PDA

View Full Version : 104th Battle Fleet, "Crimson Fleet"

Park Kraken
Feb 22nd, 2009, 10:54:13 PM
Modeled somewhat after High Admiral Teradoc's infamous fleet, this fleet is composed of the new VSD III's and IV's rolling off of the assembly lines at KDY and other manufacturers, fully refitted and ready to go. Flagship of this fleet however is a Dominator class Star Destroyer, basically an ISD II stripped of a few weapons, starfighters, and it's ground troops to make way for a few gravity well projectors.

Anywho, here is the Crimson Fleet:

104th Battle Fleet, Codename Crimson Fleet
1st Attack Line
Dominator Desecration
-4 TIE Interceptor Squadrons (48)
VSD III Courageous
VSD III Glorious
-4 TIE Fighter Squadrons (48)
VSD IV Furious

2nd Attack Line
VSD III Centurion
VSD III Decimator
VSD IV Ajax
VSD IV Achillies

3rd Attack Line
VSD III Argo
VSD III Virgo
VSD IV Mauler
VSD IV Tyrannus

4th Attack Line
VSD III Sidious
VSD III Bane
VSD IV Ulic
-4 TIE Bomber Squadrons (48)
VSD IV Kun
-4 TIE Bomber Squadrons (48)

Total Strength:
1xDSD
15xVSD (III and IV marks)
288 TIE Interceptors
384 TIE Fighters
96 TIE Bombers

I have big plans for this fleet, which goes something like this - With the approval of the Emporer, a lightning raid is launched to destroy the orbital shipyards over Mon Calamari, and maybe stir fry a few fish cities on the way out. I'm planning for Park to gain some valuable experience in dealing with larger fleet situations, and to also gain new appreciation for the threat the Rebellion poses.

A rather large battle ensues in which, although his objectives are achieved, Park loses 50% of the fleet in battle, including his flagship. But much of the Rebellion's defending fleet, particulary the capital ships, plus the shipyards and the vessels under construction are destroyed or heavily damaged.

Thoughts?

Captain Untouchable
Feb 22nd, 2009, 11:08:23 PM
Not sure that Mon Calamari is necessarily the best target for this kind of storyline. The planet is heavily defended, and no matter how powerful your new Victorys are, you've got fifteen of them against a force that's capable of standing toe-to-toe with much larger and better-gunned ships. Don't forget: Mon Calamari is effectively the Rebel "capital", and the Alliance has an entire fleet stationed there.

You might find that Sullust makes for a more appropriate target. Its further removed from the Alliance, and its still a relatively new acquisition so it's not likely to be as heavily fortified. There are still shipyards, so you can still blow some stuff that is in dock. O'course, there's still a fleet there, but it's likely to be not as heavily defended as Mon Cal is.

Tear
Feb 22nd, 2009, 11:23:37 PM
I thought Quenn said no to Krakens refitting ships at KDY? Or was the overall plan of the thread would be that he eventually said yes and the thread just wasn't finished?

Not harshing on anything I just enjoyed that thread. I was hoping to see more to it.

As for the attacking of Mon Calamari/Sullust I say go for it. Bring the rest of the Empires fleet with you;). The Empires not dead yet. Let the Rebel scum know we're still in charge.

Miranda Tarkin
Feb 23rd, 2009, 12:28:36 AM
Damn skippy

Park Kraken
Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:05:18 AM
I'm more in the mood for Fried Calamari, and some of my men prefered boiled squid. Not too many of them like, umm, burnt flog legs?, so Sullust is out.

However, my force could be the herald or decoy to draw the main alliance defense fleet away from Mon Calamari, just in time for the arrival of the main Imperial battlefleet. I might need a second Imperial fleeter to command the fleet though. The flagship will probably be the Super Star Destroyer Dominion.

