PDA

View Full Version : Credits Will Do Fine

I'nu
Feb 24th, 2009, 10:20:07 AM
Credits Will Do Fine
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/LaLaBoogie/oook.jpg

Sunlight bloomed in a splash of magenta, tangerine and vanilla in the sky. This was the usual. Bespin was a beautiful planet. Cloud City was a beautiful city. People took it for granted. No one marvelled at the exotic, because it became usual. It made it easy to track the tourist. I'nu wasn't a tourist though.

It was before Lando took over. The days when the New Order was new, and I'nu's father was more than an ex-champion. A lot had changed since those times, but I'nu remembered. Even as he stared at the heavens, leaning out the building, he knew. Behind him roamed a crowd of common folk that didn't even know his father's name.

He could be proud though. He could still hold his family name high, but he didn't. I'nu introduced himself by first name alone. The follow-up to "Hi" had been the same since he first had come to Bespin. That was one thing that didn't change. That was one thing that wouldn't change.

"Next ticket to space docks."

He was at the shuttle. Time had come to get off this rock and back somewhere important. Not that important, of course, it was a junk yard. But it was his junk pile, and that was somewhat important enough to act like he was in a rush. It was something to blend in with the rush for. Not like anyone was going to ask him what he was there for, just he wanted to be usual, not unusual. His parents had done enough to make him the odd ball out.

Hands dipped in his pockets, conserved, reserved, and quick, he filled the crowd like an ant in line. Movements were single-file, and the group was clumped. A few chit-chatted about the food in the lower levels compared to the cuisine. Others squabbled over their hotel treatment, but no one talked about anything meaningful. Just chit-chat, and I'nu didn't want to listen.

All he wanted to do was get back. All he wanted to do was get away.

Zenas Codrey
Feb 25th, 2009, 02:15:49 PM
Zenas kept his hands clenched in the pockets of his clothes, eyes focused on the back of the neck of the person in front of him. He was trying very hard not to freak out in the crush of people, to resist the need to set fire and lash out and clear enough space around himself to simply breathe. There were no other Togruta among the crowd, which made him more nervous still, but in the tides of sapient beings he still thought it would be difficult for any bounty hunters to find or apprehend him. If he ever, ever saw that human Inquisitor again, Zenas would end him on the spot.

An iridonian suddenly tripped to Zenas's right, smacking him into a somewhat smaller being on his left. He spun to glare at the Iridonian, his triple lekku lashing across the face of I'nu, who he'd bumped into. Feeling that, too, Zenas shoved back against the Iridonian, clearing enough space to his right that he could step back and look at the man on his left.

I'nu
Feb 25th, 2009, 03:53:45 PM
When locked in line, there isn't much thinking. One after another is the rule, and its understood throughout the galaxy. From the smallest worlds, to the biggest, people knew how to go about in single-file. Or at least, they grasped the concept. The only problem was execution. Anytime I'nu found himself in line there was trouble, especially when crowds formed. Any bunch could turn hectic, quick. Even the slightest shove required a polite, quiet apology. People had their bubbles, invisible as they were, and intruding on that space meant the defense mechanism came into play. No one liked that fight or flight response, it always had the potential to get messy. And most folk didn't like things messy; they liked things organized, like lines.

This line wasn't organized.

It was the only explanation I'nu could come to when the three tendrils flocked his way. All he saw were stripes, and all he felt was a sudden smack across his face. At first, he was confused. I'nu had been lost in thought. There wasn't any time to move, dodge, or even try to no avail. From blink to pop, he was stirred awake and alive. His eyes darted off to the source, and it was red. Going from stripes to red had to be some sort of primal signal for carnal behavior, but I'nu kept himself at bay.

A facade rolled over, and he smiled. Not truly polite, but it was evident he was trying to make good. His hazel eyes met the man's, and he stared for a slight moment until his words trickled out.

"Y'gotta watch where y'flip those things, man," he laughed. Then, shot his eyes off, back into the crowd. A thought began to nag him, but he couldn't grab hold to it...yet.

It was something about that red, and those stripes. Togruta were an interesting race, but not that interesting. This guy was different. There was a thing about him....

