PDA

View Full Version : The Tudors

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 6th, 2009, 02:56:46 PM
A new season of The Tudors begins in April :eee Who else is giddy with excitement? (and still in mourning for Anne Boleyn :cry)

There is a trailer on the Showtime website (clickclick (http://www.sho.com/site/video/brightcove/series/title.do?bcpid=1305149607)), but cooler than that is this rocking promo featuring I Want It All by Queen :partyhard

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VkXYLAQ-5lQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VkXYLAQ-5lQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

And thanks to some Livejournal user, he is a gallery of promotional pictures - http://pics.livejournal.com/lupinskitten/gallery/0002cdww (there are three pages, so click through to see more eye-candy)

Miranda Tarkin
Mar 6th, 2009, 03:25:04 PM
First Highlander, now this? :love for Queen! Almost makes me want to watch the Tudors :mneh

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 6th, 2009, 03:26:01 PM
You should! It's like Kuklos Ataxia the TV show.

Tear
Mar 6th, 2009, 04:36:15 PM
You should! It's like Kuklos Ataxia the TV show.

Dunno about that. If it was, only Salem would be alive after killing everyone off:lol.

It's a decent show, the acting is good, I caught the last half of last seasons. It is a little slow at times. More political, social and religious intrigue then anything.

Lykaios
Mar 6th, 2009, 06:04:43 PM
I've yet to watch season 2! Damn it Netflix hurry up and mail them to me! Though I suppose I should return the others first...oooor, they could add them to play instantly!

Rutabaga
Mar 7th, 2009, 07:32:17 AM
I am a devoted fan of this show, although it wildly screws with history and is maddeningly inaccurate at times. (Case in point--Cardinal Wolsey's fate :rolleyes.) But it's so energetic, so colorful, and so entertaining, you just can't help but watch. I too will miss Anne Boleyn...that final episode of Season 2 was so well done, wow.

I just want to know when they're going to start putting Jonathan Rhys Myers in a fat suit! :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 7th, 2009, 08:23:37 AM
In his last years, the English monarch is thought to have swollen to well over 20 stone, with a waist measurement of 54in, and required a crane to hoist him on to his horse.

However, the makers of The Tudors, which has already been accused of taking too much artistic licence, want the Irish actor to keep his “matinée idol looks” right to the end of the saga.

“We still want him to be appealing,” said Morgan O’Sullivan, an executive producer. “We don’t want to destroy his good looks. An exact portrayal of Henry is not a factor that we think is important.

“We are not in the business of making Jonny look like Henry VIII. We have accepted that from day one. We have been criticised for not casting someone with red hair. But you either cast him exactly like Henry VIII or you choose to deal with it differently. We chose from the start to have him looking fit. So there will never be a fat suit. That would be unreal.”

So no fatsuit. Like you say, The Tudors has never been entirely historically accurate (it's sold as historical fiction, not documentary) - so it's no surprise that Henry won't become the syphilitic, boil-covered, ulcer-ridden whale of his later years. Honestly, though, the historical inaccuracies don't bother me at all. I don't watch The Tudors to actually learn about the Tudor family - we did that at school - but to be entertained, and in that respect it delivers :D

Rutabaga
Mar 7th, 2009, 08:37:42 AM
In his last years, the English monarch is thought to have swollen to well over 20 stone, with a waist measurement of 54in, and required a crane to hoist him on to his horse.

However, the makers of The Tudors, which has already been accused of taking too much artistic licence, want the Irish actor to keep his “matinée idol looks” right to the end of the saga.

“We still want him to be appealing,” said Morgan O’Sullivan, an executive producer. “We don’t want to destroy his good looks. An exact portrayal of Henry is not a factor that we think is important.

“We are not in the business of making Jonny look like Henry VIII. We have accepted that from day one. We have been criticised for not casting someone with red hair. But you either cast him exactly like Henry VIII or you choose to deal with it differently. We chose from the start to have him looking fit. So there will never be a fat suit. That would be unreal.”

