PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: Ships Crew

Barton Henning
Jan 12th, 2009, 06:16:09 PM
I need something for Mr. Henning here to occupy himself with, and I thought perhaps he might become part of the Rebel Alliance's supply fleet.

Support Services was responsible for the Rebel supply fleet, a collection of transports (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Transport) ranging from light freighters (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Light_freighter) to bulk freighters (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bulk_freighter). Most of these ships were slow, poorly armed, and outdated, making them vulnerable to Imperial (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Empire) attack. Larger ships were relatively rare. Though the Alliance was actually well supplied from friendly agriworlds (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Agriworld) and Rebel safe worlds (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Safe_world), their overstretched fleet made it difficult to keep the fleet and the troops in the field properly supplied. After the evacuation of Yavin (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fifth_Battle_of_Yavin_IV), this situation was aggravated.

Modified light freighters, such as YT-1300 light freighters (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/YT-1300_light_freighter) with additional external cargo pods (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/External_cargo_pod), were the most common ships in Support Services. These vessels were usually purchased second-hand, stolen, or salvaged from junkyards, and required skilled (or lucky) mechanics to remain spaceworthy. Their small size made them useful when supplying ships or bases behind Imperial lines. With forged documentation making them appear to be legitimate tramp freighters (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tramp_freighter), these Rebel freighters could sometimes land openly at Imperial spaceports (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Spaceport).

Alas, one man does not make a crew - so I'll be needing a few more hands on deck to make this thing work. It's not the most glamorous job, nor will it be the easiest, but you'll be contributing to the victory of the Rebellion and maybe get to see the sights of the galaxy while you're at it.

Who's with me? Barton will be the ship's captain (and doctor, by default) - but I wouldn't mind some of the following:
A pilot
A mechanic
A diplomat
A bodyguard
An extra medic, just incase... etc etc. Think Firefly for inspiration :)

Rossos Atrapes
Jan 12th, 2009, 06:22:42 PM
I'm in! I call pilot! Washburn ahoy!

Barton Henning
Jan 12th, 2009, 06:39:05 PM
Enthusiasm. I like it :)

So.. does my pilot have a name, a face?

Ben Merasska
Jan 12th, 2009, 06:56:01 PM
Ben Merasska's the name, sir! I'm sure we'll be great...er...compatriots!

Chaz de Coventina
Jan 12th, 2009, 07:21:04 PM
By 'medic' do you mean 'person with secretive credentials but obvious experience, complete with bonus disapproving expression'? :mischief

Barton Henning
Jan 12th, 2009, 07:22:43 PM
I... well, that could work. Do you know of any secretive, disapproving sorts with the relevant experience? :mneh

Ben Merasska
Jan 12th, 2009, 07:22:53 PM
I'd accept ya. No problem. C'mon, Cappy, she looks like a nice girl!

Chaz de Coventina
Jan 12th, 2009, 07:34:03 PM
I... well, that could work. Do you know of any secretive, disapproving sorts with the relevant experience? :mneh

Funny you should ask... ;)

I'd accept ya. No problem. C'mon, Cappy, she looks like a nice girl!

I'm a woman, not a girl. And your shirt's inside-out. :rolleyes

Barton Henning
Jan 12th, 2009, 07:36:02 PM
How about I set up a meeting for us all on, say, Nar Shaddaa? So we can all get together and discuss the.. terms of this little venture of ours?

Ben Merasska
Jan 12th, 2009, 07:37:56 PM
Hey. Heyheyhey. I don't like this girl anymore Cap'n. She's makin' fun a me. And Nar Shadaa. Right away!

Chaz de Coventina
Jan 12th, 2009, 07:41:36 PM
You're telling on me? What are you, seven?

... He started it. :cry

Nar Shaddaa it is!

Ben Merasska
Jan 12th, 2009, 07:44:38 PM
... Besides, he started it. :cry

No! She started it...

Aw. C'mon. C'mon. Stop crying, I mean, you just accused me for acting like a kid! Please? Pretty please?

Barton Henning
Jan 12th, 2009, 07:45:48 PM
I submit for your approval our ship, the Knightfall:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dynamic-class_freighter

Ben Merasska
Jan 12th, 2009, 07:51:59 PM
Wow. :| That's uh... where'd you get that? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love to see a classic still running an' all but... wow.

Barton Henning
Jan 12th, 2009, 07:54:10 PM
I did say we wouldn't be living the glamorous life, Ben. It's not much, but it was all the Rebellion could afford to spare...

We'll just have to find ourselves a mechanic capable of keeping it in the air long enough to move from point A to point B.