Zenas Codrey
Feb 26th, 2009, 09:42:06 AM
Zenas managed to reply only with an impatient noise, narrowing of Force-tainted eyes, and aggravated twitching of his triple lekku. He moved the two at the sides of his head to drape over his shoulders, but there was nothing to be done about the one trailing from base of his skull and down his spine. He hunched as the tide of people began to swell into the space he cleared, but he was acutely aware now that people were looking at him. Das't but he hated having to be low-key.

I'nu
Feb 26th, 2009, 10:37:35 AM
A few faces looked over.

I'nu still didn't get it. The thought was still boiling in his brain, and he couldn't get rid of the stench. The smell was coming from the Togruta. Even as he grunted, looked away, and I'nu stood right next to him it was all futile. I'nu just couldn't wrap his mind around it.

Then, it accured, in a blast. The memory came through like a holo-feed, and his eyes flutter into a blinking fit. Five days back the words was circulating, and rumor was abound. I'nu was on his shift again, and it was his last. Even in the high-ups, folks talked. Some big bounty had been recently put on some Togruta. One of those crazy old coots from the past, holding onto the crazier religion was the word, but I'nu paid it no mind until he got back to the motel.

Down there the word was big. Most people were stuck on subjects like those. Bounties were a big thing, and an easy come up for some scavenger looking for good credits. Before he even got to his door he had gone through two conversation, filled with description (probably off), but intense as ever.

He didn't expect to be so close to the prize though. I'nu wasn't even the hunting type, but how could he refuse. A sly, devilish nature coax his lips into a smirk. For a moment, he would play dumb. The line was moving. Soon the shuttle would be landing, and then it would unfold.

I'nu was quiet. Too quiet. His feet didn't even rustle when he moved.

Zenas Codrey
Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:29:09 PM
Zenas shuffled along in line, keeping tightly to himself, careful not to touch anybody else. Ahead of the queue the shuttle off Bespin was settling down, preparing to unload the sentients who, for whatever reason Zenas couldn't distinguish, actually wanted to be on Bespin's Cloud City. Zenas sidled up to a stop beside I'nu as the line halted again. Only a mere 15 meters to the shuttle...he couldn't wait.

I'nu
Mar 3rd, 2009, 07:09:19 PM
The skies were lit with beauty, don with chance, and balm with potential. I'nu didn't even gaze up. Everything was on the line, his ears, eyes, and nose. Each sense was potent, filled with the Cathar genetics his father prided himself in. Also, there was the training. More than a bundle of years had been handed down in skill from the father to son, and whether the boy knew it or not it made him keen. The cunning trickery accomplished by a toned body and mind could be more than most could handle. Even if the mutt was a bit rusty.

As the line shifted, shuffled, and went adrift with impatience, he timed himself. Each move was visualized, imagined, painted in his mind. I'nu could see it playing out. A grin rose on his lips. Those lips fluff, even, smooth held too many words to say. Instead, he wouldn't talk. No, he'd only act. All his emotions would be in his action. Desperation, fear, hate, understanding & ignorance all would flesh out in his quick effort for more, for cash, for credits.

It was sudden when it happened. The crowd heading out the shuttle was sprawling out, yet still were too close. A few wayward travelers had bumped into each other as the two lines stupidly intersected. Everything about this potentially hazardous moment would be used as a guise. I'nu dressed in the seconds with total glee. The grin that had rose had yet to fade. It still blossomed with devilish twist that made the smile almost a smirk, and the sparkle in his eyes almost an abyss. With one swift, quick push, he banged up against a traveler heading out.

The man was an Ithorian. Tall, lanky, calm, and unprepared. When the two hit, the Ithorian almost fell. Actually, he would've, if it wasn't for I'nu's hands reaching out. Before the big hammerhead could find the ground, he was being twirled off to the side. Instead of a meeting with the floor, he was introduced with a thud to Zenas the Togruta. I'nu had grabbed the Ithorian by his swinging arms as he had fell, and twisted him about, catapulting him at the target. It was only one step to the process, but it was a worthwhile step.

Already he had made some distance, and aimed to take the bounty off guard. Plus, he had used the Ithorian to separate the two. With a bounty that high, this guy had to be dangerous. I'nu wasn't up on all the data - he was no hunter - but he was intuitive. That was enough, at least for now.

