PDA

View Full Version : Tag-along Training

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 13th, 2009, 09:31:03 PM
So far Wei was having little luck figuring out where he should look next in his quest to find out why the Empire killed his family. He racked his brain on the history of the Jedi, but he couldn't think of much so far.

Because of that, Wei decided to take a break and divert his attention to something else. All that he had really, was Aramis. The boy was fresh-faced, and willing to try. So far being silent was difficult, but it was going to be important later.

So instead, in the quiet of one of the galaxy's more obscure liveable moons, the former Jedi Knight decided to train the boy in the Force. There were plenty of objects he had for teaching, so the first lesson would be telekinesis. The basic push/pull for starters, and then a few objects for fine manipulation depending on how well Aramis took to the lesson.

"Ready to get started?" He asked his pupil.

Aramis Rakai
Feb 14th, 2009, 09:26:02 PM
I was more than ready and nodded. "I am." I said as I sat up straighter. I had this deep feeling that this was where I was supposed to be. I had learned some while being with Wei to get the cubes, and now I was ready to learn more.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 14th, 2009, 09:35:30 PM
Wei looked at the small objects: A plate, a hydro-spanner, a small box, and a handful of bolts.

"Moving things with the Force," Wei started, "is a good means to reach something out of grasp that you cannot get to on your own. In combat, it can help you move your enemies away so you can regroup."

Wei paused as he tried to find a way to describe how it worked. "The way I have always done it," he said at last, "is to imagine the thing coming to me. When I was little," he continued, "the only thing I could move with the Force was a stuffed Rancor. I imagined he was real and so he followed me everywhere I went. So sometimes I imagine that the items I'm moving are real things and that they come to me on their own."

Wei chuckled. "I know it sounds silly, but it helps me to make the box slide over to me if I imagine that it does it on its own."

Aramis Rakai
Feb 14th, 2009, 09:46:11 PM
"So, if I try to picture it coming to me, it should help it do what I want..." I nodded slightly and looked at the bolts.

I closed my eyes and did what he said. Nothing happened.

"Okay, let me try that again." I stated and did it again. I pictured in my mind one of the bolts moving across the table.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 14th, 2009, 09:53:45 PM
Wei watched him a moment. "Hold out your hand. Sometimes it helps to make the idea more concrete."

Wei held out his hand and flexed his wrist. The hydrospanner jumped off the table and into his hand.

"Or imagine the object on the end of an invisible string that you pull to make the object come to you."

Aramis Rakai
Feb 14th, 2009, 10:09:11 PM
I was amazed at his own use of telekensis. I nodded and held out my hand and pictured my object in my mind tied to a string. I pulled it.

In the back of my mind, I heard a slight scraping sound. I pulled it again. There was the sound again. I smiled and took a deep breath.

This time I imagined I yanked the bolt that was tied to the string and a moment later, I got beamed in the shoulder. "What the..." I muttered and quickly opened my eyes to see the bolt on the floor.

I smiled. "Did I really do that?" I was astounded.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 14th, 2009, 10:16:11 PM
Wei nodded. "Yes you did. Now try again, but picture exactly where the object will go. Pick up the bolt from the floor."

Aramis Rakai
Feb 14th, 2009, 10:27:12 PM
I nodded and looked down at the bolt. I closed my eyes and pictured it there in my mind. I held my hand out and imagined it coming off the floor. This time around it felt somewhat different, I actually had to pick the weight of it up and it was much harder this time around.

I struggled this time, I really had to concentrate on the weight of the bolt and I felt my mind begin to bog down. I heard it hit the floor again.

I opened my eyes to see it back where it was on the floor and pursed my lips together in frustration. "This shouldn't be that hard."

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 14th, 2009, 10:31:19 PM
"You sure?" Wei asked. "This is the hardest element of Force mastery for me. It takes a great deal of concentration and effort for me to do this. It's a skill that demands a lot of abstract thought. Just remember, whatever you do. Whether you're pushing, pulling, moving up and down, or side to side, it all takes the same amount of effort. The only time it's different is when you decide it's different."

Aramis Rakai
Feb 15th, 2009, 03:00:42 PM
I nodded and closed my eyes yet again. It came up a little and fell and again and yet again.

By that time, I was really frustrated and kicked it across the room. "Ugh...what is with this? All those times when we were being chased and such I did as you said and it happened and we were under stress and now I can't even lift a simple bolt? What is wrong with me?" I didn't get it.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 16th, 2009, 06:33:53 PM
Wei raised a hand. "Calm down. This isn't like Force boosting. Force boosting comes naturally because it is direct and concrete. It deals with our bodies which are familiar objects."

The former Jedi retrieved the nut with the Force. "This is hard. We have to deal with things that are outside of us in an indirect and sometimes abstract fashion. People who master this skill can fly, transfer energy from two unconnected objects, and several other things. Dark Jedi can summon lightning and even fire with this skill."

He set the bolt back on the table. "If you get mad, take a few minutes to calm down. Breathe and be still. Now do it again."