Chaz de Coventina
Jan 12th, 2009, 07:54:11 PM
It has a certain... rustic charm. :D

Barton Henning
Jan 12th, 2009, 07:56:06 PM
That's the spirit ;)

Anna Fernandez
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:16:18 PM
wait I didnt read all the posts in there, but why does Dr. Henning need a medic? O_o

Barton Henning
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:18:25 PM
Just incase... I can only be in one place at a time.

Lyanie Quez
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:19:36 PM
You got yourself a mechanic, chief. ;) ...Now I just need to find my face. Where's a mirror?

Anna Fernandez
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:19:51 PM
:lol okaaaaay :)

Chaz de Coventina
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:20:19 PM
Just incase... I can only be in one place at a time.

... Until we clone you. That's the real reason I'm here.

Ben Merasska
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:22:27 PM
Oh, I can fly it. No worries there, Cap'n. If it can fly, I can fly it. But whoa. This is a blast from the past, and I'm not kiddin' around.

Barton Henning
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:22:42 PM
I think the Henning Clone Army Project will have to be put on hold for now..

Ben Merasska
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:23:52 PM
You got clones?! Where? And can I get in on it? Never can be too many of me, I always say. ;)

Chaz de Coventina
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:25:31 PM
Yeah, but nobody else says that, you goon. :mneh

Ben Merasska
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:33:15 PM
Yeah. :(

But that's because they don't know me yet! :D My charming personality and quirks, coupled with a talent for flying anything, wins over everyone!

Barton Henning
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:34:41 PM
Let's not forget your modesty, Ben ;)

Lyanie Quez
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:40:07 PM
Pssht. Modesty's overrated. :rolleyes

Ben Merasska
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:40:35 PM
Yes. Of course. My modesty does a fair bit too. Heheh.

Lyanie Quez
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:41:51 PM
Hi Ben! -waves energetically-

Ben Merasska
Jan 12th, 2009, 08:46:40 PM
Hey hey! Why if it ain't Lyanie?! At least there'll a friendly girl on this ship.

Barton Henning
Jan 12th, 2009, 09:12:12 PM
Thread is up :)

Abarai Loki
Jan 13th, 2009, 09:18:33 PM
Is there room for one more? I need to get this kid off Nar Shaddaa and fast. He's a bit of a diplomat and would make a reasonable bodyguard... plus, he has a cool head. Not that you don't have enough of those in your crew already, of course! :uhoh

So, what do you say? Can Loki tag along?

Lyanie Quez
Jan 13th, 2009, 09:53:47 PM
-gives Loki noogies-

Aww! He's so cute! Can we keep him, chief? Huh? HUH??

Abarai Loki
Jan 13th, 2009, 09:59:48 PM
*Gives Lyanie the scowling of a lifetime*

I'm not cute... I'm lethal!

Ben Merasska
Jan 13th, 2009, 10:05:00 PM
I dunno, Cap'n. He looks a bit young to be a bodyguard or a diplomat, don't he? Heck, no one'd take him seriously! No matter how cute he is, Lyanie.

Abarai Loki
Jan 13th, 2009, 10:07:51 PM
Have you never heard of aggressive negotiations?

*snap-hiss*

Chaz de Coventina
Jan 13th, 2009, 10:22:47 PM
He's probably riddled with diseases. I think a full physical is in order, first.

*snaps gloves*

Captain Monmoo
Jan 13th, 2009, 10:24:33 PM
hey you guys take
Passengers?

Ben Merasska
Jan 13th, 2009, 10:27:43 PM
o_O Doesn't look that riddled to me.

Droo
Jan 13th, 2009, 10:28:27 PM
whoops! :uhoh

Abarai Loki
Jan 13th, 2009, 10:29:22 PM
I also bite... :grumble

Barton Henning
Jan 14th, 2009, 04:36:27 AM
So long as you've got something to contribute to the ship, you're welcome on board, Loki. Just.. try to keep that lightsaber use down to a minimum, alright?

Monmoo - the Knightfall is going to be mainly carrying supplies and cargo for the Rebellion... but I guess if we were running a little short on credits, we might take a passenger. Providing they knew how to be subtle about our usually business.

Bozz
Jan 14th, 2009, 05:07:01 PM
This thread looks crowded. If you guys run another mission send a PM. I've got something* for you to do.

Chaz de Coventina
Jan 14th, 2009, 06:03:45 PM
Oooh IMPORTINT BIZNESS.

:uhoh er... I don't know what came over me.

