PDA

View Full Version : Your Favourite Jedi

Atreyu
Jan 29th, 2009, 06:14:18 PM
Who is your favourite Jedi in the SW universe? Is it someone from the Original Trilogy, the Prequels, or even the Expanded Universe?

Post your fav here. :)

For me, my favourite has to be Obi-Wan 'Ben' Kenobi as played by Alec Guiness in the OT.

A fantastic character, mentor to the young Luke, dies nobly at the hands of Vader. He was pretty much the archetypical representation of a Jedi until the Prequels were released.

Note that I distinguish the older Kenobi from the younger, owing to the different actors who plays them (although Ewan is great too :)).

On a related note, Empire magazine in 2007 rated 'Ben Kenobi' their #1 SW character (again, they distinguished between the older 'Ben' and the younger 'Obi-Wan').

Hartus Kenobi
Jan 29th, 2009, 07:37:05 PM
i'd have to go with OT Ben Kenobi as well. A close second is PT Yoda.

Adelaide Kasperian-Kazaar
Jan 29th, 2009, 07:50:46 PM
Yoda. He has just always been my favorite.

Appearances are deceiving - Ive always liked that truth.

Captain Untouchable
Jan 29th, 2009, 08:32:54 PM
Mace Windu. Gotta respect a guy that's manly enough to weild a purply-pink lightsaber. ;)

In all seriousness, I like Windu as a character. Sure, you don't see very much of him, but because of SLJ's portrayal he's got this brooding aura that makes him seem like the formidable and powerful Jedi he actually is. Deceptive is good and all, but I like the "honesty" of what Windu is. Most Jedi seem like wise, wizardy type people - Windu is one of the few that looks and acts like he's a warrior as well. He seems like a Samauri to me, I guess, as opposed to just being a wise old man.

PT Kenobi has that as well, to some exent, so he'd probably be my second choice.

Aurelias Kazaar
Jan 29th, 2009, 08:41:13 PM
Yoda and I always liked Ulic Quel-Droma from the EU

Lykaios
Jan 29th, 2009, 09:16:03 PM
Mara Jade Skywalker

What? O_o She did become a Jedi after marrying Luke, no? Plus, who could go wrong with a fiery red-head :D

If no EU, then it's a tie between Mace Windu and Yoda

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 30th, 2009, 06:56:19 AM
In the movies, PT Obi-Wan.

In the EU, probably... Quinlan Vos.

Droo
Jan 30th, 2009, 10:07:06 AM
Qui-Gon Jinn. Best thing in Episode I by a mile and he's just a really lovely man, he never forgets Birthdays and he does charity work in the soup kitchens.

Captain Untouchable
Jan 30th, 2009, 11:07:06 AM
Having watched a few episodes of Clone Wars today, I may have to revise my answer slightly: I never realised that Kit Fisto was Jamaican. :|

Suppose the dreadlocks should've given it away. :lol

Darven
Jan 30th, 2009, 04:50:57 PM
Movies: I'd probably go for the younger Ben Kenobi. Not much of a fan of the old version.

Although I never really liked Jedi as such.

EU: Etain Tur-Mukan

Crusader
Jan 30th, 2009, 09:43:08 PM
EU Jedi
Jolee Bindo from KOTOR
I just loved his perspective concerning the force and justice.

Shaak Ti
is one of the reasons I enjoyed the clone wars mini series since I loved the way how fragile and strong this character is at the same time. Too bad that her death was cut out of RotS.

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 30th, 2009, 10:27:13 PM
I like Obi-Wan from Episodes I-III the best. About a quarter of the way through episode II I realized I have been watching those movies just for that character. When Episode III came out, I went solely to see Obi-Wan be the baddest man on campus.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 31st, 2009, 12:45:15 PM
PT Obi-Wan and Kit Fisto.

In third would have to be Luke Skywalker. I mean, come on!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 31st, 2009, 01:30:34 PM
Shaak Ti. I just adored her in the Clone Wars cartoon (the first one) and she's pretty good in the new CGI Clone Wars.

I also love the Ithorian Jedi with Force Bellow, or whatever that was. Awesome!

Tell Cho
Jan 31st, 2009, 05:02:18 PM
Both OT and PT Obi-Wan Kenobi. As I haven't read or seen much EU firsthand, I don't know many others that i can say for sure that I like.

I'nu
Feb 1st, 2009, 02:51:09 PM
It is so hard. I loved a lot of them, but Jolee Bindo was the coolest character that has been explored out of the EU. No one comes to mind faster than him when I think EU, and even in the broader sense of the series he falls right there up with some of the other Jedi I favor. He was just cool. Everything about him was unique, clever and colorful.

Then, there is Mace Windu and Qui-Gon Jinn. Those two are amazing, no contest. I think everyone gave the reason on those two, and Im not going to splash them with anymore compliments.

:)

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 1st, 2009, 02:52:39 PM
Jolee Bindo was like a more awesome version of Mace Windu.

I kind of liked Bastila Shan too. She was big inspiration for me writing Daria :)

I'nu
Feb 1st, 2009, 07:50:45 PM
If only Jolee had a purple saber...

The Original BuffJedi
Feb 13th, 2009, 08:44:18 PM
Tie between episode 3's yoda and Obi-wan, both bad mo fo's

Travis North
Feb 14th, 2009, 05:42:07 PM
Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi are my favourite Jedi Knight/Padawan duo, I really enjoyed their characters in the EU books. Movie wise I'd have to go with Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Zenas Codrey
Feb 16th, 2009, 12:00:08 PM
Shaak Ti kickstarted the whole Togruta thing for me. Obi-Wan is good whether PT or OT, and, like Droo, I thought Qui-Gonn was the best thing going in Episode I.

Victor Crestmere
Feb 17th, 2009, 09:59:36 PM
Kit Fisto all the way baby

Park Kraken
Feb 22nd, 2009, 10:16:30 PM
In the movies, I liked Darth Tyrannus. In the EU, I would have to say Jaina Solo, with Corran Horn coming in a close second. Overall in both movies and EU would be Jaina Solo though.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 23rd, 2009, 05:46:05 PM
Darth Tyrannus is not a Jedi. :shakefist

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 23rd, 2009, 05:47:06 PM
He was once though, I guess? A fallen Jedi?

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 23rd, 2009, 05:48:26 PM
Count Dooku :)

Mu Satach
Mar 1st, 2009, 08:28:34 PM
My favorite Jedi is <b>ME</b>!

Oh wait... I'm not one am I.

Kelly Perris
Mar 5th, 2009, 05:44:51 PM
Corran Horn. -shrugs- That's just the way it is. :p