Aramis Rakai
Feb 16th, 2009, 06:48:55 PM
I nodded and took a deep breath and blew it out. I can do this! I closed my eyes and concentrated, I felt the essence of the Force all around me. I allowed it to pass through me and relaxed. I felt at peace and raised my hand where the bolt lay.

Come to me...I thought deeply as I pictured it in my mind, I pictured myself picking it up and tossing it my direction.

Whack!! It hit me in the head and then clunked to the floor.

"Ow!" I said as I came out of my thoughts and rubbed the bump on my forehead. I looked at Wei and shook my head, "I guess, I also need to learn control." I had to laugh for just a second as I leaned down, picked up the bolt and placed it back on the table.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 16th, 2009, 06:52:46 PM
Wei nodded. "Power is nothing without control. Remember to think not only of moving the object, but the destination for that object. You want it to move. You need it to land in your hand."

He took the lightsaber off of his belt and tossed it in the air. Before it could land he summoned it back to him. "This is something I practiced a lot in the event that someone managed to disarm me. Some Jedi can throw their lightsabers and use the Force to make them return, but that requires precision since you want the hilt in your hand and not the blade."

"Make the bolt land in your palm."

Aramis Rakai
Feb 16th, 2009, 07:11:05 PM
I listened carefully to his words. I needed it to land in my palm, again I closed my eyes and allowed the Force to swirl around me. I pictured the bolt in my mind and this time, I pictured myself putting the bolt into my hand.

I felt it drop into my hand and opened my eyes. "I did it!" I exclaimed with a joyous yelp. "Yes!"

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 16th, 2009, 07:13:14 PM
Wei clapped the boy on his back. "Ok, now pick another object."

He motioned to the hydrospanner. "Take this hydrospanner into your other hand."

Aramis Rakai
Feb 16th, 2009, 07:38:51 PM
My joy was short-lived as I looked at the hydrospanner, an object I had used quite a bit while being a mechanic. I nodded as I thought about this moving thing, it could be quite useful while fixing things.

I got the thought out of my head and took in another deep breath.

You can do this, Aramis...

There was that voice again and looked around. I took it as being part of my subconsciousness and went on. I did not want to feel over-confident, so I took my time...and I didn't want to be pierced through the skull either.

I forced my eyes closed and relaxed. The Force once again swirled around me and I found myself wanting to get lost in the feeling, it almost felt like a strange high. I cleared my mind and formed my picture.

The sharp edge was pointed towards me and so I gently turned it away and lifted my hand to catch the object. I saw it in my minds eye being lifted and slowly brought my way.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 17th, 2009, 06:28:22 PM
Wei watched with interest. Aramis was learning patience. Even if he failed, the fact that he was slowing down and taking his time was great progress. The real clincher would be if he succeeded. Or at least, if he failed, he took it in stride.

The former Jedi knight said nothing. He didn't want to break his pupil's concentration.

Aramis Rakai
Feb 17th, 2009, 07:22:04 PM
My concentration began to falter, just a bit. I felt it and I saw the hydrospanner waiver a little. I tensed as I felt a bead of sweat roll down the side of my face.

Easy...breathe...

I slowed my breathing again and relaxed, the hydrospanner remained floating in my mind not far from me. I took my attention to it again and eased it forward. It was not far from my hand...and I smiled.

I eased it forward again and felt more sweat roll down my face, it was getting more exhausting by the moment. It seemed as if every centimeter I pulled it to me, the more exhausted I got. It was so close...but, I lost contact and hit my knees and heard the hydrospanner clang to the floor.

I was out of breath...and swallowed hard.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 17th, 2009, 07:29:44 PM
Wei raised an eyebrow. "Had a hard time with that one?"

Clearly Aramis was having trouble with the telekinetic ability. Not much more trouble than Wei had, but certainly it was an issue.

"Take a break for a while and come back to it later. Have you spent your 5 minutes of total silence today?"

Aramis Rakai
Feb 17th, 2009, 07:35:21 PM
"Wow, that was hard..." I winced with a deep breath. "I'll keep practicing on that."

I winced again, after he reminded me of the total silence thing. "Ummm, no."

I turned to a sitting position and sighed. "I'll get right to it." I knew deep down that this was important part of being a Jedi and I would do whatever he wanted me to do.

I tucked my hair behind my pointed ears and got comfortable. "You will tell me when my five minutes are up?" I asked as I closed one eye.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 17th, 2009, 07:44:14 PM
"Always."

Wei produced his chrono, looked at it to check the time, then set an alarm for 5 minutes. He had that chrono forever. Even though it never gave the right time anymore, it was one of the remaining memories he had of his wife. It was custom made too, so that the alarm would wake him with her voice. Sometimes he'd set the alarm just to listen to it.

Aramis Rakai
Feb 17th, 2009, 07:52:12 PM
I nodded and closed my other eye. I prayed not to fall asleep this time.

I sat with my knees bent in front of me and leaned against the wall. I began to think about things, my life, my mom, my new training. I thought about the rigors I had already accomplished with Wei, calling the rats to our aid and such.

