PDA

View Full Version : Raincoats Off

Anj
May 22nd, 2009, 10:10:55 PM
Fruit isn't suppose to float in the air. It isnt natural. Sometimes it might be, though, Nature had a quirky sense of humor. Sometimes. Anj was a product of one of those sometimes. Actually, a lot of the convoy was a product of those sometimes. Thats why he didn't feel like such a weirdo here. At least here, locked somewhere in the vastness of space, he could be himself...completely. No half-hearted moves, with hopes of being inconspicuous. No after thoughts, nothing - just living.

It was good.

It was fun.

"Dinner!"

Anj looked up. His eyes fluttering back to life. The fruit dropped flat in his palm. He had been keeping it suspended in the air for a while. See, Zai had taught him a few things. Nothing special, at least not among some of these freaks of nature, but it was something. Then there was his grin. It went splashing across his face as he scrambled to his feet. Dinner was always a good thing. Even though the mess hall's food wasn't so good, it was worth it. For him, it was social time. That meant he got to bug the others.

"Dinner?" He asked. It was rhetorical. The droid had just said that. No need for explanation. He was just excited. The droid had already slipped off, waltzing down the hall to scream some more. This was another one of the bucket's public announcements. It made the thing feel important. Anj followed it down the hall, up the lift, and through the traffic of bodies. Already the mess hall bustled with life. Pilots, spacers, and...mysterious faces were all grubbing together. Now was his time to dive in - but with who?

It would be sort of on the lame side to eat alone...

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 29th, 2009, 04:01:57 PM
Navaria poked at her well rationed, cooked to a minimum, meal. Over boiled vegetables, instant potatoes and meat product - but the meat was covered in gravy in order to hide the identity of the poor beast that had died. She figured by nibbling on the food whilst staring at the datapad would hide the wondrous treasures of taste her tongue would be receiving.

It didn't work.

Perhaps a Jedi Master shouldn't rely on the Force to dull her taste nutrients over taste. She rather eat what was offered in thanks. The Rebellion was spending a lot of their resources in keeping the Force Sensitives and Jedi clothed, fed and medically sound. So she cheated and chewed on nondescript morsels of food, chewing it enough so that it could be swallowed without choking.

Anj
Jul 19th, 2009, 04:28:06 PM
He wasn't picky. Who could afford to be in these days. Times were hard. And of course, they could always be harder. Anj rather eat, talk, joke, laugh than complain. But he could see as he sat down, plate in hand, there were some heavy eyes. Troubles had been brewing since the band was formed. All these ships, faces, workers, Jedi meshed together in a weird way. That was on top of the fact that this was all so new.

Anj hadn't been around so many people before. He didn't know how to act. Natural was always the right answer, though, but how could he be? Everything seem so stiff. People needed to get comfortable. He needed to get comfortable.

So, with a nice bite of something that look like food, he went into a chew. Running his eyes to the closest one who'd offer their own back at them, he supplied a smile. One of those smiles that didn't show any teeth, and didn't disgust onlookers with half eaten food. He was being polite, courteous, cordial.

Then, he looked away, and found her. She was sitting there, almost right across from him. Nice in the face. Nice in her ways. He knew who she was. Everyone did.

"Navaria,' he said after swallow. It was almost like a whisper. A loud whisper. Finally, he had found somebody...

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 21st, 2009, 07:40:03 AM
Navaria heard her name, spoken in uncertainty? Or at the very least unsure of how to approach her. It didn't carry the weight of a formal greeting or question, but the voice that it belonged to wanted to get her attention, willingly or not...

Swallowing the last bit of tiny morsel that had invigorated her taste buds badly, but did not show it in her features, the Jedi glanced up and instantly spotted where the voice had come from: Anj Nixx. He was staring directly at her, and she smiled, responding with a curious voice, "Yes?"

Anj
Jul 27th, 2009, 11:58:20 AM
A smile came to his face. Not the smile that had simple joy, or charm. No, he smiled a bit more genuine, with a satisfaction rolling through each nerve. Of course charm and joy had a part in that smile of his, but they weren't the key points. In Anj's eyes was a youth that knew the loneliness of ths ship far too strongly to keep hidden. Even as he stared at her, in that bit of silence between her reply and his own, the slight of pain shine bright.

Then, it was blinked away like star dust. The smile didn't fade, though. It stayed, and with the grin came words of interest. Curiosity danced along his tone in a rhythm only years of his travels could have fostered. The boy had a drawl.

"Your dat o' beautiful Jedi Master lady, right?" He asked. It wasn't a question, though. The boy spoke of her like she was on the big screen, or a holovid. For him, those words were a fact. He kept on before she could even nod, agree, disagree or do anything.

"What are ya doin on dis side of the bin?"