So no fatsuit. Like you say, The Tudors has never been entirely historically accurate (it's sold as historical fiction, not documentary) - so it's no surprise that Henry won't become the syphilitic, boil-covered, ulcer-ridden whale of his later years. Honestly, though, the historical inaccuracies don't bother me at all. I don't watch The Tudors to actually learn about the Tudor family - we did that at school - but to be entertained, and in that respect it delivers :D

Oh, I agree completely, trust me. I never miss an episode, and sometimes watch some of them more than once.

I'm just waiting to see Cromwell lose his head, that will be awesome. :evil

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 7th, 2009, 09:57:18 AM
Just looking through the new promo pics again and noticed...

http://pics.livejournal.com/lupinskitten/pic/00171qab/g68

Mary is growing up to look strangely like Anne Boleyn :o

Razielle Alastor
Mar 7th, 2009, 11:39:29 AM
Mary scares me. :ohno

Elizabeth FTW! :D

Ahem! Aside from that, I am overcome with ecstatic smiggliness at the return of this show. It's definitely my favorite. I have never missed an episode and waiting between seasons is a pain, only slightly relieved while Dexter is on. :p

I want to say I will not miss Anne. I hated her most of the show, and only there at the end felt a wee amount of pity for her, so maybe I'll miss her a little bit. I hope the jerk regrets it later! :twak

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 7th, 2009, 12:37:59 PM
I felt sorry for Catherine as much as the next person.. but I can't deny the smigglies I get for the forbidden love :mischief

Henry, regret? Come on... don't kid yourself :mneh

Emelie Shadowstar
Mar 7th, 2009, 12:44:41 PM
:(

I'm going to miss Anne something fierce (Don't care if I knew it was coming, I cried like a sissy)

LMAO And I too was hoping for Myers in a fat suit. *pouts and kicks something*

Rutabaga
Mar 7th, 2009, 01:48:31 PM
You know who else I'm going to miss incredibly? Sir Thomas More. I needed a couple of tissues when his head got chopped off. *sigh* :(

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 27th, 2009, 05:54:45 PM
You can watch the first episode of the new season online right now (if you can't wait until next week like me :eee). Whilst I was waiting for it to load, I decided to take the 'Who the Tudor are You?' test they have: http://www.whothetudorareyou.com/

Based on my age, current unemployment and aspirations in life, I would have apparently fit into Tudor society as... a prostitute :o The only consolation is that I'm not a thief or an actor, apparently the only two professions lower than being a whore :lol

Lykaios
Mar 27th, 2009, 06:10:32 PM
Boo! That wheel thing teased me when it went all the way up to King only to come back down to...noble? The hell?

LOL

I don't know if you can in the UK but here in the USA iTunes has the first episode of season 3 as a free download (It's under the Podcast).

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 27th, 2009, 06:14:51 PM
Noble? Don't turn your nose up at that, at least you aren't a strumpet! :mneh

I'm watching it online at: http://www.buzzfocus.com/2009/03/20/watch-the-tudors-season-3-episode-1-premiere-fundamentals/ :)

Lykaios
Mar 27th, 2009, 06:31:45 PM
Or a Noble Strumpet ;)

And since the description thingie said I pretty much blood-thirsty for power, going from King to Noble is a pretty big slip :p

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 27th, 2009, 06:33:33 PM
Well, when I did the test the... measure started at Queen and then plummetted down to Prostitute. I assume it just always starts at the top and then falls down to whatever you are, and that it's not implying that I would become a Queen and then end my days as a Prostitute :lol

Rutabaga
Mar 27th, 2009, 07:34:50 PM
I started out as a queen too, but then it plunged down to peasant.

