PDA

View Full Version : Concerning Jedi Poll

Serena Laran
Apr 3rd, 2009, 11:25:45 PM
Ok people, get your butts in gear. I mean, *I* at least have a good excuse for letting things slack a little.

:twak

:angel

Serena Laran
Apr 3rd, 2009, 11:31:02 PM
Vote for as many options as you like. Votes are public.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 4th, 2009, 03:36:35 AM
I voted, on behalf of my many Jedi.

Droo
Apr 4th, 2009, 08:57:11 AM
I have a problem with this cryptic message idea. It's extremely flawed in two ways, the first of which has already been discussed regarding the lack of knowledge surviving Jedi will have of Jedi lore and/or history, but the other problem is that if we are to assume such characters have knowledge of it then I think it's quite daft to presume the Empire, especially the Inquisitoriate who make it their business to hunt Jedi down, wouldn't be able to interpret said message correctly. In fact, I'd go as far as to say the Inquisitors probably have access to libraries of Jedi lore at their disposal, compared at least to your average Joe.

Zai
Apr 4th, 2009, 09:18:54 AM
Well having a prophecy come true would work too, from the polls so far.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 4th, 2009, 09:42:13 AM
BTW when I voted 'Hijack the holonet', I was voting for the original Navaria idea (with the series of transmissions).

Hobgoblin
Apr 4th, 2009, 11:11:00 AM
I voted for everything except the "beacon in the Force" idea just because I cannot rationalize that. I like all the others and think they could easily be woven together.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 4th, 2009, 01:10:55 PM
Prophecies suck, bring on the random awesome chaos of FATE HAHAHAHAHA.

Do whateva you want have fun bring friends ~~~

Droo
Apr 4th, 2009, 01:45:24 PM
Do whateva you want have fun bring friends ~~~

Wait a minute, are you referring to this whole thing in general or just emphasising your objection to prophecies in stories? If it's the former, it's a really crap and unproductive attitude.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 4th, 2009, 02:59:59 PM
The latter, especially given the fact most of the Jedi's resources to know/interpret are under lock and key by the Inq. or scattered in random places or burned to the ground. 3/4+ of the Jedi know diddly doo about prophecies.

I think the prophecy worked well in Star Wars and they can be done well, but I don't think our scenario supports it. I stand by my later posts in the original thread on this topic. Alliance slicers/commandos co-opt an Imperial network node, broadcast a message pre-recorded by Nav denouncing the actions of the empire, people goes FFFFFFFFFPPTTPPTPTPPTT and demand new keyboards. Some Jedi have to act publicly, rumors abound. Alliance rallies, Empire goes "WTF", "pfft poppycock" or "shit shit FIRE ZEE MISSILES" depending on what part of the Empire you joyride with.

That's my fiddy cent.

Droo
Apr 4th, 2009, 03:32:43 PM
The whole prophecy idea concerning Navaria needs to be explained because clearly, it hasn't been made clear. The prophecy in question is very loose and merely a plot device for a religious kind of character to approach Navaria and talk her into doing something crazy. There doesn't have to neccessarily be a real existing Jedi prophecy, maybe the religious nut has misconstrued a text he'd read but blah blah blah, I'll break it down in its most basic:

Rev, Solomon, ex-Jedi turned preacher, encounters Navaria and is stunned by her likeness to the Empress. He quizzes her about it, recalling - accurately or innaccurately - a prophecy concerning twins, or the matching face of good and evil, the return of the Jedi (no pun intended), etc. etc. Being a man of faith and a Jedi, he's quite certain that he has found a special individual, about whom the threads of fate converge, and consequently stalks, harrasses, and eventually pursuades her into acting on her supposed destined role. Perhaps, despite her not agreeing with the prophecy, Navaria grasps the power behind using her image, as her sister's twin, to give the Jedi hope and courage to come forth, and consequently goes along with his plan. Whether or not any of the Jedi are privy to this supposed prophecy is irrelevent, the prophecy is only a device used to bring Solomon and Navaria together. The important thing is Navaria sending a message.

It really has nothing to do with fate and deus ex machina. The prophecy in that idea is really a minor plot point, but just about enough to bring a few characters together to get the ball rolling on something much bigger.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Apr 5th, 2009, 10:22:28 AM
Right this is just possible conjecture that may equate to a prophecy based on what Rev has read, it's just a way to get the ball rolling for a message to be sent to get the rest of the Jedi together.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 5th, 2009, 11:03:16 AM
O. That sounds awright.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 5th, 2009, 11:07:29 AM
An idea: go with the original plan. Accept an offer from the Alliance to set up a base on Mon Cal.