Anj hadn't taken another bite. He just kept smiling at her, waiting for her answer like some eager boy for candy. Plus, the food was definitively not satisfying that sweet tooth like her words could. She was a Master, a hero amongst the survivors and new faces.

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 6th, 2009, 11:06:23 AM
She did not blush at his compliment, merely smiled in sincerity to his opinion - which happened to be the majority of galaxy except it was in response to her Sister.

Navaria saw the earnestness of curiosity on Nixx's part, it was written so clearly upon his face, yet eyes had divulged a pain that wasn't ready to be revealed.

"I go where I am needed, and my place is here. With the Rebellion." She gladly set aside her fork and folded her hands upon the table. "I've been working along side them for quite some time now."

Anj
Aug 8th, 2009, 09:34:37 AM
"Really?"

A sly smirk rolled up on his lips as he put his food down. There was a rustle a long the table. People were too busy eating away to pay attention to the conversation. At least, most people. As often is the is the way in small chit-chat, patrons wake up. Something unusual is happening, and the drone of daily living is deaded for a little bit of watching. Anj kept on.

"And 'ere I thougthcha was the Emperor," he teased. "What have y' bin doin for us anywho?"

Navaria Tarkin
Aug 18th, 2009, 07:33:50 AM
She smiled politely at his joke. Navaria had heard it quite a few times already, but most people never thought it got old. "Helping to locate other Jedi that may wish to find sanctuary here or help the cause. Allowing my presence to be a source of information to young Force Users as yourself to train if needed. Most recently I helped to extract several captured Rebel Operatives along with Knight Nytherciria."

Anj
Sep 12th, 2009, 10:35:33 AM
"Locate?"

A smile rolled on his lips. No mischief. Not this time. No, he was thinking objectively. Resolution rolled in her voice. She sat there calm across from him. She had done much. Maybe things she was proud of, and wasn't, but she had done much. Wise beyond her years, and he wanted that. Anj wanted to be by her. His smile didn't fade a tad. As a quiet drag itself between in awkwardly he stared. Then, he just shook his head. A small chuckle came out. The origin unknown. It was a mix of things. There was the awkwardness, but also the disbelief, and acceptance. Sublimation was the note posted in his mind, and he used it.

So much bad had happened over the years with the Rebels. He was no operative, but he had seen how they worked. He had seen what they worked against too. It was a tumultuous bout, but he stuck by their sides as an avid supporter. Over the times many had fallen. Friends of his went missing, and left for dead, however, he was always ready to fill their spot.

He never got the chance.

Not until this moment. Not until Navaria.

"Well, can I help ya next time?" He boldly asked.

Navaria Tarkin
Sep 14th, 2009, 04:05:36 PM
She went to open her mouth to dissuade the young man, but found that her mouth had clamped shut of it's own accord. Did Navaria really have the right to refuse his request? Depending on the circumstances, it was probable that Nixx could join her.

The Jedi set a thumb against her chin. Lips curled as she debated with herself internally. Everyone aboard the Wheel had their own talents for survival and required mutual protection. Others wanted to do more for various reasons.

"It will not be easy," she said, eyes staring at the young man over her hand. "Locating missing Force Users, or even Jedi, is ... tricky. Rumors are what we used to track some down and we always have to be wary of the Empire or their supporters."

Her hand fell away casually, "It's quite dangerous."

Anj
Oct 4th, 2009, 12:34:19 PM
He leaned in.

The seat resisted, crackled. The smile he had onlly widened. As thoughts went through her mind, he only stared. Nothing she said phased him. Actually, it only made him lean in more. As though she was telling him a secret. While the others ate, and a few watched, he felt a boost of energy. He showed none. Well, beside the smirk that was starting to undo his smile.

"Dangerous," he asked. The drawl hadn't faded. It was even there with those simple words. He sucked his teeth afterwards. A bit of the slush was still hidden inbetween. He wasn't doing it for vainity, though. He just like the sound.

"I love danger....When do I start?'

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 9th, 2009, 08:37:14 AM
"You wish recklessness. A Jedi does not seek danger and excitement, we strive for order and peace. We go where the Force whispers us to walk and maintain a vigilance that danger might rear its ugly head." She shook her head and though her tone was soft, it was quite firm in her assessment. "You are not ready for it. Not yet."

Anj
Oct 24th, 2009, 01:57:24 PM
"Not yet"

The words fell on him. Those were heavy words. Anj was ready. His gut boiled with fire. He was sure. The Tattoine sandy winds couldn't change that fact. But he leaned back, lifted his feet in the air and relaxed. Between fluttering blinks, his mind was made up. Pushing his lips up in thought, he looked at her over his boots planted on the table.