EDIT: Sometime tomorrow I will be continuing the KDY thread. Just have to dig that sucker up and re-acquaint myself with it.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 23rd, 2009, 07:34:49 AM
:shakefist damnit leave Mon Calamari alone or we will kick the crap out of you

on a serious note: please don't do large-scale damage to the planet itself. As has been said, it is the Alliance capitol - we have a lot of stuff there, including the soon to be built Jedi Academy, and it would be pretty shitty from a storywise point of view if we were to lose that when it's only just beginning. Not that I am trying to harsh on your idea or say you can't do some damage.. just don't totally lay waste to the place, 'cause we kinda need it, you know? :\ Leave at least with some shipyards or semblance of a defense for the planet, otherwise it would be like the equivalent of us totally decimating the defense of Coruscant. Mon Calamari is supposed to be our stronghold and I know that the Alliance is supposed to be weeeak compared to the Empire, but.. it's our one base of strength. I think we'd put up a damn good fight, enough that you wouldn't just be able to walk all over us.

Miranda Tarkin
Feb 23rd, 2009, 09:33:15 AM
Wow I read this so wrong last night after work and totally was brain fried about the Rebellion's plan, which I knew about!

Is there anyway to compromise on this as Dasquian was asking? A lot of huge planning has come under way Rebellion/Jedi side and after years, the Jedi are finally having a central point of location. this might kinda ruin that, yeah :\

IC - Miranda could give a rat's ass of course and would authorize the mission.

Travis North
Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:39:25 AM
"Leave Mon Calarmari alone! LEAVE IT ALONE!"

I hate to throw a wrench in ye epic plans, but where the hell is the Alliance trying to sabotage this whole operation. Back in the day while Star Destroyers were in drydock the Rebels just rammed a blockade runner through the command towers. I guess since we killed all the big shots off the Rebels went all conservative. Serves them right to get trounced if no one makes any IC move.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:47:11 AM
Uh... what.

EDIT: I'm not a fleeter, so I wouldn't be involved in this anyway I guess.. but it would be nice if you posted this in a public forum, so that the actual Rebel fleeters could contribute and let you know how they would respond? Saying the Alliance isn't trying to stop the plan so deserve to get a beat down is well... stupid, cause - far as I can see - the plan hasn't been proposed to the Alliance *shrugs*

Miranda Tarkin
Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:54:17 AM
I second the what. I'm not understanding why bringing up a concern is a problem?

Kamvil Albrecht
Feb 23rd, 2009, 12:22:17 PM
OMGs! No classified. - Since when does that stop the Alliance from planning things and having a say in this forum. I don't necessarily know what goes in the Alliance private boards (I can access it via Demek), but I'm almost certain that three quarters+ of the Alliance (fleeters included) can see what's posted here.

That's not even the point I'm making. I'm saying all things considered, why aren't you as the Alliance suggesting any preemptive moves against said attack on Mon Cal. Instead everyone is trying to divert the engagement elsewhere.

As it is now it would be like me telling the person intent on giving me a beat down to kick me in the balls, as opposed to kicking me in the head, while I should be making a move to counter the kick wherever it intends to land and get some hits of my own in.

Tear
Feb 23rd, 2009, 12:36:34 PM
A buh? From what I read originally Kraken's main goal was to damage or destroy the shipyards. Additionally he planned to lose the overall battle, including 50% of his fleet and his flagship.

I don't think anyone was harboring the idea of obliterating Mon Cal, perhaps in our Imperial dreams, maybe. Hehe

From the way I see things Mon Cal is the shiny star of the Rebellion right now. Their home base. Its realistic for the Empire to try to snuff it out. BUT being things with the Empire are a little 'unsettled' from Miranda's take over its logical to assume their strength isn't wholly unified yet.

So realistically if Mon Cal wasn't destroyed it should at least be a war zone or constantly under seige. The Empire has numerical superiority and the cannon fodder to constantly toss at the rebels.