Ben Merasska
Jan 14th, 2009, 07:22:53 PM
*GASP*:o

Did our dear Medic show some humour?! What's next? Cap'n'll be one a those fabled Jedi wizards that we've been hearing about?

Barton Henning
Jan 14th, 2009, 07:23:57 PM
That's some imagination you've got there, Ben ;)

Ben Merasska
Jan 14th, 2009, 07:35:11 PM
Yeah. People've told me that.

Captain Monmoo
Jan 14th, 2009, 10:31:22 PM
Okay good to know thanks!

Barton Henning
Jan 15th, 2009, 04:42:25 PM
I posted! :)

Abarai Loki
Jan 15th, 2009, 06:52:30 PM
I'll wont post for now and allow the current characters to get acquainted before throwing Loki into the mix, it might make things a touch too complicated.

Atton Kira
Jan 15th, 2009, 07:48:12 PM
Are you guys still tryin' t'cram more souls in that ol' ship a' yours? I'm supposed t'have a ship of me own, but I don't have that much t'do at the moment; she probably befell some sort a' convenient technical glitch, or somethin' like that, strandin' me on Nar Shadaa in needin' t'hitch a ride.

A little about m'self - I'm Atton Kira. They call me The Doctor, but don't bother askin' what I'm a doctor of; no one really knows, an' I plan t'keep it that way.

I'm a Freelance Investigative Journalist. Sounds like a mouthful, but t'cut a long story short, I work m'way around the galaxy, snopin' about wherever there's secrets, an' then I sell the story t'whoever is most likely t'buy it. Sometimes that'll be one of the more well-known newsreels out there on the holonet; other times it'll be Black Sun, Alliance Intelligence; some times it's rich guys out on Bespin who don't want their wives t'know what they get up to down at the cantina.

Suffice it t'say, I have a few connections that might come in handy from time t'time. Speaking a' friends, I'll be bringin' a couple with me. Sleazy is me CZ-41 Protocol Droid; he's there for business - takin' holostills, recordin' interviews, an' the like. Kate is my R4 Astromech, an' with me ship out of commission, I'm sure she'd much rather be tinkerin' around on the Knightfall than on standby in storage somewhere.

So yeah; got any room for an intrepid reporter an' his entourage?

Lyanie Quez
Jan 15th, 2009, 09:48:30 PM
Hey, you're kinda handsome. You've got my vote. :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 16th, 2009, 03:37:20 AM
Another doctor? :lol

Atton Kira
Jan 16th, 2009, 05:46:34 AM
Aye... just don't expect me t'be patchin' up bullet holes, reattatchin' severed limbs, or any a' that. I definately ain't that kind a' doctor. ;)

Ben Merasska
Jan 16th, 2009, 07:12:31 AM
I dunno. You seem friendly. Friendlier than the medic, at least, though it can't be too hard to be that nice, I suppose.

Atton Kira
Jan 16th, 2009, 11:15:00 AM
Don't dismiss y're blessin's, Merasska. Who'd y'rather see nursin' y'back t'health: Chaz, or Henning?

I know which one I'd pick. At least, unless y've got any medical trainin' there, Lyanie? Sunshine, happiness, an' a pretty face? What more could a guy want?

Barton Henning
Jan 16th, 2009, 11:24:40 AM
So yeah; got any room for an intrepid reporter an' his entourage?

Maybe. If you know how to be discreet and can contribute to the upkeep of a.. slightly out of date starship.

Chaz de Coventina
Jan 16th, 2009, 11:33:40 AM
Don't dismiss y're blessin's, Merasska. Who'd y'rather see nursin' y'back t'health: Chaz, or Henning?

I know which one I'd pick. At least, unless y've got any medical trainin' there, Lyanie? Sunshine, happiness, an' a pretty face? What more could a guy want?

Oh, my God. Take some Thorazine and go stunblast yourselves, the both of you. :rolleyes

Ben Merasska
Jan 16th, 2009, 11:37:29 AM
See? SEE? I'd rather have Cap'n looking me over than her! She'd... she'd... she would give me Thorazine and then stun-blast me. And all 'cause I said she was a girl, when she's so apparently a woman.

Atton Kira
Jan 16th, 2009, 11:54:19 AM
Thorazine and stun-blasting sounds like startin' a good night out t'me. ;)

Maybe. If you know how to be discreet and can contribute to the upkeep of a.. slightly out of date starship.

I'm sure we'll be able t'arrange some way for me t'reinburse y' for my passage, Cap'n. We'll have t'discuss the terms once I manage t'find y' on Nar Shaddaa.