Zenas Codrey
Mar 4th, 2009, 02:16:55 PM
Zenas turned the Ithorian by his ridiculous flat head and shoved him back the way he came, looking about for whoever the hell it was shoving people about. He was through with having inferior, traitorous sapients breathing on him and bumping into him. His eye swiftly searched, but for the most part the people were trying to ignore the ruckus. Nobody looked guilty, but Zenas was sure that one of them might be guilty and faking innocence. Though it seemed something was missing in the space where the Ithorian was struggling to his feet.

I'nu
Mar 9th, 2009, 09:09:33 AM
As the Ithorian struggled, the mutt plotted. His next move had already been calculated. It had already been presumed, and now was the point to assume it. Position set, he squated, letting his calves do the rest of the work. Eyes high, but focused, he pushed off the earth with some light assistance from his hands and went flying over the crowd. No eyes shot up, they were too fixed on the people ahead, and the shuttle.

Perfect.

I'nu came down with his fist first. The target was the Togruta's face. All the long days under his father's training would come to work.

Teras Kasi, don't fail me now...

Zenas Codrey
Mar 11th, 2009, 01:16:28 PM
In the crowd, Zenas hardly noticed the additional movement above him. Flying creatures had been scavenging about all through the wait for dropped bits of food; he nearly ignored it when his montrals helpfully let him know that something big was dropping towards him. Zenas looked up in time to take the punch on his forehead. He staggered into the sapients behind him and stood to full height as he recovered.

"What the hell!" Zenas recognized the mutt as the man he'd accidentally lashed with his lekku. It didn't occur to him that I'nu might be after the bounty; he thought the elaborate punch to be an act of vengeance, and tried to play the part of a victim. "What was that for!?" Sadly, Zenas had never been good at this sort of thing. "You das't stupid runt! I'll kill you!" There wasn't much distance to close, and so Zenas took one long stride, seeming to float off the ground as he came inside and made a straight punch that sought to avenge his throbbing forehead.

Jehkran Dmath
Mar 11th, 2009, 04:45:11 PM
--Delete--

I'nu
Mar 11th, 2009, 04:46:01 PM
Skill was key. Teräs Käsi brought skill, and I'nu had it. But more important was the door of experience. So many "once upon a times..." could come to mind, memories of moments like these and such. I'nu didn't have the time. Muscle memory was better than a nostalgia on anyday, especially this one. Before the position could be registered, impulse set in. Trained instincts, and poise trailed through his body as he let the vengeful bounty swing and he swept away.

Straight as the punch was, it held flaws. Too much was exposed, and I'nu let his punch fly by as his side-step opened room for the stomach. An upper-cut was the strike of choice, and not too much power had to be put in it. He was leaning into it, and that momentum would be use to I'nu's advantage...

...Hopefully.

Long drawn out battles were...tiring.

Zenas Codrey
Mar 24th, 2009, 11:23:55 AM
Zenas caught I'nu's fist and yanked, side-stepping to let the first-time bounty hunter's momentum carry him past his position. The fight had broken up the line, and now they stood in a ring of people. They helpfully caught I'nu, but Zenas wasn't going to give any quarter. He moved back in, striking with the outside edge of his hand.

I'nu
Mar 24th, 2009, 11:06:37 PM
The mutt was in a muddle. I'nu was stumbling already from the extra momentum, and crowd, but Zenas fist made it worse. It came in hard. The edge pushed in his cheek, letting spit fly out as his feet jumbled off to the side. All around the ring watched astound. One even assisted, persisting the fight go on, with a little shove. I'nu wasn't going to allowed to fall.

That would end it up.

And with the push, came the follow-up. I'nu let the crowd help, but they weren't doing the ground work. While his feet regained balance, his hands balled up and went flying. In a twirl, he let gravity play out. His fist came back in a sling-shot fashion, jabbing for the face like a slashing blade. Ferocity torched the young man's face, debunking the innocence that once was for the chance to show the visage of a true warrior.

The battle was on!

Zenas Codrey
Apr 1st, 2009, 12:23:00 AM
Zenas swayed and clamped down on the urge to use the Force. It wouldn't do to reveal himself just to deal with his indignant traveller, but the conflict of what he needed to do as opposed to what he wanted to do was hazing his mind. I'nu's punch snapped him back to reality, and Zenas stepped in to make a knee strike. Around him the crowd howled insults and jeers, and somewhere in the back of it all he could hear spaceport authority trying to get to the conflict. The crowd wasn't ready to oblige them yet, so Zenas ignored it. At least that's one thing that won't be distracting him.