It also helpfully pointed out that at my age in Tudor times, I'd probably be dead already. :lol

Tear
Mar 27th, 2009, 08:47:54 PM
It did the same for me, King to Squire. Not so bad I can dream about becoming a knight or some such. Plus it said I have 25 more years to make it happen.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 28th, 2009, 06:05:22 AM
I think I had about 11 years left to live, before I died of syphilis :ohno

But anyway! I really enjoyed the first espide of Season 3. It was great to see Henry and Mary finally reunited.. he isn't a heartless bastard all the time :lol I am particularly looking forward to Thomas Cromwell's downfall.. which I guess we will get to see this season, since Anne of Cleves is set to appear at some point.

Rutabaga
Mar 28th, 2009, 07:40:28 AM
I agree, I think that's what I'm most looking forward to...Cromwell's massive fall from grace. :evil

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 28th, 2009, 02:47:33 PM
All this talk is making me think I should look into buying seasons one and two. The season 3 promo looks great, and while I admit I've never seen an episode, from what I saw in the promo it'd be something I'd like.

And somehow I got 'Queen' o_O

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 28th, 2009, 02:52:34 PM
If you're looking for something historically accurate, The Tudors is not for you - but if you want drama and politicking and intrigue and such like, it's great. I think there are only 10 or so episodes per season, so it doesn't feel like there is a time when the story drags just for the sake of padding. Also: eyecandy :mischief

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 28th, 2009, 03:00:46 PM
Oh, it doesn't have to be historically accurate in any way. While I love history and documentaries, I'm a sucker for artistic liberties as well :)

Tear
Mar 28th, 2009, 04:16:04 PM
I got King on my second try by lying. I think its dependent on what job you pick and why? Power, money, happiness. The rest seems like just fluff. Especially the money slider. I think it was executive or government + power = King.:lol

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 7th, 2009, 07:39:29 AM
Another entertaining episode, including a rather amusing scene with Mary Tudor and Sir Francis Bryan:

"Do you like games, Lady Mary?"
"...Yes."
"There's a new game at court you might enjoy."
"What is it?"
"It's called cunnilingus. It's.. an old country practice."
"How do you play it?"
"Well, you, ah..." :lol

All at Henry's encouragement, of course. What a bastard.

Great ending too. Very ominous! Also the preview for next week: Elizabeth = cuuuuuute XD

Emelie Shadowstar
Apr 7th, 2009, 05:28:15 PM
Ahaha...that line was the best.

Francis is such an ass and I adore him. Mary is growing on me in the worst way....and Cromwell's fall is just...going to be beautiful.

Oh

and apparently according to the chart I'm a "Lady in Waiting" ;) Next up - Queen, bitches! All I gotta do is find myself a king and get on his good side.

...and then not get my head chopped off. Yeah, that'd be good.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 7th, 2009, 05:34:38 PM
Every time you post that avatar opens up old wounds... Anne :cry Nevermind that Henry said he didn't love her as much as Jane!

Cromwell's facial expressions were classic in this episode too. He knows what's coming >D

Rossos Atrapes
Apr 7th, 2009, 05:50:12 PM
I got a monk. It seemed surprised, simply because it said that I landed the only "godly" job that didn't come with a fat wad of cash.

Emelie Shadowstar
Apr 7th, 2009, 06:55:05 PM
Every time you post that avatar opens up old wounds... Anne :cry Nevermind that Henry said he didn't love her as much as Jane!

Lying bastard. lol

And yes! Next episode! Elizabeth!!! :D

Rutabaga
Apr 7th, 2009, 08:31:09 PM
Zounds! It appears some of you are an episode ahead of me? The season premiere just aired on Showtime on Sunday so I've only seen the first episode of season 3.

I too crave the fall of Thomas Cromwell. I think I will give it a standing ovation when it happens. And I hope it's extraordinarily bloody and gross. :evil

Lykaios
Apr 7th, 2009, 09:23:27 PM
Damn it! I have season 2 in my hands now, now I just need to make the time to watch it!

Especially since I did download the first episode of season 3 from iTunes -_-

Damn time for being in short supply! *shakes fist*

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 12th, 2009, 10:07:11 AM
Rutabaga - the new episodes are available a week before they are aired on Showtime on some... "On Demand" feature. I'm not sure what it's actual name is.

