PDA

View Full Version : Like a Kid in a Candy Store

Sirus Blackjack
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:31:48 PM
If there was one thing that got Sirus excited, it was the prospect of a new ship. Especially a particularly rare ship. And that was exactly what he had set his sights on. Being an employee of the Black Nebula organisation opened up tremendous perks, and finding such ships was one of them. A Republic Sienar Systems Star Courier, to be exact. Finally, one had been tracked to Coruscant.

Blackjack's shiney shoes tapped on the floor of the speeder - a Gaba-18, and one of his prized favourites - rapping out a steady, regular beat as he navigated the Coruscant traffic. The speeder was completely silver, modified with alloys that would prevent any but the most dedicated speeder enthusiast from recognising its military roots. His gloved hand ran along the arm rest, the other steering the vessel casually around a corner.

"It's supposed to be near here, right?" the middle-aged man asked, turning briefly to his passenger with a grin, his hair brushed back by the gentle breeze.

Varla
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:37:22 PM
"It's in lockdown at the moment. What you've asked for is on the unusual side. I've had to call in a few favors."

Sirus Blackjack
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:42:29 PM
Sirus hissed through his teeth softly, sucking in a lungful of air.

"Really? Well, I'm flattered" he replied, glacing at her again before setting his eyes on their destination.

It was a particularly expensive part of the city, and a particularly expensive residential block they were heading for. A gleaming building with its own private docking stations and security to boot.

"What did you have to do?"

Varla
Jan 7th, 2009, 12:51:31 PM
:: Varla's cheeks blushed hotly at the question ::

"That's client confidential, Sirus."

Sirus Blackjack
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:00:21 PM
Sirus smirked, steering the speeder into a public space. Varla was an enchanting creature, and more than once Blackjack had considered dipping into his credits for her.

"Fine, have it your way" he grinned, pushing himself out of the seat and moving around to her side, offering a gentlemen's hand. "But you can get in?"

Varla
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:24:27 PM
:: Varla took his offered hand and stepped out of the speeder ::

"Of course."

:: She led him to the hangar and punched in an access code. There was a retinal scan, and she waved him in as the doors opened ::

Sirus Blackjack
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:55:35 PM
Sirus slipped through smoothly, and his eyes widened.

"Frell!"

He backpedelled through the doorway, spinning around and pressing his back against the wall to one side of the door. Pulling the right side of his coat open, he unstrapped a Flechette shotgun from inside, bringing up the weapon and pumping a round into the chamber.

"You didn't tell me there'd be guards" he grunted, peering around to get a view of the targets.

Varla
Jan 7th, 2009, 01:58:48 PM
:: Varla rolled her eyes as she stood in plain sight ::

"Did I have to? I own this building."

Sirus Blackjack
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:07:35 PM
Sirus frowned, bringing up a hand to rub his temples and letting the shotgun hang down towards the floor.

"Smooth move, Blackjack..." he muttered to himself, rolling around the corner and slinging the weapon up against his shoulder.

Any embarrassment that Sirus felt was swiftly washed away as he gazed upon the ship, ignoring the querying looks of the guards. His eyes traced along the vessel, and a boyish grin spread on his face.

"Oh, yes..."

He spun around, letting his gun drop to the floor and catching Varla up in a bear hug.

"Ooohhh, you really came through, sweetheart!"

He released his crushing grip, and turned to marvel an the ship once more.

"Soooo...can we take her for a spin?"

Varla
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:19:35 PM
:: Varla squeaked as Sirus hugged her, and laughed as he spun her around. She didn't mind the rough handling, but took a moment to preen before she answered ::

"Not yet. It's going to need modification, and there's a few details I have to iron out."

Sirus Blackjack
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:25:09 PM
Sirus hopped up and down impatiently.

"No way..."

Moving forward underneath the ship, he ran his hand along a short section of the belly.

"What needs to be done?"

Varla
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:31:13 PM
"I'll have a full datapad on that as soon as I can."

:: She gave his shoulder a friendly touch ::

"This is an old design. Not exactly low profile for joyrides. We don't want to attract the wrong attention."

Sirus Blackjack
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:36:42 PM
Breathing out a resigned sigh, Sirus let his hand drop back down from the hull.

"What about the owner? Has he contacted the authorities yet?" he asked, chewing his lip as he thought.

Varla
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:42:46 PM
"No." she replied. "I have an appointment with a contact in three solar days. After that, you'll have no Imperial trouble."

:: She gave him a confident smile ::

Sirus Blackjack
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:49:31 PM
Sirus smiled back, but still felt anxious to get his hands on the controls. Still, the ship was finally here, and it was his.

"I love my job sometimes..." he mused, shoving his hands in his pockets and scuffing the floor with the sole of his shoe. "I was told there was something else we needed to have words about?"