Does that mean it should be getting bombed from orbit? No..
Does that mean there will be Skirmishes occuring in orbit? Probably, at least a few times a week at the most or several times a month at the least.
Should there be a blockade of the major hyperspace lanes toward Mon Cal? Hell yes. If a planet is openly rebel there should be consequences.

It could be the Empires Passhendale (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Passchendaele). With various Moffs, Admirals, Departments attempting to win it for the Empresses favor.

As for anything built on the ground, ie, the Jedi Academy. Things shoudl remain relatively shiny. With the odd eruptions and explosions happening in the sky.

BUT as time goes on I would hope there could be some ground battles played out if the Empire successfully lands troops. This is a war after all. It should be a struggle and a Jedi academy with some blaster scarring will just add character.;)

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 23rd, 2009, 12:40:14 PM
I'm saying all things considered, why aren't you as the Alliance suggesting any preemptive moves against said attack on Mon Cal. Instead everyone is trying to divert the engagement elsewhere.

Because I'm not a fleeter, and I know that not all Rebel fleeters will be checking this forum on a regular basis (if they have the power to do so).

Why aren't you discussing this in a public forum, where the wide variety of people who would be affected by something like this could contribute? Maybe the Jedi want to have a say too.

Travis North
Feb 23rd, 2009, 12:58:28 PM
They do, do they? Well lets get a topic rolling for those who want to contribute. I would, but it's not my gig. *Looks to Park*

I was waiting for someone to mention Jedi involvement. It'll be just like the war with the separatists... continued. I may well create one just so I can write about lightsabers cutting down stormtroopers. (JKA anyone? I know people here own the game.)

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 23rd, 2009, 01:01:47 PM
Maybe, maybe not. I don't know - but since Mon Calamari is going to be their base planet too, I figure they might want to contribute to the discussion and take part in whatever storyline occurs.

You know, we are just having an Alliance meeting on Mon Cal at the minute. Maybe the Empire caught wind of that and attempt to blockade the planet, to stop all the Alliance bigwigs from escaping? That would give some nice continuity.

Travis North
Feb 23rd, 2009, 02:23:46 PM
You're sure you don't support the Empire? Or is this a ploy to catch some Imperials... :O Tricky.

Park Kraken
Feb 23rd, 2009, 03:48:52 PM
Whoa whoa whoa whoa.

Ok, first off, let me explain a few things -

#1: I brought this idea to the Imperial forums to see if they would approve of the operation, then move it to the public forums if it gets good feedback, which it has.

#2: Ok, Mon Calamari, being the alliance of the captial, would most certainly have planetery shields, which would protect anything from the atmosphere downwards. The orbital shipyards, battlestations, and fleet/commerce from atmosphere out into space and beyond would not be protected, and of those mentioned, my goal is to destroy the shipyards.

#3: This is not an invasion/occupation, but a mere hit and run style gurellia tactic, partially to throw the Rebellion's own tactics back in their face, and also to restore morale and prestige to the Empire.

#4: The original plan was to take 50% losses, but after the inclusion of more ships and larger fleets, I now have a secondary idea -

Kraken's force is the herald of a much larger fleet. He pushes hard and destroyes/damages the shipyards, but loses 50% of his fleet, including his flagship. The Rebel fleet pursues, but is ambushed by a much larger secondary Imperial fleet that mauls the Rebel fleet, before helping Kraken's force withdraw into hyperspace. I would say about 50% of the Rebel fleet units stationed at Mon Calamari are destroyed, with another 25% damaged.

Ok, pending approval of this extended plan by the Imperial top commanders, I'll C+P into a public Rebel forum to get ideas from the people there.

Yeart Quenn
Feb 23rd, 2009, 04:12:36 PM
This has my approval!!!

Oh wait, I'm not a top commander.

Why am I not a top commander?!? Telbun?!? Teeeeelbun! Why am I not a top commander? Get me someone high enough up the foodchain to make me a top commander, too!

Miranda -who? Uhhh... nevermind.....

