PDA

View Full Version : Dragon*Con Drinks

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 11th, 2009, 03:35:30 PM
So, Emelie and myself are on a quest to find Star Wars (or general sci-fi) themed cocktails for us to drink in September. If anyone has any recipies or creations of their own, please share! Here are some I snurched from Google:

http://blogs.starwars.com/yoda_l33t/4
http://www.drinkswap.com/drinks/detail.asp?recipe_id=7056
http://www.battlestarextras.com/index.asp?category=Battlestar_Drinks

Even better than these would be drinks inspired by our own characters... still got to come up with the perfect recipie for a Slutty Half-Zeltron, inspired by Miss Shadowstar herself. I feel like Grace needs a drink named in her honour too, but the right combination has yet to come to me... :mischief

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h-AIZG0pNvQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h-AIZG0pNvQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Emelie Shadowstar
Jun 11th, 2009, 03:46:49 PM
I'm workin on the one, honestly I am. :lol

But yes...I figure if we get enough of these together I might even go so far as to make a cute little booklet out of them and get some printed and bring them with me in Sept.

Grace Van-Derveld
Jun 11th, 2009, 04:11:14 PM
Surely my supposedly dead partner is insane ...

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 11th, 2009, 04:13:05 PM
Now taking suggestions for the Grace "Sassypants" Van-Derveld shot >D:mneh

Emelie Shadowstar
Jun 11th, 2009, 04:18:56 PM
I think it would have to be initially bitter with a sweet after taste :D

....*hides!*

Karl Valten
Jun 11th, 2009, 04:22:59 PM
Jag-bomb but instead of loading up on red bull use amaretto instead. :p

Grace Van-Derveld
Jun 11th, 2009, 04:59:43 PM
:twak

that is all

Hobgoblin
Jun 11th, 2009, 05:09:42 PM
Apparently we need to watch the sass around Captain Sassypants.

/Hobscamper

Morgan Evanar
Jun 11th, 2009, 06:06:56 PM
I want lots of Irish Carbombs.

Xavier Synik
Jun 11th, 2009, 06:11:37 PM
Jag-bomb but instead of loading up on red bull use amaretto instead. :p

That just sounds evil... I like it... I shall have to try...

Charley
Jun 11th, 2009, 07:42:42 PM

My rap sheet on Irish Carbombs should be well known by now. There will be plenty.

Karl Valten
Jun 11th, 2009, 08:53:01 PM

I am Karl Valten and I approve of this message.

Charley
Jun 11th, 2009, 09:07:10 PM
Guys you just have no idea how well stocked we will be. It's going to be nothing short of ridiculous.

Liquor, wine, craft beer, cooler beer, and hell we might even have a keg of beer and some hunch punch or bullfrog too.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 11th, 2009, 09:29:24 PM
And Romulan Ale ;)

Charley
Jun 11th, 2009, 09:30:13 PM
Romulan Ale! Why, Bones, you know this, is, illegal! /Shatner

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 12th, 2009, 01:29:08 AM
I hope you'll have water. :uhoh Or... Coca~Cola. :yum Or virgin margaritas. :D

Charley
Jun 12th, 2009, 05:19:48 PM
We have water on tap! And unlike the water in most of the nation, our tap water is actually tasty.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 12th, 2009, 05:29:13 PM
That's what everyone says. :uhoh

Mandy with an I
Jun 12th, 2009, 05:38:52 PM
The non-alcoholics can always go for a Walmart run. I know I'll have to buy some diet pop for the week :)

Charley
Jun 12th, 2009, 05:44:28 PM
We'll have some non alcoholic options on hand, but you may want to BYO if there's a kind of soda or thing that you want. I really don't want to load up on a bunch of high fructose corn syrup unless its vital.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 12th, 2009, 11:48:33 PM
Since myself and the Bama crew are driving in there are far less limits to our antics. We can scout kegs within a 30 mile radius and venture on epic quests to retrieve them.

SERIOUS BIDNESS.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 13th, 2009, 02:17:20 AM
a quest?!

LFG booze run

Emelie Shadowstar
Jun 13th, 2009, 12:42:58 PM
And so thus it was that the great heroes of SWF embarked upon a quest of epic proportions for the great "Keg of a Thousand Hangovers".

:p

Morgan Evanar
Jun 14th, 2009, 06:18:26 AM
Hangovers? We don't need to stinkin' hangovers.

Emelie Shadowstar
Jun 15th, 2009, 12:21:26 PM
Keg of a Thousand urhm... :uhoh

NightsOfDrunkenDebauchery?

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 15th, 2009, 02:11:01 PM
My take on what the Slutty Half Zeltron should be...

Pour into a shaker with ice:
- 50ml vodka
- 25ml Cointreau
- 20ml cranberry juice
- 10ml lemon juice

Shake & strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a zest of orange peel.

Piiiiink :D

Emelie Shadowstar
Jun 15th, 2009, 02:38:35 PM
Nahhh not nearly strong enough. lol

XD Someone's already helping me kinda come along with something...so far it's got 2 kinds of rum, vodka, one or two liquors and ...pink comes from grenadine so far but otherwise I think orange/pineapple juice was called for....I might toss in a shot of tequila into it too...mmm...

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 12th, 2009, 08:43:59 AM
Alright, what is the revised recipe for the slut juice? I need to make some when I get home! :D

Emelie Shadowstar
Sep 12th, 2009, 02:25:37 PM
:lol

Oh yes, I said I would post these wouldn't I?

Ok here's the two that happened and were generally agreed to be awesome in yummy and "get you drunk" factors:

I was pretty drunk already when making these so all this is all approximated. Make these in tall glasses is all I can say. ha ha.

The Slutty Half-Zeltron

1-3 shots of Coconut Rum
1-3 shots of Mango Rum (I'd do both of these to your preference. some of those glasses were almost half full of rum before I did anything else o_o; )
A splash of Amaretto (bonus if it's Disaronno)
Around 3 to 4 shots worth of Sweet & Sour mix - honestly I just kinda poured until the glass was about 3/4 full.
little bit of orange juice (just to top it off)
Grenadine (just a bit..it should go to the bottom and from there just go on appearance, really. Think I stopped when the bottom 1/4 or so of the glass turned pinkish)The Sassypants ;)

2 shots of vodka (again, more can be used here. ha ha)
1 shot of coconut rum
1/2 shot of Amaretto (think I used a little less but more couldn't hurt)
Cranberry juice (almost fill the rest of the glass with it)
Orange juice (just a little bit, it should kinda cloud up the glass)and that's it. They were both really simple to make once I got the hang of it. Play around with the ingredients a bit to taste. Think the SHZ you can almost go as strong as you want and you won't taste it...I'd be more wary on the Sassypants as that had quite a bit of a kick to it right off.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 13th, 2009, 11:12:12 AM
Holy heck they are way more powerful than I thought they were. That slut juice is dangerous stuff :uhoh

Miranda Tarkin
Sep 13th, 2009, 11:40:05 AM
Especially three of them >_<

Emelie Shadowstar
Sep 13th, 2009, 12:53:57 PM
Holy heck they are way more powerful than I thought they were. That slut juice is dangerous stuff :uhoh

;) I couldn't have it be any other way!

:| sadly I will have to wait about a week before I can make them again. The boy has like...banned me from alcohol for a bit. lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 14th, 2009, 12:48:58 PM
SHZ has up to 6 shots of hard liquor in it, so yeah, I'd say they were a bit strong. ;)

I'll have to try one... in a year. :cry

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2009, 06:15:03 PM
They didn't taste strong.. That's why they so good :D