The 'Battle of Mon Calamari' discussion seems to be going nowhere fast, so if the Empire want to attack Mon Cal they can do so in the future, let them do that (it's not like Mon Cal isn't a target already, being so openly allied to the Rebellion). Have the offer to the Jedi made as part of the outcome of the Alliance command gathering. Mon Cal will provide a stable, well-defended location and seemed to be a place that pretty much everyone was behind in the 'Setting up an academy' thread.

Drin Kizael
Apr 5th, 2009, 01:08:23 PM
Use the holonet to send out cryptic messages to Jedi which eventaully leads them to the roaming fleet.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 5th, 2009, 03:57:24 PM
An idea: go with the original plan. Accept an offer from the Alliance to set up a base on Mon Cal.

The 'Battle of Mon Calamari' discussion seems to be going nowhere fast, so if the Empire want to attack Mon Cal they can do so in the future, let them do that (it's not like Mon Cal isn't a target already, being so openly allied to the Rebellion). Have the offer to the Jedi made as part of the outcome of the Alliance command gathering. Mon Cal will provide a stable, well-defended location and seemed to be a place that pretty much everyone was behind in the 'Setting up an academy' thread.

This sounds good to me. Won't have to be cryptic then, because Dac is held by the Rebels.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 5th, 2009, 04:37:01 PM

The 'Battle of Mon Calamari' discussion seems to be going nowhere fast, so if the Empire want to attack Mon Cal they can do so in the future, let them do that (it's not like Mon Cal isn't a target already, being so openly allied to the Rebellion). Have the offer to the Jedi made as part of the outcome of the Alliance command gathering. Mon Cal will provide a stable, well-defended location and seemed to be a place that pretty much everyone was behind in the 'Setting up an academy' thread.I see the Imperial military has returned to it's inherit kitten nature.

This was my favorite :)

Droo
Apr 5th, 2009, 05:01:57 PM
I'm not trying to be negative here but "Go to planet, setup shop" seems so devoid of plot to me. I see this as an opportunity to tell a really great story, something much more than what our characters do alone in our own little pockets of the galaxy, and now all Jedi are going to converge and it's a big deal. Are we going to just do this quickly and say "Oh, it just so happens here we have a planet, the Rebels have made these plans for us - Let's go to it!" and throw this big chance for adventure out the window? And once again we're faced with the issue of how will everyone else know where to go?

We have to also remember that once we get our characters together under one roof, we run the risk of it becoming similar to the situation Jedi characters had pre-reset and I don't want to rush to get to that point, I'd rather relish the journey first.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 5th, 2009, 05:15:58 PM
I think the idea is 'set up shop' on Mon Cal, then leave when the Imps converge and set up floating convoy training Jedi Council ship conglomerate.

At least, this is what I'm in favor of. Gives a place for the existing straggling Jedi to converge on to meet up with everyone else. Then we go.

Droo
Apr 5th, 2009, 05:23:21 PM
I interpreted Jenny's suggestion as setting up a permanent place to stay since she said "set up a base on Mon Cal" but regardless of that, as I said before, we're still faced with the issue of how will everyone else not in contact with the Republic, eg. Loki, Acacius, and Jackson are on Coruscant, know where to go?

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 5th, 2009, 05:26:38 PM
I wanted to set up on Mon Cal permanently, basically. No more running every five minutes. We are supposed to be working towards creating a strong Jedi Order and we can't do that if we give up on our home every time it's threatened! I don't think it would be a basic plot either... it would involve discussion with the Alliance (always frought with conflict), and we would still need to find someway to bring new Jedi into the fold (i.e. those who aren't already in contact with Serena, Navaria, etc.)

Honestly though right now I just want to do SOMETHING/ANYTHING because I feel like we are getting bogged down in so much talking that no roleplaying is happening and it's depressing :|

Droo
Apr 5th, 2009, 05:49:04 PM
That's just it though, the reason I am disheartened by the thought of setting up on Mon Cal like that is simply because the most exciting thing that needs to happen is talks take place with the Rebels so that they can provide the Jedi with a plot of land. Okay, so the other Jedi need to be contacted, but if we're going to approach that problem with a broadcast of some description, then how do you get about the problem of dropping clues that eventually lead to a fixed location? Remember, the Empire can get there much easier than Jedi vagrants and I honestly don't think they would hesitate to launch an all out assault on Mon Cal the moment they thought the Jedi were starting to regroup there.

I'll roll with it if that's what everyone wants but I know that ultimately, my cut of the deal in this is having my character climb aboard a ship and go to a planet where everyone else is waiting. Hardly a thrill ride, let's be honest.