It was a strange thing to be able to talk with animals, a trait from my mother and it was really strange being in her ship and feeling a strange bond to the ship. It was almost like walking in her shadow at times and I wondered what she looked like. Did I look like her?

While I was in my silent state, I thought of how she might look and act. It made me wish I had known her...but, I hadn't.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 17th, 2009, 08:02:26 PM
Wei laid on the floor and placed his hands behind his head. He used to lay on the floor like this at random throughout the Jedi temple on Coruscant. He liked feeling the different textures of the floor in his skin. Different woods, duracrete, durasteel. He made the mistake of laying down on a floor made of a particular tree from Kashyyyk once. He had hives for five days after.

After his escape from the Jedi Temple during the purge he would find himself laying on the floor on in the grass with his wife. Charissa was such a sweetheart. Even during her pregnancy she'd find a way to lay down on the floor next to him when he would let his mind wander to far away places and things from before.

She always smelled so nice.

It seemed like hardly any time had passed at all when he heard, "It's time to go, my love."

He paused to make sure he wasn't dreaming. A second later the statement repeated itself. Wei grabbed his chrono and looked at it. Surely it was five minutes later.

"Aramis, your time is up."

Aramis Rakai
Feb 17th, 2009, 08:07:55 PM
I opened my eyes and noticed that my chin was resting against my chest. But, I had managed not to fall asleep this time.

"That wasn't so bad, Mas..." I stopped in mid-sentence knowing he did not like being called that. "Wei." I finished a moment later.

I stood up and stretched my limbs. "Now what?"

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 17th, 2009, 08:15:05 PM
"You pick up the hydrospanner again," he replied.

"I picked these objects because I figured they'd be familiar to you. If it helps, think of the hydrospanner as part of you. Use the Force the way your brain uses nerves to convey a message. Your brain sends the command for your hand to move by your nerves. Command the hydrospanner to come to you via the Force."

Aramis Rakai
Feb 17th, 2009, 09:12:33 PM
I nodded to what he said and closed my eyes. Picturing the hydrospanner in my mind, I focused on it as I lifted my hand.

I was determined this time. I relaxed in the Force as if it were cool waters moving over me.

The hydrospanner is part of me, come to me...

I kept this thought in my mind and this time imagined it as being part of my arm. It moved closer and closer.

I'm not sure how long it took, but it finally dropped into my hand and I gripped it. I blew out a breath that I didn't know I had been holding and opened my eyes.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 17th, 2009, 09:20:12 PM
Wei smiled. "That's it. Remember, one of the big differences between Jedi and Sith is how we connect with the Force. As a Jedi, you want to lose yourself in it. The idea is to become one with the will of the Force. Sith bend the Force to their will."

Wei pulled the box to him. "When we make these actions with the Force, we do it naturally. We melt into the Force and allow it to become part of us and part of our psyche. Then the Force flows naturally from us."

Wei pushed the box back to its original position. "Find a way to expand yourself into the Force. It can be anything. A thought, a posture."

Wei snapped on his lightsaber. "It an even be a clear, steady sound."

He let the saber hum in the still air for a moment. "One of the reasons I have become so good at lightsaber combat is that for me, the hum of the saber blade is my connection to the Force. I hear that sound and it fills my ears and my conscious mind. It fills in all the gaps and spaces around me and my mind expands with the sound."

He turned the saber back off. "Practice some more with these objects. When you have had enough, your last task will be to put these items back in the box."

Aramis Rakai
Feb 18th, 2009, 08:20:14 PM
"Very well." I said as I placed the hydro spanner once again on the table. I practiced the use of this telekinesis until my mind was exhausted, but I had left enough energy within me to place most of the items back into the tool box.

The last item fell with a clang and I blew out an exhausted breath and leaned against the table. "I think my brain is sludge."

I rested for a few, then looked at my mentor as my stomach growled. "Care if we go get a bite to eat? I'm starving."

Zenas Codrey
Feb 21st, 2009, 07:43:55 PM
For the love of his mother, not Storinal. He'd already been to Storinal once, a stay that'd lasted months. His local authority wanted posters were STILL up on some walls, though he hadn't been there for many months since his departure. Luckily it seemed nobody had recognized him yet.

He checked his appearance in the reflective surface of a water puddle. He didn't look that much different. He'd finally given in and decided to wear a shirt, and had at last replaced the grungy pants and boots that he'd been wearing during his fight on Kessel, when they sustained heavy burn damage. He looked up and put a waterproof black boot into the puddle as he continued on down the street.

Zenas had, so far, been entirely unlucky in his search for his mother. What's worse, the Inquisitor Atrapes had put out a bounty on his head. Zenas hadn't seen the notices in person, but he'd already had a few scuffles with minor-league bounty hunters trying to make a name for themselves. In fact, the increasing number of attacks had made him almost paranoid of interference in his search. In fact, he was sure these two guys behind him were also bounty hunters, intent on "bringing him in" or "taking him out" or whatever ridiculous phrase was their favorite for threatening targets.