"Ya know what my momma would say here...She'd say 'Order, boy? Order? Ya get order when ya straightin' things out, nice and smooth. Aint no sense in straightenin' a smooth road...gotta lay down those bumpy ones.' "

He shook his head.

"I'm ready," he dropped his feet, and leaned in. "I'm just not scared..."

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 1st, 2009, 07:21:19 AM
"Fortune favors the bold, but it can also get you killed," she said with unwavering vision before the brave boy in front of her. "I've unfortunately been witnessed to it."

With a cleansing breath, she continued. "What is needed to be done requires courage and action and a great many of us working together either here or out where the Force leads us. Why do you feel you must seek danger you are not afraid of?"

Anj
Dec 12th, 2009, 07:29:29 PM
"Well..."

He stopped there. He spoke soon. He had many thoughts in his head. The right answer, the best answer, they were all up there as he stared blankly. Those brown eyes rose up, gazing at the ceiling. Still, nothing. All he had was himself, and he to answer from the heart. That was the only way he'd make this right.

"'Cuz im a lil afraid of bein' nobody. I gotta help, I just gotta."

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 19th, 2009, 07:10:53 AM
"Ah, I see," she said with understanding. "A Jedi seeks neither fame nor fortune. The fear of being someone is not our way. We walk where we must, and do what we must to serve the Light."

Anj
Dec 21st, 2009, 04:55:26 PM
Hard head makes a soft---

Well, the rest was clear. Anj remembered his Nana's words. They were clear, cut-dry and honest. He couldn't ignore them now. Not while Navaria looked at him with those eyes. She knew. What? He couldn't put his finger on. It was too distant, but something real, stern and believable rested in those brown eyes.

This woman, who looked so like the evil he was wanted to undo in the galaxy, had swayed him. For a second as he rested there, leaning, he felt powerless. Weak under her sight, because she knew. His choice of words, his vulnerability - it was all there in the air, and he could almost smell his ignorance.

Anj had lost. Head drowning in sudden doubt, he looked down on his plate. There was still much to eat.

"What do you think I must do?"

Navaria Tarkin
Dec 29th, 2009, 11:58:14 AM
"You must train," she replied in earnest admission. "In order to do what your heart is calling you to do, you have to prepare yourself. Learn to protect yourself, so that you may protect others and serve the calling of the Force."

She reached across the table and touched his hand with light fingers just brushing against his skin. "This is just the beginning. Don't be sad."

Anj
Jan 3rd, 2010, 12:47:01 AM
"Train?'

His eyes shot up. His head lifted. He smiled. Thoughts jumbled in his head, stumbling over themselves. Instead of speak immediately, his mouth gaped open. What leaked out was silence. Tongue tied and unavailable, his eyes went dreamy. All for a second, he wandered off to oblivion and beyond and wondered up a grand idea. One that only his enthusaism could truly capture. With a volt, his back straighten, then leaned in. Mouth closed and throat swallowing, he composed himself.

Anj offered his smile. His grand smile, and these words - words he put passion behind, volume, and a lean in.

"Will you train me?"

Navaria Tarkin
Feb 16th, 2010, 08:44:15 AM
Navaria sensed the swirling emotions that captivated the boy. He was so full of potential and possibilities ... and recklessness. I a way, he almost reminded her of a certain impetuous Padawan that often tried the patience of a Trianii Jedi.

"I will," for how could the Jedi Master deny Anj a sincere request that the Force approved of.

Anj
Mar 13th, 2010, 12:52:10 PM
"Then - !" He exclaimed. He almost yelped. He called attention to himself. Eyes shot over around the table. Up until then, it was only glances. Nosy folks couldn't help but watch the shirade unfold. Anj was known for his interesting arrival, and interesting stay, aboard the station. Although few talked to him, they knew of him. Yet everyone knew of Navaria.

Her face was a mark of the Rebellion. Almost considered a marauder amongst the people - so they listened intently to this point. But Anj enthrall was enough to pull at their eyes, and yank at all their senses. He knew this, so he tried desperately to restrain himself. The glee that was written over his face, the widening of his mouth, the big-ness of those baby brown eyes - all held at rein so to not come off to over-eager.

His voice even lowered as he continued, and drew back to his side of the table, nearing a whisper. "Then I'll meet you quarters this week," he said, pulling up from his seat. Grabbing up his tray, he nodded enthusastically, and swept off in the breeze. In just one sitting he had found someone - somebody - something great - to help him on a long path.

All those bad days were gone, as he saw it. At each step, a pep was set in. The smile got a bit wider. Even as he put down his tray and trailed off back to his dorm, he could hear it; the sound of better days. No more rainy days - no more raining on his parade - all raincoats were off.

He was here to stay.

♫Raindrops keep fallin' on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
Cryin's not for me
'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free
Nothin's worryin' me♫