Zai
Apr 5th, 2009, 06:15:00 PM
I have to say I agree with Droo on this one. I think we need to find some better place to set up shop, helped by the Rebellion, because Mon Calamari is way too hot right not. Of course, the plans have been stalled, and it's slowed down, there still is a chance. Plus, its too much going on to just set up shop right now. The war is still very much alive.

Thats why I think as of now the only setting up we should be doing is on the large vessel as we had suggested some time ago. This of course leaves the problem of getting to this ship, or even having the ship, but I think that is something that would be handled in the same amount of steps that setting up a shop on Mon Calamari. How so? Well, I think we should go the Rebellion route. Have them supply a ship of theirs and send them off.

Or better yet, have an associate supply it. wink, wink.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 5th, 2009, 06:20:42 PM
Like I said, at this point I just want to do something and I am losing the will to care what that something is.

Zai
Apr 6th, 2009, 02:29:03 PM
I'm in the same boat. Were rocking together on this. I just want to see something happen.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 6th, 2009, 02:31:59 PM
The most popular option so far:

Hijack the holonet and leave a cryptic message for other Jedi to meet them (endor or dagobah?)

So let's go with this. Do the Navaria/Rev Solomon idea? Or not?

Zai
Apr 6th, 2009, 02:39:50 PM
Does it have to be Navaria or someone of that sort hijacking HoloNet? Could it be someone? Because I volunteer myself is no one else is up to it.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 6th, 2009, 02:41:53 PM
Well, there was reasoning behind the use of Navaria.. since she looks like the Empress and all.

Acacius Blade
Apr 7th, 2009, 04:56:15 PM
I really like the convoy idea. An uneventful day can be a perilous one. If a generator goes down on a base, you just go out and repair it. If a generator on a ship goes down, oxygen depletes, power drains, engines fail etc. You can't just go outside if there's a fire when you're in deep space. It's just too much fun to pass up that idea.

Plus we can speak over wireless and have council meetings on a ship I christen Cloud Nine (for no apparent reason :rolleyes)

Setting up an outpost for a short-term stay would be cool. Like the Rebels at Hoth - I get the impression they were there for a while, but the whole place looks like they never really unpacked because they knew it wouldn't last long.

If it's on Mon Cal and submerged there could be a cool incident where the Empire attacks via a submarine assault and the whole place gets flooded during the evacuation. Then we get to the ships and the convoy is born.

Zai
Apr 9th, 2009, 09:45:32 AM
As I said before, I just want to see something happen. Especially since all these ideas are so cool. Of course, I am fond of the convoy idea. I think that needs to happen sometime, whether real soon in the future or right now. Either way, something should go down as soon as possible to get the ball rolling.

I would do it, but as Zai I dont have any real authority in the matter of these developments.

Hobgoblin
Apr 9th, 2009, 09:04:39 PM
I do have to apologize for my lack of input on the discussion since my last post. I've been working between 12 and 15 hours of overtime a week, so I have maybe an hour or so after I get home to do internet related things, which isn't a lot of time when you get down to it.

I've been mulling things over and will try and give a few detailed thoughts on what I'd like to do either tomorrow or this weekend.

Edit: Well, look who's showing up to the party? It's me.

Here is what I am thinking of doing.

Hob began on Cloud City. My original plan was to have him connect with Wyl Staedtler, and when Wyl has to flee Hob follows. Since Wyl is MIA, I was thinking about trying to sneak a ride with Serena, Morgan, and Rhianna. The mischevous munchkin is not the type to reveal himself to anyone he doesn't have to, though, so my general notion would be to invisibly tag along with/help out those two until Hob can take a break from it to go do what he is doing on Ylesia and Ithor with Harlequin. After that, I was thinking Hob would try to convince the Jedi to meet somewhere and hash out their differences, delivering invitations personally if need be.

Harlequin
Apr 13th, 2009, 06:47:34 PM
Another suggestion, have a couple Masters make it their mission to go out and find other Jedi, bring them to the party. Its slow and small, but as has been pointed out, any 'broadcasty' type scenario will bring the hounds along with the hares.

I dont like the prophecy idea, hasnt George Lucas done that already.:\

Droo
Apr 13th, 2009, 11:37:15 PM

No, not in this context, as has already been explained at length.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 14th, 2009, 03:35:36 AM
Since Wyl is MIA, I was thinking about trying to sneak a ride with Serena, Morgan, and Rhianna.

Morgan and Rhianna have fled Cloud City alone; Serena has sold her ship and is about to be captured by the Empire.

