Ballroom A-C), [as spectator]
10.00 pm Mad Scientists Ball (Regency VI-VII Hilton)

Monday
Six Flags! :rollin

Although, I'll try to tag along with others as much as possible. :partyhard

Disclaimer: If I run out of stuff to see, or I'm too bored listening to lectures about werewolves, vampires and obscure sci fi, I might hang around somewhere in these sections: 201 (Hil) EFF, 203 (Hil) SPACE, 205-207 (Hil) SKEP.

Will edit this list as I find more points of interest.

Mandy with an I
Aug 27th, 2009, 01:48:46 PM
I forgot paper to print the thing out on at my mums...>_>

If you go to any Skeptic things, I might tag along Yog :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 27th, 2009, 01:54:14 PM
6-7pm appears to be the natural break that the Con put in the schedule for dinner. I updated the PDF, now with Thursday added and everyone's arrivals!

And...

...COLOR.

Yog
Aug 27th, 2009, 02:02:11 PM
If you go to any Skeptic things, I might tag along Yog :) Sweet! :D

6-7pm appears to be the natural break that the Con put in the schedule for dinner.
Ah, I was wondering about that. Makes it much easier to plan and coordinate the weekend. Thanks!

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 27th, 2009, 03:33:11 PM
Here's my updated vague list of things I would be interested in attending.

FRIDAY:
1.00pm Farscape (A601 M)
4.00pm BSG (ATRIUM BALLROOM MAIN M)
8:30pm Buffy Horry Picture Show (Ballroom A-F Sheraton)
10:00pm Time Travellers Ball (Hanover C-E Hilton)
1:30am Bella Morte (Centennial II-III Hilton)
CLUBBING THIS NIGHT?

Saturday:
2:30pm Star Wars Costume Conest (Regency VI-VII Hilton)
3.30pm ABNEY PARK (CONCOURSE HILTON)
4.00pm STAR WARS OLD REPUBLIC (ATHENS S)
8:00pm AQUARIUM
10:00pm BSG Party (Grand Ballroom A-C Sheraton)
12:00am Cruxshadows (Centennial II-III Hilton)
1:30am Voltaire (Atrium Ballroom Marriott)

Sunday:
4:00pm: STAR WARS (CENTENNIAL II-III HILTON)
5:30pm BSG Panel (Atrium Ballroom Marriot)
5:30PM Author Autographs (M301 MARRIOT)
7:00pm: STAR WARS (ATRIUM BALLROOM MARRIOT)
10:00pm Mad Scientists Ball (Regency VI-VII Hilton)

Monday:
SIX FLAGS???

Oh also re: the transportation thing, I believe Chris/Morg is being a gent and picking me up from the airport, since we are roomies.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 27th, 2009, 05:18:47 PM
There's like three of you arriving at the same airport at roughly the same time. :)

And I don't think there's much clubbing to do on Friday nights after 1: 30 am. At least here clubs close down around 2 am. So there's that. Unless you mean between your 10 pm thing and the 1: 30 am thing. ^_^;

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 27th, 2009, 07:18:58 PM
Tenative

Thursday

Arriving in ATL at 9:17am in theory XD
Getting settled at the hotel
Registration and picking up badges at some point
FOOD

Friday

10am - Babylon 5 Guests
1pm - Farscape Guests
8: 30pm - Buffy Horry Picture Show
10pm - True Blood Southern Discomfort
1: 30am - Bella Morte

Saturday
1pm - [adult swim] The Venture Bros. Panel
5: 30 pm - Farscape-Ten Cycles and Counting - and I love this show too >_>
8pm - Aquarium
1: 30am Voltaire

Sunday
7.00 pm Thriller World Record (Grand Ballroom A-C) (I'll be watching with Yog)

Monday
Six Flags

This is the stuff that I was like ooo aahh thus far... there is other stuff too but I am not married to this XD. Jen and I wanted to do lots of music too :D

So going to be sleep deprived and I love it! :D

As for the rest of the week. still working on it

Karl Valten
Aug 27th, 2009, 08:43:19 PM
Sooooo, I have procured myself a Dr. Horrible costume and will be bringing it with me.

On the other note, I have not had the time to go over a schedule so I am wondering if people who have some semblance of organization mind me tagging along with them.

There's some crap I have to deal with that might end up going to court and I do not have the time to figure out where and when I'd like to be.