He casually glanced back over his shoulder. A braided man and a boy with long hair. They didn't seem to be carrying weapons, but they were having a hushed conversation about something. He was sure it was him. He knew it had to be.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 22nd, 2009, 09:24:52 PM
Wei and Aramis stepped out of their ship and into the busy streets of Storinal on "pleasure" when asked by the man scanning IDs. Wei asked where there was a good place to grab some food and an even better place to get a drink. The guard helpfully answered the questions and the two set out looking for once place: the Song Swan.

The pair talked as they walked, noting people, places, things. Wei's voice got lower when he spotted Zenas. "One of the great Jedi Masters, Shaak Ti was a Togrutan," he said. "She fought bravely during the Clone Wars but was gunned down by her own troops when the Emperor issued Order 66."

He spoke in low tones because any mention of Jedi was sure to cause an investigation.

Aramis Rakai
Feb 23rd, 2009, 10:33:58 AM
"I could not even imagine that time." I said quietly. My own mother had lived it, Wei had lived it and both had been severely injured, mentally and physically.

I did not know at this point the way my mother had died and part of me did not want to know. I was here and I was alive, so far. Though, not long ago I had wondered if death was better than what I had gone through.

"The Togrutan seem as an interesting race as the Inleshat." I said. "I've never known any."

Zenas Codrey
Feb 23rd, 2009, 02:17:00 PM
Zenas caught only small parts of the conversation. Togrutan, gun, Emperor, issue, Togrutan, and some word that he was sure was an insult. Bounty hunters for das't sure. Well, now, he wasn't going to have another sneak attack. He spun, drawing his lightsaber from where he'd hidden it on his person, activating it as he bore down on Wei and Aramis.

"Think you're going to take an easy bounty!? Well you thought wrong! I'll kill you before you get the chance! You're not making one filthy cred off me!"

He wanted an early end, preferably one that took place before the fight started. He swung horizontal, ready to cleave them both in half across their navels.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 23rd, 2009, 07:27:42 PM
Wei was glad to see he was not as rusty as he thought. The saber at his waist flew out from under his shirt and snapped on just in time for him to reach across Aramis and stop the red blade.

"No bounty hunters here," Wei said. "Just giving a history lesson about a Togrutan Jedi named Shaak Ti."

The Jedi Knight moved closer to put himself between Aramis and Zenas and took a deep breath. It had been a long time since his last drink and alcoholism was starting to kick in. He needed a drink, but he needed to focus more. He listened to the lightsabers, trying to get lost in the sound.

"Aramis, be careful. Look out for Imperials, they'll probably be here shortly."

The crowd meanwhile was not sure if this was an act or if it was real. "Just stay on your toes!" he commanded.

Aramis Rakai
Feb 23rd, 2009, 07:50:53 PM
The blade came out of nowhere and I was not ready for it, had Wei not been there I would have been in two pieces. I could not let this man down, I would do anything to protect him as he did me.

"About that time is right, Sir." I stated as a matter-of-factly. My first thought was to maybe divert them, they were on their way and I could see my dinner going the other way.

I went backwards as the multitude of people around me screamed and shoved each other out of the way, taking me with them.

I was nearly trampled as I saw the Imperials coming closer! I willed myself into the Force and called upon every animal within a mile distance.

Help me, my friends!

Birds of all kinds came swooping and swarming, rats crawled from the gutters and ran towards our enemies. Several of the stormtroopers were beamed in the head by birds and tripped by rats.

I looked back towards Wei. "I gave us a few seconds more! But, we won't be able to hold them for long!" I called as I kept my mind in tune with these animals.

Zenas Codrey
Feb 25th, 2009, 02:18:42 PM
"You slime always lie," Zenas retorted to Wei. He hadn't noticed any advancing Imperial presence yet. Given that the younger man had fled, Zenas considered him to no longer be a threat. He smashed his lightsaber against Wei's, trying to drive the Jedi's own weapon into his body. "You may have a lightsaber, bounty hunter, but don't think that it'll help you."

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 25th, 2009, 09:16:14 PM
Wei set his jaw and bucked Zenas back with a well placed shove. Wei had the Force flowing through him, that much he could tell, but the crowd and all the noise was blocking him out. He wasn't wuite there.

"Not a bounty hunter. Just a guy. I just want some food and several drinks."

Aramis Rakai
Feb 26th, 2009, 09:46:18 AM
I stood not far behind Wei as he tried to talk to this guy, but it didn't seem to be working.

I wasn't about to get near him, he had a lightsabre and could use it. "Bud, come on! Do I look like a bounty hunter?"

Through my animal friends, I could feel that they were losing their battle.

"Imperials are not far..." I told Wei, worried that if we were caught this time it would be instant death and I was not quite ready for that.

Zenas Codrey
Feb 26th, 2009, 10:06:32 AM
"Paid with my bounty, no doubt," Zenas hissed under his breath at Wei, regaining his balance and meeting Wei's next attack with a smooth parry. The other, the boy, Zenas managed to note as he and his opponent rotated around each other with sabers in a lock, was so blatantly a bounty hunter with skills for deception that Zenas could hardly believe he had dismissed his threat earlier. He shifted so as to keep Wei between himself and Aramis. Zenas was sure this "anxiety" over Imperial presence was a ruse to help them overtake him with a sneak attack from Aramis.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 26th, 2009, 07:39:10 PM
Wei wasn't going to dignify the last accusation with a response. But he was starting to figure the Togrutan out. Form V--Shien. The huge, heavy handed hacking motions and sharp blocking maneuvers gave him away pretty quickly.