I'nu
Apr 2nd, 2009, 08:52:05 AM
The young mutt was in a swirl. His foot work was sloppy. Legs crissed and crossed as he tried to regain his balance. It was all of folly. Just like his sense of expectations in this bout were folly. Before he could make clear the crowds uproar. Or decipher the smell of a sort of toxin singeing the air from afar, he felt. It was pain. The agony enthral his body, sourced at his stomach.

A knee had hit him.

I'nu took his eyes off the surroundings, and focused them. Zenas was there, and though the punch had hit, I'nu was disorienated. There was no way to confirm much the moments after. All the little mutt knew was he was doubling over, backing away. Hands firm on his stomach, he used them in hopes of holding at bay the ache.

Then, he dove. His feet were barely on the earth, barely touching the ground, and he was bull-rushing. Pain had evolved into rage, and he was using it to tackle Zenas. No way I'nu was going to walk away from this fight bruised and battered. Not in his head he wasn't. It would be totally unacceptable.

Zenas Codrey
Apr 8th, 2009, 08:14:41 AM
Zenas braced himself, catching I'nu's charge, but staggered back almost into the crowd. He could feel the heels of his boots threatening the toes of the inner ring before he halted the advance, but when he pushed back, he found he couldn't move the mutt. He got stubborn, leaning into his opponent, determined to shove him back.

I'nu
Apr 9th, 2009, 09:36:59 AM
The mutt wasn't going to give up. He needed the credits more than anything. I'nu could hear the cha-chinging in his head. This was fun. This was great. All he had to do was get him down. Then, maybe, he could get the others to hold him down.

He'd be on easy streak if he could just...just...push him a little further.

"C'mon," he grunted, arms wrapped around firm, and feet digging into the ground. The young Cathar and Zeltron mix didnt have momentum to back him anymore. All he had was sheer strength and force, and he hoped that would be enough.

Zenas Codrey
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:08:28 AM
Zenas found I'nu to be as immovable as a stubborn animal. He turned himself and the force each man had been exerting moved them past one another, breaking the deadlock. He stumbled back to the center, losing his footing and coming down on one knee.

I'nu
Apr 13th, 2009, 09:25:28 PM
I'nu stumbled off. The momentum took him into the crowd, only to bounce back. He stared at the man, panting. Each heave of air filled with more than the last, as he tried desperately for a balance. He had to take the opprotunity. He had to take the upper hand.

One last heave, and he dove again. This time he was less reckless. There was more grace, accuracy, and beauty in his steps. His feet didn't leave the ground, but he was head-long forward. Arms out, one was balled into a first, ready to thrash the Togruta's cheek.

Just a single hit would do...hopefully. Aslong as he connected, that upper hand would be his.

Zenas Codrey
Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:55:51 AM
Zenas stood up into the punch, stumbling back into the crowd. His senses were overwhelmed by the noise of the crowd and the anger that was hazing his mind. He started to rush recklessly to the center again when the port authorities finally broke into the fighting circle.

I'nu
Apr 23rd, 2009, 01:11:37 PM
"Aaah frack!"

I'nu was already turning. The suited guards were trickling through the crowd the whole time. Their little bout had been going in turbo, and the crowds were too entertained, too thick. Yet, it was only a matter of time, and time was then. His eyes widen, shocked, and in panic. Both lids punched at his brain, sending his body into an impulsive jolt.

He bolted, turned, twisted, pivoted, and put every word into his thought bubble until it burst into action. It was all a blink, but it felt like forever. Nothing was worst than fear. I'nu knew that all too well, and especially in these seconds. No, he wasn't going to give up on the chase, but he was going to change his plans.

And fast.

With a jump into the crowd, he slipped through the colors of many faces, keeping his eye over his shoulder. He watched for Zenas, tracking him as he took each step. It was like moving through a mosh pit at a concert. The whole ordeal was ridicilous, but he'd come out on top.

He just had to.

Not just for him, but for his shop.

Zenas Codrey
Apr 27th, 2009, 08:49:55 AM
"Let him go," commanded the leader, content to deal with Zenas. The human man offered his hand to help Zenas up from the crouch he'd stumbled into when they'd breached the impromptu arena, but the proud Togruta stood on his own. He stood slightly taller than the human officer, but with his montrals and naturally mean appearance, he seemed to loom over the man.

