PDA

View Full Version : Liberation Storyline

Reshmar
Jan 25th, 2009, 12:16:15 AM
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CSteven%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmso html1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> As some may know we at the fleet have been working on plans to assault Bothawui and assist the Bothan’s with over throwing the Imperials there.

This is just so people who are interested or want to help can voice their ideas and opinions. As it stands The Alliance 3rd fleet will strike Bothan space while the mass of the Imperial fleet is at Coruscant during the Inauguration. A group of special forces will be inserted onto the planet to assist the Bothan’s, so any Spec ops people who want to run with their own thread during this would be awesome. As for the fleet I will be handling most of it myself. Captain Tyree will be commanding the small force that will go to Bothawui and help in its liberation. And I am hoping for an imperial commander to command a reinforcement fleet for the planet.

I still have some polishing to do to it all and any comments or ideas are welcome as always

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 25th, 2009, 06:02:35 AM
So, what kind of role could ground forces play in this?

Captain Untouchable
Jan 25th, 2009, 11:05:55 AM
I remembered to make notes when we discussed it this time. :x

What we're leaning towards at the minute is effectively three separate encounters, for a bit of variety, scale, etc (and to avoid any issues with Fleeters and Ground-pounders posting at different rates):

Thread 1 is effectively a large-scale feint; the Rebel fleet masses at Mandell, the plan being to provoke the Imperials into bringing as much of their fleet as possible to deal with them there, rather than allow the Rebels to make it all the way to Bothawui. Presumably, the Imperials figure they can catch the alliance before they're ready, or what-not. Admiral Reshmar will be heading up that "Battle of Mandell", I believe.

Thread 2 is a smaller-scale skirmish at Bothawui itself. Because most of the Imperials have left for Mandell, the remaining forces are minimal: at this point, the Empire is working under the assumption that they can still rely on the Bothans and their own defensive fleet to "protect" Bothawui itself. Power struggles will take place aboard the ships in orbit to bring them under Bothan control, and the Bothans will eventually join forces with the Rebels. Imperial reinforcements will arrive at this point to match the combined Rebel / Bothan force, just to make things interesting. I think I (Captain Tyree) am looking after that, although others are more than welcome, particularly if they want to play some of the Bothan military people about the place.

Thread 3 would exclusively focus on the ground war on Bothawui itself. Alliance Intelligence and/or SpecForce would be involved in helping to overthrow the Stormtrooper garrison on the planet, and would no doubt go after the Moff for the Sector as well. If no one minds, I'd like to play the Moff myself and help control the opposition to you ground guys.

Depending on how many people want to get involved, the ground aspect could potentially be as small or large as we want. Maybe Colonel Starborn could get involved with commanding the actual ground invasion, with some of you Intel guys thrown in for good measure?

Estelle Russard
Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:05:02 PM
Can we please have a Chronology: Liberation thread like the ones for Toxicity and Our Darkest Days for this story arc?

(I thought I saw one someplace, but cant find it now).

It would be soooo helpful!

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 23rd, 2009, 08:06:51 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showpost.php?p=299164&postcount=43

There you go!

Aros Indigu
Feb 24th, 2009, 10:19:45 PM
I'll happily throw Zeel and Jehkran into the mix of the Thread 3 whenever it's open and ready.

Estelle Russard
Mar 2nd, 2009, 07:12:30 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showpost.php?p=299164&postcount=43

There you go!

Thankye kindly :)