PDA

View Full Version : Conundrum - Force Training

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 13th, 2009, 08:15:53 PM
There has been a slight problem that has kind of plagued the Inquisitors. The lack of any Knight level or above Force people to train those that wish to be. Course there is Hera but :p

In all seriousness, Sorsha needs to be trained as a Hand and Miranda is gnawing at the bit to be trained (once she fully accepts that she is 'tainted' after talking with Mommy) ... She wants to be strong enough to corrupt Lianna and kill any Force users that get in the Empire's way. She loathes them, and is willing to walk down a very dark path to ensure that their ilk does not threaten the security of the Empire.

With that said... how the hell can we do this @_@ Helghast went MIA and was supposed to do this.

Any suggestions? Cuz I have none at the moment

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 13th, 2009, 08:17:22 PM
You know who you should ask for help? Salem Ave. I hear he is a nice guy, and not liable to try and kill you to claim the throne for himself. Not liable to do that at all.

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 13th, 2009, 08:18:12 PM
Uh huh. Sure.

Karl Valten
Jan 13th, 2009, 10:10:47 PM
Who let a rebel into Strategic Command? :twak

Anywho, we could use some sort of NPC for training purposes, there are plenty of Inquisitors that could fit the bill

BUT, this is really iffy to a lot of people. Many wouldn't consider it 'legit' training. Still I don't see how we have many other options along the line. Unless there is some person who has a Sith or Jedi character of the appropriate rank and would like to either side with the Inquisitoriate....or create an Inquisitor character capable of doing so (bending the rules a bit here)

Thoughts?

Park Kraken
Jan 14th, 2009, 04:58:06 PM
Karl, check your PM box please. I'm waiting on a reply from you before proceeding with my plans.

Lykaios
Jan 20th, 2009, 07:24:43 PM
Hello one and all!

Some of you may know me from another board, some of you may not know me at all; allow me to introduce myself, name's Lykaios (character name at least), as for real name, well most people just call me J as they're afraid to butcher my real name, if you really get the itch of curiosity just ask though.

I've been RPing for a while now and in looking for new RPing home and thanks to certain people *looks at Vega, Raz and Charlotte* I came across your board and decided to join your merry band :D

While talking to Vega, it was mentioned that you folks were in need of a dark sider and well, while I know I'm new to the baord, I'm no stranger to RPing, least a Dark Jedi, so here I am at your disposal and open to any ideas you might have and willing to help in any way I can.

Cheers,

J

Tear
Jan 20th, 2009, 07:58:30 PM
Welcome!

Glad to have you here on the boards experienced writers are always good to have in abundance. Especially active ones.

A dark Jedi you say? And Vega sent you to the Empire...tricksy beast that one. Well the Empire is always looking for new active members no matter the character you plan to play,

Since your new ill sort out the major powers in the current time line for ya just so you can gain perspective on where you might stand. I'm assuming here that you know about the setting?

Time line is roughly 2 years after Endor with the disabling but not destruction of the death star. All major cannon characters were killed in the resulting battle at Endor, Vader, Luke the Emperor etc,

Right now the Empire is very anti force user. That means Jedi or Dark Jedi running around in the open are rare. So if you plan on playing one, that should weigh on your writing slightly. IF you wish to join the Empire as a dark Jedi there are several options.

The main being the Inquisitors. Sort of like the KGB for the Empire. To make it simple.
Main priority: Maintain order within the Empire.
Secondary: Eliminate Jedi.
This is probably where you would end up if you wanted to play a dark Jedi in the Empire. Anyone in the Inquisitoriate usually has a fairly zealous mindset for maintaining peace and order no matter the cost.

Good character referances for Inquisitors are Karl Valten (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?u=3061), Rossos Atrapes (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/member.php?u=4211), and myself.

Not that your restricted there are other branches like the Navy, Army and Intelligence you could serve in but if you plan on playing an 'out of the closet' force sensitive you'll likely be under keen eye of the Inquisitors and scrutinized heavily.

For example you can look up another role-player on the boards Lamar (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18899&highlight=Lamar) (Scroll down a bit and his profile is there) He started as a force sensitive Storm trooper. Although he rebelled and now has a bounty on him...you dont want that:rolleyes

Oh and if your new here and starting a force user you'll have to start from scratch in terms of power. ie: padawan, just taking your baby steps in learning.

If you have any questions feel free to message me.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 20th, 2009, 08:00:28 PM
Oh and if your new here and starting a force user you'll have to start from scratch in terms of power. ie: padawan, just taking your baby steps in learning.

Lyk is clear to start at Knight/above rank - that's why I sent him your way, in fact ;) He is transferring his rank over from another board.

Tear
Jan 20th, 2009, 08:20:49 PM
o rly? I didn't know that was possibleo_O

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 20th, 2009, 08:25:02 PM
Mhmm. I'm not sure that it's in the FAQ, but if someone can demonstrate that they have the ability to write at a certain rank, having been promoted at another community (specifically a community we have a close affiliation with), the staff will consider allowing them a transfer.

