PDA

View Full Version : Scotland putting 'The Force' into Policing

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 17th, 2009, 03:58:24 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8003067.stm

Force is strong for Jedi police

Eight police officers serving with Scotland's largest force listed their official religion as Jedi in voluntary diversity forms, it has emerged.

Strathclyde Police said the officers and two of its civilian staff claimed to follow the faith, which features in the Star Wars movies.

The details were obtained in a Freedom of Information request by Jane's Police Review.

Strathclyde was the only force in the UK to admit it had Jedi officers.

In the Star Wars films, Jedi Knights such as Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda use the Force to battle the evil Darth Vader, who has strayed to the dark side.

Jane's Police Review editor Chris Herbert, who requested the information, said: "The Force appears to be strong in Strathclyde Police with their Jedi police officers and staff.

"Far from living a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, some members of the noble Jedi order have now chosen Glasgow and its surrounding streets as their home."

Glasgow? LOL. They must be some badass Jedi.

Aree Ankarta
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:12:19 AM
You gotta be kidding me....?!?! This immediately brings the scene out of "I,Jedi" to my mind, where Corran Horn is playing vigilante "police" via Force projections and such, trying to convince the bad people that they're all in for trouble. :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:13:28 AM
I'm not sure their Jedi mind tricks will work on the hardened Glaswegians :lol

Aree Ankarta
Apr 17th, 2009, 04:19:15 AM
Oh I so gotta send this to a friend of mine who originally comes from there.... hehehehe.... he's gonna have one hell of a chuckle.

General Dan
Apr 18th, 2009, 04:36:54 PM
It makes sense to want a lightsaber in such a stab-happy city.

Aree Ankarta
Apr 19th, 2009, 04:18:36 AM
I foresee there will be a news story in the papers some day soon, where some criminal got taken out by being clobbered by a fake saber...