PDA

View Full Version : those interested in Jedi Convoy idea

James Prent
Apr 30th, 2009, 05:04:55 PM
http://75.126.43.122/forum/showthread.php?t=19549

Droo
Apr 30th, 2009, 05:19:07 PM
I'm in! I'll post tomorrow after smelly work.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 30th, 2009, 05:28:48 PM
:eek

where is this taking place? :uhoh

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 30th, 2009, 07:17:07 PM
yeah and... still woulda been nice to have a heads up before this was posted since ... I'm confused as to why this character is doing it and how it all fits. I like some semblance of sense instead of .. oh I'll just post.

granted, I know that the discussion has fallen by the wayside as to most discussions, and I applaud your initiative but... more info needed.... :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 30th, 2009, 07:47:34 PM
I thought I posted about it, but apparently I just talked to Jenny and Droo and have only left bare hints about on the boards. So, sorry about that.

Ann is a force user, but untrained and 'rogue.' She's bought Serena's ship Serenity (An End of Serenity) to add to an eclectic collection of ships and such that she keeps in barely working order with the help of a mechanic friend. I/we talked about just making the convoy available for the Jedi (if someone tracked down Serena's old ship looking for her?) but I figured that only helps the Jedi who know Serena, not the others we're trying to gather.

So I posted an ad. Its a little crazy, which fits Ann's personality, and sliced well enough to make it untraceable. And lets be honest, the Jedi just need to get together. So, initiative?

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 30th, 2009, 07:57:18 PM
as I said I dont mind initiative... just was terribly confused.

Navaria Tarkin
May 1st, 2009, 09:25:44 AM
Okies, I know that we need to get the Jedi together but this feels way too random for me :\ The Jedi coming together was supposed to be I dunno... more epic then some random new character sending out a message

Oh and another side, Navaria would be suspicious (with good reason) of this and not go since the entire Empire is after her - regardless of your OOC addendum. I'm not trying to be difficult, but for my character this doesn't really fit :(

Dasquian Belargic
May 1st, 2009, 09:28:02 AM
I guess this will work for the Jedi who aren't already grouped together but Navaria and Daria wouldn't follow a random message like this. It's just too risky for people like them, who are high-profile fugitives (Navaria obviously, and Daria has been sighted with Navaria by Inquisitors, on Doldur)

As an aside, we already started a thread where they (Nav/Daria/Corell) are going to look for Serena's ship. It's called This Mess We're In, and is in the main SW RPing forum.

Droo
May 1st, 2009, 10:05:24 AM
Well, I'm sorry, but my patience with this place has gone to the wall and I'm only too happy to do something with my character. Holly spoke to me last night, took interest in why I was so stranded with Loki, and decided to do something to help. No-one needs to feel obliged to have their character follow the message but it's there for those that could benefit from it. People like me, who have been sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for replies for, in some cases, months while everyone else's storylines are neatly converging all around them.

I'm frustrated, worn down, and annoyed once again with this place and roleplaying, it's no wonder I've lost interest and taken indefinate absences in the past, it's always been the same. So please, when someone comes forward and does something when, after months of discussion, nothing has happened to the benefit of the community, don't drag it down. Just let us do something.

Dasquian Belargic
May 1st, 2009, 10:13:13 AM
I'm not trying to rag on the idea - just saying why Navaria and Daria logically won't be involved. Everyone else can have fun with it though I'm sure :)

Lilaena De'Ville
May 1st, 2009, 01:24:12 PM
Daria and Nav can still trace/follow/whatever Serena's old ship looking for her, though. :D When they feel like it.

Navaria Tarkin
May 1st, 2009, 03:16:10 PM
Difference of opinion doesn't mean I'm dragging it down :\ I'm allowed to have it Droogy, and I empathize with the fact the Jedi are in limbo. However, not everyone is going to like it, nor fit with the idea. Hell seems to be the issue whenever we (as in the community) discuss something anyway. If not all agree, the idea kinda goes poof or continues to be discussed until nothing happens.

Regardless, I'm glad it does with yours and I know you've been frustrated. I apologize if I've upset you with my thoughts, but that is all they were, thoughts. I'm not trying to stop anything |I

Anyway, the ship is the most likely way I suppose for them to meet up. I think Hob might be involved too? Maybe :huh

Hobgoblin
May 1st, 2009, 07:37:09 PM
Difference of opinion doesn't mean I'm dragging it down :\ I'm allowed to have it Droogy, and I empathize with the fact the Jedi are in limbo. However, not everyone is going to like it, nor fit with the idea. Hell seems to be the issue whenever we (as in the community) discuss something anyway. If not all agree, the idea kinda goes poof or continues to be discussed until nothing happens.

Regardless, I'm glad it does with yours and I know you've been frustrated. I apologize if I've upset you with my thoughts, but that is all they were, thoughts. I'm not trying to stop anything |I

Anyway, the ship is the most likely way I suppose for them to meet up. I think Hob might be involved too? Maybe :huh

As I recall, I talked to you and Jenny about wanting to make an appearance in your thread since my old notion fell by the wayside. I guess that plan has too?