"What?" Zenas demanded. He risked the Force, looking for I'nu. In the sea of people it was impossible to pinpoint him, so he let it go as the authorities began to question him. Why had he been fighting here? "This little...mutt of a man attacked me. I think he thought I'd hit him or something in the crowd. I defended myself." It was as close to the truth as Zenas could manage. The aforementioned crowd were useless as witnesses, and detaining them to find I'nu would take too long...besides, he may already have escaped. The officers were about to continue boarding when one looked up from his datapad in surprise.

"This man has a bounty on his head."

I'nu
Apr 28th, 2009, 07:10:04 AM
He heard.

Cathar bore this mutt, not just Zeltron. He was a mix. A good mix at that, and he heard. Those sharp ears of his captured those words. The officers voice was stern, strong. It didn't roar, but it ran like a wave through the sea of people. In the tide, the young mutt glanced.

Eyes sharp in hazel, he stared at his bounty. His bounty. Not the officer's, but his. Too many credits were on this Togruta's head, and he wasn't going to let a rag tag group of authorities mess his plans up. The boy's pockets were starving. His bank account was salivating. I'nu wouldn't allow it. He just wouldn't

One bump, two pushes, four pivot steps and he was near the center of the crowd. All he needed to do was one more bump. One good bump and he pushed one of the audience off into the officer. Hard too. Hard enough to drive the two into a twirl, a fall, and smash. I'nu was in hide at this point, though. On the move, and he was not alone.

The mutt's hands were tight, firm. His grip was on the Togruta's wrist, yanking him along the crowd. This bounty was his. Not anyone else...

Zenas Codrey
May 7th, 2009, 12:52:21 PM
The crowd had heard it too, and Zenas found himself forced to cooperate with I'nu or be smothered by the press of sentients. They were about to be overwhelmed when Zenas jumped, dragging I'nu along with him. The pair landed a few hundred meters away atop the structure that served for the customs building, ducking down behind the ledge.

"So that's why you attacked me? You saw the bounty?" he hissed, voice nearly a whisper. A few blaster bolts sizzled the air above them.

I'nu
May 8th, 2009, 12:29:22 AM
Shock ravaged his eyes. A thump could be heard, and he was there. In seconds the mutt went from the suffocation of the crowd to the clouds. It was amazing. Silence tinged his ears. All was so rare, so new, but only split by milliseconds. Not a word came out his gape. The boy was simply surprise.

Even as the man hissed, he was looking. The hazel gleam of his eyes glisten with the glare of the heavens. Above sat the sun, but it was clear now. Without the building bold structure blocking it's shine, it was all too bright.

But warm.

Oh, so warm.

Finally, the words came out. They were strong, and he had to swallow to make them so. His mouth was dry like sandpaper.

"Yea...yea." I'nu realized he was on his knees. The man's jump was mind-blowing. Good thing I'nu didn't need his mind to put words together.

Zenas Codrey
May 14th, 2009, 08:36:17 AM
Zenas mumbled something Togrutan. The number of shots had dwindled, so Zenas risked a look over the side. They were sending people in. He ducked as another red beam of energy crackled through the air nearby.

"They are sending people to the roof to retrieve me. I am not going to get captured today. Not by them, and certainly not by you. If I'd had any cause to believe you were a bounty hunter earlier, this little fight of ours would have ended that much quicker."

He cast his eyes about, looking for the building's rooftop access. The roof was completely flat, so it had to be some kind of hatch, but Zenas couldn't see it from where he was laying pressed to the floor.

I'nu
May 14th, 2009, 02:43:50 PM
The boys mind had been everywhere. In a blink he went from Coruscant to Tatooine, and back again. He was in a scatter. Rattled. The flight was literally mind-boggling. In a flinch the Togrutan had taken them from ground to roof. It took a while to completely grasp, but when he did he was still baffled.

Eyes likes spears through space, he drowned in his thoughts. So many possibilities reached back into his mind from childhood. That imagination of his was going on a roller-coaster ride. Instead of euphoria though, he experienced a jolting disturbance that bolted from somewhere deep.

Then, it left him. It left him in a sudden burst, and this explosion of thought was escorted by the bounty's words.

'...you!"