Sorry about the mess, I am more than slightly pissed off at this current moment in time.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 27th, 2009, 09:31:08 PM
There's like three of you arriving at the same airport at roughly the same time. :)

And I don't think there's much clubbing to do on Friday nights after 1: 30 am. At least here clubs close down around 2 am. So there's that. Unless you mean between your 10 pm thing and the 1: 30 am thing. ^_^;Uhhh in Miami the clubs close at like 7am. No idea how it works in Atlanta.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 27th, 2009, 11:54:42 PM
And I don't think there's much clubbing to do on Friday nights after 1: 30 am. At least here clubs close down around 2 am. So there's that. Unless you mean between your 10 pm thing and the 1: 30 am thing. ^_^;

I meant clubbing as a possible alternative to the con night-time activites obv.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 28th, 2009, 12:32:24 AM
^^ :mneh whatev!

Charley
Aug 28th, 2009, 01:15:17 AM
The only clubbing scene I'm familiar with in the ATL is the strip club scene, but if you're into that sort of thing, the Cheetah is p. decent and is conveniently midtown to boot.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 28th, 2009, 10:25:50 AM
We were just looking for somewhere to drink and dance but who knows :mneh

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 28th, 2009, 10:29:16 AM
Strip club huh? XD

And Holly, it is true that not everything closes up awfully early... :lol Places in Chicago can go till 3-4 am depending

Karl Valten
Aug 28th, 2009, 11:29:19 AM
2-4 am in Minneapolis. Atlanta probably has a damn good club scene. Let me dig into this a bit.

Anyone have a preference to the locale? I usually favor the alternative clubs.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 28th, 2009, 11:31:18 AM
Likewise. Rock would be good, but I am up for electro/dance also tbh. As long as it's not hip hop :uhoh Whatever looks like it will have the best atmosphere :)

Han Antilles
Aug 28th, 2009, 12:07:34 PM
This is where I usually go to see bands and clubbing myself:

http://www.masq.com/

It's a bit away from the con, though. About 10 minutes driving time, but easy to find. Music there ranges from 80's, electronica, techno, industrial, Metal, and goth.

Sam
Aug 28th, 2009, 12:09:51 PM
I'm kind of a loser for drifting away and missing out on all the fun. Maybe I'll just drive down and sleep in my car.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 28th, 2009, 03:24:53 PM
:whip You SHOULD! But I bet you wouldn't have to sleep in your car.

Sam
Aug 28th, 2009, 03:34:26 PM
Really, as long as I find some place to shower, it's all good.

Liam Jinn
Aug 28th, 2009, 03:38:18 PM
Really, as long as I find some place to shower, it's all good.

Like I said, Gas Station bathroom.

Sam
Aug 28th, 2009, 03:43:51 PM
Ok, step 1: purchase a sponge on the drive down.

That is one nice thing about being a single loser with no girlfriend/wife/kids. I can do irresponsible shit like decide to maybe drive down to Atlanta on the spur of the moment.

Samantha Koortyn
Aug 28th, 2009, 05:15:39 PM
I second the Masquerade. Even if you were still wearing your DC costumes you wouldn't get a second glance (if you are wearing costumes).

Also I plan to attend some skeptic panels. This was a relatively new development in DC and I'm thankful for it.

Oh also I second Max Lagers for dinner but we really need to set it in stone because a group will need a reservation a day in advance.

Karl Valten
Aug 28th, 2009, 05:33:11 PM
I'm up for both

Yog
Aug 28th, 2009, 06:02:36 PM
On the other note, I have not had the time to go over a schedule so I am wondering if people who have some semblance of organization mind me tagging along with them.

You can tag along as much as you want with me. :)

Mandy with an I
Aug 28th, 2009, 10:07:52 PM
Sam, you can stay with me if want :P You can sleep in the tub!

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 29th, 2009, 02:01:02 AM
The tub: the bachelors bed of choice :lol

Karl Valten
Aug 29th, 2009, 08:19:32 AM
Plane leaves on Mooooonnnnnnnnnndddddddaaaaaaaaay!

:dance

Christin and Charley, I'll give one of you two a ring tomorrow.

Mandy with an I
Aug 29th, 2009, 10:55:09 PM
Okay, here is my picks for things that I must-do! (well, wanna do anyway!)

friday - is on the sheet already

Saturday - TAPS @ 1130 am

Sunday - Dirk Benedict @1130, Patrick Stewart @ 1:00, Don't Drink The Kool Aid @ 230

Monday - Icons of Horror @ 10:00 (hopefully I can wake up that early!), Star Trek Guests @ 1130 (but that's a maybe?)

