PDA

View Full Version : A Mini-Reset for This Character

Vince
Feb 24th, 2009, 02:40:37 PM
I was reading all the threads surrounding the Starfighter Squadrons and Park's plans, and was bitten by the muse that spawned this guy. But I had lost steam with this guy, as really, writing about starfighter battles gets a bit routine unless there's sufficient context to keep us interested in the battle itself and not just the outcome.

So, onto Trix. I was thinking of starting over with him, and instead of some nobody character, I had the idea of making him kinda like Jimmy Stewart in WWII; that is, a holomovie star that joined the Imperial Starfighter Academy after the battle of Endor, and participates in several battles.

Some details were running through my head about him, but I wanted some feed-back about the entire thing.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 24th, 2009, 02:43:32 PM
Oooh, I like this idea a lot!

Tear
Feb 24th, 2009, 02:46:34 PM
I believe I've spawned the one-eyed half look Av.:lol

Jehkran Dmath
Feb 24th, 2009, 02:59:23 PM
I love the idea. :)

Vince
Feb 24th, 2009, 03:09:23 PM
So far people are liking it. I was thinking that it could lead to some interesting ideas: i.e., interviews on the holochannels that the rebels could see and comment on, paticular movies he could have done (that could also be enjoyed by Rebels, if that could be possible, though with the Emperor dead I could see a few more "risky" holofilms airing until the Inq and Empire straightened itself out again).

Also, some interesting interaction: many might see him simply as a PR move to gain sympathy with the populace, and Trix would have to 'prove' himself to them.

Tear: I tried to find some other avatar, as I told myself explicitly "I will not be like Tear!" but sadly, the coolness of the picture made me do it. It literally had a metaphorical gun to my head.

Tear
Feb 24th, 2009, 03:13:53 PM
lol hey no worries. It's not like there's a copyright on it or anything. We can be brooding and sexy together. Am I right ladies?:rolleyes

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 24th, 2009, 04:00:38 PM
Cool idea :)

My Imp pilot was formerly the member of a high-profile swoop racing team on Coruscant. Maybe they were like.. celebrity buddies :mneh

Cael Bathala
Feb 24th, 2009, 04:19:42 PM
Here he is :cool

I imagine Trix would be more well-known than Cael, since moviestars tend to be more famous than sports personalities.

Captain Untouchable
Feb 24th, 2009, 04:22:28 PM
My Moff is a former holomovie guy; if you fancy having a friend in a high place, we can always have worked on something together in the past. :cool:

Vince
Feb 24th, 2009, 04:32:41 PM
Cool idea :)

My Imp pilot was formerly the member of a high-profile swoop racing team on Coruscant. Maybe they were like.. celebrity buddies :mneh

Works for me. :p I could imagine some holonet photos of them getting drunk together... "SCANDAL! HOLOSTAR AND RACER GETTING DRUNK ON DUTY?" ;)

Sol Iman
Feb 24th, 2009, 05:49:58 PM
It literally had a metaphorical gun to my head.

Wait... but that's not... it doesn't... *head EXPLODES*

Jehkran Dmath
Feb 24th, 2009, 06:27:07 PM
It literally had a metaphorical gun to my head.

Wait... but that's not... it doesn't... *head EXPLODES*

Hahah!! :lol