The words grew bold in the mutt's thought bubble. Then, it eventually broke through the seam, calling to his attention. He was back to the world again, landing hard. All the intensity of the lost seconds was siphoned and he looked. No, he gawked. Everything around was taken in. The clouds swallowed him in their beauty. Meanwhile, foot steps shuffled through his resonance. His ears, potent, precise, blessed by his Cathar genes, led his eyes. The trots were growing near.

Danger echoed below, but he didn't look. Already he was devising. The Togruta had become apart of the background. His focus was on the below - they - no, he - had to get down from there. Pulling his head around, he glared at the red-skinned bounty. Not a word slipped from his mouth. His lips were tight. He almost snarled. Then, swiftly, he was gone.

"Fraaack!"

Lost into the space over the roof, he let his claws do the work. The side of the wall screeched with his barbaric, but crafty display. Once again the breeding of his father was keeping his alive. Although he didn't like it, had he to thank his dad he was going to live to see another moment.

Zenas Codrey
May 17th, 2009, 10:51:16 AM
"Hmph," Zenas scoffed. "Smart kid." Zenas made his escape over the opposite side, simply leaping to the ground and coming up in a roll, displacing the impact of the landing and running from the dock. He'd cut through the city and choose another ship on the outer ring of Cloud City for his escape. To his mind, it was just that simple.

I'nu
May 17th, 2009, 12:12:11 PM
The smart kid hit the ground with a roll. It was like mimicking the Togruta. The bounty was still on his mind. Even as he got to safety, hunched over in a crouch, he was still there. Quickly, his eyes and head cut over his shoulder, looking at the roof. No one was there anymore.

Zenas he fled too.

A snarl rolled itself along his lips. Pushing from the ground, the young mutt twisted about. The bounty wasn't getting away. Not that easy, at least. So, in seconds, he catapulted himself through the crowd and toward where he knew he had gone. There were only so many directions somene could go.

Busting through the clutter of faces, he sighted the long tendrils. Despite the man's speed, those stripped head-tails would always give him away. Togruta were vast among the galaxy, but not so widely spread to be congested to this small little space here. I'nu made the move.

He kept behind about 10 paces. There was no certainty the "cops" had given up on the chase. More than likely they didn't, and he wasn't going to caught in the crash course. Instead he stalked, waited, watching for any good opening. It would come soon, as long as he wasn't...noticed.

Zenas Codrey
May 21st, 2009, 08:41:48 AM
Zenas paused when he reached a street. It was a three-way intersection, with road stretching away to the right, to the left, and ahead. Zenas moved right, staying close to the buildings. He could feel the thunder of adrenaline in his body, raising his senses and physical performance. He clenched his jaw and took a breath, forcing some calm on himself. He didn't need the Force again just yet, and while he could use his anger to focus, he knew it would give him away somehow. He stepped easily through the people, bumping no one.

I'nu
May 21st, 2009, 03:46:04 PM
He rushed. The beat of his feet tranquilized his thoughts. All he had was his feelings. Adrenaline pumped through him like fuel, pushing him through the crowd. His eyes cut in every direction as he watched Zenas, looking for openings.

Finally, it came. As soon as he turned to the right, so did I'nu. However, he was about a block back. Slicing down the alley way, between the large buildings, he swept around. The hope was to cut him off. And he just about did it. Finding himself out infront of the Togruta, he watched as he ran across the side of the building.

Now all he had to do was connect. Fist out, allowing Zenas to run right into if it he may.

Zenas Codrey
May 28th, 2009, 05:05:50 AM
Zenas twisted, spinning past I'nu and stopping with his back to the street. He stopped the man from hitting another pedestrian by swatting his hand down to his side.

"I thought you were smart," he snarked. His voice was low to keep from being heard over traffic and the other pedestrians, but he knew I'nu could hear it. "Can't you see I'm trying to make a getaway? If you think you're going to stop me, I can always repeat my long jump. See you collect your bounty when I'm on a rooftop two blocks away before you can blink!"

I'nu
May 28th, 2009, 03:35:06 PM
"I'm gettin my bounty!"

He leaped. He jumped. He was out to tackle Zenas. Get him to the ground, and wail away if he could. If not, well...he didn't have a second plan. He just needed that bounty. Too many zeros meant the sense went out the window.

Zenas Codrey
Jun 1st, 2009, 10:34:09 AM
Zenas was done playing. He dodged effortlessly, allowing the Force to guide his movements.