I dont like the prophecy idea, hasnt George Lucas done that already. :/

It's not even the prophecy that is really the important part of the idea. This is it simplified as best I can (someone correct me if I'm wrong):

- Rev Solomon treats the Force kind of like a religion. He see's some significance in the fact that their is a Jedi Master with the face of the Empress.. maybe he knows some old prophecy about 'The Two'

- The Jedi (I'm not sure who that would include, due to the events on Cloud City) agree on Solomon's recommendation to try and hijack a broadcast by the Empress, to use it for their own ends. Navaria's message, warning all Jedi to leave Imperial systems, replaces her sisters widely watched announcement.

- This first message is fairly vague, so the Empire can do little but try and trace the source of the hijacking. Meanwhile, Jedi around the Galaxy try to move to safer locations. Another hijacking occurs, this time directing the Jedi to a certain sector or system. The Empire react by stepping up security there.

- This continues, with the messages telling the Jedi to go to a certain planet, and eventually to a spaceport. I imagine the Alliance will provide some assistance here, perhaps decoy ships or air support so that the Jedi ships can escape the planet.

- All in all, this gives the Jedi a way to come together without us magically knowing each others location. It also involves the Empire, as they try to hunt down the ringleaders before they can reunite with their lost allies.

- Once they escape this planet, wherever it is, the Jedi ships form a convoy that jumps about to evade Imperial detection, whilst using the ships as a place of learning.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:28:10 AM
So basically it is a combination of the prophecy (which is really just a plot to get the Jedi together), communications, and mobile base? Hell, in the Years from now .... I had Navaria kill Miranda so that could be the crazy meaning of the prophecy, I dunno. Leave it up to me if you want or just keep it vague.

Then Rev, Rebels, and Nav cook up the location for the Jedi to meet and then the next step is the communications leading them there.

We really just need the where?

And sorry, I completely forgot to keep up with this :(

Morgan Evanar
Apr 14th, 2009, 10:45:40 AM
Anbira is on Cloud City afaik but you'd need to ask Charley.

Hobgoblin
Apr 14th, 2009, 05:00:06 PM
Oh no! I am too late to the party! Half-developed plans thwarted!

That's okay though. These things have a way of working themselves out.

Time for NEW PLOTTING (dun dun dun).

*begins stalking someone on AIM*

Wyl Staedtler
Apr 15th, 2009, 12:28:23 AM
I don't know what to choose polls confuse me aaaaaagh.

Hello hello hello! I have missed you all like crazy! No guarentees about regularity just yet but I will do my utmost to be more available and assist in whatever way possible!

Harlequin
Apr 16th, 2009, 07:09:10 PM

No, not in this context, as has already been explained at length.

I actually dont agree that it is all that different - the only exception in this scenario seems to be the emphasis that gets placed on it. But thats just my opinion. It seems to be working for everyone else.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 16th, 2009, 07:56:25 PM
- This continues, with the messages telling the Jedi to go to a certain planet, and eventually to a spaceport. I imagine the Alliance will provide some assistance here, perhaps decoy ships or air support so that the Jedi ships can escape the planet.

My thought is that Dac and a few other key Rebel worlds would be staging areas for Jedi hopefuls. These waypoints could conceivably be thought of as rumors; known to most if not all, but brushed aside as simply fanciful tales told (alot like fairy tales and the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow number). Few if any believe such a thing, but those that do would more than likely be force users, and would no doubt try to see if the stories they'd been told by drunken spacers were really true.

This would allow our wayward Jedi hopefuls to know about it, but not really know, if you catch my drift.

Also, this would give folks a chance to make the journey of finding the Jedi an enjoyable story.

Yes/no?

I've been in love with the convoy idea since it was first suggested, so I'm totally there :love

Acacius Blade
Apr 17th, 2009, 06:57:03 PM
Realistically, it'll be a close call once everyone arrives at the final destination. With the running Jedi and Imperials in such close proximity, it'll be difficult for everyone to get to where they want to go.

Perhaps once on the departure planet/continent/whatever, a few of the Jedi 'in the know' could help their unknowing brethren find their way. Like in Starship Troopers on 'P', when the Rough Necks are looking for the brain bug, Rico somehow 'knows' which way Carmen is in the caves - it's Carl helping him with his telepathy. Even though the poorly-trained (if at all) Jedi won't be able to fully comprehend a command such as 'go this way, take a right, through the plaza, up the stairs, down the lift and to the cargo bay', they would be able to pick up on subtle hints, and feel strangely drawn in a particular direction, which would help them find their way.

Just an idea. I think it would work fine, and it's not even something that really needs to be roleplayed out - it just explains how they know where to go. If ahything, the one's doing the 'emitting' or whatever would be the only ones who would need to mention it directly.

Zai
Apr 18th, 2009, 07:37:14 AM
I'm just waiting for things to pop off.