PDA

View Full Version : This Mess We're In

Daria Nytherciria
Apr 14th, 2009, 08:57:21 AM
“What about Morgan?”

Something beeped, and then a stream of white noise filtered into their cramped room as Navaria worked the controls of their communicator. Since returning to Cloud City, they had seen neither hide nor hair of the rest of their traveling party and whilst it wasn't odd that the other Jedi should be difficult to pick out on the floating city's busy streets, being unable to establish remote contact was another matter entirely. Their one base of security and stability had somehow, in their absence, begun to fall apart.

Navaria sighed. “No... no response. I can't get hold of anyone.”

“If they left without contacting us, something must be wrong.” Daria's pulse quickened, as she wondered what had become of her young apprentice, Wyl Staedtler. Before her train of thought could progress any further, it was interrupted by a knock at the door. On reflex, the Jedi Knight quested her senses out to what lay beyond the locked door, to see if it was anyone familiar. The expression of faint confusion and anxiety she gave Navaria indicated that their guest was a stranger.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:34:32 AM
Navaria placed a comforting hand upon Daria's shoulder as she passed by her fellow Jedi, "There's nothing to fear. It's Corell, the woman I met on Talos. Though I will admit to my surprise in her arriving so quickly."

She approached the door and paused momentarily, allowing her senses to ensure that no other beings lay in wait nearby. Navaria was not dressed appropriately for anyone to see her. With no scarf or hood to cover her face, she did not want to stand openly in front of the door.

At the side of the entrance, Navaria waved her hand and the door unlocked and opened inwards towards the wall. "You may come in Corell."

The Jedi Master took a deep breath and waited for the inevitable confusion as to her appearance. This would be the first time Corell saw her 'true' face.

Corell Capstan
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:45:10 AM
The door slammed shut behind the blonde, whose entrance might have been called 'storming in' if there had been enough space in the tiny room for such bluster. Corell tore off her sunglasses, to show hazel eyes cold with anger. Just seconds into her arrival, she slammed the heel of one palm against Navaria's sternum.

“What the frell?! I trusted you!”

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 14th, 2009, 09:50:21 AM
Navaria allowed the palm to hit its mark and she stumbled back a few steps. She brought a hand to her chest while catching her breath, "You haven't misplaced your trust, but use your senses, not your anger to judge. Why would the Empress of the Galactic Empire be doing here in this hovel?"

Corell Capstan
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:03:33 AM
Throwing both hands in the air, the blonde's expression twisted in frustration.

“So what, you're her identical twin who just happens to be a Jedi?”

Looking Navaria up and down in disbelief, Corell shook her head. Stranded in the Outer Rim, spending her life amongst a close-knit circle of no-hope smugglers, news of the Galactic Empire's leadership had been rare and even when it did reach them, the crew of the Bad Mamma Jamma made a point of ignoring it. Until earlier that day, Corell had not known the face of the Empire – and now she found herself confronted with the reality that it looked identical to the woman she had thought to be her saving grace. It was that thought which laced her anger with sadness.

“If this is some kind of set-up, just arrest me already... I swear you won't get a better chance than this.”

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:07:33 AM
Navaria sighed sadly, "It is not a set up and yes ... What you said jokingly is the actual truth."

Explaining herself since learning her true identity never became any easier. "I couldn't explain any of this while on your ship. Too many ears and I trusted only you."

Daria Nytherciria
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:13:09 AM
To the blind Knight's eyes, the woman Navaria had called Corell was a writhing mass of untamed energy. Daria's brow furrowed as she studied the woman's aura, whilst her hand dipped instinctively to the saber hilt concealed at her hip. Though she had no desire to draw the weapon, if the situation became volatile she would not hesitate.

“Navaria speaks the truth. Search your feelings.. you will see there is no deception here.”

Corell Capstan
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:18:52 AM
Corell just shot at an incredulous stare at the vacant-eyed redhead who had just spoken. With the same expression, she swung her attention back to Navaria. Once again, she found the brunette's presence inspired more questions than it answered, but she had no idea where to start.

“I only see two of you. Where are the others?”

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:27:42 AM
Navaria cleared her throat and waited for the inevitable backlash of criticism from Corell, "We're ... not sure."

She straightened herself upright and tried to explain. "Daria and I have been gone for a decent length of time, working for the Rebels as I explained on Talos. We've been purposefully out of contact for the Jedis protection. Both of us were surprised when our calls haven't been returned. They still haven't ..."

Corell Capstan
Apr 14th, 2009, 05:36:00 PM
“Great. This just gets better by the minute.”

Just about buzzing with restless energy, Corell pushed one hand back through her cropped hair. Things – things being just about everything – were not looking good. It was difficult to say whether they were looking specifically bad, on the other hand, but they certainly weren't good. Uninvited, her feet carried Corell to the room's meager bed where she sank heavily down onto one corner of the mattress.

“Tell me we aren't stranded here without them.”

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 14th, 2009, 05:38:14 PM
Navaria coughed, buying a precious second to think of some polite way to quell Corell's fears. None came.

"Stranded isn't quite the word I would use ..."

Corell Capstan
Apr 14th, 2009, 05:42:40 PM
Jerking her head up, the blonde frowned. Right then and there, vague was not reassuring.

“No? Which word would you use? In fact, make that words.”

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 14th, 2009, 05:51:34 PM
"To be honest," she looked towards Daria for support, "We can't reach them. I've been trying everything I can think of, but their presence has been veiled when I search the Force for guidance, and all of the comm channels that I know they use are inadequate. I'm at a lost as to what happened."

Navaria sighed and rubbed at her temples, somewhat weary from how taxing this situation had become. "I felt no danger when we arrived. This vexes me."

Corell Capstan
Apr 28th, 2009, 12:31:18 PM
In agreeing to come to Cloud City, Corell had effectively thrown her lot in with Navaria and the Jedi she traveled with. The idea of splitting up their little gathering didn't sit well with Capstan, whose hope of reuniting with lost Jedi had been her only buoy in times of darkness.

“So let's get out on the streets and find them,” she said, rising purposefully to her feet. “If they're still in the city, someone has to know where they are – and if they left, then there must be a 'port-hand who knows about it.”

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 30th, 2009, 10:28:17 AM
Navaria shook her head sternly, "We cannot just wander aimlessly searching for them. Too many ears and eyes upon us will cause unnecessary curiosity our way. We still need to remain vigilant and keep our presence here discreet. We require direction."

The Force was a powerful ally and could lead an attuned Force User to what they desired, but a Jedi needed a clear mind to tap into that power. "However, we know where our allies ship is docked. We can begin there."

Corell Capstan
May 20th, 2009, 04:48:14 PM
With a quick glance between the two women, Corell threw one hand in the air and shrugged.

“So, what we waitin' for? Hell, if needs be I can go find the frakin' thing myself. No one here is gonna recognise me anyway,” the blonde added, with the silent addendum to herself: At least, I hope not.

Navaria Tarkin
May 22nd, 2009, 01:57:17 PM
Navaria threw a sideways glance to her companion. "It wouldn't hurt to scout out the docking bay. Standing still and waiting for someone to contact us would be counter productive in this case, I feel."