Rutabaga
Apr 12th, 2009, 11:30:38 AM
Ah, I knew that the first episode was available early on On Demand, didn't realize they were going to do it with all the episodes. As it is, I'll be waiting for the regular broadcast, especially since I'm recording the series for my mother. (Although I've recorded seasons 1 and 2 for her and she hasn't watched them yet :\.) So I'll be watching the second episode this evening.

Emelie Shadowstar
Apr 13th, 2009, 06:00:24 PM
Ha ha...seeing it a week early is awesome. lol

I just watched the third ep.

:D When Henry acknowledged Elizabeth and let her sit by him I seriously squealed like a lame....though that was kinda downed by what happened with the rebels.

Oh...

And Cromwell is still an ass :|

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 13th, 2009, 06:29:54 PM
I just watched the third ep.

:D When Henry acknowledged Elizabeth and let her sit by him I seriously squealed like a lame.

Ahhh yes :eee so cute... for now! *glances at wooden stakes marked: Reserved For Protestants* :uhoh

Episode four looks like it's going to be an emotional one :ohno poor Jane

Emelie Shadowstar
Apr 13th, 2009, 11:36:09 PM
Hmmm... (yeah yeah, it's history...but I'll go ahead and use the spoiler tags anyway as it does kinda have to do with the way the characters are portrayed at this point in time in this series)

I just, don't think I'll be that sad to watch her go when it happens. It's not that she's a BAD person...but the first and second seasons got you really attached to Anne, and you even couldn't help but feel bad for Catherine to some degree...but Jane just kinda showed up at the wrong time, I guess and for some reason the way they portray her it's like they are forcing you to like her rather than letting it happen gradually over time. ...Though admittedly I did take an instant liking to Anne just because she had sass ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 14th, 2009, 03:13:53 AM
Yeah.. I just can't help but feel a little for Jane because she is the one who finally gives him his damn son and then she dies. She hasn't done anything wrong - in fact she has been great bringing Mary and Elizabeth to court, very tolerant of his mistresses and so on - and then poof, dead. I doubt it will be as sad as Anne's death though :(

Why are we spoilering this, really? >_>

Miranda Tarkin
Apr 14th, 2009, 07:10:42 AM
Ok, I think I might have to buy the seasons too s'il. I've caught a few episodes on Demand and :ohno damn evil show making me want more :shakefist

On a silly note, I took the which Tudor you are and rofl ... I'm ... a Nun! :lol

Rutabaga
Apr 15th, 2009, 08:39:34 PM
Tudor fun for all!

http://poptudors.wordpress.com/

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 16th, 2009, 03:24:04 AM
Mary Tudor is... Daddy's Little Girl :lol

http://poptudors.wordpress.com/2009/04/09/99-problems/

^ Ahahaa, this site is great!

Aree Ankarta
Apr 17th, 2009, 03:12:11 PM
Pick-up lines: "What new and fanciful things have you learned at the French Court that you could show me whilst on your knees?"

LMAO!!!!!! :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 23rd, 2009, 05:43:22 AM
Episode 4:

Oh Charles Brandon.. are you the only one in this court with a conscience? :( Well, you and Jane. Too bad she gonna die!

Eyepatch :mischief you scandalous cad! I'll be damned if you aren't a snappy dresser, though *swoon*

I'm so glad we don't have to write with quills anymore. Just the sound of the nib scratching as Cromwell was writing makes my skin crawl... or maybe that was just the sight of Cromwell.

What a hilariously bad accent this French count has.. "safe pa-SAJ" "dezerible" :lol

Mary: "Is he good-looking?" :eee aww, how cute.

"I can feel it, he feels strong!" :uhoh Edward.. so strong that he is kicking the crap out of his mother.

"A boy is more important, Elizabeth."
"I don't think so :rolleyes"
:D

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 27th, 2009, 09:53:34 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L16dbtK78RM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L16dbtK78RM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

baahaha :lol

Rutabaga
Apr 27th, 2009, 07:45:32 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L16dbtK78RM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L16dbtK78RM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OMG, these 2 girls are HILARIOUS. I thought last week's recap was crazy, with the screaming with the arrows through their heads, but this week's was just perfect. :lol :lol :lol

Robert Aske's execution was really, really sad, almost as sad as seeing Thomas More's beheading last season. :cry

Dasquian Belargic
May 4th, 2009, 03:13:39 PM
Another Pop Tudors, for the latest (crazy) episode!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v1HA5k16yZs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v1HA5k16yZs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Personally, I thought drunken deranged Henry was hilarious!

Tear
May 4th, 2009, 03:35:14 PM
Hehe those chicks are funny

Rutabaga
May 4th, 2009, 07:30:47 PM
Haha, I loved drunken deranged Henry too. This particular episode was pretty different from what we've seen before, but it was good...I love watching the noose tighten very slowly around Cromwell.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how they portray the whole Anne of Cleves debacle. I've always found her story to be interesting.

Dasquian Belargic
May 6th, 2009, 06:36:16 AM
Just watched episode 6 and realised there are only 2 more episodes until the season is over! :eek blimey.

Dasquian Belargic
May 11th, 2009, 07:44:37 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SgraPPK-4zo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SgraPPK-4zo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

"As usual, the French wanna mess me around" :lol I actually laughed at that when I was originally watching this episode.. what a weird thing for Henry to say!

Sir Francis the Love-Pirate :love :lol

Rutabaga
May 11th, 2009, 07:09:16 PM
:lol eyepatchmatch.com :lol

I was a little surprised to see that Margaret Pole's execution took place off camera...knowing that it was so bloody outrageous (literally), I thought for sure they would have shown it.

Emelie Shadowstar
May 11th, 2009, 07:39:22 PM
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L16dbtK78RM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

So yeah...I just finished with ep 6 and there were some good lines I can't remember but yeah...good. 7 is on On Demand and I'll probably watch it Wed or tomorrow or something

But THIS....This right here.... :lol Inspiration to watch the series all over again. lol

Dasquian Belargic
May 12th, 2009, 10:57:58 AM
Do you have what it takes to be a Lady in Waiting?

http://poptudors.wordpress.com/2009/05/12/put-a-crown-on-it/

:lol

Rutabaga
May 18th, 2009, 07:04:06 AM
muhahahaha....Cromwell's execution is nigh! :evil

Rutabaga
May 18th, 2009, 08:27:29 AM
Latest recap is up, and it's a goodie!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zrpGP3dzVKw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zrpGP3dzVKw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm wondering if Anne of Cleves will continue to appear next season since she did stay a part of Henry's life as his "Beloved Sister." I've always felt kind of sorry for her, and they did a good job of getting the reason for that across in last night's episode.

I also see they're messing a little bit with how Henry met Katharine Howard. And I also see they're not going with the people who believe that Katharine was only 13 or 14 when Henry first met her :evil.

Dasquian Belargic
May 18th, 2009, 11:49:25 AM
^ :lol They are always so funny.

I have to say... little Elizabeth just gets more adorable with every new episode.

Poor Flanders Ma-... Anne. She seems nice. At least we know she won't be getting the chop!

Emelie Shadowstar
May 18th, 2009, 01:10:13 PM
:lol

I remember that "evil smells" line. I seriously had to pause the show I was laughing so hard. I don't know why...it just... :| Funny.

Emelie Shadowstar
May 20th, 2009, 07:00:32 PM
Ep 8 just watched and had me on a full on roller coaster of emotions which basically consisted of....

Mary and Philip! (Even if I knew it was the wrong one, still cute.) :D:eee

Catherine. :mischief

Mary! :cry

Anne ... :\

Cromwell! >D

Eye Patch Man's bastard trick on Cromwell! :lol:smokin

Yep. lol

Dasquian Belargic
May 21st, 2009, 10:28:55 AM
Episode 8 is the end of Season 3. WTF I feel like it just started and now it's over again :| Now we have to wait until 2010 for Season 4!

Rutabaga
May 25th, 2009, 07:01:19 AM
Wow, yeah, those were 8 episodes that went by really fast. No fair!

It was interesting how they tried to humanize Cromwell a little bit during the final episode. I wasn't familiar with the details of his execution and wasn't sure if what they showed was evil embellishment, so I did some research online and discovered that, by golly, it took 3 blows to finish the job :evil. The strange thing is, I think I'm going to miss the jerk. He was pretty mesmerizing, and I don't know who could possibly fill that role next season. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I also read some of the interviews that were linked at PopTudors and saw that Joss Stone will indeed be back next season. So they'll stay historically accurate in that respect, that Anne of Cleves stayed a part of Henry's life.

Rutabaga
May 25th, 2009, 10:12:45 AM
Final recap for season 3:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2hIqyfpJtS8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2hIqyfpJtS8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I have to tell you, I'm still crying with laughter over how they described the execution :lol :cry :lol.

Dasquian Belargic
May 25th, 2009, 04:49:47 PM
:rolleyes No amount of guilty glances and suddenly appearing sons is going to endear you to me, Cromwell. Anne Boleyn I felt sorry for, but not you!

Oh hey it's Catherine Howard in a whore house! Damn, she is creepy.

Mary :3 ... :( you stubborn little Catholic.

And that's that. Not quite as entertaining as the last season finale, but still an enjoyable season.

Come back Anne (Boleyn) :cry

Darth Callidus
Feb 22nd, 2010, 04:15:54 PM
It's almost that time again :3

<object height="340" width="560"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qbB3CWCYzdo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="340" width="560"></object>

Season 4 starts on April 11th.

Amusingly, I just re-did the http://www.whothetudorareyou.com/ test and have moved up in the rankings from Prostitute to Peasant (with 11 years left to live :uhoh)

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 30th, 2010, 11:36:39 AM
You can watch the season 4 premiere online RIGHT NOW

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3e2im07CczQ&border=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3e2im07CczQ&border=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Oh, Catherine Howard.. you tart. Divorced, beheaded, died, divorvced, beheaded... oh goody.

Charles Brandon, what a lovely beard you have.

Why hello, Lady Mary :love Looking... more like Anne Boleyn every day? :lol

Rutabaga
Apr 11th, 2010, 09:38:05 PM
I have to admit to being somewhat disappointed with the season premiere. Yes, Catherine Howard was young, naive, and fairly dumb, but I thought they overdid it a little with the giggly teenage girl thing. Especially when all her ladies in waiting (except for the soon-to-be-evil Lady Rochford) joined her in all the frivolity.

And boy, have they made Thomas Culpepper out to be a prick or what?

Anywho, will start haunting PopTudors tomorrow, hopefully they'll be back for the final season. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 12th, 2010, 12:50:55 AM
I agree that this was a disappointing start to the season, but I am still of the belief that the quality of this show dipped as soon as Anne Boleyn was offed. There just hasn't been that kind of chemistry on screen between any characters since then.

:(

Reginald Nil’vak
Apr 12th, 2010, 11:57:45 AM
This better be on my OnDemand when I get home tonight... *fist shakes at Showtime* I got used to being spoiled last season when you gave me the ep a week before it aired. Go back to that! >:

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 13th, 2010, 10:32:04 AM
Did you see it yet? :ohno

Emelie Shadowstar
Apr 13th, 2010, 11:01:50 AM
Yesssss I got to see it last night :D (Do I really need to put spoilers on anything here....? Historical fiction and all...?)

Overall I felt it was kinda a weak opening ep, really. I agree - the magic that was the chemistry between Henry and Anne is really still missing from the show. Her ghost/apparition/hallucination/whatever needs to hurry and show up. (taking a guess there since the wives are all showing up in promo shots for this season)

So far... I can't wait until Catherine Howard is gone. Annoying is too nice of a term for her. I know she's a giggly little 17 year old, but like Rutabaga said... the fact it seems to have spread to her ladies in waiting is just cringe worthy.

I am, however, amused by Henry's constant food/eating comments. :lol

Rutabaga
Apr 19th, 2010, 06:12:21 AM
Oh, for God's sake, would someone PLEASE just cut Catherine Howard's head off already? She is just SO annoying! The behavior of her and her ladies-in-waiting is still just so inappropriate, I feel like I'm watching The Tudors 90210 or something like that. The scene where she confronted Mary, with the fidgety hands-on-the-hips posture, was just infuriating. She needs to go. NOW.

And Thomas Culpepper sleeping with Jane Boleyn? Wow.

I loved the first 3 seasons of this show, but right now I'm not liking it at all. Hopefully it will get better with Catherine Howard out of the way.

And BTW, the Pop Tudors site is quiet, there's been no posts since last summer. I haz a sad :cry.

Emelie Shadowstar
Apr 19th, 2010, 04:37:09 PM
Ep #2 stuff:

I don't think we're supposed to like Catherine because they certainly are doing an amazing job of just making her entirely loathsome. I constantly found myself wishing someone would just shut her up.

The scenes with her and Anne of Cleves made me just go "you left HER for THAT one? Oh come ON Henry..."

As for the scene with Mary... yeah the whole "you'll never be married" thing made me want to reach through the TV and slap her

...Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. I really hope we only have to endure her for another episode. >_<

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 20th, 2010, 12:54:06 AM
At least we know she gets her head lopped off eventually. Roll on Catherine Parr!

Emelie Shadowstar
Apr 27th, 2010, 12:19:55 PM
Ep 3!

They are just dragging her out as long as possible, aren't they? Even the promo for next week didn't encourage me. Oh look! More Catherine Howard being an annoying slut! :| Henryyyyy... kill her already!

Episode wasn't a total loss though...
Scenes with Henry and Anne of Cleves continue to amuse me and go "yeahhh bet you wish you hadn't dropped her, huh? You ass." I'm glad they kinda are keeping her around and letting that relationship of friendliness between the two show. Though him in bed with her was kinda... urhm....what? lol

Am I the only one that wishes they had gotten someone prettier for Elizabeth? :( I wish she looked more like her mum somehow. I know she's supposed to be all of like... 10 or something here, but still! The last two little girls were adorable! Maybe she's just in that awkward phase? I dunno.

Though speaking of characters that look like/remind me of Anne Boleyn. Mary remains awesome. But yeah, Jenny...you weren't kidding about her kinda looking like Anne. This ep especially did it for some reason in my mind.

Oh... and Edward remains EFFING ADORABLE. Seriously cute kid they have playing him.

But yeah... overall still probably the weakest season IMO. Can't really find myself caring about all the little subplots and such this time around.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 27th, 2010, 01:08:04 PM
I can't even motivate myself to watch this latest episode. Oh, The Tudors.. how far you've fallen in my estimation.

Rutabaga
Apr 27th, 2010, 07:49:31 PM
I found this episode to be the most tolerable one of the season so far. But yeah, let's cut Catherine's head off already. Please. :grumble

Rutabaga
May 9th, 2010, 08:01:06 PM
Best episode of the season. Because everybody died. :evil

Emelie Shadowstar
May 10th, 2010, 04:38:25 PM
I concur. :lol

Rutabaga
May 24th, 2010, 09:05:20 AM
The last 2 episodes have been much more to my liking. And that curly-haired moppet Edward is just way too adorable! :hug

Rutabaga
Jun 14th, 2010, 06:38:00 AM
Um...Jonathan Rhys Meyers doesn't do Old Henry all that well. :\

Rutabaga
Jun 21st, 2010, 07:37:34 PM
So after a really disappointing final season, at least they went out with a fairly decent final episode. Now time to start anticipating the arrival of The Borgias. :)