Wei had to be careful. His standard Form III wouldn't get him very far until the humanoid tired out and it might be a while until then. He'd have to answer him blow for blow.

Wei drew back and offered a large twohanded overhead chop.

Aramis Rakai
Feb 27th, 2009, 09:24:21 PM
I bit my lip and jumped back as Wei swung. This guy was going to be the end of us all. I turned and looked further down the street, I could begin to see white helmets coming through the crowds.

Zenas Codrey
Feb 28th, 2009, 01:25:51 PM
Zenas brutally hammered Wei's lightsaber to the side and stepped in, spinning to put some extra kinetic energy into diagonal attack, swinging low to high. This, he thought, is how to work Form V. Shien, Djem So...whichever version you wanted, Form V was all about pressure, and Zenas would be happy to show them both what the word meant.

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 28th, 2009, 09:07:52 PM
Wei dodged around, using the spin of the maneuver to generate power for a power swing that started from his toes. Wei always considered Form V to be more of a bludgeoning form that a person might use better if they had some sort of hammer or mace.

"Aramis, disarm any stormtroopers that get too close!"

Aramis Rakai
Feb 28th, 2009, 09:47:26 PM
"Yes, Sir!" I called as I went towards the group that was hastily on their way about a half of a block down. I stood over by the side as they got closer.

This would be hard since I had just finished working on the telekinesis not very long ago. I closed my eyes and concentrated on the Force, allowing it to swirl through my mind and my body. I pictured the stormtroopers as they got closer, I saw their blasters and rose my hand towards them. In my mind, I coaxed their weapons with the Force, their were five troopers coming our way. I took a deep relaxing breath and with a raise of my hand quickly drew the weapon's from their grasps and threw them across the street.

I heard them clatter down some stairs that led to a fountain. I smiled as these Stormtroopers stood in anger and pointed in my direction. They did not stop there, they saw where I had thrown their weapons and while two went to retrieve them, the other three came my way. One was getting ready to talk on his radio.

I had no time to pay much attention to Wei. I had my own job to do. I could not allow that trooper time to discuss the situation with more of his friends, so I touched the Force again and tossed the radio into the fountain.

I noticed the other two Stormtroopers making their way towards their weapons across the street, the three that were slowly coming towards me were trying to distract me, not happening.

I was getting tired and my mind was not strong enough to keep moving those weapons out of reach. So, I took another deep breath and tapped into the Force and focused my attention on those weapons and finally tossed them into the fountain as well. The water would keep them from firing, allowing us much needed time.

I turned back to the three Stormtroopers that were nearly on me, my brain was too tired to try to push them back, so my only other alternative was to spook them. I grasped my mother's lightsabre in my jacket pocket, flicked it on and started swinging.

Zenas Codrey
Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:25:55 PM
Zenas swayed out of the path of the saber, coming back up to headbutt Wei. To his left, the trooper gear splashed heavily into the fountain, and a stream of unnatural light caught his eye. Another lightsaber user? And this one striking in such a way that he might as well be waving a flag. A thought struck Zenas.

"What, bounty hunter? Haven't had time to teach the whelp how to control a lightsaber?" Their blades clashed again, crackling and hissing. His face made a half-smile, mocking, menacing, as continued his jeering. "Shall I teach the boy? You're not much of a duelist yourself!"

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 3rd, 2009, 09:06:55 PM
Wei took the headbutt, but shook out the cobwebs in time to lock blades with the Togrutan.

"You haven't seen anything yet," Wei said.

The former Jedi focused all of his power into one vicious kick aimed at Zenas' middle. He shoved back with his lightsaber and followed up with one staccato vertical swing.

Aramis Rakai
Mar 3rd, 2009, 09:54:41 PM
Just as I had hoped the three of them scattered as I launched my own attack on the Storm Troopers. I had no idea what I was doing, but they did not know that and that gave me a bit of an advantage.

I swung again and again and finally was able to push them all out into the street. If one got close, I swung the sabre his way and he backed off. It was about that time that I noticed the other two coming up on my right. I swung at them.

Use the Force, Aramis. Center yourself and let it guide you...

There was that voice again! I struggled for a few moments as the Storm troopers surrounded me.

"Give it up, boy!" One of them said.

"Never!" I said as I allowed the Force to surround me as well. I felt it go through me and swirl about me, making everything go in slow motion. It was the strangest thing.

Just as one of the stormtroopers came up behind me as the others taunted me and attempted to distract me, I heard that voice again!

Behind you, turn and swing down!

I did what the voice told me and cleaved the stormtroopers arm off at the elbow. He screamed in pain as the others backed away.

I suddenly felt a strange sense of power over them and took a step towards them.