Both myself and Miranda will vouch for Lyk in this case. Without wanting to make him feel old, he has been RPing since at least 2003 at www.starwarsrpg.net so he knows the ropes. :)

Tear
Jan 20th, 2009, 08:26:57 PM
Oh groooovy that's awesome. I'm sure the Empire will be able to find a suitable place for Mr. J in no time then.;)

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 20th, 2009, 08:27:52 PM
Mahvellous. I would have taken him over to the Rebellion but we already have one too many evil bastards hiding in our midst *:shakefist at Dan and s'Ilancy*

Lykaios
Jan 20th, 2009, 08:35:03 PM
Thanks for the welcome Tear and for the snapshot, tis very much appreciated! :)

I was indeed thinking the way of the Inquisitors and the fact that there seemed to be the need for a Knight/higher ranked dark-sider just made sense.

That is of course if you still need someone.

Tear
Jan 20th, 2009, 09:29:35 PM
Mr. Valten is the go to Inquisitor at the moment. Since my character is still officially absent. But if he doesn't show up I can give you something to do;)

Karl Valten
Jan 20th, 2009, 10:37:01 PM
Yo, Tear gave you a good run down on the current happenings on the boards. Feel free to PM me or any of the others here about more details.

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 21st, 2009, 12:30:24 AM
Yes! Your Empress vouches for this man :D

Lykaios
Jan 21st, 2009, 09:48:33 AM
Awwwww Vegz thinks of me as an old evil bastard! I feel so loved :D

I keed, I keed. I have been at said board for a very long time and RPing in all for close to ten years...so I guess I am old indeed o_O

Yay for the empress vouching for moi! Am very much looking forward to RPing here :)

Nya Halcyon
Jan 21st, 2009, 02:30:36 PM
Bah! So you listen to them now but when I tell you to check it out ya don't! *grumbles*

But yeah, just wanted to say welcome, and i'm looking forward to you playing an Inq. I hope we'll get a chance to rp together again - as long as we're both on the same side of the war :p

Gallus Tagge
Jan 21st, 2009, 02:36:09 PM
He finally saw the light! Rejoice :D

Lykaios
Jan 21st, 2009, 03:19:45 PM
More like the light was flashed/shoved in my face as I was run over by an 18 wheeler :D

Awwww Marita, yes you had pointed previously, I just wasn't ready to make the switch and actually there wasn't going to be a switch o_O but they bapped me in the head enough times to knock some sense into me *rubs head * -_-

Sanya Tagge
Jan 21st, 2009, 03:21:08 PM
Oh Mr. Lykaios... *whispers* I may have need of your services :uhoh

Nya Halcyon
Jan 21st, 2009, 03:55:39 PM
:rolleyes

Now i'd wanna bet she's got some special assignment for you... Like find a way for Sorsha to have an incurable and terminal accident?

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 21st, 2009, 06:32:06 PM
Now why would Sanya do that?

:: blinks in honest confusion ::

:lol

Lykaios
Jan 21st, 2009, 06:39:19 PM
Oh Mr. Lykaios... *whispers* I may have need of your services
I do aim to please >=)

Rossos Atrapes
Jan 21st, 2009, 08:02:29 PM
I was indeed thinking the way of the Inquisitors and the fact that there seemed to be the need for a Knight/higher ranked dark-sider just made sense.

Even in this instance, there is danger for your character. I haven't managed to put it very well into my posts, but this is pretty much what is facing Inquisitor Atrapes; he is talented, but can't show too much or he'd be like to find himself dead, and quick. The Empire doesn't take well to powerful would-be rivals, even within their own ranks. With Palpatine gone, some of the pressure is as well, but as Valten (and Atrapes, to extent) show, Palpatine's influence is still quite strong.

Sorsha Kasajian
Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:01:09 AM
:rolleyes

Now i'd wanna bet she's got some special assignment for you... Like find a way for Sorsha to have an incurable and terminal accident?

Assassinating an Assassin??? :lol How Funny :mneh

Sorsha Kasajian
Jan 30th, 2009, 04:06:07 PM
On a serious note however, I'm going a little stir crazy in my current holding pattern.

Tear
Jan 30th, 2009, 11:09:30 PM
Perhaps a mission with Lykaios supervising the new hand on behalf of the Inquisitors. A sort of joint venture as they are sent on a mission to find Miranda's sister?

You two could also seek out the reforming bounty hunter guild to see if they might have any information on her whereabouts or even get a bounty going for her. That would make for an interesting thread.

Inquisitor and Hand, possibly with the aid of a bounty hunter or two in search for Navaria Tarkin.

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 31st, 2009, 12:33:04 AM
Finding my Sister is a priority ... she will be turned, or she will be destroyed!!

:shakefist

Elias Akasha
Jan 31st, 2009, 01:35:26 AM
You need someone destroyed, Empress? *looks hopeful* :dance

Nya Halcyon
Jan 31st, 2009, 06:00:59 AM
Oh yeah.... the Guild's all up for it.

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 31st, 2009, 07:36:57 AM
You need someone destroyed, Empress? *looks hopeful* :dance

Not yet :p

I want her brought before me first for tea and crumpets.

Sorsha Kasajian
Jan 31st, 2009, 08:31:40 AM
edit - let me know when I'm needed.

Lykaios
Feb 1st, 2009, 11:31:29 PM
I'm game...