*whistles*

Don't mind me....

*whistles some more*

Park Kraken
Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:41:23 PM
It can have your support, which would do something for Kuat's standings as a ship builder when the plan succeeds with heavy losses.

Miranda Tarkin
Feb 24th, 2009, 09:20:16 AM
woot <--- Approval ;)

Then Prak can talk it over with the Rebels/Jedi and go from there. I think since Dasq and I are not fleeters, we just wanted to make sure that this would be discussed with the opposition ^_^ Just the same as if the Rebels/Jedi were going to do something to us

(it is so weird being on both sides XD)

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 24th, 2009, 09:31:12 AM
So are you interested in having this whilst lots of the Alliance are on Mon Cal or not, just to clarify?

Travis North
Feb 24th, 2009, 09:55:59 AM
104th Battle Fleet - Approved.

Miranda Tarkin
Feb 24th, 2009, 11:56:44 AM
I got the lab mixed up with here ^_^ - regarding Rebels that have access

Tear
Feb 24th, 2009, 01:17:02 PM
It's a solid idea and I like it. Gives the Rebels a good punch to the nose.

Perhaps it could go like this?

1. Kraken takes his new fleet to Mon Cal. His goal is to damage or destroy the shipyards in orbit.

2. In the enusing battle he manages to damage or destroy the shipyards while losing 50% of his fleet and his flagship.

3. Meanwhile the Empire discovers that a meeting between high ranking Rebels is currently taking place on Mon Cal. So they gather a sizable force and head off to try to join Kraken before his attack. BUT are not able to get there in time.

4. Instead they find him limping away being pursued by the Rebels. To quote Kraken, the combined remnants of Park's fleet and the larger Imperial forces 'maul' the Rebels and they flee back to Mon Cal.

5. Each having bloodied each others noses are a little tentative to rejoin battle to instead a blockade is set up around Mon Cal and all adjoining hyperspace trade lanes. Like Dasquian added this is an attempt to prevent any rebels from leaving.

And thus the seige of Mon Cal can begin. A sort of gritty no side wants to stick their neck out for fear of it being shot off, stand off. The Empire lacks a sufficient force to crush Mon Cal outright and the force protecting Mon Cal isn't strong enough to engage the Imperials surrounding them.

A lot of neat things could come from this in a maintained thread. This could be an arena for alot of light skirmishes between patrolling vessels. IE: You squadron fighter pilots who want something to do but don't wish to do it in massive battles.

The area would be filled with wreckage and derelict vessels too crippled to continue and are abadoned. The Rebels could try to strike out to salvage these ships while the Empire tries to prevent it, in hopes of starving them out.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 24th, 2009, 01:19:58 PM
That sounds like a great idea, Tear... a great premise for a series of threads, even.

Tear
Feb 24th, 2009, 01:33:04 PM
Team effort was an amalgamation of ideas from everyone:D Also it gives Sanya a PR issue to spin.

Losing 50% of an attack fleet and a flagship could be considered a healthy loss of life. Several thousands maybe hundreds of thousands of deaths. But with the notion of surrounding the rebel "capitol" with all their leaders around it. It could be considered a victory too.

Captain Untouchable
Feb 24th, 2009, 01:47:14 PM
Are we pitching in Rebel thoughts on this here or not? I got confused by all the questions of whether Rebels had access. >_<

Park Kraken
Feb 24th, 2009, 11:03:35 PM
Each Vic is manned by a crew of about 7K, and the Dominator by a crew of about 35K, so if 50% losses were to occur, then casualties at the most would be around 84,000. Of course, the way I'm planning to lose the Dominator would have most of the crew escaping, including me, so I figure about 75,000 Imperial casualties, total.

I'll go and ahead and C+P a copy of the proposed thread to the Rebel public forums and see how it goes from there.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 25th, 2009, 04:57:28 AM
Alright. Try and keep all discussion in that public thread for now on then. :)