PDA

View Full Version : Deep-Fried Chicken Nuggets

Kidd Smix
Mar 18th, 2009, 02:47:32 PM
"Urgh."

Kidd sat huddled on the boarding deck with his head between his legs. He looked down and through the metal grating he saw the flight crew performing last minute checks on a trio of standard TIE fighters below. They seemed so far away; so high up, he thought, just as his insides started to turn. He groaned and clutched his belly. A pair of gleaming black boots clanked along the gangway and came to a halt next to him, he looked up and saw the fresh face of Ensign Keg Corricks.

"Well, well," he said, looking thoroughly pleased with himself, "How's it going, kiddo?"

Kidd winced at the glaring lights before which the ensign stood silhouetted and lowered his head again. He felt large hands roughly ruffle his hair and tried to blindly bat them away. Keg laughed and paraded around him in his brand new flight suit, fine pleats ran the length of the legs and disappeared into his immaculate boots. Kidd closed his eyes as he felt the room start to spin.

"I don't feel too good," he confessed, weakly.

"Yeah, you think?" said Keg, still thoroughly amused, "I bet you don't remember that Shadow Squadron hot shot dragging your ass back to quarters? It took three of us to lift you onto your bunk! And now you're flying combat manouvers? Dren!"

"This floor is cold on my butt," was all he could say in response. He knew it was going to be a tough day the moment he looked in the mirror and saw his reflection, holo-flick zombies looked healthier. They call new pilots 'green', he thought, but this was ridiculous. A voice rang out.

"Officer on deck!"

Immediately, Kidd scambled to his feet and stood stiffly to attention alongside Keg as another pair of heavy clanging boots rapidly approached.

Tod Marr
Mar 25th, 2009, 05:59:59 AM
'Morning sweethearts, I hope we're well-rested this fine morning. Another glorious day in the Imperial Navy! I hope you enjoyed your eggs'n'bacon this morning, especially you, Kicks. Were the eggs runny enough for you? Was there enough grizzle and fat on the lovely, greasy bacon for you?'

Tod gave Kicks a playful shove.

'Every meals a banquet! Every paycheque a fortune! Every formation, a parade - I love it here! Doesn't it make you just wanna sing!?'

Tod began stamping his feet fast. He began to shift his weight up and down until he decided to actually jump up and down a she held onto the handrail. The walkway began to sway up and down, side to side.

'In the navy! In the navy! In the navy! In the navy!'

Kidd Smix
Mar 29th, 2009, 03:17:23 PM
When the gangway rocked in one direction, his breakfast went the opposite way, sloshing against the walls of his aching stomach. Yet he remained rigid and still, tiny beads of sweat formed on his pale brow as the only tell-tale sign that it was taking all the strength he could muster to not empty the contents of his belly on the flight deck below. If he couldn't make it this far, he thought, what chance did he have in a cockpit? He swallowed hard.

"Sir?" he said, narrow eyes fell on Tod, any other time he would've been prompted to wonder what provokes such strange behaviour from a military officer but this time he just wanted him to stop.

"Are we to be briefed, sir?"