PDA

View Full Version : I need some information

Xavier Synik
Jan 14th, 2009, 01:05:42 PM
About the Imperial Fleet...

Who should I speak with?

Park Kraken
Jan 14th, 2009, 04:56:47 PM
You can speak with me. Shoot me a PM and I'll try to answer any questions you might have.

Tear
Jan 14th, 2009, 06:37:44 PM
I have a question too, regarding the fleet that will be around Coruscant for Miranda's announcement.

Who visiting, how many in their fleet and how many in the fleet regularly protecting Coruscant. Ship classes and the like, anyone know?

Karl Valten
Jan 14th, 2009, 07:10:41 PM
That is a very good question....and I have no idea.

Hmm, well, because of it's importance, Coruscant is considered to be a sector in itself.

So I'm guessing that a Sector Group is around to protect the capitol. Generally speaking, that would be 24 Imperator-Class Star Destroyer Mark IIs and about 2400 support ships (roughly half of those being combat vessels ranging from gunship to medium cruiser in size).

.....but that seems like an insanely high number of vessels for one system, and the upkeep (including that of XX-billion citizens on coruscant itself) would be insane.

So I'm thinking probably a Space Superiority Fleet. Probably around 6 Star Destroyers and around 400 support ships. But that's only taking into account the permanently stationed vessels there and not those of fleets on leave or those there for the Coronation ceremony.

Of course I'm just pulling stuff up out of nowhere, I have no idea.

P.S. Don't forget about the Golan Defense Platforms..............and the two planet-wide shields.........

Park Kraken
Jan 14th, 2009, 07:45:25 PM
Some of the answers to your question can be found in my now added post.

You can find, in and around Coruscant:
Super Star Destroyers
Imperial Mk-II Star Destroyers
Victory Mk-III and Mk IV Star Destroyers
Dreadnoughts
Interdictor Cruisers
Strike Cruisers
Carrack Cruisers
Tartan Cruisers
Lancer Frigates
NB2 Frigates
Adz Patrol Destroyers

Karl Valten
Jan 14th, 2009, 07:50:14 PM
The Admiral speaks the truth.

The Inquisitoriate maintains a small fleet of about 20 vessels in orbit over Imperial Center. These would mostly be modified Navy hand-me-downs with heavily automated systems. I would expect most of these to be gunships to medium cruisers (A Strike Cruiser or Dreadnought as the flagship probably)

I don't think the INQ has the man-power (or need for that matter) or Star Destroyer sized vessels. Though that may change with the new regime :D

Tear
Jan 14th, 2009, 08:03:40 PM
Super star destroyers? Whos flying those? *edit* nm read your post Kraken very nice.

The reason I asked is because in one of my threads I have various characters interacting with the home fleet defending Coruscant, namely one i made up "Victory II-class Star Destroyer 'Glorious Reckoning' ".

Im assuming the ships mentioned : Imperator, Monarch, Triumph, Eviscerator, Implacable, and Agonizer, are part of the home defense fleet as well or are they part of someones personal squadron?

Park Kraken
Jan 14th, 2009, 10:34:08 PM
I don't think the INQ has the man-power (or need for that matter) or Star Destroyer sized vessels. Though that may change with the new regime

If the INQ has possession of the Maw Installation right now, and we are following a historic storyline mode, then wouldn't Admiral Daala with the Imperial Mark I SDs Gorgon, Hydra, Manticore, and Basilisk be under the command of the INQ, since they were tasked with guarding Maw Installation historically?

Im assuming the ships mentioned : Imperator, Monarch, Triumph, Eviscerator, Implacable, and Agonizer, are part of the home defense fleet as well or are they part of someones personal squadron?

Home defense fleet, overall command of whichever Grand Admiral is tasked with Coruscant sector defense.

Karl Valten
Jan 14th, 2009, 10:48:11 PM
If the INQ has possession of the Maw Installation right now, and we are following a historic storyline mode, then wouldn't Admiral Daala with the Imperial Mark I SDs Gorgon, Hydra, Manticore, and Basilisk be under the command of the INQ, since they were tasked with guarding Maw Installation historically?

I think we may have fudged Daala out of their since we really aren't allowed to directly have copyright characters involved. We could make mention I suppose, but I think that would just clutter things.

Reshmar
Jan 14th, 2009, 11:30:33 PM
As per the Imperial Source book

A sector Force consists of
774,576 Troopers
1,180,309 Support Personnel
66,640 Repulsor Armored Vehicles
13,992 Heavy Armor Vehicles
24 Imperial Star Destroyers
1,600 Support Combat Vessels
776 Sector Supply and Cargo Vessels

plus The Sector Moff and Sector High Admiral each have a Battle Squadron of 18 ships.
Usually A Command Star Destroyer or Super Star Destroyer and 3 Attack Lines and one Pursuit line. Which is basiclly A command ship, 3 Star Destroyers, 6 Cruisers "VIcs, Vindicators, and a Immobilizer", and the rest Carracks, Lancers, Neb B's and B2's.

Plus Whatever the Empress has with her.

Karl Valten
Jan 14th, 2009, 11:34:59 PM
Yup

I generally use this as a guide:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Navy

Reshmar
Jan 14th, 2009, 11:40:14 PM
I just always use my West End Games and WOTC Source Books. But whatever you imp scum want is fine with me

Karl Valten
Jan 14th, 2009, 11:55:30 PM
-munches on some freshly fried fish sticks-

Sorry, whatchu say there? These are sooooooo tasty I got distracted.

Reshmar
Jan 15th, 2009, 12:06:19 AM
Dip them in Hot Sauce.

Tear
Jan 27th, 2009, 04:55:30 PM
Karl clean out your inbox yo. *lashes*

Karl Valten
Jan 27th, 2009, 05:03:15 PM
Just did, forgot to cash in as a supporter this year