PDA

View Full Version : My phone now sounds like a lightsaber...

Nya Halcyon
Feb 6th, 2009, 05:55:43 PM
http://www.spike.com/blog/iphone-lightsaber/66732

Yeah.... I tried it out, just for shits and giggles. You can chose from different Jedi's sabers.

Pointless but funny. Scared a kid in the tram with it... LOL.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 6th, 2009, 06:02:54 PM
I was just thinking how much I wanted an iPhone.

Now I want it even more :|

Droo
Feb 6th, 2009, 06:05:29 PM
I get mine Monday. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 6th, 2009, 06:07:51 PM
You must tell me if it was worth it.

...What kind of deals can you get on them in the UK? Are they network specific? I don't really understand much about mobile phones.

Droo
Feb 6th, 2009, 06:17:21 PM
Well, as far as I know O2 are the only network currently with iPhones on their contract scheme. They had it exclusive originally, I'm not sure that's the case now. Anyway, they have it on contract and pay-as-you-go type deals but I have my fingers crossed I'll get a good deal on Monday, as my 18 month contract with them is about to end and I've never had payment or insurance problems whatsoever. So I get my new phone and contract and hopefully, it will be as awesome as I hope it will be to browse the forums for an unlimited length of time from my phone at work, on the train, on the loo, etc. etc. But either way, I'll let you know! :)

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 6th, 2009, 06:19:07 PM
I have had the same O2 pay-as-you-go SIM for years and years now (since when it was one-to-one.. must be over 7 or 8 years). Would I just be able to use that SIM card with it? I'd rather not change my phone number.

Droo
Feb 6th, 2009, 06:20:52 PM
I can't imagine why not, unless the iPhone takes a different sort of SIM card, which would be really daft.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 6th, 2009, 06:25:45 PM
Good point. Investigate that for me when you get your new phone ;)

Droo
Feb 6th, 2009, 06:27:52 PM
I will post my findings from the loo! I mean my findings whilst sat on the loo... posting... not what I find in my loo! :uhoh

Darven
Feb 6th, 2009, 06:54:51 PM
UHmm.... this thing works on normal cellphones, too. I don't have an iPhone and it works just fine on my Sony....

Man I wish I could afford an iPhone but O2 doesn't even have it over here....

Oh and I'd imagine the SIM card thing is the same over there: as long as it's the same network, it should work. Unless you get an unlocked one. But if your SIM card is pretty old you might need to get an upgrade to it that would give it UMTS or whatever other advances system the iPhone requires. I had to do that with my last phone cos it needed UMTS to get the internet working properly or something, so they just gave me a new SIM but the number remained the same.

Emelie Shadowstar
Feb 6th, 2009, 07:12:59 PM
A friend told me about that. :D Makes me want to play with one...but not own one for an iPhone does far more than I'd ever need a phone to do and I just can't get my head around it being worth it.

..oh...

And i found it hilarious that this was linked there as well -->
http://www.spike.com/blog/bacon-flavored/70819

:p

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 6th, 2009, 07:14:39 PM
There really is no escaping the bacon.

Everything has become tainted with it.

Droo
Feb 6th, 2009, 07:26:19 PM
There's no escaping the bacon!

I could see that on a t-shirt. :)

Zai
Mar 17th, 2009, 03:49:43 PM
I was almost turned off by the Tampax commerical that was advertised before hand...blah. But really funny. I'd wake up people with it.

Peter McCoy
Mar 17th, 2009, 11:20:43 PM
lol, bacon

http://www.pown.it/1284

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 23rd, 2009, 09:30:14 AM
Droo! You never posted your iPhone related findings!

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 21st, 2009, 07:36:44 AM
I could literally spend ALL DAY playing with this app.

I only wish I had someone to duel with :ohno

Crusader
Jun 22nd, 2009, 05:36:04 PM
My cell sounds like a R2 Unit when I get a call!
I am such a nerd!

Daria Nytherciria
Jun 23rd, 2009, 03:10:50 PM
My ringtone is currently the theme from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (previously was the piano version of the Final Five Theme from Battlestar Galactica), and my wallpaper is a BSG logo ^_^;