PDA

View Full Version : X-Men for Dummies (HELP/411 PLEASE)

Maxine Flannery
Jan 21st, 2009, 02:20:34 PM
I'm trying to get back into things, but it's hard to know where to start reading. The number of threads is daunting too. So can anyone summarize what's what and where I would best fit in at this point? N.Y. or L.A.?

Ash Addams
Jan 21st, 2009, 02:23:45 PM
The LA setting has just started up so that is probably the easiest to explain/get into. Everything right now is just establishing who is in the locality and getting a feel for the House and the surrounding area.

I'm not sure what all is going on in NY, or anywhere else in the world.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 21st, 2009, 03:23:20 PM
In LA - Redencion House is a place run by Anna Fernandez, a 31 yr old Spanish mutant. She spends every nickel she can get her hands on on the upkeep and mortgage of the House, blahblah, the backstory and house rules are pretty much explained in the Redencion House, LA thread, and the "something new" OOC thread in this forum.

Currently we're setting up a big gang war that's going to affect the House and everyone in it. But with this setting anyone can blow in and blow out for one or two RPs - no strings attached. Anna will welcome everyone - as long as they behave themselves!

Stern
Jan 21st, 2009, 07:25:15 PM
In New York there is only really the Mutant Crimes Unit that is currently under way, and a bit of mutant activity related to Stern.

It would seem most of the Cullen's RPers have dropped off the face of the planet, so you can do more or less whatever you want as far as that's concerned. It does make things hard for people who actually want to do role plays set at Cullen's.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 21st, 2009, 08:35:33 PM
Just NPC some teachers? Cullens is hard because everyone wants to play a student - and generally students are not X-men, right? So then you have to RP school, etc, and it all depends on teachers being willing to do the boring RPing while students RP the fun stuff.

Its no wonder Dragon can't keep up with all the administrative duties.

Captain Untouchable
Jan 21st, 2009, 08:41:24 PM
I'm toying with the idea of getting Untouchable involved with Cullens as a teacher. He's already more or less out of a job already, so if I can find an appropriate excuse to introduce him to Cullens (and find someone to give him the tour), I'd be happy to run some boring physics and no-so-boring astronomy type lessons.

Untouchable is a little weird; he's likely to retaliate if the kids try anything, so there should be fun had on both sides. ;)