Varla
Jan 7th, 2009, 02:54:53 PM
"Yes." she replied, leading him to the turbolift to her private suite. Her living quarters were possibly the most opulent Sirus ever set foot in. There was even a large pool of liquid that bubbled curiously ::

"We need to set up your new routes."

Sirus Blackjack
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:05:50 PM
Sirus's eyes wandered around the place, breathing out heavily and trying not to look too impressed.

"I'm happy to go anywhere. Where do you want me?" he replied, following her further into the suite.

Varla
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:14:20 PM
:: Varla took a seat on one of the many luxurious couches and smiled as a server brought her favorite daiquiri ::

"You have no preference?"

Sirus Blackjack
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:19:26 PM
Blackjack moved lazily towards the window, looking out at the bustling cityscape.

"Well, I say anywhere...Preferably places I can breath. I'm only human" he jested, folding his hands behind his back. "But yes. I'll go where I'm sent. I am, after all, the employee."

Varla
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:38:32 PM
:: Varla picked up a remote and the windows polarized, becoming a holographic starmap ::

"Would you like a drink?"

:: She sipped her own, closing her eyes almost blissfully as she swallowed ::

Sirus Blackjack
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:47:12 PM
Sirus examined the starmap, giving a nod.

"A whiskey, if you have some" he replied, before turning and making his way towards Varla, taking a seat opposite her. "Smooth, but strong, like a woman should be."

Varla
Jan 7th, 2009, 03:56:16 PM
:: The line made her giggle as she was drinking, and she licked the corner of her mouth as she looked at Sirus pleasantly ::

"Do you want to set up a contract with me?"

:: The server brought him his whiskey. It was Corellian ::

Sirus Blackjack
Jan 7th, 2009, 04:17:23 PM
Blackjack took the drink, lifting the glass to his lips and taking a swig, savouring the taste for a few moments.

Oh yes, the old dog's still got it.

He regarded her casually, before tossing his head back against the headrest and gazing up at the ceiling.

"Varla, darling, I adore your company. We're different from the rest, you and I."

He stood steadily, swaggering over to her and plopping down beside her, running his left arm around her shoulders.

"I'm not your normal customer though, am I? I'm a gentlemen, and a real one at that" he explained, nodding with self assurance and taking another sip of his drink. "From a generation that holds manners in higher esteem than these young guns. A lady on my arm, gets treated properly, you see?"

The look on Varla's face told Blackjack that he wasn't getting anything for free.

"I tell you what" he continued, lifting his forefinger from the glass and wagging it slightly at Varla. "Once this ship is free to roam, I'll take you away for a few days, eh? Show you a good time. What do you say?"

Varla
Jan 7th, 2009, 04:23:42 PM
:: She made no effort to pull away, allowing him to make himself as comfortable as he wanted ::

"Once we set the terms, you can take me anywhere you like." ;)

Sirus Blackjack
Jan 7th, 2009, 04:27:21 PM
Blackjack blew away a stray strand of hair that had ventured down his forehead, looking to Varla with a pained expression.

"You're killing me here, baby" he said frankly, finishing his drink and setting the glass down to one side. "Hmmm, if you really don't enjoy yourself, then I'll pay up, I swear it. Cross my heart. How about that?"

Varla
Jan 8th, 2009, 02:42:10 PM
:: She shook her head in amusement ::

"The most time I can offer you free is an hour."

Sirus Blackjack
Jan 8th, 2009, 02:56:00 PM
"One hour is all I need!" he chirped gleefully, jumping up from his seat. "You'll see. I swear it."

Blackjack moved back across the room with a slight skip in his step.

"Now, on to business" he said, eyeing the starmap on display. "Where am I going?"

Varla
Jan 23rd, 2009, 09:31:25 AM
:: Varla laughed at Sirus and cleared her throat ::

"You're going to working the Corellian Run." she replied, bringing up another screen with a list of shipments.

"With Allex McGraves."

:: An image of his new partner popped up in another window ::

Sirus Blackjack
Jan 23rd, 2009, 09:35:41 AM
Sirus regarded the picture briefly, returning to a business mindset.

"McGraves...okay, that shouldn't be a problem" he replied. "With my new ship, right?"

Varla
Jan 28th, 2009, 09:22:27 AM
"Make whatever arrangements you want to. You're the ones doing the work, I just tell you the where and what."

:: Varla looked at Sirus as she finished her daiquiri ::

"What are you going to do me?" :lol :mneh

:: She leaned back against the couch and waited. It was an invitation he couldn't resist ::

Sirus Blackjack
Jan 28th, 2009, 09:28:04 AM
Sirus bit his lip, weaving back across the room.

"That would spoil to suprise, baby. But you're gonna love it. I promise" he replied, leaning over her and catching her intoxicating scent.

Varla
Jan 28th, 2009, 09:52:19 AM
:: She stretched, reaching out to run her fingers through his hair ::

"The time is ticking." :D