PDA

View Full Version : JJ Band Camp 2009 - Madison, WI

Karl Valten
May 13th, 2009, 03:42:43 PM
Alrighty, 94.1 JJO the hard rock radio station in Madison, WI area has started announcing band for their annual pure-awesome concert that is known as Band Camp.

http://www.jjobandcamp.com/VI/index.php

I've been heading there every year for the last 4 years and the thing has always been a blast. So anyone in the area, I definitely recommend going. I'll be trucking down from Minneapolis around then.

Confirmed bands so far:

Headliner: Mudvayne
Black Label Society
Red
Hurt
Powerman 5000
Hed P.E.
Pop Evil

I expect that at least another 6-8 bands will be showing up on this list over the next two-three weeks.

Band Camp FTW! :partyhard :partyhard

Dasquian Belargic
May 13th, 2009, 03:45:52 PM
I remember you posting about this before.. looks like a decent line-up this year. Mudvayne and Powerman 5000 are two I'd really like to see!

Emelie Shadowstar
May 13th, 2009, 04:15:52 PM
:D How fun.

Reminds me of the festival thing the local station puts on here which I tend to try and get tickets to. Last year was a blast (Metallica, The Offspring, Rise Against, Bad Religion, Pennywise, Scars on Broadway, Seether, Flogging Molly, Atreyu...more...)

This year....uhhh...notsomuch though (Weezer, Kings of Leon, Jimmy Eat World, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Rancid, Silversun Pickups, The Airborne Toxic Event, Cage The Elephant, White Lies). Which makes me sad...and makes me wish I could go to that instead. *points at Band Camp* :(

Have fun for me, though! :lol

Dasquian Belargic
May 13th, 2009, 04:21:41 PM
Yeah Yeah Yeahs are supposed to be sweeeet live.

I haven't been to a festival for years now. Still don't think I'll ever beat seeing Iron Maiden, Foo Fighters, The Pixies, Marilyn Manson, Queens of the Stone Age, Dropkick Murphys, Iggy Pop, Biffy Clyro, Arcade Fire and... well, a ginormous tent-load of others! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_and_Leeds_Festivals_line-ups#2005) 2005... what a year.

Karl Valten
May 13th, 2009, 05:37:01 PM
:D How fun.

Reminds me of the festival thing the local station puts on here which I tend to try and get tickets to. Last year was a blast (Metallica, The Offspring, Rise Against, Bad Religion, Pennywise, Scars on Broadway, Seether, Flogging Molly, Atreyu...more...)

This year....uhhh...notsomuch though (Weezer, Kings of Leon, Jimmy Eat World, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Rancid, Silversun Pickups, The Airborne Toxic Event, Cage The Elephant, White Lies). Which makes me sad...and makes me wish I could go to that instead. *points at Band Camp* :(

Have fun for me, though! :lol

Rise Against, Seether, and The Offspring have been at Band Camp before. Seether was the headliner last year. Twas a lot of fun, though last year was the first time it didn't rain before the event, no mud for people to mosh in.

Heheh