PDA

View Full Version : Greetings :D

Bull
Feb 1st, 2009, 12:57:46 PM
Hi guys. Hopefully a new Jedi character in the works here, but wanted to see if I could gather some info.

Firstly, been trying to piece together the timeline with regards to Order 66. I worked it out that our timeline here is 25 years after Order 66. Is that about accurate? (This is based on the battle of Endor being 4 years after the battle of Yavin, and Order 66 being 19 BBY, plus Miranda Tarkin's instatement as head of the Empire 2 years after Endor. 4 + 19 + 2 = 25) Maybe I've got those dates wrong...so, yeah? XD

Secondly, I know the current Jedi are out and about, scattered around. Are they reforming at all?

And thirdly, are there any characters up for picking up a tagalong?

The premise of Bull is that he was a youngling/padawan at the time of Order 66, witnessed the execution of his mentor/fellow students, but managed to escape (the details are still being worked out by yours truly here), and has been stuck somewhere in hiding ever since, with an obvious distaste for all things Imperial. The location is totally open, depending on where your characters are or will be going to.

So yes, anything here would be helpful.

Thanks, and hopefully I'll be seeing you all at some point :)

Daria Nytherciria
Feb 1st, 2009, 01:12:03 PM
25 years after the Jedi Purge is about right I think, yes.

There are quite a few Jedi gathered on Cloud City, but they have been there for a while now so I'm guessing that soon they will be looking for another place to stay - since lingering too long in one place is kind of dangerous.

Can you tell us some more about Bull? Did you have any ideas on where he might have been hiding? In terms of where we can travel, the Jedi are pretty flexible since, as I've said, they have no fixed base.

We have a couple of characters, at least, who were at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant when Order 66 was going on, so it may be the Bull knew one of them. Who knows!

Any more info you can give us to work with would be great :)

Bull
Feb 1st, 2009, 01:27:32 PM
Oh yes! That would be interesting :D

I'd imagine Bull would be moving around, like all the other Jedi, to avoid detection. Perhaps through the Mid and Outer-rim, on "natural" worlds like Malastare - chomping on fruits and the like. Trying to keep some kind of connection with the living force.

Would it be realistic to have him with a limited knowledge of basic force techniques? Manipulation of small objects, things like this?

Daria Nytherciria
Feb 1st, 2009, 01:30:48 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but what species is Bull? o_O

We ask that all new characters start out at the beginning, so your skills with the Force should be minimal yes (no shooting fireballs out of your backside etc :lol). For some of the characters who survived the Purge, we put this down to the fact that they would have been unable to safely practice and train - and of course most would have been without anyone to teach them (unless they had been lucky enough to escape with a fellow Jedi, or a holocron!)

The Mid and Outer-rim sounds like a perfect place to hide though. The further from the Core the better really, since that's where the Empire are most prevalent :shakefist

Bull
Feb 1st, 2009, 01:34:04 PM
No problem, I can understand that.

Bull is a Herglic (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Herglic). Basically a whale with arms and legs ^_^

Daria Nytherciria
Feb 1st, 2009, 01:37:51 PM
Ohhhhh.. cute :D

It says here they had an addiction to gambling and games. Does Bull suffer from this? I would imagine that could lead to him getting into some situations where he might encounter the Jedi, especially on Cloud City, where gambling is such a big deal, or on Nar Shaddaa..

Bull
Feb 1st, 2009, 01:44:08 PM
Absolutely. Perhaps not an outright addiction, seeing as he's been raised away from his kind, but certainly some kind of penchant for gambling could be in his nature.

That seems like a good possibility. Perhaps Bull wins something from a particularly nasty thug, trouble ensues, Jedi step in? Something along those lines?

Daria Nytherciria
Feb 1st, 2009, 01:49:04 PM
That's a possibilty! On Cloud City for instance, many of the gambling venues are run by the Black Sun / Black Nebula crime syndicate. Getting yourself in debt there could land you in a world of pain, or a lifetime of doing the Vigo's bidding.

I know it sounds like I'm trying to get poor Bull in trouble, but just pondering ways to make his entrance more.. colourful :D

Bull
Feb 1st, 2009, 02:03:36 PM
It sounds fun ^.^ But...would Jedi be present in such a gambling venue? Seems very unbecoming.

Serena Laran
Feb 3rd, 2009, 12:55:21 AM
Well I'd pop Serena in the thread but I really don't have time to take on another thread.

We have several knight level Jedi who aren't doing much. *significant looks at padawan-less Jedi* ;)

Ilias Nytrau
Feb 3rd, 2009, 01:52:13 AM
Stop pointing fingers. That is not polite. :twak

Daria Nytherciria
Feb 3rd, 2009, 06:13:24 AM
I don't think Daria has it in her to train anyone other than Wyl - she is of an old-school mindset, that the master-apprentice bond should be all... sacred.

That being said, if you still need someone to rescue you, I'll send the blind knight your way :)

Miranda Tarkin
Feb 3rd, 2009, 09:22:36 AM
Lianna also has one now too so :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 3rd, 2009, 02:15:11 PM
Well Serena has two. And I have a baby at home with me so I'm hesitant to take on another apprentice since I barely have time for the two I have.

I'm not pointing fingers, I'm just trying to get the 'new guy' integrated in a timely manner, and I'll use Serena to do it if I need to, but I'd appreciate it if someone else would step up. :) That's all.

Bull
Feb 3rd, 2009, 03:49:49 PM
o.O EEEIIIII!!

I don't want to stretch anyone out thinner than they are already, or force anyone into having their character take mine on if they don't want to. That wouldn't be too healthy for either party.

I'm sure things will work themselves out.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 3rd, 2009, 06:52:24 PM
No worries :D

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 3rd, 2009, 06:56:48 PM
Hey hey heeeey now, I said I would send Daria in, chillax peeps.

Kanji
Feb 3rd, 2009, 07:15:59 PM
Shoot. I was pondering on having Kanji in the area, that is if it was all groovy. :P

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 8th, 2009, 09:00:22 PM
Alrighty, well let me know if and when you need an appearance from Daria :)