PDA

View Full Version : Myth: Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

Parsideon Denix
Mar 11th, 2009, 03:54:57 PM
Myth!

Hey, remember it?

Well, I haven't forgotten. Christin and I have been writing it for a while, and I know that the main stuff has kinda slowed and all, but we're bound and determined to kick it into high gear now.

For those of you who have not been following the story, there are serious stormclouds brewing in the Midgard. The magical Golden Lantern of Necia has at last been returned to its rightful place, but not without the 'discovery' that it's theft has been a plot by the dead pirate lord Kariun Fyrian and the Caliphate of Ankaa to cast Necia's dominion over the eastern sea into ruin. Very soon, the Necian League will push for war, and it will be a war that in some form or another, will affect everyone in the realm.

If you've not been RPing in Myth, this is an excellent time to remedy this and to begin anew. I hope we can muster some of the older players back into the spirit of things, and to bring other people to the table.

Rossos Atrapes
Mar 11th, 2009, 08:51:53 PM
This looks interesting, and I've been interested for some time now. But the main thing that keeps me from actually blazing forward is the lack of time (as faulty an excuse that is), and a bit of a stall on a character-choice. That isn't to say that I'm having trouble creating a character for this setting (in fact a number of character ideas rush into mind), but which one to choose that will be the most satisfying to make over the long term.

Parsideon Denix
Mar 11th, 2009, 09:07:02 PM
What sort of ideas were you kicking at the moment if I might ask? I'd love to help convince you to hop aboard :)

Vince
Mar 11th, 2009, 09:30:19 PM
Of them all, two are my more favoured:

1. Someone from this Earth who's been called against his own will through simple bad luck. This is hinged on there being a sort of summoning magic that is practised, and that once summoned he isn't killed outright and the people who summoned him have the patience to deal with him; problems with this guy being that he doesn't know the languages, doesn't know how to fight, etc. This could be solved by having it take place some time in the past, so he could have taken the time to learn the languages and certain other skills. He could go anywhere from there, really.

2. A standard Fian hunter; however, to keep him interesting, I've given him insomnia, musical talent, and a dislike for violence of nearly any kind. Not that he wouldn't fight, but that if he wasn't hunting he would never go for a killing blow. A character made with humorous situations in mind.

There's about three others but they aren't much more than a random collection of half thought thoughts.

Parsideon Denix
Mar 11th, 2009, 10:57:25 PM
When you say "our earth", you mean real life earth and such? That's an interesting premise.

Vince
Mar 11th, 2009, 11:17:26 PM
Yep. The background I have so far isn't all that detailed; suffice it to say that he's from North America somewhere. Pretty much uninteresting history really, nothing too dramatic or really story worthy, but that's the character's schtick: normal guy (and when I say normal, I mean that he's got no real skills or talents that would make him hero material) in a very different world.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 12th, 2009, 12:57:57 AM
I think a main problem with the story concept you and Christin are writing is that it doesn't figure into the original quest that everyone else was writing. It doesn't connect at all to the draining of magic quest that has, lets be honest, died.

So maybe it doesn't matter. I am curious however to see if you had any plans to work that story into your own, though. I'd like to write Molly but you and Christin are writing a completely separate story as far as I can tell. I tried to use Weeta to bring the two stories together but I don't even know where Weeta is anymore. Any PMs on starting an RP with her? no? :(:(:(:(

Vince
Mar 12th, 2009, 06:52:34 AM
I think a main problem with the story concept you and Christin are writing is that it doesn't figure into the original quest that everyone else was writing. It doesn't connect at all to the draining of magic quest that has, lets be honest, died.

So maybe it doesn't matter. I am curious however to see if you had any plans to work that story into your own, though. I'd like to write Molly but you and Christin are writing a completely separate story as far as I can tell. I tried to use Weeta to bring the two stories together but I don't even know where Weeta is anymore. Any PMs on starting an RP with her? no? :(:(:(:(

As far as I could tell, we weren't discussing any actual story, but the background for the character, who would then somehow enter the main storyline if possible. This character's desire to return home would then serve as a subplot to spice things up.

If this, or the other character get off the ground, I'd love to get a small thing going with Weeta.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 12th, 2009, 07:01:38 AM
I don't know what to do in this setting anymore.

I had a lot of fun creating it though so I feel some sense of duty to it still... maybe I will try to do something with the Trow.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 12th, 2009, 08:04:51 AM
I'd like to find a way to bring Itege Savarna into a more prominent role.

Also, I don't think it'd be a hardship to have the original quest married in a way to this upcoming war. It could even be said that they are feeding off of each other in some evil-magic perverse way or some such (this makes more sense in my head, I promise). The original quest dealt with an upheaval in the magics/affinities, right? If I'm to go off of the Bowl Reef problem as an indicator, at least that's what I believe the issue is. Forgive me if I'm wrong :\

But yeah. The war could've been caused by unrest and a stirring of the magic/affinities which may or may not give folks a bit of a battle-itch (that part I'm not gonna say for sure since it's mostly Charley's thing), and while Molly and company try to discover the cause and fix it, they're hampered by the war starting up. They could possibly attempt to talk sense into the satraps of necia and ask for help in fixing the magic/affinity problem, but odds are it might not work.

With the war going on, crazy mystical evil bad guy bosses on the loose, and general unrest, it seems like a fun setting.

ps - Xena ;)

Parsideon Denix
Mar 12th, 2009, 08:22:20 AM
The plot lines are linked in a way that will become a little more clear as time progresses. Let's just say that Draxus may be leveraging his war with a faustian deal from the bad guys ;)

Mishuran Lagare
Mar 12th, 2009, 08:31:45 AM
Sod the Golden MacGuffin, there's wenching to be done.

:pirate

Ariadne Fyrian
Mar 12th, 2009, 08:33:57 AM
We're proper Necians now. Behave yourself :colbert

Mishuran Lagare
Mar 12th, 2009, 08:42:29 AM
There's not an inch of Necian in me. Never has been, never will.

I just can't swallow 'em the way you can, Captain. ;)

Vishan Korogoth
Mar 13th, 2009, 08:49:37 AM
I know my Fian cleric person was supposed to do something with s'il :p She was of Royal blood and an Earth cleric.

Mr. Glasswater
Mar 15th, 2009, 11:15:34 AM
Here we are, my dear (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?p=304426#post304426) :)