No, Aramis! Defend, never attack! Be at peace!

I let the feeling go as another stormtrooper guided the injured away.

"Aughghhh!!" I yelled at the others as they backed off.

"This isn't over, Jedi!" Another called. "More will come!"

"It is for now!" I yelled back.

"We have your picture...we'll find you again!"

I did not like the sound of that as the crowd of onlookers began to gather. I flicked off the sabre, for the time being and watched for any more stormtroopers.

Wei, we need to get out of here!

Zenas Codrey
Mar 4th, 2009, 02:13:46 PM
Zenas let his breath out to keep the kick from winding him, pushing back on Wei's lightsaber and then stepping back two full strides more to avoid the overhead chop. The battle was moving steadily towards Aramis, and Zenas soon found himself within striking distance of both Knight and Padawan.

"Don't put your weapon away!" he taunted, meeting Wei's next string of blows with attacks of his own. "Bounty Hunter, let me show you how it's done!" He turned as his blade bounced back from Wei's, sliding around to put both Jedi in his field of vision, striking upward from a slight crouch at Aramis.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 4th, 2009, 09:07:15 PM
Wei turned, stabbing through the air between Aramis and Zenas, angling the Darksider's blade away just enough to miss. "This is our fight! Leave the kid out of it!"

Wei hacked at Zenas with an upward angle and threw a punch with his right hand.

"You want to talk about how it's done? You don't know the first thing about this!"

Wei swung the saber again like a bat and followed through with a sharp thrust at Zenas' neck.

Aramis Rakai
Mar 5th, 2009, 02:46:37 PM
Something deep within me told me to jump out of the way and I did just in the nick of time. Wei stopped the near slice into my back.

I once again, got out of the way and looked back to see if more stormtroopers were headed our way. There weren't any around as I searched the street.

Something was not right. I could not see them just leaving and not trying something else.

Zenas Codrey
Mar 11th, 2009, 01:10:43 PM
"I know that you don't know Form V!"

Zenas stopped the swing and smacked Wei's thrust into the durracrete. He turned and snapped a kick into a parked speeder, which barreled end over end towards Aramis, going far above the boy's head. Zenas sneered at the error, but hoped it would buy him some time to duel Wei into the ground, as the elder Jedi refused to allow him to simply divest the boy of head. With this completed, he turned back to Wei.

"Where were we? Yes, a lecture! A lecture for ignorant bounty-hunting nerfs!" He stepped with every swing, building enough kinetic energy in each stroke of the lightsaber to make it heavy against Wei's blade. "Form V is pressure! And you're doing it wrong!" He stepped and struck, stepped and struck, driving Wei about. "What are these small movements!? You've got the proper speed, but you're lacking in FORCE!" Zenas beat Wei's saber aside and threw a punch at the human's sternum. "Stop this ridiculous Shien swatting! You missed your opportunity for that when the Stormtroopers ran off!"

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 11th, 2009, 05:05:00 PM
The former Jedi twisted his body to soften the blow of Zenas' fist. Wei bit back the urge to feel angry and retaliate in kind. He was losing his focus. His body was screaming for a drink. He needed to find a bar, and fast!

"Then show me if you can catch me!"

Wei scrambled off into the crowd, looking for anything to sate his addiction to alcohol.

Aramis Rakai
Mar 12th, 2009, 05:30:08 PM
My eyes widened for a second as I saw the speeder careen my way, luckily for me...it went over my head.

Aramis, into the alley! Quick!

I ducked into the alleyway as people began to scatter again with the out of control speeder. I looked back for a second and saw Wei take off.

I frowned and ran along the alleyway to back street, less people were around now and I was glad.

Zenas Codrey
Mar 24th, 2009, 11:18:49 AM
Zenas moved beings with fists, elbows, shoulders, and lightsaber, bearing down on the old Jedi swiftly and surely. He stepped to Wei's left, bringing his lightsaber around in an arc. He managed to stop it, and Zenas noticed something wrong with the sound of his opponent's lightsaber.

"Your hands are shaking!" he mocked, mistaking alcohol withdrawal for fear. "Little wonder then that you can't perform this properly!" The fight moved about the broad street, stumbling into a shop with large windows. As Wei evaded Zenas, the darksider's blade struck those windows, blowing the glass out into the street. The beings that hadn't managed to clear the area yet cowered from the approaching shards as Zenas chased his quarry.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 24th, 2009, 06:45:12 PM
The shaking was getting worse. He needed a drink. He raise an arm to shield his face from the glass and noticed that the inside of the shop was a small shop that sold spirits.

Wei jumped through the broken window and grabbed the first bottle on the display shelf. He opened it feverishly, brought the bottle to his lips and took one long pull. It was sweet, but not terribly strong. There was no burn to it as it went down his throat, but it still warmed his belly just fine. Wei decided to find something stronger. He focused on keeping out of reach of the Togrutan as he polished off the bottle.

Aramis Rakai
Apr 7th, 2009, 06:02:22 PM
I quickly made my way through the darkened alley and to a different street, a less crowded one. I looked back to make sure that no one was following me and so far I was good. I had no clue where Wei disappeared off too, but that was alright.

