PDA

View Full Version : Problem with New Posts

Droo
Jun 5th, 2009, 10:29:46 PM
All of a sudden, when I click the New Posts button, I get some Database Error page featuring the following text:

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query (http://75.126.43.122/forum/function.mysql-query)]: Unable to save result set in /includes/class_core.php on line 354

Any idea what may be causing this? I've not changed anything to my settings so I'm wondering if there's anything up on the server end.

Kelly Perris
Jun 5th, 2009, 10:36:26 PM
I'm getting the same error when I try to access the 'Personel Database' area of the Rebel forums. |I I updated the Rogue Squadron roster there earlier today and that was peachy, but now I can't look at the forum it's in at all.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2009, 10:40:32 PM
Ah ha I was just going to post a thread here to find out if I was the only person having this problem. :p

At least, with the New Posts search thing. I don't know whats going on, but hopefully Ogre or Morgan can shed some light on it soonish.

edit: I can't stop clicking New Posts :ohno

TheHolo.Net
Jun 5th, 2009, 10:58:27 PM
It is a host related issue, if it keeps up for another day I will contact them about correcting the storage issues on their SQL server.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 5th, 2009, 11:02:21 PM
wait it just worked!

*crosses fingers* hope it stays working!

TheHolo.Net
Jun 5th, 2009, 11:14:54 PM
Looks like I managed to fix it myself. Let me know if it happens again or if there is still a problem forum/thread.

Kelly Perris
Jun 5th, 2009, 11:25:34 PM
The original first post for this (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15097) thread vanished. I swear, I edited it to update the roster and the emblem and then this error happened and while everything seems to be working now, the post I edited is not there. Weird. |I

TheHolo.Net
Jun 5th, 2009, 11:29:21 PM
That edit may have been the cause of the database corruption which made the error start/persist. The SQL server may have bounced during your edit or something along those lines. I really have no way of restoring a single post. :\

Kelly Perris
Jun 5th, 2009, 11:35:09 PM
S'alright. I've got the roster elsewhere (on my computer) so I can update it on the wiki, anyway. :)

Droo
Jun 6th, 2009, 09:33:52 AM
Cheers for sorting this, Ogre. I think I'd crack up without the New Posts option.