I made a word doc with columns that I printed out :D >_> lol

Morgan Evanar
Aug 30th, 2009, 12:56:59 AM
If interested I can bring my 360 to Charley's and one controller. If someone else has more than one controller please bring it.

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 30th, 2009, 03:55:03 AM
^ I like this, though I don't have any controllers to bring along with me.

Yog
Aug 31st, 2009, 01:53:20 AM
I should let you know, I plan to have lunch with some friends of my father Wednesday the 9th while I am in Alabama. Probably near noon or so, in or near Birmingham (because it is close). Hopefully, this won't be of any inconvenience.

Also, would any of you guys know what kind of calling cards are recommended (because using hotel phone or calling with my cell phone in the US will cost an arm and leg). I suppose those can be purchased at the airport in New York while waiting for my connecting flight to Atlanta?

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 31st, 2009, 02:04:56 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6WQz5D8vin0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6WQz5D8vin0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Karl Valten
Aug 31st, 2009, 05:22:18 AM
On the way to the airport! See the rest of you nerds in a few days.

:wave

Sam
Aug 31st, 2009, 09:28:22 AM
Wow. So the stars alligned and several key things changed here at work, including a substantial project that has been postponed and an important client meeting that was cancelled.

Suddenly, what was extremely unlikely a month ago and a "ha ha, I can joke about it happening" thing a week ago is suddenly reality. I could totally go to this. I'd be flying in because airfare to the ATL is cheap, and cabbing it, probably coming in Thursday and leaving Monday. However, that would mean not having a car to sleep in (no, I wasn't really joking about that).

Sooo, in all seriousness, does anyone have a patch of hotel floor I could curl up on? I feel like a bit of a shmuck, since everyone else was responsible and planned things out, and I'm swooping in here at the last moment impulsively, but this suddenly seems like it was meant to be.

A few phone numbers from key people PM'd to me would be awesome too.

Sam
Aug 31st, 2009, 04:06:51 PM
Let it be known that Mandi has further solidified her title of "Awesome". I will not be sleeping on the streets.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 31st, 2009, 07:34:38 PM
Awesome! :)

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 31st, 2009, 11:53:04 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO Edward James Olmos cancelled NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry

(bonus: Michael Hogan is now attending)

Han Antilles
Sep 1st, 2009, 11:49:31 AM
I know.... I was quite bummed to hear this. But at least I got to meet him last year.

At least we get Tigh.

Charley
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:04:35 PM
I should let you know, I plan to have lunch with some friends of my father Wednesday the 9th while I am in Alabama. Probably near noon or so, in or near Birmingham (because it is close). Hopefully, this won't be of any inconvenience.

Know where? Or are you looking for places to eat. There are some good establishments with fine dining and aren't too pricey I can recommend. For a noon lunch, you should probably eat at Chez Fonfon.

Yog
Sep 1st, 2009, 01:25:29 PM

Know where? Or are you looking for places to eat. There are some good establishments with fine dining and aren't too pricey I can recommend. For a noon lunch, you should probably eat at Chez Fonfon.

Chez Fonfon would probably be a perfect place. We have not planned it too specific yet, because I want to see what the schedules are going to look like on Wednesday. I am trying to not miss out on wine tasting and shooting range, if we're still planning for that. If that does not pan out, I guess some place close to a shopping mall would be good, because then I could do some shopping while I am at it. They will probably pick me up at your place, unless it is convienient for one of you to give me a short lift to nearby dining place.

Yog
Sep 2nd, 2009, 02:17:35 AM
Random things you probably should remember:

- Plane tickets
- Hotel reservation
- Creditcard / dollar bills
- ID / passport
- ESTA visa waiver application form or application number (for foreign travelers).
- Dragon*con reservation (pink postcard) and aquarium ticket.
- Note down important addresses and phone numbers.
- Pen and paper.
- Bring maps if you have them.

Charley
Sep 2nd, 2009, 02:43:15 AM
Well I can give you a few recommendations depending on what your tastes and price ranges are. Birmingham is obviously fly-over country, but you can find good establishments if you know where to look.

We're about 30-35 minutes to most of the good stuff in the metro or in downtown, so travel won't be a problem.

As far as shooting range and winery visits, I forsee no problems there.

Mandy with an I
Sep 2nd, 2009, 07:17:39 AM
Random things you probably should remember:

- Plane tickets
- Hotel reservation
- Creditcard / dollar bills
- ID / passport
- ESTA visa waiver application form or application number (for foreign travelers).
- Dragon*con reservation (pink postcard) and aquarium ticket.
- Note down important addresses and phone numbers.
- Pen and paper.
- Bring maps if you have them.