I walked along and pulled my jacket closer. My stomach growled as I pursed my lips together and looked once again behind me...nothing. I relaxed a bit as I came up to an old looking pub and Inn.

I walked in slowly, it smelled between a mixture of smoke and alcohol. The group of regulars looked at me as I strode in, I nodded nonchalantly and took a seat in the rear. I picked up a menu and peeked over the top, everyone had gone back to their drinks, so I relaxed again.

"What can I getcha?" a female voice asked as I jumped. She giggled and apologized.

I blew out a breath and felt my face get hot. "I would like the biggest cheeseburger you have, with everything and a side of large fries." I told her.

"Got it and to drink?"

"A margarita on the rocks, no salt."

"Got it." She answered and scampered off.

Wei, where are you?

Zenas Codrey
Apr 8th, 2009, 08:10:53 AM
The boy's thoughts were answered as a piece of a swoop bike smashed in through the front wall, followed shortly by Zenas and Wei. The Togruta was pressing his offensive, but Wei was steadily holding his ground. Zenas had hit his full stride, his red blade little more than a bloody stream of light, casting a deadly shadow on the scattering patrons. He stepped boldly, maneuvering his opponent, driving the human man towards the bar.

The darksider noticed Aramis as Wei pivoted to deflect energy from a vicious blow. The sight of him seated in the back drew Zenas's ire, and a hail of splintered furniture volleyed itself at the padawan as the combatants approached the long counter.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 8th, 2009, 08:12:54 PM
Wei crashed into the bar behind Zenas with a big bottle of Corellian brandy. He took a big gulp and felt the burn in his throat. That was what he wanted. That was what he needed.

He felt steadier and stronger as the alcohol eased his nerves. He swung hard with one hand. The booze loosened him up and made him lose his inhibitions. He relaxed and found himself touching the Force like he couldn't before.

He clobbered away at the Togrutan.

Aramis Rakai
Apr 19th, 2009, 02:48:22 PM
I threw myself out of the booth I was in as the swoop came crashing in. I heard people scream and watched them scatter like cockroaches as I barely had time to recover as the Togrutan noticed me. I grimaced deeply as I shook my head to get my thoughts together, but time was really not on my side today.

Time? What time? A strewn of splintered furniture was headed my direction within seconds after the wall came crashing in and Wei was fighting this crazy dude.

I did not even have time to jump up, or feel any fear for the predicament I was in, instead I felt the Force kick in. It came over me like a shield and there I lay under this mass of furniture that should have crushed me, but it was not even touching me. I could hear the combatants beyond crashing and clashing sabre's as I looked down at my feet, the little light that was coming in showed me that I had some kind of invisible cocoon around me keeping me safe.

This gave me a chance to collect myself and I breathed deeply to get a grip of what was going on. I envisioned all this furniture coming into my grasp, as if it were light as feathers and I could easily lift it up.

It began to move as I moved, it was moving in one huge chunk as I lifted it over my head and got to my knees. I could now see what was going on and decided that it was time for me to throw something into this mass of confusion and to give Wei a hand.

The ceiling was not high enough to take this mass over my head and throw, So, I gave it a wild push towards the Togrutan and threw it back his way, but as I did so...I let the individual peices scatter, but commanded them to go directly towards him like a magnet.

Zenas Codrey
Apr 22nd, 2009, 08:53:20 AM
Zenas suddenly felt a buoyant power inside the older human as he held his saber horizontally to stop a blow. They locked sabers for only the briefest of moments, but Zenas could hear a difference in the crackling hum. The man's hands had stopped shaking. He was so intent upon Wei, determined to renew his efforts, that Aramis's attack nearly went unimpeded. Zenas went completely flat against the floor, taking the debris as a series of grazes and cuts along his back. He rolled and rose to his feet, but the Padawan's sudden interference had destroyed his rhythm.

Wei Wu Wei
Apr 22nd, 2009, 06:08:09 PM
Wei took another big gulp straight from the bottle. He saw Aramis heave the debris and liked the idea.

Throw more at once! He told the boy telepathically.

Wei turned and pounded down on Zenas with stronger blows. There was not much to keep his focus distracted. There was just the fire in his belly, the hum of the lightsaber, and a clear mind.

Aramis Rakai
Apr 24th, 2009, 09:04:52 PM
Debris from the intense entrance was everywhere. It didn't take much for me to wisk more at this mortal enemy, though I had already used up much of my telekinetic ability and it was starting to wear on me.

There were several booths thrown about and with a deep breath and some deep concentration, I began to whirl within the Force. I raised a hand and imagined one, two, no three of them connecting with me and began hurling them in our enemy's direction.

It was about that time, my sensitive Inleshat ears picked up on a new sound. Sirens! I resisted a deep groan and knew that the Imperials were once again on their way.

I tried not to let this interfere with my focus and began throwing smaller items, stools, napkin holders, a hat rack...anything that I could get my mind gripped around.