At any rate, I have been working a lot, so the low activity has been useful in allowing me to manage the few things I've had going and not fall behind. However, during those times when I am actually available, it's a bit frustrating to see very little open threads occurring; almost everything seems self-contained and not generally open. I've been trying to reintroduce my characters and the inability to get them involved with other people on a consistent basis has indeed been a stumbling block.

The general notion I have that I'd like to implement in the now at Cloud City is that some nasties go after some Jedi and Hob steps in to protect them, staying behind long enough to allow their escape and then goes underground, to reappear later and be recognized as a potential ally by said Jedi. If anyone is interested in rocking out that idea, they need to give me a five-dolla holla back.

Estelle Russard
May 1st, 2009, 11:21:40 PM
Why dont we just hit the fast-forward button and start some threads where all the Jedi are already hooked up on the floating convoy thingie. The base is just THERE. (Like Dawn's sudden arrival on Buffy, for those who know what Im talking about). Eventually the story caught up to the event.

That way, the problem is solved and we can all, as we chhose, rp or write out how we all came to be there. Put the solution before the horse, so to speak.

At least that way, characters like Droo can be active and move forward.

The trouble comes in timelines.....but those such as Nav/Daria and such can finish off current threads in real time, as well as jump forward...and Droo etc can establish the Base and eventually the two time frames close together.

Or is that just too hard?

Ilias Nytrau
May 2nd, 2009, 09:17:07 AM
That sounds like an excellent plan, dahlin'. Besides, jumping ahead has been done before, yeah? It really shouldn't be that hard. I think, sometimes, we can't help but make things harder than they really are. This sounds relatively simple and doable.

Navaria Tarkin
May 2nd, 2009, 03:01:08 PM
Yeah no kidding ^_^; Talk about feeling silly XD Sometimes you really don't need to connect all the lines >_>

Doh :)

Lilaena De'Ville
May 2nd, 2009, 04:47:56 PM
...which is what my 'ad' does, generally.

sigh

Dasquian Belargic
May 2nd, 2009, 04:50:56 PM
Not really, cause your ad is about us coming together. Skipping forward would.. well, skip that whole awkward initial meeting and go right to the happy families, I guess.

Quit your sighing :mneh

Lilaena De'Ville
May 2nd, 2009, 04:54:21 PM
i will not

Dasquian Belargic
May 2nd, 2009, 04:59:00 PM
Don't make me destroy you! :shakefist

Estelle Russard
May 2nd, 2009, 05:10:43 PM
I think, sometimes, we can't help but make things harder than they really are. This sounds relatively simple and doable.

Sometimes you really don't need to connect all the lines >_>

D

well, skip that whole awkward initial meeting and go right to the happy families, I guess.

My reasoning exactly. It can be so frustrating tryting to get all the ducks in a row, that nothing ever gets done.

...which is what my 'ad' does, generally.

sigh

You guys can still do this LD -- it just means not Everyone has to find some reason to warrant being there.

Most underground groups are formed through word-of-mouth over time...a snowball effect rather than one monumental event or big bang theory like weve all been trying to come up with. Its something that gains its own momentum over time. This makes the most sense to me for the Jedi situation. Those in the know are gonna put others in the know. It could be as simple as that. At least this way, if the Convoy is there, active right now, we can all move our characters forward.

If we are going to do this -- we need a name/nicname for the place.

I suggest the "Wheel" as it is a moving entity and if its ships all latched together like spokes to a nucleaus (I cant spell nucleaus).

Hobgoblin
May 2nd, 2009, 05:16:22 PM
You make me giggle Jenn. :) It's nucleus.

Just to throw some names out for fun: perhaps the Nexus? The Light of Stars? The Oregon Trail?

.... what? I loved that game and we can make up a SW meaning for Oregon. :D

Dasquian Belargic
May 2nd, 2009, 05:28:02 PM
Duuuude.. I don't want us all to die of dysentry cause half our bantha drowned trying to cross the Dune Sea.

wait

Ilias Nytrau
May 2nd, 2009, 06:46:46 PM
FTW.

Seriously, though. I say we do this thing. DOIT.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 3rd, 2009, 07:41:46 AM
The Bakuran Trail ^_^;

Zai
May 3rd, 2009, 09:44:10 AM
I'm diggin the "Wheel" one. Jenn's got a sexy brain, lol.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 3rd, 2009, 09:53:54 AM
What about Ouroboros? To quote Wikipedia:

The Ouroboros often represents self-reflexivity or cyclicality, especially in the sense of something constantly re-creating itself, the eternal return, and other things perceived as cycles that begin anew as soon as they end (See Phoenix). It can also represent the idea of primordial unity related to something existing in or persisting from the beginning with such force or qualities it cannot be extinguished.

Droo
May 3rd, 2009, 09:55:46 AM
Ouroboros, I like. :)

Dasquian Belargic
May 3rd, 2009, 09:57:01 AM
I like The Wheel. It has a good.. rustic sound.

Rhianna
May 5th, 2009, 09:05:14 AM
The general notion I have that I'd like to implement in the now at Cloud City is that some nasties go after some Jedi and Hob steps in to protect them, staying behind long enough to allow their escape and then goes underground, to reappear later and be recognized as a potential ally by said Jedi. If anyone is interested in rocking out that idea, they need to give me a five-dolla holla back.

Here's ya holla. (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19448)

Jedi in need, on their way out of Cloud City, requesting back up from little dudes to later recognize and sing Kum Ba Yah with..

As for the convoy, I can't say for Morgy, but I'm not feeling the classified thing either, for Rhianna. When they are able to regroup I'm sure it would be through tracking the ship, or with Nav and Daria. :)

Estelle Russard
May 6th, 2009, 08:49:45 PM
Did we decide on this? Is the convoy thing a DONE deal and currently 'there' ?

And I dont mind, either name is fine with me.

Dasquian Belargic
May 9th, 2009, 01:51:43 PM
I say yes. The convoy is done and there. Executive decision made: http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19574

I'd propose we call it The Wheel. Ouroboros could be one of the ships?

Zai
May 14th, 2009, 03:12:46 PM
when will this 'Wheel" get in motion?

So far, I haven't seen anything happen since this proclaimation. Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Matter fact, maybe we should start chrono this progression, seeing how we jumped ahead and all.

I'll do it if I know where to start.

Dasquian Belargic
May 14th, 2009, 03:21:02 PM
Feel free to start any threads involving the convoy as soon as you have ideas :)

Lilaena De'Ville
May 14th, 2009, 09:14:57 PM
So I take it my offer has been politely refused? I just want to make sure if you guys are going to use the ships I've offered or not.

Zai
May 14th, 2009, 09:39:33 PM
Maybe it can be a mid point between goin ons and getting to the convoy?

It could definately work for a mid-point for my story. So its not all for nothing

Harlequin
May 16th, 2009, 03:30:18 PM
So I take it my offer has been politely refused? I just want to make sure if you guys are going to use the ships I've offered or not.

I wont be joining that thread you posted at the opening of this thread, but I think it makes sense your ships would be a part of the Wheel at the skip ahead point we are jumping to now. So, in the way I understand it, we actually accepted and are using your ships now.

I am going to start a thread shortly with Harlequin where she is already living on the Wheel. I have just been too busy this week that I havent been online and my priority is to post in my existing threads, as well as I had to check with lil Hob-meister before I went ahead and moved in that direction.

I should be getting that thread up though in the next couple days.

This is a good plan doing this :)

Dasquian Belargic
May 17th, 2009, 10:09:58 AM
^ Right, I was assuming your ship(s) would be joining up with the Wheel, LD.

Zai
May 17th, 2009, 12:06:49 PM
I am going to start a thread shortly with Harlequin where she is already living on the Wheel. I have just been too busy this week that I havent been online and my priority is to post in my existing threads, as well as I had to check with lil Hob-meister before I went ahead and moved in that direction.

I should be getting that thread up though in the next couple days.

This is a good plan doing this :)

Yea, I've already posted up a thread about the Wheel too. Good plan Dasq.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 21st, 2009, 09:26:15 AM
Well, we'll see what happens.

Dasquian Belargic
May 21st, 2009, 09:27:50 AM
Might as well have them all join up? It would be cool to have your ships (whatever they are) there anyway... I just didn't want people to feel obligated to be on a certain ship or ships, or have to be in contact with certain people. This way, the Wheel is just... whatever ships we want it to be (within reason obviously.. no Death Stars :lol). More easily accessible this way.

For anyone who didn't see, I renamed the Enclave forum here to Wheel, so any threads you want to start on board the convoy, have at it.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 21st, 2009, 09:36:39 AM
To be honest I don't know what I'm going to do.

Dasquian Belargic
May 21st, 2009, 09:37:41 AM
Fair enough. Just don't feel like you are being shut out on the idea here. Just trying to make sure everything stays moving, and that everyone can get involved :)

Lilaena De'Ville
May 21st, 2009, 09:51:13 AM
I'm trying not to feel shut out. It was my idea in the first place, after all, you know. ;)

These damn pregnancy hormones have me shifting from fury to tears to meh back to fury at the drop of a hat (and that's just at Ty), so I'm trying to err on the side of not typing much.... :)

Dasquian Belargic
May 21st, 2009, 10:02:53 AM
Ok, well just go chill out for a while then. We will still be here when your hormones calm down :lol

Harlequin
May 23rd, 2009, 03:51:14 PM
Yea, I've already posted up a thread about the Wheel too. Good plan Dasq.

Yes, saw that. Good job :)

Harlequin
May 23rd, 2009, 03:55:58 PM
And Hollie just move forward on your idea with you and Droo in that thread. We (Jedi) are all ending up at the same place...as that was the whole point, no?