Just a tip I got off a travel website - put a copy of your itinerary in your checked luggage with your phone number and the numbers of where you'll be staying, in case your luggage gets lost :ohno It helps them find you faster.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 2nd, 2009, 07:27:03 AM
Yea, I am a printing a huge "DON'T SELL THIS AS LOST PROPERTY, SEND IT TO ME!" sign to put inside my case ^_^;

Mandy with an I
Sep 2nd, 2009, 07:30:55 AM
I've only lost my luggage once, and that was when I missed a flight and was sent to another airport. It's a good thing to do, just in case.

I'm so worried I'm going to forget something, even though I'm pretty much all packed. :(

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 2nd, 2009, 07:32:39 AM
Don't worry - anything you forget, either isn't essential or can probably be bought once you arrive in Atlanta! :)

Mandy with an I
Sep 2nd, 2009, 07:35:14 AM
I know, but OCD won't be happy until it's counted everything three times >_< Trust me, I've tried to not count things, and it just makes me so irritated. I'm such a freak.

Han Antilles
Sep 2nd, 2009, 11:40:27 AM
I should stress to bring plenty of cash, as the ATM's in the hotels and food courts will run out of money within the first two days before they are replenished.

GAH! I still haven't taken out my luggage to pack yet. I still need to do laundry as well.

But I'll be there tomorrow. I'll be in contact with either Lilaena or Morgan Evanar or both to meet up.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 2nd, 2009, 01:00:20 PM
I'm packed and at my mums now, just countin down the hours until flight time! I bought another load of dollars today so hopefully I won't run out of cash

Emelie Shadowstar
Sep 2nd, 2009, 03:18:25 PM
:D the last few bits of my second costume just showed up at my house. I am...so excited again. lol

Morgan Evanar
Sep 3rd, 2009, 04:08:35 AM
I'm packed and at my mums now, just countin down the hours until flight time! I bought another load of dollars today so hopefully I won't run out of cashYour bank card will work at our ATMs if you have money in your account.

Mandy with an I
Sep 3rd, 2009, 05:42:02 AM
Leaving in half an hour :eee I hope the people at the border aren't assholes!

Mu Satach
Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:17:03 AM
Sitting in Denver for a bit. To Quizno or not to Quizno, that is my question.

Sam
Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:36:06 AM
If anyone sees Mandi, please have her call or text message me at 414 550 6973. I think she gave me the wrong number. It's not the first time I've gotten a fake number from a girl, but this time it's important, darnit.

See you all tomorrow!

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:38:32 PM
I should stress to bring plenty of cash, as the ATM's in the hotels and food courts will run out of money within the first two days before they are replenished.

GAH! I still haven't taken out my luggage to pack yet. I still need to do laundry as well.

But I'll be there tomorrow. I'll be in contact with either Lilaena or Morgan Evanar or both to meet up.

I texted you!

But I imagine that you were in the huge black hole of cell service that is known as the Sheraton. THE PRE-REG line was/is horrendous!

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:39:09 PM
If anyone sees Mandi, please have her call or text message me at 414 550 6973. I think she gave me the wrong number. It's not the first time I've gotten a fake number from a girl, but this time it's important, darnit.

See you all tomorrow!

I will try to make sure she gets this message. I'm writing it down right now.

Sam
Sep 4th, 2009, 10:39:40 PM
Charlie bought me a drink. All is well.

Yog
Sep 5th, 2009, 12:22:39 AM
Yeah, I am pretty wasted after the vodkas and the whiskey on the rocks.. :D

We're having some great fun here in Atlanta!

Taking lots of funny photos of people in hilarious costumes, and lots of stuff to see and do. Food is great, and so is the company. Very nice and warm comfortable weather, even for polar bears like me who are not accustomed to Georgian weather.

Oh, we got a group photo of Timothy Zahn today. Charley is going to attempt to get punched in the face by Malcom McDowell while asking about his awesome cast performance in Caligula..

I better get a damn pin power converter for my laptop so I can post more updates.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 5th, 2009, 07:17:57 AM
Charlie bought me a drink. All is well.So he DID find a liquor store? Nat and I walked right by the one I was telling him about on the way back to our hotel.

I laughed, long and evilly as we passed it, knowing he was walking in the exact opposite direction.