Zenas Codrey
Apr 27th, 2009, 08:42:00 AM
Zenas stumbled, his feet tangling and confusing his rhythm. His defense crumbled as Wei mightily slammed the Togruta's lightsaber aside, and for a moment Zenas stood defenseless. The Force screamed at him of the Jedi's threat; his montrals cried of multiple attacks from behind and to the side. There was no choice. No fighting back, no turning the tables. The second he felt both his feet contact the floor, Zenas ran out the window he'd destroyed, peppered from behind by shards of metal and glass, feeling the heat of the lightsaber as it sliced so close to him that his back of his shirt burned away completely. Zenas threw the rag aside aside as he entered an alley across the street.

Wei Wu Wei
May 1st, 2009, 06:16:50 PM
Wei smiled and shuffled his feet under him. He was trying not to make any sudden moves and his face felt very red and hot from the alcohol.

"Man, that was wierd. And this place is a mess."

Wei began shifting things around and finding the salvage. His eyes were shut and he wobbled, but somehow his fingers kept moving through the air in a half knitting, half piano playing motion that seemed to provoke some unseen energy to sort out the tables and chairs and clear away the debris.

He nearly fell over, causing the furniture to stop its shuffle. He was apparently oblivious to the sirens. "Where's my money? I got to pay for the booze."

Aramis Rakai
May 1st, 2009, 08:08:36 PM
I hurried over to Wei and threw some credits on the bar. "No need, we really need to go...Imperials are on their way." I nodded as I looked quickly towards the kitchen. "We should go that way."

Wei Wu Wei
May 4th, 2009, 07:24:06 PM
"Huh?"

Wei didn't understand at all. Maybe it was that he was drunk. Maybe it was that the Force was making him aware of the minutia of life all around him. A gnat. The bartender's racing heartbeat. It was like sensors ran from his head outward around him in a spherical network, picking up everything as it broadened.

The the stormtroopers entered the net and Wei was made aware of them. Stormtroopers. Faceless, nameless. They killed his family. Father. Wife. Child. All dead. He could take them. They were, after all, only stormtroopers.

Suddenly things turned dark in him. He could take them all. He drew his saber again.

Aramis Rakai
May 11th, 2009, 06:07:19 PM
Were we really going to stay here and fight? "Wei, I don't know if I can do this..." I was somewhat worried. My mind was too tired, I couldn't throw something if I tried. My feelings within the Force were worn.

Wei Wu Wei
May 14th, 2009, 08:24:04 PM
The lattice suddenly pinched in the middle and reached him, then rushed into him. All he was aware of was his feelings. His pain. His sadness. His anger. It swirled inside him. It lashed here and there in his gut, waiting to destroy, waiting for a focus, waiting to make someone suffer for what he lost.

They would pay. They would lose like he lost.

Wait, what? That wasn't right. He was looking to give his family's death a meaning. He was trying to find out why they died and then carry on whatever it was his father was up to. They died--apparently--for him. He was looking for something to restore the Jedi. Something his father was looking for and something his wife and child died for. Right?

So why was he about to kill a bunch of soldiers who probably weren't even there when it happened?

"If I hurt one, I hurt all, and if I hurt all, I hurt myself."

The hum. He needed to hear the lightsaber's hum. He needed to fix on it and drain out his self so that he could be filled again with the Force. That was what Jedi did. He was a Jedi. Right? He could do this.

"Aramis, let's go." He turned off his lightsaber and headed out through the back of the kitchen.

Aramis Rakai
May 28th, 2009, 08:49:38 PM
I breathed a sigh of relief as Wei decided to head out, I was right at his heels. "So, where are we off to now?" I asked as we entered a back alley.

Wei Wu Wei
May 30th, 2009, 09:16:23 PM
"We go back to the ship. Split up. I don't think they're onto you, but the lightsaber is a dead giveaway. Just lay low and you should be able to handle getting back no problem."

Wei ducked into the alley from the back door of the establishment and looked to either side. The alley was blocked on one end by a tall fence. The other spilled into the street.

"Which way you going?" he asked the younger man.

Aramis Rakai
Jun 16th, 2009, 05:10:03 PM
I looked both ways and sighed. "I'll take the street, its best that you stay way out of sight." I said as I tucked my sabre deeper into my jacket pocket.

"I'll meet you back at the ship." I began walking towards the street.

Wei Wu Wei
Jun 16th, 2009, 07:35:29 PM
Wei turned as soon as the Padawan left. Padawan? Really? That was the word, but Wei had so far managed to consider Aramis nothing more than a tag-along. What was going on? Was he losing focus? Why was he so mad just then?

He needed a drink. He needed to drink. He needed to drink a lot. There was no way around it, so he walked down the alleyways to find somewhere, anywhere that served alcohol. Then he needed to talk to someone.

Aramis Rakai
Jun 17th, 2009, 06:07:59 AM
I kept to the street and walked amongst the tourists, I even bought a funny looking touristy hat and plastic cup...oh, and a burger with everything, a hotdog, cheese fries and a chocolate shake. I was hungry. I inhaled it as I made my way through the crowds.