"Do you know what you're dealing with here?" he taunted. "Did the bounty notice you saw tell you anything about having supernatural powers? Or did it simply read that I was "armed and dangerous"? Because if that's all the warning you got, you didn't get enough of it!"

I'nu
Jun 1st, 2009, 12:37:19 PM
I'nu couldn't hear over his heart pounding. Adrenaline pumped through his body between each breath. Before he fell from his failed tackle, he had his hands out. Quick and smooth, he twisted in the air, allowing himself to propel his legs before returning them to the earth. As swift as he was, he noted the bounty was quicker. No names were given.

He didn't have all that info on the bounty. All he knew was the face, the amount, and the possibilities. That was enough for the mutt. Anybody low on cash should move in, but they didn't. They didn't see opportunity like I'nu had, and he was going to be better off because of it. Their lost was his gain.

"Whateva," I'nu slipped into his stance. Years of training in the Teras Kasi had given him an advantage in little bouts before, and so should be the same in this one. With a side step, and pull, his leg was in the air, kicking for the Togruta's face. Maybe a few tooth would go flying - hopefully that'd shut him up and get his credits.

Zenas Codrey
Jun 7th, 2009, 09:31:28 AM
The boy was trained, but so was Zenas, and Zenas had the Force. He caught I'nu's ankle and twisted, sliding to sweep the mutt's foot. He held I'nu's leg as I'nu landed on his back and grinned smugly.

"Did you just try to kick me in the face? Your hands are closer, should've used them!"

I'nu
Jun 10th, 2009, 04:35:24 PM
The ground came fast. Too fast. The bang went echoing through his shoulder, but no ache. Instead there was an instant throb that rolled through him like a day of work had went toppling on him. The momentum of his kick went jolting back at him in a way he didn't expect. Surprise wrote itself on his face. It was comfortable there. Wide eyes, thin eyebrows, long lashes and a mouth big enough to catch a few flies did their job to scribe the shock. But that wasn't all.

Something else came riding along from his pit of emotions. I'nu wasn't simply surprise. There was a readiness in those big eyes. Even as he came crumbling to the earth with Zenas quick move, thoughts weaved themselves behind I'nu's gaze swiftly. The mutt wasn't one to doubt himself either, so with little heed he pushed that throbbing arm from the ground and propelled his body off that hard ground.

He and the ground weren't friends, no need in trying to pretend. The only friend he had in this situation was his limbs, and those were going to be of use. Despite all the fault's his father had, there were a plenty of things he had taught him. Those skills came in handy in binds like this. So, with no adieu his suspended body twisted about and went flinging a strong-bolted, big, hardy, yet bony knuckled fist at Zenas cheek. Spinning about mid air was a bit of a trick he had learned in his days of training, but also was improvising. It would be good for throwing the man off, but also putting some more force in the slam.

Hopefully blocking would be hard...

Zenas Codrey
Jun 17th, 2009, 09:52:48 AM
Zenas leg go of the leg in time to realize he'd let go too late, and took the punch, letting it spin him around. He took control, letting his momentum move him to I'nu's side and slightly behind. More of Bespin's security was coming. Zenas decided he'd been held up too long. He did another long jump, landing on a taller rooftop than the last he'd visited. He made a mocking wave to the people on the ground before running off, sticking to the rooftops to get a faster path to travel. His jaw ached; clearly his little jab to the mutt had set some fire in him.

I'nu
Jun 18th, 2009, 05:44:44 PM
The feline eyes trailed the Togruta off to the heavens as he jumped. Anger boiled in each iris, holding tighter than a vice. However, he couldn't hold the stare long. He couldn't follow either. He was stuck, there between the oncoming traffic of Bespin security and an open road.

A failure.

The thought ran through his mind and unnerved his design. He couldn't hold any tighter to that grip than he had. He had to loosen up, at least his legs...so he could run. If the security got him he'd be heaved with a bunch of problems he didn't have to time to deal with.

He had to move...and he did.

His feet went beating across the ground like some one-man stampede. Second by second the wind blasted pass, casting his locks in a spiral and twist. Before long they trailed behind while he boomed ahead, going for the closest hiding spot possible. Soon, he'd be off planet...but for now - he just needed to worry about his safety.

To be continued...