Okay, well, maybe not, but I did chuckle. :)

Getting ready to head out for day two! Almost couldn't get out of bed today, I think by tomorrow morning my legs will have fallen off.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 5th, 2009, 08:24:28 AM
We found a liquor store last night, though it was not cheap. Still, couple bottles of rum, some vodka, wine... it was a good night at the Hilton. :cool

Karl Valten
Sep 5th, 2009, 09:18:53 AM
We found a liquor store last night, though it was not cheap. Still, couple bottles of rum, some vodka, wine... it was a good night at the Hilton. :cool

I'm surprised I'm alive after that. Twas fun ;)

Morgan Evanar
Sep 5th, 2009, 09:25:42 AM
Showers make life after alcohol possible.

Wyl Staedtler
Sep 7th, 2009, 07:36:19 AM
Everyone is so very, very awesome. Have safe travels home, those who are headed there, and I'll see the rest of you in Alabama in a few hours! Drive safe! Don't stop for weird hitchhikers! :love :hug

Charley
Sep 8th, 2009, 07:38:01 AM
<<-- This is Yog posting because I am too lazy to log Charley off.

We arrived in Alabama last night. All is well. We all got drunk and watched that horrible movie Caligula. We had a hangar deck of sleeping people on the floor.. :p

We had some issues with the AT&T DSL connection, but it seems to be settled now. We will look at the wireless issues in a bit.

Karl Valten
Sep 8th, 2009, 08:52:19 AM
Made it back home alive. Dragon*con was one hell of a blast and I'd like to go again next year.

Forums don't quite look like they've been burned to the ground yet.

People need to drink alcohol for me at the rave, hope you guys have fun.

Emelie Shadowstar
Sep 8th, 2009, 09:53:42 AM
We've got a bottle Disaronno here in your memory ;)

it will last longer than one night

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 8th, 2009, 10:04:25 AM
Had a great time at the con with everyone! Thankfully I didn't watch the whole of Caligula but I understand I didn't miss anything. ;) I'm at the airport now, waiting for my flight back to the left coast.

So glad I came! :)

Yog
Sep 8th, 2009, 10:48:11 AM
Wireless issues are now fixed. So we should see some updates from posters with laptops, I hope! :cool:

We just had some banana bread, and compiling grocery lists.

Karl Valten
Sep 8th, 2009, 10:57:53 AM
We've got a bottle Disaronno here in your memory ;)

it will last longer than one night

YAY Disaronno!!

Morgan Evanar
Sep 8th, 2009, 11:12:47 AM
Showers make life after alcohol possible.Now more than ever.

Mu Satach
Sep 8th, 2009, 12:30:41 PM
Glad to hear everyone made it safely to the hills. I had a blast meeting everyone. :)

Wyl Staedtler
Sep 8th, 2009, 02:28:58 PM
Charley's mum and dad are so nice and give wonderful hugs!

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 9th, 2009, 02:05:09 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/holliebelle/sets/72157622322209270/ con pictures... easier than resizing them all for our gallery :ohno

Captain Untouchable
Sep 9th, 2009, 02:40:52 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/holliebelle/sets/72157622322209270/ con pictures... easier than resizing them all for our gallery :ohno

OMG. Charley has a Jayne hat!! :eee

Charley
Sep 9th, 2009, 04:04:27 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2433/3904837730_8c9a75ea62.jpg

Holly, what.

Charley
Sep 9th, 2009, 04:11:23 PM
Also you seem to be a major fan of the Fargate, but I didn't see any mohawks or wheelchairs.

Verse Dawnstrider
Sep 9th, 2009, 04:39:31 PM
I had fun with people as well. I was in and out with different groups. Seeing as my wife is with child there was not much drinking on our end. Though it was fun watching Liz get stuck beside the bed.

Charley
Sep 9th, 2009, 04:45:44 PM
Our very brief time to chillax together was fun Verse. Hope to see you guys next year!

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 9th, 2009, 06:07:19 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2433/3904837730_8c9a75ea62.jpg

Holly, what.
What, what? I took a picture of the line I was waiting in that stretched around the building. Incidentally I was still very near the front of the room once we were finally allowed in.

It just LOOKS like I'm taking a picture of someone's butt.

Hera
Sep 9th, 2009, 08:45:18 PM
Great photos Hollie. Some of those Aquarium shots are fantastic.

You guys all look so cute, aw :glomp

Karl Valten
Sep 9th, 2009, 09:12:05 PM
Though it was fun watching Liz get stuck beside the bed.

I take full responsibility for this event! :cool: