PDA

View Full Version : How often do you eat fast food?

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 27th, 2009, 07:25:56 PM
McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Subway, Taco Bell, Arby's, Papa John's, Dominoes... the list goes on and on and on forever.

How often does at least one of your main meals of the day consist of fast food/take-out?

Ryan Pode
Feb 27th, 2009, 07:27:40 PM
I eat Moe's once a week. I consider that fast food. But otherwise twice a month on average.

Xavier Synik
Feb 27th, 2009, 07:56:31 PM
averages out to about once or twice a month. sometimes it's more depending on work.

Charley
Feb 27th, 2009, 08:32:15 PM
Maybe about once every two or three months, give or take. Just enough to help remind me why I don't make a habit of it.

Wyl Staedtler
Feb 27th, 2009, 08:40:26 PM
Once or twice a month I treat myself to lunch at Papayas, a locally run vegan take-out place. So. Tasty. :dance

Emelie Shadowstar
Feb 27th, 2009, 08:50:21 PM
More often than I should...

Probably about once a week, give or take depending on how lazy me and the boyfriend are being.

Though usually it's Panda Express or one of the local mexican places...

Charley
Feb 27th, 2009, 09:20:55 PM
Once or twice a month I treat myself to lunch at Papayas, a locally run vegan take-out place. So. Tasty. :dance

Does calling in orders for pick up at sit-down restaurants count as fast food? If that's the case, I do it a bit more. I've picked up began bharta, roti, gajjar ka halwa and chana masala for the past two days at some of our local Indian spots.

Emelie Shadowstar
Feb 27th, 2009, 11:32:50 PM
Does calling in orders for pick up at sit-down restaurants count as fast food? If that's the case, I do it a bit more. I've picked up began bharta, roti, gajjar ka halwa and chana masala for the past two days at some of our local Indian spots.

Shit...if that counts it's an almost every day thing to me as I've been practically living off the daily soup from the little local place by my work (oh my god...today was turkey with veggies and barley <3 ...and yesterday was chicken with wild rice)

But that's hardly what I'd consider "fast food."

Charley
Feb 28th, 2009, 12:09:44 AM
Well thats why I figure it might help to clarify what is meant by fast food. To me, it's not really an issue of the speed of preparation and acquisition that gives fast food its detrimental status in the foodie world, it's the level of care and skill in preparation.

I'm more worried about places that maintain some sort of corporate quality guidelines and rigorously enforce sameness. If somebody cares about cooking, I'd be happy to get my food in five minutes as opposed to going to Applebees and getting something pre-packaged in a distribution center that is marginally cooked up to disguise what it truly is; garbage.

Miranda Tarkin
Feb 28th, 2009, 12:22:07 AM
i said once or twice a week... but it is more like a few times a month which was not an option :p

Nya Halcyon
Feb 28th, 2009, 03:24:55 AM
I avoid eating any fast food, but sometimes it's the only option available if I'm in a hurry to get somewhere and I haven't had anything to eat for a bit. I gotta be really hungry tho, otherwise no ten horses would get me to eat ff.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 28th, 2009, 05:59:48 AM
i said once or twice a week... but it is more like a few times a month which was not an option :p

"Once or twice a month" = a few times a month :rolleyes

Sorsha Kasajian
Feb 28th, 2009, 08:27:18 AM
About once or twice a month. I go out far less since I've learned to clone my favorite things at home.

Miranda Tarkin
Feb 28th, 2009, 09:05:07 AM
Actually few means three or four times, not once or twice :p

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 28th, 2009, 11:49:13 AM
It really depends, though, especially on the busy days around lunch time or what's going on around dinner time.

...I use to get subs 3-4 times a week at this gas/station mini mart right next to where I work because my lunch hour would always be taken up by meetings or something... but it was higher quality food than what they served in the cafe at work... does that count? o_O

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 28th, 2009, 11:51:15 AM
Actually few means three or four times, not once or twice :p

|I

Once or twice, a few, a handful... sorry I didn't specify exact numbers for you PEDANTS :rolleyes :p

Miranda Tarkin
Feb 28th, 2009, 12:06:44 PM
I can't help it if my numerical definitions are different then yours XD

Atreyu
Mar 1st, 2009, 07:41:47 PM
Hardly ever - I can't even remember the last time I walked into a McDonalds/Hungry Jacks/Red Rooster et al

Peter McCoy
Mar 2nd, 2009, 07:37:36 AM
I put once or twice a week when in actual fact it's less than that. I'd say I have either a KFC or a Maccy D's or a Burger Kind once every two weeks, whereas I'll go to the local chippy at least once a week, but I don't consider that fast food. Just because it's ready pretty quickly, I don't consider it fast - it's just sitting there, ready to server. Well the chips anyway - I usually get a meal of beef and mushrooms in gracy with egg-fried rice and chips, so I have to wait for the rice and beef. Healthier than a Maccy D's by far, but still relatively quick to server up.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:13:15 AM
Too often :|

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 5th, 2009, 05:11:02 PM
I almost bought a McDonalds yesterday, but I resisted the craving for junk.

Go me.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 10th, 2009, 10:54:08 PM
A whole McDonalds?! :eek

Travis North
Mar 10th, 2009, 11:39:40 PM
^ WOAH!

Most of my meals are categorized as fast food. :( What else can you get between classes?

That said I tend to avoid the burger and fries and opt for a sub or gyro pita (best wrap ever.)

Charley
Mar 11th, 2009, 06:30:25 AM
If you pre-cook, you can make a lot of convenient foods for eating on the go.

Either that, or you can also eat fresh fruits and little finger foods during the day and do your proper meal in the evening. It's what I do, and its how the Romans did it. Can't be too bad ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 11th, 2009, 08:05:06 AM
A whole McDonalds?! :eek

Yeah! I haven't had one for a long time, so I thought I'd rather not break my good streak than indulge in some crack nuggets.

Travis North
Mar 11th, 2009, 08:23:22 AM
I can get my hands on some fresh fruit and finger foods no problem from the market near the campus. Pre-cooking I might be able to do if the kitchen is open, however storage is an issue since my fridge is just a small cube for drinks.

Charley
Mar 11th, 2009, 08:40:00 AM
I can get my hands on some fresh fruit and finger foods no problem from the market near the campus. Pre-cooking I might be able to do if the kitchen is open, however storage is an issue since my fridge is just a small cube for drinks.

The microwave-sized one or the "booze fridge" midget fridge? You're in a dorm right? No communal kitchen?

Sometimes I forget why dorms suck so much. Living in a house on campus was so great.

Travis North
Mar 11th, 2009, 10:20:11 AM
I live it what some might consider a dorm. In reality its a retirement residence with a varying number of room types. Management rents out a number of smaller rooms to students since they are available and the building is in a prime location right on top of the subway line.

I have the booze fridge - it stands 1'6" x 1'6", internal dimensions are significantly less since its designed to be compact. There is also an annoying interior freezing compartment that chills the entire unit. I got it as a freebie from the building so I can't complain.

There is a small kitchen available for use in the basement of the building. It is rarely used by residents as it is property of the Church attached the building. However, most times the Church is okay with people using it so long as it is cleaned after use and whatever is used that is on hand from their pantry is replaced.

Silus Xilarian
Mar 12th, 2009, 03:43:24 PM
I used to be a fast food fiend, I was always like OM NOM NOM NOM NOM BURGERS AND STUFF.

Now I'm all like "oh this has 300 calories and it's only brunch! Pitter!"

I kinda miss the good 'ol days (2 months ago)

I'd say right now, once or twice a month, I drop by subway. As far as fast food goes, I'd say it's the least unhealthy.