PDA

View Full Version : I'm deaf!

Mitch
Jun 7th, 2009, 01:32:14 AM
Okay, well, maybe not toally deaf, but my ears are seriously ringing, my voice is gone, I'm about to pass out from heat stroke and dehydration, and I'm drunk.

It could not possibly have been a better night! =)

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have just returned from an epic seven hours at The Aardvark in Fort Worth, where I had the great privilege of attending the fifteenth anniversary concert for Bowling for Soup.

By far THE most fun I've EVER had at a concert, and I have proudly lost my voice, lost my hearing, killed my liver and nearly dropped dead from exhaustion because the AC wasn't hardly working on a 98 degree day, but wow, it was incredible.

The Leftovers and Frolic were the two opening bands, and while The Leftovers were fun, and their punk skills were solid, they need some more polish before really being a class act. Frolic... I hated. Gads did I hate them...

But then BFS took the stage, and all was good with the world. Song after song I was singing along, dancing like the punk rocker white boy I am, and having a total blast while downing several bottles of Shiner Bock in a very, very small club with VERY loud speakers. Best night I've had in ages. Thought you all should know. =)

Sanis Prent
Jun 7th, 2009, 01:36:32 AM
Excellent :) Having a good concert outing is such a fun thing. I'd miss going out to shows here if we still had any decent bands that came around. It's been a dry spell though.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 7th, 2009, 02:09:03 AM
I can imagine they would be a fun band to see live.. sounds like good times :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 7th, 2009, 07:02:35 PM
You had me worried there for a minute with the thread title. :shakefist

Glad you had a good time! I haven't been to a concert in ages. Getting loose with some alcohol and dancing the night away is so much fun. :D